Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #406
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Thursday, November 12 1998      Volume 03 : Number 406

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:14:07 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  Acka: Voting

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, John Bollinger wrote:

>>K 2 unrebelled placing it at 11/25
>>Ethelred rejoined and rebelled placing it at 12/26
>>Euphrates joined placing it at 12/27
>>two-star went voting and rebelled placing it at 13/28
>>Niccolo flychuck unrebelled placing it at 12/28
>
>Not that it matters, but at the time of my message I guess it was 13/28,
>as Niccolo unrebelled afterwards.  Now it looks like it's 13/29.  Niccolo
>and Scum of the Earth could push it over.

Sorry, I meant at the time of my sending my message.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:14:08 -0500 (EST)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rebellion.

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Matt Miller wrote:

> I have lost my blood lust.
> 
> I set my rebelliousness characteristic to off.
> I also change my name to IdiotBoy with apologies to all the harfers.
> 

 I urge all players to set their revelliousness characteristic to ON,

 I do so myself, even though it already /is/ on.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing Silly Agenda Hats.    \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:14:58 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (treen)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Alexandre Muniz wrote:

> Right. The real list of definitions is:
>  
>  1)Covered with trees; forested
>  
>  2)Small woodenware -- called also treenware
>  
>  3)Pertaining to trees
>  
>  4)A member of the finch family of birds, native to Madagascar
>  
>  5)Wooden
>  
>  6)A ring, attached to the gunwale of a ship of the Vikings, for holding
>  oars rowed by crew; archaic
>  
>  7)A high, warbling squawk. Especially of a bird

I vote for definition 7, cited above.

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:21:08 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A new player joins us

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
>On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, JT wrote:
>
>> James McGregor ([email-masked]) joins us today as a voting
>> player under the Ackanomic Name of Euphrates.
>
>Thats funny, I complain about how all the new players are getting
>"conspirators" as mentors...

And I told you then that your accusation was unfounded.

>> His mentor is Vynd.
>> 
>> I'm sure you will all join me in welcoming him to the game.
>> 
>
>...and the very next one gets *me* as a mentor...

Gotta love rolling a six on a six-sided die :)

- --JT, who uses actual dice to pick things like this.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:37:33 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A second new player today.

>>We have another new player.
>>
>And now, witness the end of your insignificant rebellion!
>
>smallpox blanket.
>

The more you tighten your grip smallpox blanket, the more Ackans will slip
through your fingers.

sIRE

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:37:36 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A new player joins us

>James McGregor ([email-masked]) joins us today as a voting
>player under the Ackanomic Name of Euphrates.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is so sad...

sIRE (dies laughing)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:37:42 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Okay, Enough

Alfvaen wrote:
>If anyone has any suggestions for things I can do to properly illustrate
>my immense stupidity, feel free to make them.

Smear yourself in cheese spread then leap into a barrel of rabid mice.

sIRE

(just a thought.)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:37:33 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: another minor transaction

>I play Revolution by the beatles on the ASS
>
>--A Mean Hat.

I go to the library. I play Revolution by REM on my ASS. (You know, slapping
the cheeks for percussion...) I go home.

sIRE

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:38:52 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Disgust

I very rarely let anything that happens in this game bother me, but I have
to say that I think what has been going on today is disgusting. How many
players have had a "change of heart" in the last day or so, hmm? I can't
really claim to be in a position to cast stones, but I can say that this
whole stupid scam has turned into an outright farce. 

On the one "side" we have a number of clever players who found a loophole
and are trying to exploit it. Fine, whatever. I do get somewhat peeved
with their protestations that "Its not really our fault!" and "We're only
trying to fix things!" when they are clearly giving themselves far more
power than they would ever need to "fix" things. And then when it appeared
their scam might not work, they started recruiting their opponents left
and right.

Not that this is any surprise. From the very start the other "side" has
been concerned first with getting something for themselves, and at best
second with preventing the scam that we were supposedly all working
against. For the most part, they're just like the members of the "scaming"
side except less successful and more mercenary.

So now we see what seems to be at least half of Acka in a feeding frenzy,
trying to back both sides at once so they are sure to come out with
something. This is downright pathetic. While at first I had to admire the
scammers for coming up with a neat, if none to original, idea, they've
managed to forever overshadow any clever aspects to their plan in the last
few days. *Anybody* can become dictator if they promise to take enough
people along with them.

If one more person asks me to join the "Diktat" or the "Cabal" or what
have you, he's gonna be swallowing his own teeth.

Vynd

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:43:12 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A new player joins us

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, JT wrote:

> James McGregor ([email-masked]) joins us today as a voting
> player under the Ackanomic Name of Euphrates.
> 
> His mentor is Vynd.
> 
> I'm sure you will all join me in welcoming him to the game.
> 
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> 

Heh, I forgot to say hi in that last message. Some mentor I am. :)

Hi Euphrates, you picked a busy time to join the game, and as it happens,
a busy week at work for me. So I'm going to continue being a bad mentor
and not send you an email directly right now. If you have any questions at
all, just send a message to [email-masked], and I'll respond as quickly
as I can. If I'm too slow for you, you can always send a message to the
main list at [email-masked]. Make sure to preface your subject
with "Acka:" or "Ackanomic:" so it doesn't get filtered. And watch out for
the propaganda and mudslinging, it isn't always like thsi I assure you...

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:49:18 -0500 (EST)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Disgust

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:

> 
> I very rarely let anything that happens in this game bother me, but I have
> to say that I think what has been going on today is disgusting. How many
> players have had a "change of heart" in the last day or so, hmm? I can't
> really claim to be in a position to cast stones, but I can say that this
> whole stupid scam has turned into an outright farce. 

Hey!  Is this directed at me?  The Cabal has promised me nothing.  In
fact, none of them have even asked me to join their gay band, unlike what
you are seeing.  

I haven't had much of a change of heart.  In fact, I change my
rebelliousness characteristic to "on".  i switch it back off.  Ok, now I
turn it back on.  Net effect?  0.

> Not that this is any surprise. From the very start the other "side" has
> been concerned first with getting something for themselves, and at best
> second with preventing the scam that we were supposedly all working
> against. For the most part, they're just like the members of the "scaming"
> side except less successful and more mercenary.
> 

Huh?  All I wanted was a cool title.  I'm sticking with Passive
Contemplator, i guess.

> So now we see what seems to be at least half of Acka in a feeding frenzy,
> trying to back both sides at once so they are sure to come out with
> something. This is downright pathetic. While at first I had to admire the
> scammers for coming up with a neat, if none to original, idea, they've
> managed to forever overshadow any clever aspects to their plan in the last
> few days. *Anybody* can become dictator if they promise to take enough
> people along with them.

Welcome to democracy.. no wait, this is Elected Assembly.

IB
rebel once more.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:56:56 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (treen)

Once again, I vote for #2:
>  2)Small woodenware -- called also treenware

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:03:29 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Disgust

At 01:38 PM 11/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
>I very rarely let anything that happens in this game bother me, but I have
>to say that I think what has been going on today is disgusting. How many
>players have had a "change of heart" in the last day or so, hmm? I can't
>really claim to be in a position to cast stones, but I can say that this
>whole stupid scam has turned into an outright farce. 
>
>On the one "side" we have a number of clever players who found a loophole
>and are trying to exploit it. Fine, whatever. I do get somewhat peeved
>with their protestations that "Its not really our fault!" and "We're only
>trying to fix things!" when they are clearly giving themselves far more
>power than they would ever need to "fix" things. And then when it appeared
>their scam might not work, they started recruiting their opponents left
>and right.
>
>Not that this is any surprise. From the very start the other "side" has
>been concerned first with getting something for themselves, and at best
>second with preventing the scam that we were supposedly all working
>against. For the most part, they're just like the members of the "scaming"
>side except less successful and more mercenary.
>
>So now we see what seems to be at least half of Acka in a feeding frenzy,
>trying to back both sides at once so they are sure to come out with
>something. This is downright pathetic. While at first I had to admire the
>scammers for coming up with a neat, if none to original, idea, they've
>managed to forever overshadow any clever aspects to their plan in the last
>few days. *Anybody* can become dictator if they promise to take enough
>people along with them.
>
>If one more person asks me to join the "Diktat" or the "Cabal" or what
>have you, he's gonna be swallowing his own teeth.
>
>
>Vynd

Who has joined the Diktat?

saaremaa?

saaremaa is the only new member of Arf Wif Eir Ead that *I* am aware of.
If there are more, please, tell me, I'd love to know.

I've seen people blind with fear, fear of the sweeping changes, the
"reforms" to come... I've seen people fleeing their native land because
they're worried about the repercussions.  I've seen faces contorted with
terror as my jackbooted thugs kicked down their doors, brimming with
hatred, ready to kill and loot. I've seen mothers scream out as their
babies are snatched from them, men cry like little girls watching their
aged parents being led out to the firing squad, soldiers of the resistance
dismembered by our booby-traps.. or by our torture-artists.  I have NOT
seen, not ONCE, a traitor from the side of this "Rebel Alliance" come over
to this side and receive more than a bullet in the head.

I change my name to Pol Pot

- --Pol Pot

Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  --  Really
Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:04:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: you guys are screwed

this is MY job to track as Dungeon Master, so lemme just fill you in.

Last night, there were 12/25 voting players in rebellion, until Scum of the
Earth turned eirs off.

because Zak was a nonplayer, when Slakko "pointed it out" at 11:41, there
were 12/27 voting players in rebellion

the new rebel was ethelred, the new voting players were Euphrates and
Ethelred.

When ThinMan "pointed it out" at 12:35, there was one change, that of two-star
13/28 voting players.

since then:

Niccolo turned eirs off
else...if returned and turned eirs on
IdiotBoy/ReHustle waffled and settle with eirs on

We're at 13/29

- --Pol Pot

Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  --  Really
Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:06:35 -0500 (EST)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Disgust

I'd say these words are almost synonymous with the words, "We're just
trying to patch the loopholes".

Wallace

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	Gabe Drummond-Cole [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent:	Thursday, November 12, 1998 1:03 PM
>To:	[email-masked]
>Subject:	Re: Acka: Disgust
>
><Cambodian rant>
>
>
>
>--Pol Pot
>
>Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  --  Really
>Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:09:29 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Disgust

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
>I change my name to Pol Pot

I ack this name change.
It will be reflected on my pages sometime this evening, along with all of
the rest of the changes that have occured today with new players and
statuses, etc.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:22:33 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  acka: you guys are screwed

Pol Pot wrote:

>this is MY job to track as Dungeon Master, so lemme just fill you in.

[...]

>When ThinMan "pointed it out" at 12:35, there was one change, that of two-star
>13/28 voting players.
>
>since then:
>
>Niccolo turned eirs off
>else...if returned and turned eirs on
>IdiotBoy/ReHustle waffled and settle with eirs on
>
>We're at 13/29

If the above -- excepting the last line -- is true, then the last line
is false.  We appear to be at 14/29, requiring but one more player to
rebel.  I believe that player can find a treasure by also pointing out
the fact that a revolution starts thereby.  I observe that if a
Revolution occurs at this point then P3720 will almost certainly suffer
a quorum failure.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:36:29 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  acka: you guys are screwed

At 02:22 PM 11/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
>Pol Pot wrote:
>
>>this is MY job to track as Dungeon Master, so lemme just fill you in.
>
>[...]
>
>>When ThinMan "pointed it out" at 12:35, there was one change, that of
two-star
>>13/28 voting players.
>>
>>since then:
>>
>>Niccolo turned eirs off
>>else...if returned and turned eirs on
>>IdiotBoy/ReHustle waffled and settle with eirs on
>>
>>We're at 13/29
>
>If the above -- excepting the last line -- is true, then the last line
>is false.  We appear to be at 14/29, requiring but one more player to
>rebel.  I believe that player can find a treasure by also pointing out
>the fact that a revolution starts thereby.  I observe that if a
>Revolution occurs at this point then P3720 will almost certainly suffer
>a quorum failure.

ThinMan: wrong... When I say IB waffled, it is important to remember that e
STARTED with eirs on days ago.  So we have 13/28 beforehand, with IB on,
then 12/28 with Niccolo off then 11/28 with IB off, then 12/29 with
else...if on, then 13/29 with IB back on.  Check my page (when it gets
updated in two or three minutes... i'm having trouble with brain)

- --Pol Pot

Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  --  Really
Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:42:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Challenge (/dev/joe)

Foul /dev/joe, leader of not one but two coups in Acka's history!

You are instructed to remove thyself to the Duelling Field, where we may
battle to determine who is the more lily-white.  My lord Wild Card calls
you out to battle!  Return the favour or be struck down like the chicken
you are.

Yours,
Slakko
second to Wild Card
- -- 
Duncan C. Richer aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother | Queens' College
http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/    Ackanomic     | U. of Cambridge
Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator  | 2nd Year PhD(PMa)
More than 50% of voting players are Rebellious, so we are in Revolution.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:55:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Challenge (/dev/joe)(viruses)

Slanderous Slakko!  Go back to your Wild Card and tell him that /dev/joe
will meet him!  /dev/joe will meet him and BEST him.  And tell your master
that it was not /dev/joe who engineered this, but rather I, Pol Pot, evil
hat and anathema to ackanomic.  /dev/joe is as much my unwitting pawn in
his support of me as you two, with your pitiful "rebellion" are.  It is I,
I, I, I say, who has the power, I who lead the coup.  YOU ANSWER TO ME!

And I, as leader of this coup, mandate that /dev/joe accept this challenge,
with me as second.  I, as leader of this coup, as the one member of the
emperorship who contributed nothing visible, I mandate that /dev/joe meet
the Vile Card and DESTROY HIM.  As I speak it, so it shall come to pass!
You are DOOOMED!!! DOOOOOMED!

Come, come and play viruses, icky card, and I will steal 3 points from you,
O rebellious Warner Brother, in retribution for this slander against the
best of my minions.

- --Pol Pot

Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  --  Really
Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:08:13 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Challenge (/dev/joe)(viruses)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
>Slanderous Slakko!  Go back to your Wild Card and tell him that /dev/joe
>will meet him!  /dev/joe will meet him and BEST him.  And tell your master
>that it was not /dev/joe who engineered this, but rather I, Pol Pot, evil
>hat and anathema to ackanomic.  /dev/joe is as much my unwitting pawn in
>his support of me as you two, with your pitiful "rebellion" are.  It is I,
>I, I, I say, who has the power, I who lead the coup.  YOU ANSWER TO ME!
>
>And I, as leader of this coup, mandate that /dev/joe accept this challenge,
>with me as second.  I, as leader of this coup, as the one member of the
>emperorship who contributed nothing visible, I mandate that /dev/joe meet
>the Vile Card and DESTROY HIM.  As I speak it, so it shall come to pass!
>You are DOOOMED!!! DOOOOOMED!
>
>Come, come and play viruses, icky card, and I will steal 3 points from you,
>O rebellious Warner Brother, in retribution for this slander against the
>best of my minions.
>

As herald, I declare this duel started.  I will referee it and will post
the starting state for the duel this evening.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:18:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Challenge (/dev/joe)(viruses)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> And I, as leader of this coup, mandate that /dev/joe accept this challenge,
> with me as second.  I, as leader of this coup, as the one member of the
> emperorship who contributed nothing visible, I mandate that /dev/joe meet
> the Vile Card and DESTROY HIM.  As I speak it, so it shall come to pass!
> You are DOOOMED!!! DOOOOOMED!

 The Wheel Weaves as the Wheel Wills.  

 Oh, and that's _Wild_ Card, Chamber Pot.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing Silly Agenda Hats.    \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:13:48 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin Logan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (treen)

> 5)Wooden

I vote for definition 5.

sIRE

(Obey the law of fives.)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:26:54 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: revolution / bad vibration

I apply for membership in arf wif eir ead.

smallpox blanket.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:26:58 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: ATTN: CALVIN N HOBBES

>You are not Anakin Blanket until you turn away from the dark side of the
>force, Darth Vader. Yes, there is good in you, I can feel it. You will not
>destroy my friends or I. Or surrender me to your emperor. Listen to the good
>side of the force. Let it fill you. There _is_ good in you still, he hasn't
>crushed it all.
>
>Join us. Save us all. Please let me be able to tell my sister I was right
>about you!
>
>Calvin N Hobbes

You don't know the power of the dark side.

darth blanket.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:36:53 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rebellion.

>I have lost my blood lust.
>
>I set my rebelliousness characteristic to off.
>I also change my name to IdiotBoy with apologies to all the harfers.
>
>RH
>
I create a trinket, valued at 5A$, with the quoted name "IdiotBoy with
apologies to all the harfers" and the quoted description "It is green, and
confusingly delimited."

I give this to IdiotBoy, although it is a forgery anyway.

sb.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:40:08 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: revolution / bad vibration

At 05:26 PM 11/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I apply for membership in arf wif eir ead.
>
>smallpox blanket.
> 

I approve this
- --Pol Pot

Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  --  Really
Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:53:11 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Challenge (/dev/joe)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> Foul /dev/joe, leader of not one but two coups in Acka's history!

You forgot Postmaster/DemonLord.

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:04:21 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary (treen)

I vote for definition 5 

Robin Hood

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:35:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rebellion.

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Gavin M. Doig wrote:

> >I have lost my blood lust.
> >
> >I set my rebelliousness characteristic to off.
> >I also change my name to IdiotBoy with apologies to all the harfers.
> >
> >RH
> >
> I create a trinket, valued at 5A$, with the quoted name "IdiotBoy with
> apologies to all the harfers" and the quoted description "It is green, and
> confusingly delimited."
> 

Delimit this, imperious weasel.

IB
smoochies.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:06:02 -0500 (EST)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: f

I switch my rebel thingy ON

For good measure:
I note than more than 50% are on. Revoultion is here.

K 2

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:09:39 -0500 (EST)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: f

I then note that 14/29 are on and the rev is not here.

Vynd sums it up very well. The scam I promised not to interfere in is
over... it involved a go-fish working. I was not to switch on during the
anarchy - I didn't.

K 2
who didn't have enough money to change eir name.

K 2 wrote:

> I switch my rebel thingy ON
>
> For good measure:
> I note than more than 50% are on. Revoultion is here.
>
> K 2

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:39:14 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: f

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, K 2 wrote:

> I then note that 14/29 are on and the rev is not here.
> 
> Vynd sums it up very well. The scam I promised not to interfere in is
> over... it involved a go-fish working. I was not to switch on during the
> anarchy - I didn't.

Well, I guess that's it.

I would like to point out that if anyone feels A$216 is more reward than
they feel they would get out of the Diktat happening, my Treasure is still
up for grabs, and the next person to switch their rebelliousness to ON and
successfully start a revolution by pointing out that more than 50% of
people are rebels will find it.

Yours,
Slakko
philately will get you nowhere
- -- 
Duncan C. Richer aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother | Queens' College
http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/    Ackanomic     | U. of Cambridge
Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator  | 2nd Year PhD(PMa)
More than 50% of voting players are Rebellious, so we are in Revolution.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:59:32 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Public Health Emergency (JT)

The outcome of this was "Yes, why just yesterday e posted a letter to eir
aunt!".

I am recommending that JT attempt to become on fire and funky and stylish, at
the same time. It might not help with the snowgod's disease, but I like it.

smallpox blanket.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:59:35 -0500 (EST)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: f

Lets face it with the number of players that are now aligned (at least by
inaction) with the Diktat they could've almost passed the proposal the normal
way..... anti-voters and bonus votes. This is not a scam, its a case of will
50% of Acka vote for this proposal by keeping eir rebelliousness OFF?

K 2

Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, K 2 wrote:
>
> > I then note that 14/29 are on and the rev is not here.
> >
> > Vynd sums it up very well. The scam I promised not to interfere in is
> > over... it involved a go-fish working. I was not to switch on during the
> > anarchy - I didn't.
>
> Well, I guess that's it.
>
> I would like to point out that if anyone feels A$216 is more reward than
> they feel they would get out of the Diktat happening, my Treasure is still
> up for grabs, and the next person to switch their rebelliousness to ON and
> successfully start a revolution by pointing out that more than 50% of
> people are rebels will find it.
>
> Yours,
> Slakko
> philately will get you nowhere
> --
> Duncan C. Richer aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother | Queens' College
> http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/    Ackanomic     | U. of Cambridge
> Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator  | 2nd Year PhD(PMa)
> More than 50% of voting players are Rebellious, so we are in Revolution.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:02:32 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Public Health Emergency (JT)

At 07:59 PM 11/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The outcome of this was "Yes, why just yesterday e posted a letter to eir
>aunt!".
>
>I am recommending that JT attempt to become on fire and funky and stylish, at
>the same time. It might not help with the snowgod's disease, but I like it.
>
>smallpox blanket.
> 

i believe you're supposed to reveal the results...
- --Pol Pot

Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  --  Really
Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:12:54 -0500 (EST)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Doom

	As you are all aware, I have been sleeping for some time.  Today
however, I had a horrible dream.  A meteor was descending towards
Ackanomic; as it approached, I saw that it was made of many Ackans, all
holding hands.  They were hurtling towards Acka, threatening to destroy it.
In their way were more Ackans, forming a fence, but there were not enough.
I heard the voice of Phoebe in my ear, and she said to me, "else...if, you
must awaken, for Acka needs you."  And I realized that soon the meteor
would break through the fence.  Just as I reached out to grab hands with
those who stood in defense of Acka, I awoke.  I saw that my dream was
correct; many times in the history of Acka people have attempted to become
dictators.  Never before, however, have so many who have nothing to gain
joined them.  I have little left to give, but I will offer a lot of Right
Handed Grapefruit Juice and a Whamiol to whomever pushes the rebellion to
50%.

- --
- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:24:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: In preparation for a coronation.

I change my name to "Mao The Just" (minus quotes).

I create a Trinket worth A$20 named "The Little Red Book" with the
description "Sic Semper Tyranis.  Down with the old gaurd, up with the new.
 We control the means of production.  This will make sense later."

Studge (to be: Mao The Just)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:51:23 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: TWO more new players (IdiotBoy, Alfvaen)

I would like everyone to welcome  Bill Palmer ([email-masked]) joining
us as Danek.  He chooses to join us as a voting player.   His Sponsor is
IdiotBoy, so IdiotBoy and Danek will both get some very nice trinkets.
IdiotBoy is also his Mentor assuming he accepts publically within 24
hours.

Secondly, I would like everyone to welcome  Erin Taylor 
([email-masked]) who will be joining us as a voting player named
scout.  She is also sponsored by IdiotBoy and thus she and he will each
recieve trinkets shortly :)   Scout's Mentor is Alfvaen.

Please join me in welcoming these two new players to our game.

- --JT, Registrar

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:54:29 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: In preparation for a coronation.

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Mueller wrote:
>I change my name to "Mao The Just" (minus quotes).

I ack this name change.  I also (since someone at least didn't notice it
earlier) ack K 2's name change to 'Scum of the Earth'

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #406
*******************************