Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #401
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Monday, November 9 1998       Volume 03 : Number 401

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 20:58:39 -0500 (EST)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: rebel

I set (if it is not already) my rebellious flag to on.

CnH

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 22:09:58 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: rebel

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Thierry Joffrain wrote:

> I set (if it is not already) my rebellious flag to on.
> 
> CnH
> 

Huzah!  Come on people, there's still time for us to stop the latest
attempt at a dictatorship! Rebel now, or regret it later! I know that
there are people out there who didn't want to impeach the senators, but
still claim not to be involved in the scam. This is your chance to prove
it! Hurray for revolution!

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 22:10:33 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lucky she was around to clarify

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> I challenge Studge's alleged posting of Phoebe's wisdom on the grounds
> that it was clearly not the authentic words of the Steel Flea, but rather
> an attempt to shore up a crumbling autocracy with misattributed words.
> 

Shucks, you beat me to it.

Vynd

[email-masked]

> 
> --
> --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
> Song In My Head--Godley & Creme:The Last Page of History
> Current Book--Tom Wolfe:The Bonfire of The Vanities
> Pretend the needle thickens.  --lstewart
> 

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 23:48:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Phoebe (Calvin N Hobbes)

>Calvin N Hobbes has found Phoebe's matchbox.

As I was meditating on the harsh life in Ackanomic now that it was under a
dictatorship, I contemplated the long bloody struggle ahead. I was too old
for such foolishness and no longer had the stomach to endure it all. My hope
had been that it wouldn't happen, that our senators would be an enlightened
bunch... But isn't a golden cage still a cage?

"I do believe I can help," said a voice I knew from long ago. It was Phoebe,
ever ready to assist a troubled mind.

"You know my thoughts and the events of Ackanomic. Even an old player who
has seen everything needs advice; yours I seek more than all the rest."

"Then listen to the words on the wind!" she exclaimed before vanishing once
more.

She had no sooner left that someone posted a message to set their rebellious
flag on. There was the long awaited sign. There was the sign that this was a
just war. There were the martyrs who would be sacrificed before long, whose
names would be cherished in the next golden age to come after the
revolution... I stood up, frail, yes, but proud and tall beside younger giants.

CnH

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #401
*******************************