Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #396
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Friday, November 6 1998       Volume 03 : Number 396

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 14:15:50 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Acka: Voting

I also observe an important distinction between a 'voting player' and a
'player elligible to vote'.  The former is a player with a particular
player state, regardless of the government type.  The latter would be
more precisely described as 'player elligible to vote on proposals,'
and the players who have that designation is a parameter of the
government type.

The whole point of this is that although the majority of us have been
disenfranchized with respect to proposals, we still have the other
privileges that apply to voting players -- including voting in hearings,
(such as IPs) for instance.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 14:16:11 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fruit basket

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, John Bollinger wrote:

> 
> Vynd wrote:
> 
> >I set my rebelliousness characteristic to ON, and hope that any ensuing
> >rebellion doesn't end up getting scamed twice as bad. I also note that
> >ThinMan didn't set his reliiousness to ON, and I wonder why...
> 
> I think I already set my rebelliousness to ON.  In case I am mistaken, I
> now set my rebelliousness to ON.
> 
> Should there in fact be another Rebellion very soon, I observe that there
> are appropriate proposals in the queue to effectively neuter the
> governments rule suite (I think).
> 
> 
> ThinMan
> 

Another good point. :)  I encourage everyone to rebel. Run wild in the
streets. Break things! The worst thing that can happen has well, already
happened. We've got nowhere to go but up! And don't tell me there aren't a
few proposals in the queue you'd like to vote against. Act now!

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 14:20:27 -0500 (EST)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Desperation

I submit an Impeachment Paper against JT for the Office of President.
It's probably too late to stop the horror we are about to descend into,
but it makes me feel slightly better.

Wallace

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 14:20:49 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Voting

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, John Bollinger wrote:
>I also observe an important distinction between a 'voting player' and a
>'player elligible to vote'.  The former is a player with a particular
>player state, regardless of the government type.  The latter would be
>more precisely described as 'player elligible to vote on proposals,'
>and the players who have that designation is a parameter of the
>government type.
>
>The whole point of this is that although the majority of us have been
>disenfranchized with respect to proposals, we still have the other
>privileges that apply to voting players -- including voting in hearings,
>(such as IPs) for instance.

Noone ever said anything to the contrary.  However, an IP is not a
hearing.
Still, any player with a STATE of Voting may vote in an IP, yes.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 14:26:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Desperation

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, AARON KEESLER wrote:

> I submit an Impeachment Paper against JT for the Office of President.
> It's probably too late to stop the horror we are about to descend into,
> but it makes me feel slightly better.
> 

I vote YES on this IP.

IB
civilly [sic] disobediant

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 14:27:43 -0500 (EST)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3720 scammed

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, JT wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
> >I would just point out that CFJs cannot be a part of explicit game custom.
> >There is in fact a CFJ, saying that not all CFJs are part of explicit game
> >custom, which has been judged TRUE.
> 
> I would point you to rule 215 which says
>    If a statement on which Judgement has been called is Judged to be
>    true, and that Judgement is not overruled, it does not thereby become
>    a rule, or any part of a rule. It merely becomes an explicit part of
>    currently accepted game custom.
> 
> Therefore, were this CFJ ruled true it WOULD become an explicit part of
> accepted game custim, the other CFJ not withstanding.

Rule 101 says that game custom is not regulated.  Rule 215 attempts to
regulate part of game custom, by making non-overturned CFJs explicitly
part of it.  Which one do you think wins?

- -- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 14:29:16 -0500 (EST)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fruit basket

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Matt Miller wrote:

> 
> I set my rebelliousness characteristic to ON.

Save the Game!

I set my rebelliousness characteristic to ON.

- -- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 14:36:16 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3720 scammed

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer wrote:
>> I would point you to rule 215 which says
>>    If a statement on which Judgement has been called is Judged to be
>>    true, and that Judgement is not overruled, it does not thereby become
>>    a rule, or any part of a rule. It merely becomes an explicit part of
>>    currently accepted game custom.
>> 
>> Therefore, were this CFJ ruled true it WOULD become an explicit part of
>> accepted game custim, the other CFJ not withstanding.
>
>Rule 101 says that game custom is not regulated.  Rule 215 attempts to
>regulate part of game custom, by making non-overturned CFJs explicitly
>part of it.  Which one do you think wins?

Heh.  I retract that CFJ (or will as soon as you distribute it since it
doesn't, as you pointed out) have any bearing on game custom which is all
I wanted to establish. (I don't believe the fish worked, and wanted that
to be explicit).

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 15:09:02 -0500 (EST)
From: "Head Apollo" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Life is Peachy

Some of you may be wondering why I'm not scaremongering this government
change. Well as someone pointed out (/dev/joe I think) I was one of the
rebels, so I realised that having an elected assembly take over the game was
a real possibility. I didn't realise that everyone would get so uppity about
it... I mean, didn't you read the rules, eh?

Even though a Funky Populi card (and *I'm* going for spelling exchequer?)
was played on the determination, it was still possibly going to happen... in
all probability that is.

Having said that, YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE !!! GOBLINS SHALL FEAST ON YOUR
BUTTOCKS!!! YOUR GUMS SHALL BECOME DISEASED AND ULCEROUS!!! AND YOUR TEETH
SHALL TURN TO GLUE!!! GGGGLLLLLUUUUUUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eirs

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 15:23:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Retraction.

I retract P3721.

IB

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 15:28:14 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Fruit basket

I set my rebelliousness characteristic to ON.

Robin Hood

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 16:03:05 -0500 (EST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka : Duel Challenge ( Studge)

Know, Studge, that the day has come for penance.
Know, Studge, that I speak as Second to the one known
as the Passive Contemplator. One who is an Elder and hath returned.
Know, Studge, that I speak as Second to none other than IdiotBoy,
trader of PFBonds, follower of the ever metamorphosing Church of Odo onthe
Worm Hole.
Know then, Studge, that IdiotBoy, the only ackazen bold enough to declare
eirself Dumber than a Box of Hammers, Challenges you to a Duel.
For thou art a Senator, and ours and yours are a feudin', and for what
part you may have had in the recent take over attempt.
Choose your Second, choose your Game.

We shall be awaiting your reply!

Niccolo Flychuck
Founder of Odo on the Worm Hole!

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 16:10:10 -0500 (EST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: I return

In that case, did I ever really go on Vacation?
I first changed my state to non-voting, and then a couple of days later I
stated that I was going on Vacation. I don't recal the exact dates,
though.

Niccolo Flychuck
 On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> At 01:30 PM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
> >>Are you quite sure about that, JT?
> >
> >Yes, since in the case you quoted below that was the player trying to
> >change his state twice in that time.  here, Nicollo returned from
> >vacation,
> 
> (changed his state)
> 
> >which made him Non-Voting automatically, and tried to then
> >change his status to voting.  
> 
> (changed his state)
> 
> Niccolo's case is no different; e's still trying to change eir state twice
> in that time.
> 
> >I personally think that should be allowed to
> >work 
> 
> i agree with this wholeheartedly.  However, since coming back from vacation
> is a voluntary state change, what you outline would not actually effect a
> change.
> 
> >and the rule only prevent voluntary changing more than once every
> >three days.  However, the rules do state otherwise.
> >
> >--JT
> >
> >
> >[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> >[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                ]
> >[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> >[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> > 
> - --A Mean Hat.
> 
> Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  -- Really
> Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 16:34:12 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: I return

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Uri Bruck wrote:
>In that case, did I ever really go on Vacation?
>I first changed my state to non-voting, and then a couple of days later I
>stated that I was going on Vacation. I don't recal the exact dates,
>though.

Unsure, but I believe that it was more than 14 days ago :)  I will check
later this evening when I have faster access to my records at home.  If it
wasn't that could have changed some voting results.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 16:37:17 -0500 (EST)
From: "Head Apollo" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: GAD!  (Round 2 results)

>K 2 grabbed Rex Mundi's donkey, just as Rex Mundi was grabbing eirs'.

Mine or K 2's?

eirs

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 16:57:50 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Desperation

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, AARON KEESLER wrote:

> I submit an Impeachment Paper against JT for the Office of President.
> It's probably too late to stop the horror we are about to descend into,
> but it makes me feel slightly better.
> 
> Wallace

I vote YES on this IP against JT.

Vynd

[email-masked]

> 
> ------------------
> Aaron Keesler
> Lotus Notes Administrator
> Intranet Administrator
> Adtran, Inc.
> ------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 17:20:20 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Desperation

At 04:57 PM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
>
>On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, AARON KEESLER wrote:
>
>> I submit an Impeachment Paper against JT for the Office of President.
>> It's probably too late to stop the horror we are about to descend into,
>> but it makes me feel slightly better.
>> 
>> Wallace
>
>I vote YES on this IP against JT.
>
>Vynd
>
>[email-masked]
>
And I vote NO

I also vote NO on all other outstanding IPS
- --A Mean Hat.

Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  --  Really
Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 17:22:17 -0500 (EST)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Desperation

AARON KEESLER wrote:

> I submit an Impeachment Paper against JT for the Office of President.
> It's probably too late to stop the horror we are about to descend into,
> but it makes me feel slightly better.

I vote against this impeachment paper.

Gromit.

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 17:30:29 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Desperation

Vynd wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, AARON KEESLER wrote:
> 
> > I submit an Impeachment Paper against JT for the Office of President.
> > It's probably too late to stop the horror we are about to descend into,
> > but it makes me feel slightly better.
> > 
> > Wallace
> 
> I vote YES on this IP against JT.

And I vote NO on it.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 17:35:32 -0500 (EST)
From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Desperation

At 02:20 PM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I submit an Impeachment Paper against JT for the Office of President.
>It's probably too late to stop the horror we are about to descend into,
>but it makes me feel slightly better.

As I have on every previous IP, I vote No.

Studge

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 18:06:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Aka: Duel (YORL)

The time for penance is long since past.  
The time for punishment has come and gone.  
The time to repent is up.
The time to flee is no more.

IdiotBoy!  Listen, and listen well, that you may know the wisdom of he
whose boots you are not fit to lick!  Listen, that your unschooled brain
may learn the ways of the wise!  Listen, that through contemplation, yea,
even through passive contemplation, you may learn the error of your ways!
Listen!  Listen!

No longer can we endure your vile machinations.  No longer, I say, no longer,
will we tolerate your flagrant disregard for all that is right, good, and
harfy!  No longer can we stand by while you and yours slander us with great
slander, libel us with great libel, and most vilely heap us with insults,
accusations, and impeachment attempts!

As Second to mighty Studge, Senator, Swinger, Gray Councillor, Priest,
Enlightened, Owner of Internomic, and my Mentor, I accept your challenge.

On behalf of this mighty one, and on behalf of all others who have suffered
on your account, I accept your challenge.

Studge stands forward to defend the honour of all your targets.  Studge
stands forth, valiant, upright, most like a Poobah, defending the honor of
all those unjustly impeached, from the President to the Speaker....

Studge stands forth to prove, by might of arms, that it was not these
unjustly accused, but rather a dark, vile, conspiracy involving such evil
players as Alfvaen, IdiotBoy, K 2, Slakko, two-star, Vynd, and Wild Card,
who engineered the chaos that currently ensues, and who stand to gain most
from it.

Studge stands, proud, defiant, and ready to face you, on the battlefield.
Bring yourself to the battlefield.  In the arena of YORL, Studge will show
you the error of your ways, and YOU SHALL PERISH.  Fear, IdiotBoy, fear the
wrath of the wrongfully accused, and come, bring yourself, to the field of
honour.

- --A Mean Hat.

Crazy French Scotsman -- Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master  --  Really
Weird --  Rule-Harfer -- Warrior Caste

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 18:31:40 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 685 (TRUE)

r-attila the farce has judged this TRUE.

Call for Judgement 685 - November 2, 1998
Subject: Broken Ballot Stuffers
Initiator: K 2 (sent 02 Nov 1998, 21:25 Acka)
Judge: r-attila the farce (chosen 03 Nov 1998, 03:19 Acka)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:
If an Evil Ballot Stuffer is used during the hearing that results from a
challenge to a State of Crisis Resolution Document it will break

Reasoning:
Rule 362 (Crisis Resolution) states:
These changes will be applied three days after the issuance of that
document, or at the end of a failed challenge (whichever is later)
unless it has been challenged and defeated.

Thus at the end of a challenge hearing exactly one verdict will result
in the application of the CRD which (by definition) is a list of rule
set modifications.

According to Rule 360 (Hearings):
A Hearing is Serious if and only if there exists one or more verdicts
for that particular Hearing that would lead to a modification
of the rule set. Attempts by entities other than voting players to
respond in Serious Hearings automatically fail, and if such
attempting entity is a mechanical Gadget, it breaks.

Since a hearing verdict of "This will patch the crisis" results in the
application and subsequent modification of the rules by the CRD, the
challenge hearing is serious and any mechanical gadget which votes in it
becomes broken.

An EBS is mechanical.

Judge's Reasoning:

Since no one has voiced any aurgument to the False, and since the
initiators logic seems flawless.  But more importantly since the rules
say so, I see no other choice but to doom some EBS's to destruction

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 18:31:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 174 (TRUE) (upheld)

Amicus Draconis have upheld the original verdict of TRUE.
They have specified a penalty of 0 points to the appellant, and the
sentence is a FINE of A$1.

Call for Criminal Judgement 174 - September 12, 1998
Subject: Malpracticing Financier
Initiator: Weishaupt (sent 12 Sep 1998, 08:12 Acka)
Judge: Robin Hood (selected 12 Sep 1998, 09:00 Acka)
Judgement: TRUE (promulgated 18 Sep 1998, 04:15 Acka)
Appellant: K 2
1st Cortex: /dev/cortex (Mr. Tambourine Man and /dev/joe) (selected 21 Sep
1998, 12:13 Acka) (too slow)
2nd Cortex: Amicus Draconis (JT and Vynd) (chosen 31 Oct 1998 06:10 Acka)
Judgement: TRUE (upheld)

Statement: 
K 2 committed the Crime of Malpractice on Aug 28

Reasoning: 
This is only true if I have a brie.  When I joined, no method of
gaining Bries was defined in the rules.  Assuming I do have a Brie, K 2
performed his duty as financier incorrectly.  According to rule 701,

The act of performing a Duty incorrectly is the Crime of Malpractice. 

Suggested Penalty:

Transferrence of A$100 to Weishaupt for confusion, consternation, guilt,
and psychological trauma
Public Apology of at least 2 lines

Judge's Reasoning:
(none)

Actual Penalty:
A FINE of A$1.

Appellant's Reasoning:

>From rule 701: "The act of performing a Duty incorrectly is the Crime of
Malpractice."
>From rule 412:
"
The Duties of the Financier are:

a) To maintain accurate records of the who owns each ownable entity, what
each Player owns, and what each named non-Player
entity [such as the Treasury or the Chartreuse Goose] owns.

b) To log (or collate logs made by other officers) all transfers of entity
ownership and the creation and destruction of entities, and
to verify that these events happen only in accordance with the Rules.

c) To make the records and logs available to any Player upon request.

d) To maintain the Free Market (FM), and to verify any transaction made
there was made in accordance with the rules.
"

Since no player has requested the entity transfer log according to c) no
player (aside from myself) is in any position to determine if a breach of a)
has occurred. Since the pe page is unregulated it is permissible for it to
have any content I choose <power trip> :). While it usually represents
*The Truth* maybe in this case it didn't? No one asked so only I can tell.

As the most damning evidence that I didn't do it I present rule 401.x :
"
Officers have 3 days to complete the tasks and duties they are responsible
for, not counting any time the officer is vacationing or
in Gaol, unless other rules unambiguously specify a different finite amount
of time for these things.
"
On 28/08/1998  3:52:29 Weishaupt joined the game, I had three days to harf
eir ownership of A$900 and a trinket (duty 402.a), thus on Aug 28 I was not
committing Malpractice. If it occurred it occurred 3 days later. This CFCJ
is definitely (first player to say trivially gets a sound thwaping) FALSE.

Cortex's reasoning:

There is a preponderance of evidence that K 2 did in fact perform his
duties incorrectly, by incorrectly logging that Weishaupt had a Brie
cheese. We note that K 2 did not somehow give Weishaupt a Brie
incorrectly, the Financier does not have the ability to create entities
except in accordance with the rules, and it was impossible for a Brie to
be created at the time in question. Instead, K 2 incorrectly tracked, or
in the language of the rules, logged, the existance of a Brie in
Weishaupt's possession. Thus K 2 incorrectly performed duties a) and b) of
the Financier office, which are (in part) to keep accurate records of what
players own, and to log the creation and transfer of entities.

The real question in judging this CFJ is not if the Crime was commited,
but when.  The appelant (K 2 again) claims that the efficiency section of
Rule 400, which allows 3 days for officers to carry out their duties,
means that he could not have commited malpractice in regards to
Weishaupt's possession on August 28. He bases this claim on the fact that,
as Weishaupt had only joined the game on the 28th, as Financier he had
still had three days to accurately record Weishaupt's possessions.

We disagree with K 2 on this matter. If this were a case where K 2 had not
yet logged Weishaupt as possessing anything on August 28, then his
argument would be valid. He would not have performed his duty yet, but he
would still have several days in which to do so. This is not what occured.
In this case, K 2 performed his duty, but did so incorrectly in that he
stated that Weishaupt owned something that he did not. In fact, he
commited Malpractice twice, once by claiming that Brie was created, and
again by claiming that Weishaupt owned said Brie. The efficiency ceased to
apply once K 2 performed his duty, even if it was performed incorrectly.

K 2 also asserts that the contents of the "Player/Entity" page are not, in
fact, a log, and need not be accurate. We disagree with this assertion as
well. To our knowledge K 2 has never informed players of any means of
accessing a "log" other than the website in question. He has presented the
information on it as if it were a log, and in the absence of any other
visible means of acquiring information on entities and ownership, it has
been considered by the players of Ackanomic to be the official source of
information from the Financier. We believe that each time a player
accesses the "Player/Entity" webpage, this is a "request" by a player for
the "records and logs" that are discussed in section c) of Rule 412
Financier and Free Market. Thus, if the webpage is "not" an accurate log,
but the Financier has, at the very least, allowed the PLayers of Ackanomic
to believe that it is, then he is once again commiting Malpractice, and
presumably was commiting Malpractice on August 28, as the same webpage was
in use then.

Thus, this court has determined that if K 2 did not have an accurate log
of Weishaupt's possessions on August 28 available on the "Player/Entity"
webpage, he commited the Crime alleged in this CFCJ. After investigation,
some of which is quoted at the end of this message, we have determined
that the crime was in fact commited on August 28. Hence we uphold the
original judgment of TRUE.

With all that said and done, we consider this CFCJ to be in poor taste.
The officers, particularly the Financier, have difficult jobs to do, and
will inevitably make mistakes. When they are noticed, it has long been
game custom to point them out and allow them to be corrected without
punishment, unless of course the the officer disagrees that an error has
been made at all. This game custom does not, of course, prevent CFCJs from
being filed, but we feel that it is important to note that they were not
intended for this purpose. Malpractice is a crime that should only be
prosecuted when it has truly damaging effects on the game or a player,
neither of which was true in this case. Having stated this for the record,
we choose to keep the original penalty of a FINE of A$1. Let the appealer
of this CFCJ be penalized with a 0 point deduction.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 22:09:02 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Aka: Duel (YORL)

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
[most of duel response snipped]
>Studge stands, proud, defiant, and ready to face you, on the battlefield.
>Bring yourself to the battlefield.  In the arena of YORL, Studge will show
>you the error of your ways, and YOU SHALL PERISH.  Fear, IdiotBoy, fear the
>wrath of the wrongfully accused, and come, bring yourself, to the field of
>honour.

As Herald I now announce the start of this duel.  I do not wish to referee
it, so, if anyone else wishes too, they have 1 week from this date to
state that they will referee the duel.  Anyone?

- --JT, Herald

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 22:26:27 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: I return

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, JT wrote: 
>On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Uri Bruck wrote:
>>In that case, did I ever really go on Vacation?
>>I first changed my state to non-voting, and then a couple of days later I
>>stated that I was going on Vacation. I don't recal the exact dates,
>>though.
>
>Unsure, but I believe that it was more than 14 days ago :)  I will check
>later this evening when I have faster access to my records at home.  If it
>wasn't that could have changed some voting results.

Having checked this this evening, you went on Vacation on the 18th of
October, which was greater than 14 days ago.  You went Non-Voting on
October 4th, which was more than 3 days before that, so there was in fact
no error there.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 22:35:54 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Historian & Spelling Exchequer

From: JT <[email-masked]>

>On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, AARON KEESLER wrote:
>>The Nomination periods for Historian and Spelling Exchequer have ended.
[snip]
>In this election, I vote for Gromit.
>
>>Spelling Exchequer:
>>ThinMan
>>r-Atilla the Farce
>>eirs
>
>and in this one, I vote for ThinMan
>
>--JT
>
I am calling a Public Health Emergency on JT for the above quoted message,
which I point out was sent publicly even though the original was sent to
acka-priv. I am the Undergraduate Med Student for this hearing. The valid
responses are
"Yes, why just yesterday e posted a letter to eir aunt!"
"No, e, uh, meant to do that."

Reply to burn the witch!

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 22:38:59 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: no way

I change my name to the quoted string "smallpox blanket".

TEFKA Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 23:21:55 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Aka: Duel (YORL)

>On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:
>[most of duel response snipped]
>>Studge stands, proud, defiant, and ready to face you, on the battlefield.
>>Bring yourself to the battlefield.  In the arena of YORL, Studge will show
>>you the error of your ways, and YOU SHALL PERISH.  Fear, IdiotBoy, fear the
>>wrath of the wrongfully accused, and come, bring yourself, to the field of
>>honour.

>As Herald I now announce the start of this duel.  I do not wish to referee
>it, so, if anyone else wishes too, they have 1 week from this date to
>state that they will referee the duel.  Anyone?

I would be willing to, but I won't have time to get around to actually
mail out cards, etc. until tomorrow sometime.  So if anyone steps
forward before then to do it, more power to them.  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/)
Current Album--Lush:Lovelife
Current Book--Tom Wolfe:The Bonfire of The Vanities
Throw another leg on the fire.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 23:23:30 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Finely Tuned Herring

I vote YES on the current IP against JT as President.

I set my Rebelliousness characteristic to ON.

I go to the Library and play "I'm So Tired" by The Beatles on the
Ackanomic Sound System.  Then, if it is open, I go through the
little turnstile and into the Vault of the Book.  Why not.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/)
Current Album--Lush:Lovelife
Current Book--Tom Wolfe:The Bonfire of The Vanities
There's no business like a good offense

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 23:33:07 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Finely Tuned Herring

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
>I go to the Library and play "I'm So Tired" by The Beatles on the
>Ackanomic Sound System.  Then, if it is open, I go through the
>little turnstile and into the Vault of the Book.  Why not.

It has not yet been 24 hours, sorry.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #396
*******************************