Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #375
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Sunday, October 25 1998       Volume 03 : Number 375

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:27:41 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Org

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
>The society known as "Sapphire Dressing Gowns" is thus formed with myself, JT
>and A Mean Hat as members. I believe Ihave to pay the standard harfer fee.

I suggest and approve that the Sapphire Dressing Gowns adopt a communist
single player membership style

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:29:45 -0500 (EST)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Org

JT wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
> >The society known as "Sapphire Dressing Gowns" is thus formed with myself, JT
> >and A Mean Hat as members. I believe Ihave to pay the standard harfer fee.
>
> I suggest and approve that the Sapphire Dressing Gowns adopt a communist
> single player membership style

I approve of this.

RRM.

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:34:27 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Comments on Current Proposals

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, K 2 wrote:
>I give all my tradeable entities to JT.

I thank K 2 kindly for the offer that doesn't occur.
I switch the list to ackanomic instead of acka-research.
I donate A$1 to the twits.

I give A$5 to Slakko for not retracting the proposal while we were
discussing it and apologize to him for the extra work.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:34:35 -0500 (EST)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Org

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

> > On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
> > >The society known as "Sapphire Dressing Gowns" is thus formed with myself, JT
> > >and A Mean Hat as members. I believe Ihave to pay the standard harfer fee.
> >
> > I suggest and approve that the Sapphire Dressing Gowns adopt a communist
> > single player membership style
> 
> I approve of this.

 I attempt to join the Sapphire Dressing Gowns.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:37:31 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Org

At 07:29 PM 10/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
>
>JT wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
>> >The society known as "Sapphire Dressing Gowns" is thus formed with
myself, JT
>> >and A Mean Hat as members. I believe Ihave to pay the standard harfer fee.
>>
>> I suggest and approve that the Sapphire Dressing Gowns adopt a communist
>> single player membership style
>
>I approve of this.
>
>RRM.
>
>--

I approve, it happens

- --A Mean Hat.
Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master -- Art Thief -- Warrior Caste -- Crazy
French Scotsman -- Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:38:32 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Possible Thread Split

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, JT wrote:
>
>> Errmm no.  It has been discussed in the past (and in fact upheld) that
>> playing an otzma card doesn't matter if the information given to play it
>> was valid or not.
>> 
>> You attempted to play your OC on a possible non-event.  Your OC was still
>> burned.   However, I believe that the first determination was valid (see
>> my CFJ when it's distributed by Slakko).
>
> Ah, but the play was predicated (if implicitly) on the success of the
>original action.

Irrelevant.   There is no requirement on the OC play that the thing you
are playing it on actually occur.   This is similar to the fact that Joe
Java (as he was known at the time) attempted to play an OC skeleton key
but forgot to name which moon.  The card was still played even though the
required data was incorrectly specified.
This is a similar case.  You played an SYI, named A Mean Hat. and A$2500.
The fact that he hadn't had an income of A$5000 prior to it (in one
thread) doesn't undo that playing of the card.  It sucks, but that's life.
Same goes for IdiotBoys attempt to Go Fish your impossible play.  Just
because your play doesn't occur does not retroactively undo his fish.

(note, that I believe it to be the case that the original, not the second
determination was valid and so you did play your SYI a day or two ago and
thus couldn't play it today anyway)

>> You cannot do this as it's been less than three days since you played an
>> OC.
> 
> Not following the logic I was using it wouldn't be.  And if not then I
>don't have a SYI.

As above, I find your logic flawed.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:05:20 -0500 (EST)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Possible Thread Split

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, JT wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
> >On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Matt Miller wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
> >> 
> >> >  In the hope that the first is true I play my Otzma Card Share Your Income
> >> > on A Mean Hat naming the sum A$2500.  I then urge Slakko to shield me.
> >> > 
> >> 
> >> Just for kicks I play my ewly acquired Go Fish on this.
> >> 
> > In this thread you don't have a Go Fish, and JT either has 6 OC or 7
> >including two Go Fish.
> 
> Err No.. The gift of the OC was *NOT* thread dependant.
> Wild Card, I think you're very confused for the moment.
> 

 It is, because the thread I'm refering to is the one in which I have an
OC SYI - i.e. the on in which I didn't play it because of the implicit
predication.  In that thread you never played your Go Fish and so had 7 OC
at the point at which you gave IB the Go Fish and sou couldn't,

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:05:24 -0500 (EST)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: D'oh!!

I retract P3697

Rambo

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:06:06 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Comments on Current Proposals

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, K 2 wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, K 2 wrote:
>> >I don't give all my tradeable entities to JT on research.
>>
>> I thank K 2 kindly for the offer that doesn't occur.
>> I switch the list to ackanomic instead of acka-research.
>> I donate A$1 to the twits.
>>
>> I give A$5 to Slakko for not retracting the proposal while we were
>> discussing it and apologize to him for the extra work.
>>
>> --JT
>
>none for me?

Greedy :)
I give A$1 to K2 for pointing out my mistake in a humourous manner.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:10:12 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Possible Thread Split

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, JT wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
>> >On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Matt Miller wrote:
>> >
>> >> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
>> >> 
>> >> >  In the hope that the first is true I play my Otzma Card Share Your Income
>> >> > on A Mean Hat naming the sum A$2500.  I then urge Slakko to shield me.
>> >> > 
>> >> 
>> >> Just for kicks I play my ewly acquired Go Fish on this.
>> >> 
>> > In this thread you don't have a Go Fish, and JT either has 6 OC or 7
>> >including two Go Fish.
>> 
>> Err No.. The gift of the OC was *NOT* thread dependant.
>> Wild Card, I think you're very confused for the moment.
>> 
>
> It is, because the thread I'm refering to is the one in which I have an
>OC SYI - i.e. the on in which I didn't play it because of the implicit
>predication.  In that thread you never played your Go Fish and so had 7 OC
>at the point at which you gave IB the Go Fish and sou couldn't,

I never played a Go Fish :)  I played an SYI.  and as I said above, there
is no thread dependance on these actions, implicit or otherwise.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:19:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Possible Thread Split

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, JT wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
> >On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, JT wrote:
> >> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
> >> >On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Matt Miller wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
> >> >> 
> >> >> >  In the hope that the first is true I play my Otzma Card Share Your Income
> >> >> > on A Mean Hat naming the sum A$2500.  I then urge Slakko to shield me.
> >> >> > 
> >> >> 
> >> >> Just for kicks I play my ewly acquired Go Fish on this.
> >> >> 
> >> > In this thread you don't have a Go Fish, and JT either has 6 OC or 7
> >> >including two Go Fish.
> >> 
> >> Err No.. The gift of the OC was *NOT* thread dependant.
> >> Wild Card, I think you're very confused for the moment.
> >> 
> >
> > It is, because the thread I'm refering to is the one in which I have an
> >OC SYI - i.e. the on in which I didn't play it because of the implicit
> >predication.  In that thread you never played your Go Fish and so had 7 OC
> >at the point at which you gave IB the Go Fish and sou couldn't,
> 
> I never played a Go Fish :)  I played an SYI.  and as I said above, there
> is no thread dependance on these actions, implicit or otherwise.
> 

 Whatever.  Maybe I ought to submit a CFJ and clear this up once and for
all.  Who's the CotC ATM?

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:27:18 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Possible Thread Split

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
>> I never played a Go Fish :)  I played an SYI.  and as I said above, there
>> is no thread dependance on these actions, implicit or otherwise.
>
> Whatever.  Maybe I ought to submit a CFJ and clear this up once and for
>all.  Who's the CotC ATM?

A CFJ has already been submitted on which of the two determination was
valid.   Slakko is the CotC.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:29:42 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: A frivolous thing

Some of you may recognize why I am doing this, some of you may not.   Ahh
well :)

I hereby submit the following CFJ as delimited by SAY_WHAT.  Customary
header have been included
SAY_WHAT
Statement:
   The poet or muse must dream to have the vision necessary to keep his
goal
in sight.

Reasoning:
   I would characterize this CFJ as being completely frivolous.  In fact,
in any country, even a Banna Republic, I would state that this CFJ has no
place nor reason.  It's sole aim is to distinguish the author, and mark
a place in the annals of Ackanomic History.  It shall be used to identify
the extreme length a player of any station will go through to fulfill a
condition placed upon him.  Fortunately, this CFJ can be retracted without
penalty.
SAY_WHAT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:30:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Possible Thread Split

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, JT wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
> >> I never played a Go Fish :)  I played an SYI.  and as I said above, there
> >> is no thread dependance on these actions, implicit or otherwise.
> >
> > Whatever.  Maybe I ought to submit a CFJ and clear this up once and for
> >all.  Who's the CotC ATM?
> 
> A CFJ has already been submitted on which of the two determination was
> valid.   Slakko is the CotC.

 On the OC issue.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:51:43 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A frivolous thing

Man, I'm stoned.

- --A Mean Hat.
Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master -- Art Thief -- Warrior Caste -- Crazy
French Scotsman -- Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:11:55 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Otzma Card Stuff

The issue of whether the various Otzma Cards played after the Art Thief
card were wasted or not is interesting.  JT seems to think they were all
wasted but I don't see this in the rules.  All I see is this from Rule
1240.7 (Share your income):

   An Otzma Card of this type can only be played in the public forum.
   When a player plays this a Card of this type e also names another
   player, and a sum of money which is at most half of a sum the named
   player received in the preceding three days. The Named player
   transfers that same amount to the player who played the Card.

And this from Rule 1240.1, section V:
   1. Otzma Cards may only be used according to the rules.

And this from Rule 1240.2 (Go Fish):
   2. An Otzma Card of type 'Go Fish' can be used in the following ways:
   
   a. In a public forum it can be used to Counter any other Otzma Card,
   in accordance with the rules. The player who plays the Go Fish Card
   plays the Card by announcing that e is playing it, and which Card it
   is being used on. The announcement must non-ambiguous.
   
   b. When used on proposals. A player can use a Go Fish card on a
   proposal by sending a message to that effect to the tabulator.
   [...]
   
   c. A Go Fish Card can be used over another Go Fish Card only if the Go
   Fish Card it is used on has not been used on a Go Fish Card.

We know if a player attempts an action which violates the rules, the
attempt fails.  In R1240.7, the text beginning "When a player plays"
may be interpreted either as a requirement for playing the card or as
an additional requirement the player incurs upon playing the card.
If it is an additional requirement for playing the card, then those
attempts failed.  If it is an additional requirement the player occurs,
then doing so improperly is a violation of the rules, but the card is
played; the rules would negate the attempt to specify the amount of money,
and the next sentence in the rule, which attempts to transfer the money,
fails because the amount has not been specified.

This is pretty much irrelevant, though, because JT's original Art Thief
determination was correct.  Items in the private collection room are
among the "other items" of the same type which may be stolen, though it
is impossible to actually steal one, and if one of these is chosen, the
player steals nothing.

Rule 1240.15 (Art Thief) says:

   A player who plays this Card shall unambiguously announce the name of
   an entity (other than a player) contained in the Museum.

This was done.

   Upon doing so, the following shall occur:

   a) If the entity's donation value is less than A$10, then the theft
   succeeds.
   
   b) If the entity's donation value is greater than A$10, then for every
   A$10 of the entity's value the chance of failure is 1%. (So, for an
   A$350-value entity, the chance of failure is 35%.)
   
   c) If the chance of failure is non-zero, then the Officer in Charge of
   Random Things shall determine whether or not the theft fails. If the
   theft does not fail, it succeeds.

The chance of failure was 100%, so it failed.

   d) If the theft succeeds, [...]
   
   e) If the theft fails, then one of the two following events occurs
   (with equal probability): Either the player is Caught Stealing, or
   another random item of the same type is stolen by mistake(and
   transferred to the player as in d) above). Item types, for this
   purpose, consist of Trinkets, Gadgets, and Prosthetic Foreheads.

Note that section e) does not limit its effect to items in any particular
part of the Museum; simply "another item of the same type" is stolen.
Implied here is either "another item in the Museum" or "another item which
could have been a target of this card".  In either case, Private Collection
items are considered in the random determination.

Rule 850, Museum, states only:

   IX. Museum Security
   
   Entities may not be removed or stolen from the Museum except as
   described by the rules. Any person caught stealing from the Museum, as
   described in the rules, shall go to Gaol with a sentence of 7 days per
   object pilfered, in addition to any other penalties described in the
   rules. If the Museum loses an entity displayed there, and the rules do
   not describe how that entity is manipulated thereby, that entity is
   transfered to the Treasury, and it ceases to be on display in the
   museum.
   
   The security in the Private Collection Room is much greater than that
   in the rest of the museum so as to encourage players to allow their
   more valuable objects to be put on display. For this reason it is
   impossible to steal anything from the Private Collection Room and any
   attempt to use an Otzma Card of type Art Thief to steal an object
   there automatically fails. However, the card is still used and the
   player is deemed to have been caught stealing. This paragraph of this
   rule takes precedence over rule 1240.15
   
Note that this does not prohibit the use of Art Thief cards on Private
Collection items, merely that (a) it is impossible to steal anything
from the Private Collection room, so if the Art Thief card attempted to
allow the player to steal a Private Collection item (which *is* one of
the possible results), this rule would take precedence and deny the
attempt, and the player would not actually steal anything, and (b),
any attempt to use an Art Thief card to steal a Private Collection item
automatically fails, so if A Mean Hat had named a Private Collection
item initially, the first random determination would be skipped and the
attempt would automatically fail, regardless of the value of the item,
which is the result that happened anyway, since he picked an item of
such high value that the attempt to steal it automatically failed.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:45:30 -0500 (EST)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Otzma Card Stuff

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
>The issue of whether the various Otzma Cards played after the Art Thief
>card were wasted or not is interesting.  JT seems to think they were all
>wasted but I don't see this in the rules.  All I see is this from Rule
>1240.7 (Share your income):
>
>   An Otzma Card of this type can only be played in the public forum.
>   When a player plays this a Card of this type e also names another
>   player, and a sum of money which is at most half of a sum the named
>   player received in the preceding three days. The Named player
>   transfers that same amount to the player who played the Card.
>
>And this from Rule 1240.1, section V:
>   1. Otzma Cards may only be used according to the rules.
>
>And this from Rule 1240.2 (Go Fish):
>   2. An Otzma Card of type 'Go Fish' can be used in the following ways:
>   
>   a. In a public forum it can be used to Counter any other Otzma Card,
>   in accordance with the rules. The player who plays the Go Fish Card
>   plays the Card by announcing that e is playing it, and which Card it
>   is being used on. The announcement must non-ambiguous.
>   
>   b. When used on proposals. A player can use a Go Fish card on a
>   proposal by sending a message to that effect to the tabulator.
>   [...]
>   
>   c. A Go Fish Card can be used over another Go Fish Card only if the Go
>   Fish Card it is used on has not been used on a Go Fish Card.
>
>We know if a player attempts an action which violates the rules, the
>attempt fails.  In R1240.7, the text beginning "When a player plays"
>may be interpreted either as a requirement for playing the card or as
>an additional requirement the player incurs upon playing the card.
>If it is an additional requirement for playing the card, then those
>attempts failed.  If it is an additional requirement the player occurs,
>then doing so improperly is a violation of the rules, but the card is
>played; the rules would negate the attempt to specify the amount of money,
>and the next sentence in the rule, which attempts to transfer the money,
>fails because the amount has not been specified.

Thanks for the very clear statement Joe.  I have been interpreting it (and
it's been interpreted in the past) (see my use of an OC Map Shard on
Alfvaen when I thought he was a treasure custodian but wasn't, and Joe
Java's attempt to go to a moon where he failed to specify where he was
going) as an additional requirement that the player incurs.   I think this
is the crux of the misunderstanding.

>This is pretty much irrelevant, though, because JT's original Art Thief
>determination was correct.  Items in the private collection room are
>among the "other items" of the same type which may be stolen, though it
>is impossible to actually steal one, and if one of these is chosen, the
>player steals nothing.

[reasoning deleted]

>Collection items, merely that (a) it is impossible to steal anything
>from the Private Collection room, so if the Art Thief card attempted to
>allow the player to steal a Private Collection item (which *is* one of
>the possible results), this rule would take precedence and deny the
>attempt, and the player would not actually steal anything, and (b),
>any attempt to use an Art Thief card to steal a Private Collection item
>automatically fails, so if A Mean Hat had named a Private Collection
>item initially, the first random determination would be skipped and the
>attempt would automatically fail, regardless of the value of the item,
>which is the result that happened anyway, since he picked an item of
>such high value that the attempt to steal it automatically failed.

This pretty much parallels the reasoning I gave in the CFJ which I filed.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:07:03 -0500 (EST)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A frivolous thing

I donate the trinket Blarney Stone (A$77, antiquity) to the museum

Because I am stoned, I must do the following:

"it's not easy facing up when your whole world is black." [Paint it Black,
Rolling Stones]

"She looks so simple in her way
Does the same thing everyday" [Complicated, the Rolling Stones]

"Come on, phone sounds like thunder
Some stupid guy try'n to reach another number." [Come On, the Rolling Stones]

"Find some looser, find some jerk,
find some dumb ass, do it all for free." [Dirty Work, the Rolling Stones]

"I come to you, so silent in the night
So stealthy, so animal quiet" ["Emotional Rescue", the Rolling Stones]

"None to hurry, none to hold, heather hill and hushed fold;
Nature like a picture book, laughing leaf and bright brook;" [Rhymes of a
Rolling Stone, Robert William Service]

"You acted much too calm
You turned on all your charm
You had a cold look in your eyes" [Almost Hear You Sigh, the Rolling Stones]

"Come on and let the good times roll
We're gonna stay here to soothe our souls" [Good Times, the Rolling Stones]

"There's comfort and rest, and the warmth of your breast,
And little ones climbing my knee." [Rhymes of a Rolling Stone, Robert
William Service]

"Oh my let's spend the night together
I'll satisfy your ev'ry need" [Let's Spend the Night Together, the Rolling
Stones]

"Such a pretty, pretty, pretty girl
Come on baby please, please, please" [Beast of Burden, the Rolling Stones]

"But don't you remember
Those days of cold delight
When we knew that together
We could make it all right" [Heart of Stone, Fleetwood Mac]

"harsh stone white eyes behold bruise baths soak crying bones every days
appeal to stop spirit calm on valium hate permeates and fills the air"
[Harsh Stone White, Skinny Puppy]

"I handed it to him with an expression of agonised entreaty." [The
Moonstone, Wilkie Collins]

"She turned green and tried to make me cry," [Coming Down Again, the
Rolling Stones]

"The scream of the ambulance is sounding in my ears
Tell me, Sister Morphine, how long have I been lying here" [Sister
Morphine, the Rolling Stones]

"Flocks of parrots and great macaws screeching and flying about added to
the novelty of the scene." [Tracks of a Rolling Stone, Henry J Coke]

"I know -- but don't squeal,
 Buck up, do your damnedest, and fight." [Rhymes of a Rolling Stone, Robert
William Service]

- --A Mean Hat.
Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master -- Art Thief -- Warrior Caste -- Crazy
French Scotsman -- Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:20:47 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3694

#retract 3694
#end

> Proposal 3694
> Characteristic Elements of Polyhedrality

Some errors were pointed out to me:

> Water represents the oceans, rivers, rain, and floods.  Water is represented
> symbolically by the Dodecahedron.  Water is opposed to Fire, but joins with
> Earth in the form of ice, and Air in the form of clouds.  Whenever a team
> successfully rafts down the Ackanomian River, the Water Skill of each
> member of the team increases one point.

Rafting is gone.

> Earth represents stone, solidity, the land animals, and man.  Earth is
> represented symbolically by the Cube.  Earth is opposed to Air, but joins
> with Fire in the form of coal and with Water in the form of mud.  Whenever
> a player becomes Stoned, eir Earth Skill increases by one.  Whenever a
> player goes On Ice involuntarily, eir Water Skill decreases by one point
> if it is not already zero.

This sentence should refer to Earth skill not Water.

As a result, I am retracting this proposal, Proposal 3694.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:11:52 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  Acka: Woof!

Memo to myself:  do the dumb things I gotta do.  Touch the puppet head.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:47:55 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3664 accepted

> You idiots...

> >>Proposal 3664
> >>DNPC
> >>Alfvaen
> >>Amend Rule 540.2, "Basic Player Characteristics", ...
> >>when
> >>the scores are rerolled the Player shall pay the Basic Harfer Fee.
> >>MOMBIE

> What is the Basic Harfer Fee?

I create a trinket called "the Basic Harfer Fee", value A$1, with the
description "It looks very much like the Standard Harfer Fee, although
there may be some controversy as to whether or not it is the same.
If it is, it looks just like A$25 as well."

I donate this trinket to the Twits.

CSRR?

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Song--The Tragically Hip:Gift Shop
Current Book--Juanita Coulson:Legacy of Earth
Every colour that's not black is a shade of off-white.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #375
*******************************