Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #369
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Thursday, October 22 1998      Volume 03 : Number 369

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:30:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Chess: Robin Hood in CHECK (fwd)

Robin Hood failed to submit a legal move in time.
E therefore surrenders by Default.
Slakko receives 1 Stabber's Knife, for having Checked Robin Hood when e
surrendered.

It is now Niccolo Flychuck's turn.

Current gamestate:

   | a| b| c| d| e| f| g| h| i| j| k| l| m| n| o| p| q| r| s| t|
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
20 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
19 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
18 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |TM|  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
17 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |TM|  |  |  |TK|  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
16 |  |  |  |S%|  |SR|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |TC|  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
15 |  |  |  |  |S%|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |T+|  |  |TA|  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
14 |  |SP|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |TP|  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
13 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
12 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |S%|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
11 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |SK|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
10 |GR|GB|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |TB|  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
 9 |  |GK|  |  |  |  |VP|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |SZ|  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
 8 |  |  |  |  |  |  |V%|VP|  |  |  |  |  |TR|  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
 7 |  |  |  |  |  |  |VP|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |RR|
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
 6 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
 5 |  |  |  |VP|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
 4 |  |VP|V%|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |VB|  |  |  |  |RC|RR|R%|
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
 3 |  |  |  |VK|VP|  |  |  |  |JK|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
 2 |  |  |  |  |  |VP|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |RA|  |  |  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
 1 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |JE|JO|  |  |  |  |  |  |RG|  |RK|  |
   +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
   | a| b| c| d| e| f| g| h| i| j| k| l| m| n| o| p| q| r| s| t|

Swinger       Type              Wt.  On-Board   Off-Board
Niccolo F  Tarzan's Tree Hs[T] 117   KABCMMPR+  BJOZZ%+
WARM       P - HARF [H]          0              KABPPPRRR%
Studge     P - GOP [G]          44   KBR        BDDR
/dev/joe   P - Vulcan[V]        97   K(7P)B%%   DMOQRR%
Slakko     P - SPAM [S]         96   KPRZ%%%    ACJMOP*
JT         P - Boomerangs[R]   106.5 KACGRR%    GJMPPQ
Minuteman  Jungle VIPs [J]      26   KEO        COPPP
Rex Mundi  P - Klingon[K]        0              K+CDHOQRR!%
Alfvaen    P - Metamorph[M]      0              KACGMP%%%%
Robin Hood P - AVPP [A]          0              KABEGHLMOQRZ%%+&

Next Turn: Due 3 days after this message
Current Player: Niccolo Flychuck

- -- 
Duncan C. Richer aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother | Queens' College
http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/    Ackanomic     | U. of Cambridge
Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator  | 2nd Year PhD(PMa)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:06:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Wackiness

  I was sitting in the Monolith the other day, thinking to myself,
"Perhaps it shouldn't cost so much to add to this thing, and perhaps the
rewards should be greater..." when I fell into a deep sleep.  When I
awoke, I found before me a curious device, covered with lights and
switches.  Used to this sort of thing by now, I tossed it in a corner,
on top of some odd matchbox, several interesting trinkets, a strange
Whamiol-shaped device, and other assorted items, and forgot about it.

  Several days later, I had a most curious dream.  I was standing in
front of the device, and from it issues a penetrating hum.  Then the
outlines became blurry and indistinct, and the device vanished!  I
immediately felt a great sense of loss, and cried out to the heavens,
"How, oh how may I retrieve this wondrous device?"  As if in reply, the
device reappeared before me, and words were spoken directly to my mind.
This is what I heard, obscured somewhat to protect the unwary:

IF AND ONLY IF TODAY ** *** *********** ** ** ***** *** ****** ******
****** ********* *********, THEN The Machine That Goes *Ping* SHALL GO
*Ping*.

With that, I awoke, shrugged, and went about my business, never giving
the device a second thought.

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:36:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *Ping*

I think I may have made a grievous error when interpreting the Truth of
the message that the Machine gave me.  I would really like a second
opinion on this, but I'm not sure how to go about getting one.  Is there
anyone who is certain that they will make no attempts to guess the
Truth, could care less about the Truth, etc, who can give me such an
opinion?  Obviously, someone could volunteer, wait until I've asked, and
then make a guess, but that would be grossly unfair, and I hope no-one
would do that.  If you would like to be that person, just reply to this
message.

Thanks, and mucho apologies,

Fortunato

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:33:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Poet Laureate elections

The nomination period for Poet Laureate has ended.

Nominees:
JT
A Mean Hat
risE
The Green Ripper
Leather Artifact

Reply to this message to cast a vote for one of the (many) nominees.

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 13:27:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Poet Laureate elections

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, AARON KEESLER wrote:

> The nomination period for Poet Laureate has ended.
> 
> Nominees:
> JT
> A Mean Hat
> risE
> The Green Ripper
> Leather Artifact
> 

Before I can vote in this most important of elections, I must request, no,
*demand* that each of the nominees present us with some (original) poetry.

Vynd

[email-masked]

> Reply to this message to cast a vote for one of the (many) nominees.
> 
> ------------------
> Aaron Keesler
> Lotus Notes Administrator
> Intranet Administrator
> Adtran, Inc.
> ------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 13:33:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Head Apollo" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: trinket

I create a trinket worth A$23 named "Death Star" with the following CHEESE
delimited text:

CHEESE
Looks like a small moon from this distance.
CHEESE

risE

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:41:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: rules page

The rules page is up at 

http://www.ackanomic.org/rules/

Enjoy.

- --A Mean Hat.
  Daring Adventurer -- Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French
Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:47:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: "404 Not Found" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Puppet Head

 Memo to myself: Do the dumb things I gotta do. Touch the puppet head.

404 Not Found

- ---
Imperial Emporer and Moderator of the Fantasy Wargame Design Project
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/1047/fw_index.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:01:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: I was bored today

Rambo R Minuteman submitted a prop today which would do a LOT of rule
deletions if it was accepted.  So, being the curious soul (and as I said,
bored) I took the current rule set and applied those changes to it.
Needless to say this doesn't take in any of the current proposals in the
voting queue, but still provides a fair representation of what would get
repealed.

For anyone interested, it's at http://brain.mics.net/~jt/allrules.htm

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:39:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal Web page

A web page is up at

http://www.ackanomic.org/~ackabot/props.html

with the new proposals on it since I took over. 
(I don't yet have a 'current props' page separate from this.)

The bot will maintain these automagically, at least, until somebody
finds a way to break it. :-)

If you haven't voted yet, please do so; the first new props' voting
periods expire tomorrow night.

/dev/joe
Promoter
Tabulator

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #369
*******************************