Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #360
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Thursday, October 15 1998      Volume 03 : Number 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:35:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Players becoming Non-Players

Horny Protoceratops, having been On-Ice for 90 days, is now a Non-Player.

Financier, please inform me of any trinkets destroyed as this occurs.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:35:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: AWOL (breadbox)

Breadbox has not responded to the AWOL message and is hereby placed on
vacation with an expected duration of 3 days.

He will go On-Ice on the 1st of November.

- --JT, Registrar

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:35:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Testing...

Testing...

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:38:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Testing

/dev/joe said this is back up.  Just a test message to verify.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:40:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Tabulator

(I originally sent this to the backup list... but I think I sent it
wrong.  Don't get upset if you see it twice).

Since I'm not sure even if what I am doing is legal, I thought I would
throw this out for everyone...

Right now, I am going on the interpretation that I, as Tabulator,
received these proposals all at the same time.  Thus, I plan on having a
7-day voting period (which expires on Monday, incidentally).

Is this a reasonable interpretation?  More importantly, is this a legal
interpretation?  Can anyone see a 3-day period as more/less correct than
a 7-day one?

Also, did any proposals *after* 3637 get sent to nomicbot?  If so, you
might as well re-send them to me.  I'd like to have as little as
possible get lost in the interim.

Ideas?

Fortunato

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:48:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Tabulator

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, AARON KEESLER wrote:
>Also, did any proposals *after* 3637 get sent to nomicbot?  If so, you
>might as well re-send them to me.  I'd like to have as little as
>possible get lost in the interim.

Actually, people should probably wait and resend them to the new promoter
whom I will choose after the nomination period ends (is slightly under 12
hours).   Since those proposals were never distributed, their voting 
period hasn't yet begun and thus they are less problematic.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:53:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: treasure

I create a trinket called "clocks that bicker in marble ships" with the
description "the second dark time, this one spring day" worth A$5

I bury it as a treasure with the following map:

This treasure cannot be found by AJ or Studge
The first player to publicly post the author of the following quote, to my
satisfaction, will find the treasure.  The wrong answer disqualifies you.
This map may be changed at any time by the player able to take the name
Weishaupt.

"Lazy early Rosie with the flaxen thatch"
- --A Mean Hat.
  Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:09:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Tabulator

Ack.  Good point, I stand corrected.

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	JT [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent:	Thursday, October 15, 1998 1:48 PM
>To:	[email-masked]'
>Subject:	Re: Acka: Tabulator
>
>Actually, people should probably wait and resend them to the new promoter
>whom I will choose after the nomination period ends (is slightly under 12
>hours).   Since those proposals were never distributed, their voting 
>period hasn't yet begun and thus they are less problematic.
>
>--JT
>
>[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
>[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
>[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
>[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:10:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Bryan Federico" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Spell Book of Chorg

I read the next page from my Spell Book of Chorg page 2
When I finish reading it explodes with a small pffft into a large green 
goat shaped cloud

Altra the FireCat
(:|Worker|General Contractor|Daring Adventurer|:)

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #360
*******************************