Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #358
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Tuesday, October 13 1998       Volume 03 : Number 358

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 02:00:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Nominations (Promoter, Tabulator, Rule-Harfer)

As of now, 3 of the 4 senators have supported the impeachment of breadbox
from the three Functional Offices of Tabulator, Promoter and Rule-Harfer.

These offices are now vacant, which means that I now fill Promotor and
Rule-Harfer in an acting capacity and Fortunato (as Count Tabula) now
fills Tabulator in an acting capacity.   I would ask that people wait
until after the nomination and appointment (an additional 3 days at worst)
before submitting any new proposals, so that there is no issue about
submitting them to multiple people or wires getting crossed.

I would ask the Acting Tabulator to see what he can do about resolving the
vote status on the proposals which have been distributed but for which
votes have not yet been tabulated and reported in whatever manner he deems
most efficient.

I am hereby opening nominations for the office of Tabulator.

I am hereby opening nominations for the office of Promoter.

I am hereby opening nominations for the office of Rule-Harfer.

Please reply to me in order to nominate for any of these offices, and
please specify clearly which office(s) you are nominating for.

Thanks.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:47:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 669 (FALSE)

Fortunato has judged this one FALSE.

Call for Judgement 669 - September 27, 1998
Subject: Characteristic Definition
Initiator: Weishaupt (sent 27 Sep 1998, 03:11 Acka)
Judge: Fortunato (selected 27 Sep 1998, 05:50 Acka)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:

Sanity is a characteristic

Initiator's Reasoning:

I think that this should be ruled false, as sanity doesn't define itself
as
a characteristic

Judge's Reasoning:

The only place in the Rules I could find a reference to Sanity is in the
Ackanomicon Rules, where it states:
"Terrorizing pages (3 pages): These pages inspire indescribable terror
in all who read them, causing a loss of 15 points and 3 Sanity Points."
Since all other Characteristics are defined as such, I do not believe
that Sanity is a Characteristic.

- -- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:48:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 667 (AJ)

Robin Hood has gone deadbeat.  AJ has been selected.

Call for Judgement 667 - September 24, 1998
Subject: Another weird rule-harfing question
Initiator: breadbox (sent 24 Sep 1998, 03:52 Acka)
1st Judge: Robin Hood (chosen 24 Sep 1998, 03:56 Acka) (deadbeat)
2nd Judge: AJ
Judgement:

Statement:

Proposal 3601 amended Rule 594.4 ("Blueprint: Vending Machine").

Reasoning:

The amendment in question from Proposal 3601 stated:

3. Amend Rule 594.4, "Blueprint: Vending Machine" by inserting after
the second paragraph the paragraph from Rule 594.11, "Blueprint: Bonus
Vote Add-On" which begins "While an unbroken Bonus Vote Add-On is
strapped" and delete that paragraph from Rule 594.11.

However, at this point in time, there was no Rule 594.11, nor was
there any other rule with the title "Blueprint: Bonus Vote Add-On" -
because Proposal 3601 had repealed such a rule several infinitesimal
moments beforehand.

Now, had the text instead been: "... the paragraph from what had been
Rule 594.11 immediately before the adoption of this proposal ...",
this would have worked.

Alternately, had Proposal 3601 created a new Rule 594.11 inbetween the
repeal of the original and the above quoted text, then that new rule
would have unambiguously been the source.

I think that this CFJ should be False, but I would like to get a
second opinion, so to speak.

- -- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:48:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 673 (K 2)

K 2 has been selected.

Call for Judgement 673 - October 1, 1998
Subject: Treasure Directions Timing
Initiator: JT (sent 1 Oct 1998, 01:54 Acka)
Judge: K 2
Judgement:

Statement:
JT has found treasure 170.

Reasoning:
While I realize that CFJ's are not usually the proper place to adjudicate
treasure maps, I (and two-star) were discussing this one last night on IRC
and he actually suggested that a CFJ might be warranted here.

According to the Treasure page (and two-star himself) the map to the
treasure is exactly as worded on the Treasure page (with no more or less
added to it).

That map reads:
>The Silver Shovel shall be found by the first player who has signed the
>Silver Shovel Contract to find a treasure buried by a custodian or writer
>of this map.

The question is one of ordering.
If the phrasing of the map correctly orders the two events of signing the
contract before finding the treasure then this CFJ should be ruled FALSE.

However, when I first read this map, I read it as
The first player who finds a treasure buried by the custodian of this map
who has also signed the Silver Shovel contract.  IE, that the contract
must be signed before this treasure could be found, but not necessarily
before the other treasure mentioned in the map.  In this case, or if this
is a valid and reasonable reading, then this CFJ should be judged TRUE.

- -- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:49:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 674 (Altra the Firecat)

Call for Judgement 674 - October 2, 1998
Subject: Mungibility of Rule Numbers
Initiator: saaremaa (sent Oct 2 1998, 10:20 Acka)
Judge: Altra the Firecat
Judgement:

Statement:

Proposal 3621 was not null.

Initiator's reasoning:

It is obvious which rule is being referred to by the proposal.
Moreover, rule 340 explicitly handles this case:

> Numbers shall be considered misspelled words for the purposes
> of the rules when it can be determined beyond *reasonable
> doubt* [my emphasis] that a particular number is in error,
> and what the intended number is. The intended number is considered
> the correct spelling in this case.

This is not "game custom", but explicitly handled by rule 340.

My question is this:  Can the judge determine this with "reasonable
doubt", and then determine what number the author "intended"?  That is
what rule 340, section II, says.  We allowed to guess on these matters,
provided the doubt is reasonable.  C'mon people, "reasonable" doubt.
Acka is *not* a formal system nor a C++ compiler; judgement is allowed.
If we are saying the doubt here is 'unreasonable', what is the support
for that position?

- -- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 07:16:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 659

CFJ 659 (the appeal of the Homeric literature translation one),
has been in under appeal for over 30 days.

saaremaa

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:12:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Plynk

I go to the library and hence to *that* room.

K 2

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:43:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 667 (AJ)

AJ is on vacation and is therefore CFJ-ineligible

At 06:48 AM 10/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Robin Hood has gone deadbeat.  AJ has been selected.
>
>Call for Judgement 667 - September 24, 1998
>Subject: Another weird rule-harfing question
>Initiator: breadbox (sent 24 Sep 1998, 03:52 Acka)
>1st Judge: Robin Hood (chosen 24 Sep 1998, 03:56 Acka) (deadbeat)
>2nd Judge: AJ
>Judgement:

- --A Mean Hat.
  Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:03:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 667 (AJ)

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> AJ is on vacation and is therefore CFJ-ineligible

This is the problem with doing the random determination at home, when your
link has not yet been put in place, and hence you are unaware of the last
20 hours worth of stuff when you have the CFJ list handy and the list of
CFJs to be dealt with, and you are sick and tired of the delays in the 
Centrex line but fortunately you have heard that it is up and running so
all you have to do is go home and set it up but you really should stay in 
at the Department for a while longer even though you seem to be too busy
with your two Society treasurerships and one Secretaryship to actually do
any research today except for that nice little bit involving higher
parameters of q when dealing with a particular colouring of the complete
graph K_4 and I'm sorry I'm rambling but I was just trying to get an
interesting run-on sentence going.

I pointedly do not pay A$1 to the Twits - at the time I determined AJ to
judge this, I did not know e was on vacation.

> At 06:48 AM 10/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >Robin Hood has gone deadbeat.  AJ has been selected.
> >
> >Call for Judgement 667 - September 24, 1998
> >Subject: Another weird rule-harfing question
> >Initiator: breadbox (sent 24 Sep 1998, 03:52 Acka)
> >1st Judge: Robin Hood (chosen 24 Sep 1998, 03:56 Acka) (deadbeat)
> >2nd Judge: AJ
> >Judgement:

- -- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:19:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Tabulator Stuff (First Pass)

The only proposals I could find for which results have not been released
are the following:

3625 - Funnel Clouds Wait For No Man (9/26/98 23:25:23) - Alfvaen
3626 - Reorg VI (9/26/98 23:26:19) - saaremaa
3627 - Pragmatic Precedence (9/28/98 10:24:02) - saaremaa
3628 - Bow To Their Might (9/28/98 10:25:27) - A Mean Hat
3629 - Governments Changes (9/28/98 10:27:06) - A Mean Hat
3630 - Puzzle Pieces Ahoy! (9/28/98 10:28:07) - Slakko
3631 - Frog, Frog, Frog, Mouse (10/2/98 8:14:19) - /dev/joe
3632 - Caste Fix (10/2/98 8:17:24) - JT
3633 - The Sleep of the Just (10/2/98 8:18:06) - Slakko
3634 - Another Rule That Annoys Me (10/2/98 8:19:06) - Rambo R Minuteman
3635 - It Isn't You Know (10/2/98 8:20:04) - Rambo R Minuteman
3636 - Resolving Conflicts (10/2/98 8:21:25) - K 2
3637 - Resolving Conflicts (10/2/98 8:22:21) - K 2 (Similiar to 3636?)

Unfortunately, the voting periods have expired for all of these
proposals, and I can see no way to get the results with breadbox out of
the picture.

Is there a way the Rules can be mangled to assume that, as Tabulator, I
just received all of these proposals, and have the voting period start
now?  If not, then the only thing I can see is that every voting player
received a Puppet Head on 10/3/98, and still has one.

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:22:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Tabulator Stuff (First Pass)

> The only proposals I could find for which results have not been released
> are the following:
[3625-3637]

> Is there a way the Rules can be mangled to assume that, as Tabulator, I
> just received all of these proposals, and have the voting period start
> now?  If not, then the only thing I can see is that every voting player
> received a Puppet Head on 10/3/98, and still has one.

Actually, one possible course of action is to request that players send you
the votes they cast, and when you have something that looks reasonably
complete, release a set of results.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:22:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Tabulator Stuff (First Pass)

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, AARON KEESLER wrote:

> The only proposals I could find for which results have not been released
> are the following:
> 
> 3625 - Funnel Clouds Wait For No Man (9/26/98 23:25:23) - Alfvaen
> 3626 - Reorg VI (9/26/98 23:26:19) - saaremaa
> 3627 - Pragmatic Precedence (9/28/98 10:24:02) - saaremaa
> 3628 - Bow To Their Might (9/28/98 10:25:27) - A Mean Hat
> 3629 - Governments Changes (9/28/98 10:27:06) - A Mean Hat
> 3630 - Puzzle Pieces Ahoy! (9/28/98 10:28:07) - Slakko
> 3631 - Frog, Frog, Frog, Mouse (10/2/98 8:14:19) - /dev/joe
> 3632 - Caste Fix (10/2/98 8:17:24) - JT
> 3633 - The Sleep of the Just (10/2/98 8:18:06) - Slakko
> 3634 - Another Rule That Annoys Me (10/2/98 8:19:06) - Rambo R Minuteman
> 3635 - It Isn't You Know (10/2/98 8:20:04) - Rambo R Minuteman
> 3636 - Resolving Conflicts (10/2/98 8:21:25) - K 2
> 3637 - Resolving Conflicts (10/2/98 8:22:21) - K 2 (Similiar to 3636?)
> 
> Unfortunately, the voting periods have expired for all of these
> proposals, and I can see no way to get the results with breadbox out of
> the picture.
> 
> Is there a way the Rules can be mangled to assume that, as Tabulator, I
> just received all of these proposals, and have the voting period start
> now?  If not, then the only thing I can see is that every voting player
> received a Puppet Head on 10/3/98, and still has one.

Doesn't the handing out of puppet heads only occur when the voting results
are publicly released?

- -- 
Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer - http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/
Queens' College Cambridge, 2nd Year Ph.D. (Pure Maths) - Graph Theory
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:27:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Tabulator Stuff (First Pass)

AARON KEESLER wrote:

> 3636 - Resolving Conflicts (10/2/98 8:21:25) - K 2

All players voted NO on this one (the DoppelSlakko rule mandates this).
Tammany votes in a hearing - I think there are still some snowgod hearings
going - random determination? Unfortunately I used my guardian angel 3hr too
late so this prop was not guarded - this prop failed regardless - pending
the usage of bonus votes; I could have found the Mu-Cow :)

K 2

> 3637 - Resolving Conflicts (10/2/98 8:22:21) - K 2 (Similiar to 3636?)

declared invalid according to the similar prop rule.

> Unfortunately, the voting periods have expired for all of these
> proposals, and I can see no way to get the results with breadbox out of
> the picture.
>
> Is there a way the Rules can be mangled to assume that, as Tabulator, I
> just received all of these proposals, and have the voting period start
> now?  If not, then the only thing I can see is that every voting player
> received a Puppet Head on 10/3/98, and still has one.

Crisis resolution document?

>
>
> ------------------
> Aaron Keesler
> Lotus Notes Administrator
> Intranet Administrator
> Adtran, Inc.
> ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:35:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposals 3625 - 3637

I am declaring a de facto voting period on Proposals 3625 - 3637.  If I
find out that I can't do that, we'll work it out from there, but it
seems a good enough solution for now.  The proposals can still be found
at http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/acka/props/current.html. If
anyone needs me to send them a list of the props directly, let me know
and I will do so.  I'm keeping things on the main list because I want to
make sure that everyone sees it as soon as possible.  Please reply to
this message with your votes.

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:04:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Tabulator Stuff (First Pass)

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
>> Is there a way the Rules can be mangled to assume that, as Tabulator, I
>> just received all of these proposals, and have the voting period start
>> now?  If not, then the only thing I can see is that every voting player
>> received a Puppet Head on 10/3/98, and still has one.
>
>Actually, one possible course of action is to request that players send you
>the votes they cast, and when you have something that looks reasonably
>complete, release a set of results.

I would suggest this as a course of action as well.   While the game could
be munged (either by CSR or by State of Crisis Resolution), I don't think
it is that bad and that it can be resolved as /dev/joe stated above.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:06:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Tabulator Stuff (First Pass)

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, K 2 wrote:
>AARON KEESLER wrote:
>
>> 3636 - Resolving Conflicts (10/2/98 8:21:25) - K 2
>
>All players voted NO on this one (the DoppelSlakko rule mandates this).
>Tammany votes in a hearing - I think there are still some snowgod hearings
>going - random determination? Unfortunately I used my guardian angel 3hr too
>late so this prop was not guarded - this prop failed regardless - pending
>the usage of bonus votes; I could have found the Mu-Cow :)

It would in fact need to be a random determination, and unless someone did
in fact use a BV, I congratulate K 2 on finding that annoying treasure :)
Could anyone tell me exactly what hearings are still going on?

>> Unfortunately, the voting periods have expired for all of these
>> proposals, and I can see no way to get the results with breadbox out of
>> the picture.
>>
>> Is there a way the Rules can be mangled to assume that, as Tabulator, I
>> just received all of these proposals, and have the voting period start
>> now?  If not, then the only thing I can see is that every voting player
>> received a Puppet Head on 10/3/98, and still has one.
>
>Crisis resolution document?

I don't believe that's required here.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:14:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: I'm back (well, now really!)

I am writing this to the list from my own computer, here at Maids
Causeway.  My phone line is up, and everything is hunky dory.  So expect
to see the web pages updated Real Soon Now! (tm)

- -- 
Duncan C. Richer aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother | Queens' College
http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/    Ackanomic     | U. of Cambridge
Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator  | 2nd Year PhD(PMa)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:58:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Ackanomicon Determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: JT <[email-masked]>
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Player: K 2
# Ackanomicon Determination
# based on the following (using a 49 sided die)
#  1 - 15 Arcane Trivia
# 16 - 20 Vile Prophecies
# 21 - 25 Inner Workings
# 26 - 30 Arcane Lore
# 31 - 33 Terrorizing Pages
# 34 - 34 Ancient Artifact
# 35 - 36 Mutation
# 37 - 38 Dark Domain
# 39 - 40 Long Lost Treasure
# 41 - 41 Forbidden Fruit
# 42 - 42 Catastrophe
# 43 - 46 Not so Forbidden Fruit
# 47 - 47 Ancient One
# 48 - 49 Judgement Day

No. of sides on every die:     49
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

     49

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/

=================================================
             ** NewHoo Web Directory **
    An army of editors surfing the web for you!
               http://www.NewHoo.com/
=================================================

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Tue Oct 13 09:58:29 1998
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id JAA18188 for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:58:29 -0700
> Received: from herne.dragoncat.net(207.54.31.1) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma018186; Tue Oct 13 09:58:27 1998
> Received: from localhost (jtraub@localhost)
>       by dragoncat.net (8.8.7/8.8.7) with SMTP id JAA30493
>       for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:58:31 -0700
> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:58:31 -0700 (PDT)
> From: JT <[email-masked]>
> To: Dice Server <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: Nomicon
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 49
> #D 1
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: Ackanomicon Determination
> 
> #C Player: K 2
> #C Ackanomicon Determination
> #C based on the following (using a 49 sided die)
> #C
> #C  1 - 15 Arcane Trivia
> #C 16 - 20 Vile Prophecies
> #C 21 - 25 Inner Workings
> #C 26 - 30 Arcane Lore
> #C 31 - 33 Terrorizing Pages
> #C 34 - 34 Ancient Artifact
> #C 35 - 36 Mutation
> #C 37 - 38 Dark Domain
> #C 39 - 40 Long Lost Treasure
> #C 41 - 41 Forbidden Fruit
> #C 42 - 42 Catastrophe
> #C 43 - 46 Not so Forbidden Fruit
> #C 47 - 47 Ancient One
> #C 48 - 49 Judgement Day
> 
> 
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> 

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBNiOGuT8NitsTFjcVAQGAxQQAq+ygLLjifzSKgyCD/flb1FWnkOGqy2EV
jcuiTyRR1Iu3cRpI7XzL/gYADWj8BdL7Bk0H3XkH5AX9jv0QtCqADClxO4VVKEAr
v9hTM7awqf1eRlahZSy6jRQ28XNk8WjoIH/9ulUaxp00SnTo1Ny52sv0Cljijwas
a82H89m4ubc=
=tzKG
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:51:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: results of JT's Medical Examination

JT has snowgod's disease

Yes, why just yesterday e posted a letter to eir aunt!

A Mean Hat.
K2
Rex Mundi
Rex Mundi's EBS
risE
risE's EBS
Studge

No, e, uh, meant to do that.

JT
JT's EBS #1
JT's EBS #2

- --A Mean Hat.
  Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:57:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Public Health Results

In the Public Health Emergency called on A Mean Hat. it was found 9 to 2
that "Yes, why just yesterday e posted a letter to eir aunt!"

Yes					No
JT + 2 EBS's			K 2
Wild Card + EBS		A Mean Hat.
Rex Mundi + EBS
risE + EBS

In the Public Health Emergency called on Studge it was found 7 to 3 that
"Yes, why just yesterday e posted a letter to eir aunt!"

Yes					No
Wild Card + EBS		JT + 2 EBS's
A Mean Hat.
Rex Mundi + EBS
risE + EBS

A Mean Hat. has snowgod's disease until the end of October, and eir
prescription is to praise Studge's glorious wisdom and powers of healing in
eir next four messages.

Studge also has snowgod's disease until the end of October, and eir
prescription is to magnanimously accept this praise.

Studge

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:32:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Tabulator Stuff (First Pass)

Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> Actually, one possible course of action is to request that players send you
> the votes they cast, and when you have something that looks reasonably
> complete, release a set of results.

The biggest problem with this is that I haven't a clue how I voted. I'm not
even sure I voted on all of them. And since I use (or used I supose) the voting
form I can't check my votes.

RMR.

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:53:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Duel Challenge!

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, JT wrote:
>Hear ye! Hear ye!
>As second to A Mean Hat, the leader of the JAM church, I convey to Robert
>Sevin the following words of challenge:
>
>"Robert Sevin!  Bring yourself to the field of Honour!
>
>For crimes, hideous crimes, crimes of an unforgivable nature, against our
>mighty state of Ackanomic I challenge you to a duel.
>
>In oh-so-vile prop 2116, you tried, with a "re-vamp", to bring religion to
>Acka, for your own selfish ends and with the intent of giving your own
>[equally vile] Religious Caste power over the rest of us.  Note that this
>"re-vamp" proposal was not an amendment, but rather created an entirely new
>rule, entitled AMUNG GODS!! (damning, isn't it?).  I challenge you!  For my
>honour as an Ackan, for my honour as a member of JAM, for my honour as an
>entity, I challenge you!  Bring yourself to the field of battle!"
>
>Please present your second to myself with your response.  
>
>--JT, Second.

This challenge has gone unanswered for 3 days.

A Mean Hat gains 6 points.
Robert Sevin loses 6 points.
A Mean Hat gains 1 Honour.
Robert Sevin Loses 1 Honour.

- --JT, herald.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:35:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe

As many of you will be aware, my most recent visit to the library to
read the Ackanomicon resulted not in the Vile Prophecies to which I have
grown accustomed but in a remarkable insight into the positioning of a
great treasure. What you won't realise is that as I was shovelling the
earth back into the hole I'd dug (the library's gardener would *not*
have been pleased if I'd just left it you see) I discovered a little
matchbox in the pile of dirt. I immediately recognised this and dusted
it off and then opened it.

"Phoebe!" I exclaimed, "I wasn't expecting to see you again so soon! One
thing's being puzzling me though, how come whenever I find you it seems
to be almost exactly an integral number of weeks since the last person
found you. Why is this?"

"I could tell you" she replied, "but then I'd have to kill you. There
are some things just not meant for human ears, Mr. Tambourine Man, or
even those things you've got" she continues staring at my three pointy
ears. "You are still called Mr. Tambourine Man aren't you?"

"Well, no actually. It's 'Rambo R Minuteman' now. I was thinking of
changing it again though."

"How was I meant to know that? I'd wait 'til your new name gets into the
rules otherwise no-one will remember you were ever called Rambo R
Minuteman."

"Sounds a good idea to me. Any idea what I should call myself next
though?"

"Not really. It's up to you what you call yourself. The name Phoebe took
me *years* to come up with." [and, yes, she did pronounce the asterisks]

"Oh."

"If you've any ideas though I could tell you what I think."

"Well, I was thinking possibly changing back to The Gingham Wearer..."

"Too boring"

"Or changing to the name Three Letter Acronym and signing my name
TLA..."

"Too cliched"

"Or maybe changing to Womble..."

"That's what you're called in Garden Nomic isn't it? Show some
originality!"

"Er, um, or maybe..."

I paused to try to think of some more names but when I turned round
again Phoebe was gone. Damn my carelessness!

Rambo R Minuteman.

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:45:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: results of JT's Medical Examination

I forgot my prescription!  My prescription is that JT should take two scams
and call me in the morning.  If he swells up to former emperor size, he
should rush right in to see me before it gets any worse.  Oh, and, mightily
wise studge, how i praise your powers of healing... If it were not for you,
this snowgod's disease would surely be uncurable!

At 02:51 PM 10/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>JT has snowgod's disease
>
>
>Yes, why just yesterday e posted a letter to eir aunt!
>
>A Mean Hat.
>K2
>Rex Mundi
>Rex Mundi's EBS
>risE
>risE's EBS
>Studge
>
>No, e, uh, meant to do that.
>
>JT
>JT's EBS #1
>JT's EBS #2
>
>--A Mean Hat.
>  Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French Scotsman - Really Weird
>  
> 
- --A Mean Hat.
  Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 23:45:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Auction Em Entities AKA RJftT

I am starting an auction on the prosthtic forehead which is in the
treasury which is described at the following llink:

http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~dcr24/Nomic/Acka/entity/proshead.html#BM028

Next, I purchase a forehead, colored red, white and blue, with yellow
stars and pink horseshoes. This forehead has a loadspeaker atached to
the top that constantly blares the Star Spangled Banner and other
marching tunes, with only short interuptions between songs for a public
service message. This public message says "Greetings Ackanomians! My
Name is Uncle Sam and I am running for President. Vote for me, or better
yet, vote for snowgod! He's good people." to Uncle Sam I transfer this
forehead.

minimum bid is A$0

K 2

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #358
*******************************