Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #357
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Monday, October 12 1998       Volume 03 : Number 357

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:07:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: AWOL

I have been informed that breadbox and Calvin N Hobbes have neither voted
nor sent a public message to the list in over 7 days.

I have sent them both a query as described in Rule 257.

In 3 days, both of these players will become Vacationing, and will go
On Ice 17 days after that (3 days vacation + 14 days EDR adjustment).

Pursuant to the fact that breadbox has been AWOL and that this is not the
first time that this has happened recently (even given good reason) I have
been asked (by more than one player), in my position of President, to
start Impeachment proceedings against breadbox for the following three
offices: Tabulator, Promoter, and Rule-Harfer.

The Senators (Slakko, /dev/joe, Studge, and Rex Mundi) have three days to
either support or reject these three Impeachments.   If 3 of the 4
senators support it, the Impeachment will occur.

Senators, please notify me of your opinions on the three above
Impeachments.

- --JT, Speaker and President.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:08:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL

>A Player has pointed out to me that you have gone AWOL.

I believe it should be common curtesy to actually have the player's listed.
Unless some greater purpose is being served by anonymity, of course. Right?
Right...

Calvin "Not awol, duh" Hobbes

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:13:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL

>I have been informed that breadbox and Calvin N Hobbes have neither voted
>nor sent a public message to the list in over 7 days.

Look at the power of the return message. Turn around in seconds... The crowd
is on its feet as the other player reaches, reaches, reaches... reaches...
and misses. What a return ladies and gentlemen, what a return!

CnH

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:17:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Thierry Joffrain wrote:
>>A Player has pointed out to me that you have gone AWOL.
>
>I believe it should be common curtesy to actually have the player's listed.
>Unless some greater purpose is being served by anonymity, of course. Right?
>Right...

No greater purpose or anything.   Saaremaa is the player who reported it
to me.  I basically have a form letter (which is what you quoted) that I
send out, and didn't realize that which player reported it was actually
relevant.

Glad to see you are still around.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:17:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Thierry Joffrain wrote:
>>I have been informed that breadbox and Calvin N Hobbes have neither voted
>>nor sent a public message to the list in over 7 days.
>
>Look at the power of the return message. Turn around in seconds... The crowd
>is on its feet as the other player reaches, reaches, reaches... reaches...
>and misses. What a return ladies and gentlemen, what a return!

Heh :)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:24:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL (breadbox, CnH)

>>A Player has pointed out to me that you have gone AWOL.

Might I humbly suggest putting a player's name in the subject line? I read
all my mail (of course!), but other less fortunate souls might not. I think
such a critical message may deserve more... humph.

Praying for breadbox,
CnH

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:29:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL (breadbox, CnH)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Thierry Joffrain wrote:
>>>A Player has pointed out to me that you have gone AWOL.
>
>Might I humbly suggest putting a player's name in the subject line? I read
>all my mail (of course!), but other less fortunate souls might not. I think
>such a critical message may deserve more... humph.

You are correct, and I will do so in the future, and will in fact
re-forward breadbox's to him with his name in the subject line.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:29:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL

> Pursuant to the fact that breadbox has been AWOL and that this is not the
> first time that this has happened recently (even given good reason) I have
> been asked (by more than one player), in my position of President, to
> start Impeachment proceedings against breadbox for the following three
> offices: Tabulator, Promoter, and Rule-Harfer.
> 
> The Senators (Slakko, /dev/joe, Studge, and Rex Mundi) have three days to
> either support or reject these three Impeachments.   If 3 of the 4
> senators support it, the Impeachment will occur.

I support these impeachments.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:32:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL (breadbox, CnH)

> Might I humbly suggest putting a player's name in the subject line? I read
> all my mail (of course!), but other less fortunate souls might not. I think
> such a critical message may deserve more... humph.

> Praying for breadbox,

Just for the record, I (and at least JT), have already attempted to
contact breadbox outside Acka channels several times.  Last time he
was alright, we hope and assume he is this time too.

saaremaa

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:37:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL (breadbox, CnH)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Randy Hall wrote:
>> Might I humbly suggest putting a player's name in the subject line? I read
>> all my mail (of course!), but other less fortunate souls might not. I think
>> such a critical message may deserve more... humph.
>
>> Praying for breadbox,
>
>Just for the record, I (and at least JT), have already attempted to
>contact breadbox outside Acka channels several times.  Last time he
>was alright, we hope and assume he is this time too.

This is definately true.  I (living in Seattle as does breadbox) have (as
I did last time this occured) attempted to contact him by phone.  I left a
message on his voice mail along with my number and should he contact me, I
will certainly forward any info back to the list.   This was in addition
to email which I sent him privately.   I certainly hope he is well and
that this is just life being overly busy and not something more serious.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:41:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Bryan Federico" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: General Contractor

This is an official notification of the existans of the Genral 
Contractors WepPage it is located at 

http://members.aol.com/bryan24610/gencon.html

now that It exsists feel free to flood me with contracts I've only had 1 
so far

Altra the FireCat
(:|Worker|General Contractor|Daring Adventurer|:)

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:56:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Monday, the 12th day of October, and the Machine That Goes
*ping* Has Gone *ping* today. Since I have been scholar, the Machine has
gone *ping* 15 times.

- --JT, Scholar of Ping

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:29:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Blah

I have been without e-mail for about 4 days... and I had no idea that
was the case.  I apologize to everyone I sent mail to, asking what the
problem was.  Before I slog through all the mail, are there any pending
elections/hearings I'm supposed to be adjudicating?

Fortunato

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:01:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Potato (Altra)

Altra the FireCat has found the Potato this week.
AJ thus has the Tuba.

- --JT, OiCoRT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:24:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: vacation

This is not A Mean Hat.  This is his brother, the player AJ, sending a
message from A Mean Hat's computer.  My computer broke and it won't be
fixed for a while, so i have no email access.  I go on vacation with an
expected return date of 4 weeks from today.
- --A Mean Hat.
  Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:29:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL (breadbox)

JT wrote:
>Pursuant to the fact that breadbox has been AWOL and that this is not the
>first time that this has happened recently (even given good reason) I have
>been asked (by more than one player), in my position of President, to
>start Impeachment proceedings against breadbox for the following three
>offices: Tabulator, Promoter, and Rule-Harfer.
>
>The Senators (Slakko, /dev/joe, Studge, and Rex Mundi) have three days to
>either support or reject these three Impeachments.   If 3 of the 4
>senators support it, the Impeachment will occur.

I, regretfully, support it.

Studge

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:48:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL

>Pursuant to the fact that breadbox has been AWOL and that this is not the
>first time that this has happened recently (even given good reason) I have
>been asked (by more than one player), in my position of President, to
>start Impeachment proceedings against breadbox for the following three
>offices: Tabulator, Promoter, and Rule-Harfer.
>
>The Senators (Slakko, /dev/joe, Studge, and Rex Mundi) have three days to
>either support or reject these three Impeachments.   If 3 of the 4
>senators support it, the Impeachment will occur.
>
I support each of these impeachments.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:43:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL

What a neat little coup.  Kinda makes ya think.  JT, as speaker, is acting
officer for all offices like this until the election.  And e's the one who
initiates impeachments.  Sounds to me as if e could almost take over... or
maybe not...

- --A Mean Hat.
  Dungeon Master - Warrior Caste - Crazy French Scotsman - Really Weird

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:51:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL (breadbox)

If other's already have this, sorry for the duplication, but I've sent it
once and it hasn't shown up.

JT wrote:
>Pursuant to the fact that breadbox has been AWOL and that this is not the
>first time that this has happened recently (even given good reason) I have
>been asked (by more than one player), in my position of President, to
>start Impeachment proceedings against breadbox for the following three
>offices: Tabulator, Promoter, and Rule-Harfer.
>
>The Senators (Slakko, /dev/joe, Studge, and Rex Mundi) have three days to
>either support or reject these three Impeachments.   If 3 of the 4
>senators support it, the Impeachment will occur.

I, regretfully, support it.

Studge

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #357
*******************************