Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #312
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Friday, September 11 1998      Volume 03 : Number 312

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 00:19:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: They're tubers, aren't they?

Sit on a potato pan, Otis.
(Ummm... I don't know where my goat is?)

- - 867-5309
who reads the digest from time to time

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:12:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: stuff

At 09:57 PM 9/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> I bury Principia Discordia (A$100), Never Whistle While You're Pissing
>> (A$20) and Atlantean Statue (A$300) in the same hole as the Intiate of the
>> modified Rose (A$150) and the Sacred Chao (A$200).  I continue to disclose
>> no part of the map.
>
>Technically I believe this is not possible, but in the past people have
>buried "auxiliary treasures" with maps like "This treasure shall be
>found by the player who finds treasure with the Sacred Chao in it".
>
I don't like that; it's kinda cheesy.  I want them to be buried together.
Therefore, Studge has found them both.  Their maps, which were identical,
were:

"This treasure will be found by Studge when Weishaupt says so, so that
Studge can give them back to Weishaupt so that Weishaupt can rebury them
together.  Please don't hit me with a gold-digger, they'll be reburied with
a good map really soon."

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:27:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mueller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: stuff

At 01:12 AM 9/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 09:57 PM 9/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>> I bury Principia Discordia (A$100), Never Whistle While You're Pissing
>>> (A$20) and Atlantean Statue (A$300) in the same hole as the Intiate of the
>>> modified Rose (A$150) and the Sacred Chao (A$200).  I continue to disclose
>>> no part of the map.
>>
>>Technically I believe this is not possible, but in the past people have
>>buried "auxiliary treasures" with maps like "This treasure shall be
>>found by the player who finds treasure with the Sacred Chao in it".
>>
>I don't like that; it's kinda cheesy.  I want them to be buried together.
>Therefore, Studge has found them both.  Their maps, which were identical,
>were:
>
>"This treasure will be found by Studge when Weishaupt says so, so that
>Studge can give them back to Weishaupt so that Weishaupt can rebury them
>together.  Please don't hit me with a gold-digger, they'll be reburied with
>a good map really soon."

I give Weishaupt the treasure stuff.

Studge

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:42:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: stuff

Once again:

I accept the trinkets from Studge

I bury as treasure the following: Principia Discordia (A$100), Never
Whistle While You're Pissing (A$20), Atlantean Statue (A$300), Intiate of
the modified Rose (A$150), and the Sacred Chao (A$200).  I disclose no part
of the map.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:00:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Swing Points

I convert 4 swing points into a Bonus Vote.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:04:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Custodian?

Is anyone a custodian for Treasure 121?
(the Sceptre of Penguin Power)?

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:37:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Swing Points

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, JT wrote:

> I convert 4 swing points into a Bonus Vote.

Fails.
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:40:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Swing Points

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, JT wrote:
>> I convert 4 swing points into a Bonus Vote.
>
>Fails.

Umm. why?

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:47:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Swing Points

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, JT wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
> >On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, JT wrote:
> >> I convert 4 swing points into a Bonus Vote.
> >
> >Fails.
> 
> Umm. why?

You last performed a swingpoint to Bonus Voteconversion on Saturday.  It
hasn't been two weeks yet.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:51:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Swing Points

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, JT wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
>> >On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, JT wrote:
>> >> I convert 4 swing points into a Bonus Vote.
>> >
>> >Fails.
>> 
>> Umm. why?
>
>You last performed a swingpoint to Bonus Voteconversion on Saturday.  It
>hasn't been two weeks yet.

Oh.. Doh!  I donate 1A$ to the twits.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:56:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Name Change

There was a University Challenge question on Wednesday night about the
most recent winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature.  In honour of the
answer, and so that I might not forget it again, 

I change my name to Fo.

[As in Dario Fo]
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 03:04:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Name Change

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
>There was a University Challenge question on Wednesday night about the
>most recent winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature.  In honour of the
>answer, and so that I might not forget it again, 
>
>I change my name to Fo.

I'm thinking about this one.  My main objection Slakko is that someone
with a blue thing could make your name into 'of' and that could be
possibly very bad (all new trinkets with the word 'of' in them would
be forgeries.).   While I don't believe that to be your intent, I do the
following.

First, I create a trinket worth A$1 named 'of' with the description of
'This is to prevent anyone with a blue thing from getting ideas'.

I then ack this name change.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 03:28:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: I wish I had two heads for this one (or more)

In a rare fit of pique, Studge has asked me to challenge his student and
mentee Weishaupt to a test of courage on the field of combat.  Among the
grievous offenses that Studge alleges that Weishaupt is showing him up by
getting more proposals passed, finding more treasures and being declared
Funky and Stylish.   This sort of one-upsmanship cannot be allowed to go
unanswered, and thus Weishaupt, you are asked to choose a second, choose
a weapon and meet Studge on the field of honor!

*tap tap tap*  Well, I'm waiting.. What??? you want me to what??? Oh..
Alright.

Studge, as second to Weishaupt, I accept your pitiful excuse for a
challenge and relay that he will enjoy beating you into the ground here as
he has done in everything else.   He asks you to meet him on the field of
Ghost before sun-up.

*tap*  Now what?? Oh.. you want me to referee it tooo?

Fine.   As Herald, (and referee and both seconds?? yeesh) I hereby declare
the duel started.  I randomly assign Weishaupt to be player 2 and Studge
to be player 1.

Player 1 (Studge) choose your first letter.

- --JT, Referee, Herald, Second 1 and Second 2.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 03:30:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Transfer

K 2 appeared to miss this.

I have suggested (on Monday, I think) that SPAM trade me its Whamiol.

The other members of SPAM are proxied, so this should have happened.

If not, then:

I suggest that SPAM trade its Whamiol to Fo.
This happens, as both other members of SPAM are proxied.

Yours,
Fo

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:17:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kelly Hubert Kelly <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3504 accepted

I suggest that the twits give Slakko (the elder) A$ 1.

K 2

Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
>
> > Further, note what happens with all the self-deleting text.
> >
> > The first section ended up in Rule 1399.
> > The second section was either (a) done immediately, or (b) put in Rule
> > 1390.X, for some X, on a temporary basis.  Either way, the second lump of
> > self-deleting text was actually performed first - so I still don't have my
> > entities.
>
> So it may be that I don't exist as a Player, and also don't own any
> entities or hold any offices.
>
> I would like to apply to the Twits for a compensatory payment as the first
> official "Victim of Twittitude", but if I am such a victim then I can't
> actually get any Ackadollars right now.
>
> --
> Duncan C. "" Richer aka
> Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
> Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
> Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:18:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kelly Hubert Kelly <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Actions (Thread TWOSLAKKOS)

Duncan C. "Slakko" Richer wrote:

> > If the above is in fact true, then I would appreciate it if
> > Doppelslakko could see emself far enough to resign from the game....
>
> That probably wouldn't do any good.  I could easily see Doppelslakko being
> put into the Hall of Elders just for the hell of it....
>

Personally I'd like to see em in the harfonian ;) but then maybe I
biased.

K 2

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:19:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kelly Hubert Kelly <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Destroy

I create 2000 non-entities, each of which was identified by a unique
10-digit prime number and give em to Slakko.

K 2

Duncan Richer wrote:

> I destroy my 2000 non-entities, each of which was identified by a unique
> 10-digit prime number.
>
> --
> Duncan C. "" Richer aka
> Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
> Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
> Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:22:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Acka: stuff]

At 06:23 PM 9/11/98 +1000, you wrote:
>This is T237.
>
>K 2
>
>I create a trinket worth A$200 called the Sacred Chao with the following
>description:
>
>Originally worn by Malaclypse the Younger, the Sacred Chao has the
>appearance of a yin-yang sign with the white and black dots replaced with a
>pentagon and a golden apple inscribed with the letter K, respectively.  It
>has many magic powers, and it is said to be a secret weapon of the ELF
>against the Bavarian Illuminati.
>
>I bury it, along with Intiate of the modified Rose ($150) as a treasure
>with a map which i will disclose no part of presently.

This and 237a have been dug up and reburied already. 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:30:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Destroy

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Kelly Hubert Kelly wrote:

I destroy 2000 + N non-entities, where N is the number of non-entities K 2
will create to give to Slakko in the future.  Each non-entity is
identified by a unique 10-digit prime number which must be explicitly
stated in any message of creation (provided the non-entity does not
already exist).
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 06:49:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR 160

> I object.  Although i agree with most of this, I have serious
> reservations about removing these artists/works without replacing
> them with applicable translations.

Oh, come on. It's not as if it would be difficult for anyone else to
remedy that.

> Furthermore, there are some entries here for which no one
> *definitive* translation exists.

I think that's true for all of them, actually.

> Rather than taking this as an indication that they be removed from
> the list, I think this means that all reasonable translations (and
> this is not weasel-ish; it's easy to challenge) should be allowed.

That may sound reasonable, but is it what the rule actually permits?
Can you really say that Homer is the artist of Robert Fitzgerald's
English translation of "The Odyssey"? AND E.V. Rieu's translation, et
al? Given that the purpose of the Literature list is to provide words
as raw materials (rather than actual semantic meanings), I think one
would have to conclude that it is a bit of a stretch.
________________

> I object to this CSR for much the same reasons as Weisphaut did.
> Also, isn't it inconsistent?  I mean, surely Nabokov published
> things in Russian?

What does that have to do with anything? He published many things in
English, and those can be used as sources of Literature. His Russian
works may also be used as sources of Literature, as well, if one felt
like doing so. It's only when you try to use an English *translation*
of his Russian works that you start wandering afield. (Unless of
course Nabokov was the translator as well.)

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 06:57:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Custodian?

> Is anyone a custodian for Treasure 121?
> (the Sceptre of Penguin Power)?

Are you kidding? This is Red Barn we're talking about.

Actually, now that I think about it, I seem to remember that he once
publicly admitted that he himself had forgotten what the map was....

Like Rule 1217 says, "Such is the nature of buried treasure."

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:06:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3504 accepted

> 
> I suggest that the twits give Slakko (the elder) A$ 1.
I approve.
rufus

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:38:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Michael Pizolato" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: They're tubers, aren't they?

867-5309 wrote:
:Sit on a potato pan, Otis.

If my burial of the Treasure containing the Magic Potato succeeded (pending
the outcome of my CFJ, which has not yet appeared), 867-5309 has found it.

:(Ummm... I don't know where my goat is?)

Neither do I. Try the closet.

Piz

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:08:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: They're tubers, aren't they?

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Michael Pizolato wrote:

> 867-5309 wrote:
> :Sit on a potato pan, Otis.
> 
> If my burial of the Treasure containing the Magic Potato succeeded (pending
> the outcome of my CFJ, which has not yet appeared), 867-5309 has found it.

The reason your CFJ has not yet appeared is that I only received it from
MTM, and I'm not sure whether or not that is legal.  Send it to me
yourself and I'll be certain to get right on it (well, later this
afternoon anyway).

Yours,
Fo
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:21:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Michael Pizolato" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: They're tubers, aren't they?

Fo wrote:
:The reason your CFJ has not yet appeared is that I only received it from
:MTM, and I'm not sure whether or not that is legal.  Send it to me
:yourself and I'll be certain to get right on it (well, later this
:afternoon anyway).

I apologize if I appeared to imply that you were (pardon the ill-timed pun)
slacking off. I just meant that the CFJ had not yet been publicly posted.
It's already on it's way from me directly to you.

BTW, in case it was not legal for me to be the one to declare that the
Treasure was found, what I meant was this: for the purposes of "reasonable
meaning" as outlined in the Treasure description the palindrome posted by
867-5309 is acceptable.

Piz

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:39:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Custodian?

> Is anyone a custodian for Treasure 121?
> (the Sceptre of Penguin Power)?

I think I am, for what it's worth...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Phil Collins:Face Value
Current Book--John M. Ford:Web of Angels
TO BE OR NOT TO BE!.....What was the question again?

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:41:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Transfer

> K 2 appeared to miss this.

> I have suggested (on Monday, I think) that SPAM trade me its Whamiol.

> The other members of SPAM are proxied, so this should have happened.

> If not, then:

> I suggest that SPAM trade its Whamiol to Fo.
> This happens, as both other members of SPAM are proxied.

Are Whamiols gift entities?  If not, have you accepted SPAM's offer of
the Whamiol?  This was why I considered it to have failed.  (If not,
then you should of course have a few more points...)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Phil Collins:Face Value
Current Book--John M. Ford:Web of Angels
The housemate prefers ironing to washing up.  They have many flat forks.  -jsam

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:16:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Duncan C. \"Slakko\" Richer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Transfer

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > K 2 appeared to miss this.
> 
> > I have suggested (on Monday, I think) that SPAM trade me its Whamiol.
> 
> > The other members of SPAM are proxied, so this should have happened.
> 
> > If not, then:
> 
> > I suggest that SPAM trade its Whamiol to Fo.
> > This happens, as both other members of SPAM are proxied.
> 
> Are Whamiols gift entities?  If not, have you accepted SPAM's offer of
> the Whamiol?  This was why I considered it to have failed.  (If not,
> then you should of course have a few more points...)
Foo.

I accept the offer of the Whamiol from SPAM.
Fo.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Clerk of the Court

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:36:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kelly Hubert Kelly <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Name Change

This is the most inane trinket I have ever seen, if I were still the
scare
monger I would tell everbody who trinkets like this will crash the game
- - send
it sprialling into oblivion etc

I am calling a CIPPIA (rule1125) on the trinket "of":
The valid responses in a CPPIA Hearing are:
"this the most inane thing since the 'whatever it is we're auctioning
today'"
"this is the hottest thing since the 'Hubert Feathers'".

K 2
Comfortable Chair

JT wrote:

> First, I create a trinket worth A$1 named 'of' with the description of
> 'This is to prevent anyone with a blue thing from getting ideas'.
>
> I then ack this name change.
>
> --JT
>
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:36:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kelly Hubert Kelly <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: stuff

I thwap Weishaupt.
I ask permission to enter Weishaupt's house.

K 2

Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> Once again:
>
> I accept the trinkets from Studge
>
> I bury as treasure the following: Principia Discordia (A$100), Never
> Whistle While You're Pissing (A$20), Atlantean Statue (A$300), Intiate of
> the modified Rose (A$150), and the Sacred Chao (A$200).  I disclose no part
> of the map.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:42:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kelly Hubert Kelly <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rafting

My apologies to those entities who have been hunting this - I've been
Harfed under for the past week (consistently 200 messages behind :).

Mr. Tambourine Man has found this treasure, the map was:
This treasure will be found by the owner of the most recently
distributed
piece of rafting equipment. It will be found when the following
conditions
have been met:
1. The owners of the raft and oars have agreed to raft the river.
2. K 2 is satisfied that he trip will occur and that the card will be
played prior to the random determination.

I would politely request of the OiCoRT wait as long as e is legally able
to
before performing the determination.

K 2

Tom Walmsley wrote:

> The following team wishes to go rafting:
>
> rufus
> Mr. Tambourine Man
> JT
> Alfvaen
>
> Here's hoping we can get some sort of luck virus and it will suceed :-)
>
> MTM.
>
> --
> Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
> http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
> AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
> Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:03:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Michael Pizolato" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Rafting Forever

I volunteer to go on every rafting trip for which I am eligible from this
time forward.

Piz

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:26:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Destroy Destroy Destroy

I destroy all non-entities identified by a 10 digit prime number which I
have received and will ever receive.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:30:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 659 (JT)

JT has been selected.

Call for Judgement 659 - September 10, 1998
Subject: Literature Translation
Initiator: Mr. Tambourine Man (sent Sep 10 1998, 18:35 Acka)
Judge: JT
Judgement:

Statement:
An accepted proposal containing a translation of part of a work of Homer
which was of sufficient length and cited as being by Homer could cause
it's proposer to score points due to the rule "Literature" if it were
accepted.

Initiator's Reasoning:
I think this should be judged FALSE.Whilst a translation of a foreign
artist bears many things in comon with the works of the foreign artist,
that artist was not actually the author and hence the literature rule
should not apply.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:33:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 660 (Wild Card)

Wild Card has been selected.

Call for Judgement 660 - September 11, 1998
Subject: Burying Potato
Initiator: Piz (sent Sep 11 1998, 09:15 Acka)
Judge: Wild Card
Judgement:

Statement: 
It is legal for the Magic Potato to constitute part of a Treasure.

Reasoning:

The Magic Potato is a non-tradable entity, because its tradability status is
not explicitly defined in the Rules (Rule 901), and in such a case an entity
is non-tradable by default (Rule 500.2).

Rule 1217 states:

"...the player attempting [to bury a Treasure] must state which one or more
of his tradeable entities collectively constitute the Treasure..."

Other than this phrase, there is nothing in the Rules that regulates the
contents of a Treasure. This does not expressly *limit* the contents of a
Treasure to tradable entities, although it requires that at least one
tradable entity be part of a Treasure.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:33:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3504 accepted

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, David Scheidt wrote:
>> I suggest that the twits give Slakko (the elder) A$ 1.
>I approve.

I approve as well.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:35:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 661 (Vynd)

Vynd has been selected.

Call for Judgement 661 - September 11, 1998
Subject: Whamiol Trade
Initiator: Alfvaen (sent Sep 11 1998, 09:55 Acka)
Judge: Vynd
Judgement:

Statement:

Slakko had a Whamiol on September 8th, 1998 at noon.

Alfvaen's Reasoning:

Slakko posted, on the 8th at 03:43 Ackatime, the suggestion that SPAM
transfer its Whamiol to em.  Since apparently the other members of SPAM
have their approvals proxied, this was enough for the action to be
attempted.  However, since Gadgets in general(and Whamiols in specific)
are not gift entities, Slakko was required to accept the trade before it
occurred, and this did not happen.  (Just being the one to suggest a
trade to oneself doesn't qualify as acceptance, does it?)

For that matter, I don't believe that Slakko's more recent attempt
succeeded either, for the same reason.  But if the former attempt did
succeed, then e will have received some points(perhaps the maximum,
because it's been a long time since the Whamiol last awarded points to
its owner...)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:36:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 657 (FALSE)

K 2 has judged this FALSE.

Call for Judgement 657 - September 7, 1998
Subject: Forgeries
Initiator: Weishaupt (sent 07 Sep 1998, 02:27 Acka)
Judge: K 2 (selected 7 Sep 1998, 02:31 Acka)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement: 
the trinket JT's Barrel of Monkeys was transferred to the treasury, not to
TJ

Reasoning: 
The trinket did not contain the name of exactly one current player
as per 506, so it was not transferred to TJ

Judge's Reasoning:

Rule 251 states:
Every player has exactly one Ackanomic name.

Rule 506 states on forgeries:
A player-created Trinket, whose name contains the name of a current or
former player other than that of the creating player, such that the
player name in question existed before the Trinket was created, and
which has not been owned at some time by each player whose name it
contains, is a forgery. ... For the purposes of this clause, the Trinket
name "contains" a name N, if it contains a word or phrase of the same
length in words as N, that when stripped of any conventional English
morphological changes, matches N as described in rule 348. [e.g.
"Malenkai's Loophole" and "Malenkai-esque Statues" would be forgeries].

Since, at the time of this CFJ, the player who could legally take the
name JT had the ackanomic name of TJ and according to rule 251 TJ has
_exactly_ one name, the trinket created by /dev/joe did not contain the
name of a
current  player and was not a forgery. Thus it was neither transferred
to the treasury nor to TJ.

I would note that now that TJ has become JT the trinket in question -
currently owned by /dev/joe is a forgery; Consider this a public
notification
;)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:38:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3504 accepted

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, JT wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, David Scheidt wrote:
> >> I suggest that the twits give Slakko (the elder) A$ 1.
> >I approve.
> 
> I approve as well.
I approve. :-)

Fo
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, CotC, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer, Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:00:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CPPIA grr

I destroy the trinket 'of'.

I change the name of my house to 'of'.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:01:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: stuff

At 10:36 AM 9/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I thwap Weishaupt.
>I ask permission to enter Weishaupt's house.
>
>K 2
>
Sure, i guess...

- --Weishaupt

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:05:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kelly Hubert Kelly <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: stuff

I enter Weishaupt and look around. Nice place. I can't remember has it
been described yet?

K 2

Gabe Drummond-Cole wrote:

> At 10:36 AM 9/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >I thwap Weishaupt.
> >I ask permission to enter Weishaupt's house.
> >
> >K 2
> >
> Sure, i guess...
>
> --Weishaupt

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:17:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackanomic.org

Ok, I relent, they won't let me pay the $70.. so I'm off now to pay my
$100 to Internic.

I apologize for any delays.
IB

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:22:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: acknomic.org II

I gave the blood suckers their money.  I assume the DNS mappings will be
back up after the next root server update (2200EDT)

Bah-
IB

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:55:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: where's the monkey?

>I create a trinket worth A$200, named "Clockwork Violin" with the following
>double quote delimited description: "A very valuable gift. Often accompianed
>by a simian."
>
>I give the Clockwork Violin to Rex Mundi.
>

I destroy the Clockwork Violin for A$.

>I request membership in the Moral Kiosk.
>
I suggest that The Moral Kiosk admit Eris, and I approve of this suggestion.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:13:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3504 accepted

Kelly Hubert Kelly wrote:

> I suggest that the twits give Slakko (the elder) A$ 1.

I approve of this. I also donate A$1 to the twits for firgetting to play in
viruses recently.

MTM.

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:14:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rafting

Kelly Hubert Kelly wrote:

> Mr. Tambourine Man has found this treasure, the map was:

I play my OC felicitous populi announcing the random determination as to the
result of the rafting trip, the result that hte trip suceeds and we get to be
daring adventurers, and the ammount if money x where x is equal to the
smaller of A$120 and the greatest multiple of A$40 I own.

MTM.

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:16:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe

I was walking around earlier when I put my hand in my pocket and felt a
strange object in there. At first I didn't know what it was but then it
dawned on me. It must be Phoebe's Matchbox! That was always popping up
in obscure places. I stooped imediately and opened it eagerly.

"Phoebe!" I exclaimed, "So good to see you again!"

"Do I know you?" she replied.

"Um, yeah, I might have been wearing a lot of gingham back then though".
For some reason I'd stopped wearing gingham and started carrying a
tambourine around with me a few months ago. And then there was that
peculiar incident with the brie, but that's best left unsaid.

"Oh Gods" she said, not sounding too pleased, "You again."

I ignored this slight and proceeded to question her, well aware of her
legendary wisdom.

"Have you noticed the similaritiesbetween JT and /dev/joe? They both
host Acka: IRC, they're both really good at finding treasure, and they
both have vocabularies that would put Shakespeare to shame."

"Well..." she started.

"And what's more" I interupted "sometimes when I'm on IRC with them I
could swear that they comunicate telepathically."

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interupted" Phoebe continued,
glaring at me, "they are in fact brothers. Check out their pictures at
http://www.dragoncat.net/~tabbifli/pictures/jt_97.jpg and
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/2525/JoeDevy.jpg if you don't
believe me."

"How can that be though?" I protested, "They don't even have the same
surname."

"You've never been to Korea I see, have you?" she said, "It's a bit to
the east of Agora, and in Korea their family names are their first names
and their givrn names their last names. They are in fact the last two
members of the great Joseph clan or Korea."

I sat down to ponder that for a bit and when I rose to question her,
Phoebe had dissapeared.

MTM.

- --
Tom Walmsley [email-masked]
http://website.lineone.net/~t.walmsley/index.html
AIM: TGW666 ICQ 2925739
Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:25:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rafting

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
>Kelly Hubert Kelly wrote:
>
>> Mr. Tambourine Man has found this treasure, the map was:
>
>I play my OC felicitous populi announcing the random determination as to the
>result of the rafting trip, the result that hte trip suceeds and we get to be
>daring adventurers, and the ammount if money x where x is equal to the
>smaller of A$120 and the greatest multiple of A$40 I own.

Could you kindly tell me what that value is? I need to know it in order
to make the random determination :)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:32:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Phoebe

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
>"How can that be though?" I protested, "They don't even have the same
>surname."
>
>"You've never been to Korea I see, have you?" she said, "It's a bit to
>the east of Agora, and in Korea their family names are their first names
>and their givrn names their last names. They are in fact the last two
>members of the great Joseph clan or Korea."

Looks like our secrets out /dev/joe.  Want to be my completely unregulated
by the rules Evil Twin? :)

- --/j/t

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:36:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Phoebe

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, JT wrote:

z> 
> Looks like our secrets out /dev/joe.  Want to be my completely unregulated
> by the rules Evil Twin? :)
> 
Neither of you looks like I expected you to.  And no, I won't say what
that is.

rufus, no known picture of me on the web

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:55:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CPPIA grr

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, JT wrote:

> I destroy the trinket 'of'.
> 
> I change the name of my house to 'of'.
> 
> --JT
> 

Heh, JT's house of of.

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #312
*******************************