Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #275
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Wednesday, August 19 1998      Volume 03 : Number 275

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:31:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: A job for the CSRR

The Voting Gnome (mandated by rule 975) and the On-Ice Player Voting Gnome
have names which have the same primitive form.

According to rule 348, the CSRR shall change one or both of the names in
such a way as to fix the problem.

(yes, I realize this has been the case for a while, I just noticed it as I
was doing the 'On-Ice' player additions to the player name page as
registrar)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:56:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Auction Them entities

I am starting an auction on the single A$ in the treasury that composed the
trinket "ZotZotZot 6". For those of you who wish to inspect the merchandise prior
to purchase this particular A$ is also the 27624th A$ in the treasury and has been
listed separately for convenience.

K 2

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 05:04:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR

I also object.
It changes the rule too much - this kind of change should be done by a
proposal.

Niccolo Flychuck

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Matt Miller wrote:

> I object to this CSR.
> 
> 
> On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
> 
> > I am using my powers as CSRR to issue a CSR numbered 146 as delimited by
> > SAUCY:
> > 
> > SAUCY
> > In rule 1240.20 (Otzma Card of Type Roulette Wheel) replace "Deterministic
> > Method" with "Probabalistic Method"
> > 
> > [As JT pointed out the runemaker could pick a card at its instance limit to
> > just destroy the card]
> > 
> > ----
> > 
> > In rule 1240.17 (Otzma Card of type Arctic Explorer) replace the text
> > "description[that is, an entity with the word "Ice Pick" in its name],
> > then" with the text "description (that is, an entity with the word "Ice
> > Pick" in its name), then".
> > 
> > ----
> > 
> > Renumber rule 845 (Map of the City ) to 846
> > Renmuber rule 844 (Here There Be Dragons) to 845
> > Renumber rule 1390.4 (Maps) to 844
> > 
> > ----
> > 
> > Ammend rule 721 by replacing "a player to lose currency during the first
> > three weeks of eir being a new player" with "a newbie to lose currency".
> > SAUCY
> > 
> > Mr. Tambourine Man, CSRR.
> > 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:26:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Auction Them entities

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, K2 wrote:

> 
> I am starting an auction on the single A$ in the treasury that composed the
> trinket "ZotZotZot 6". For those of you who wish to inspect the merchandise prior
> to purchase this particular A$ is also the 27624th A$ in the treasury and has been
> listed separately for convenience.

I am not sure MTMs action worked.  Was the A$ in question in hte treasury
when the auction was called? 

rufus

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:26:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Auction Them entities

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, K2 wrote:

> I am starting an auction on the single A$ in the treasury that composed the
> trinket "ZotZotZot 6". For those of you who wish to inspect the merchandise prior
> to purchase this particular A$ is also the 27624th A$ in the treasury and has been
> listed separately for convenience.
> 
> 
> K 2
> 
> 
> 
> 

I bid one Ackadollar.

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:33:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A job for the CSRR

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, JT wrote:

> The Voting Gnome (mandated by rule 975) and the On-Ice Player Voting 
Gnome
> have names which have the same primitive form.
> 
> According to rule 348, the CSRR shall change one or both of the names in
> such a way as to fix the problem.
> 
> (yes, I realize this has been the case for a while, I just noticed it as I
> was doing the 'On-Ice' player additions to the player name page as
> registrar)
> 
> --JT

Not so!  The complete and correct name of the gnome in Rule 975 is The
Voting Gnome of Ackanomic. This was breadbox's fix, and far superior to
whatever lame attempt I made to get around Rule 348 that I can no longer
remember.  In any event, the names are not the same, although the
shortened form of the gnome's name used in much of Rule 975 i the same as
a player's.

Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:35:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: This is the subject which only just includes Acka

This sentence reveals to the reader that K 2 was in a particularly
uninventive mood when e wrote this.

This sentence attempts to state the purpose of this message. The sole
purpose of this sentence is to point out that the pervious sentence
failed in its attempt. This sentence would like to inform the reader
that the next sentence could quite possibly reveal what this message is
really all about. The purpose of this sentence, which is the last in
this paragraph, is to inform you that the previous sentence was correct
and that this message is going to attempt to distribute a few blue cross
awards. This sentence, merely by its presence in this paragraph,
demonstrates that at least one part of the previous paragraph was
incorrect.

This sentence points out that with the passage of proposal 3306, Vynd
gained a Blue Cross Rank which merits an extra Silver Stripe. This
sentence awards Vynd with the Silver Stripe refereed to in the previous
sentence. Congratulations are offered in this sentence.

This paragraph awards Alfvaen with a third gold stripe and consequently
is responsible for the destruction of all of eir silver stripes.

This line informs the reader who wrote this message; K 2.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:53:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Gold Stripe

As Proconsul, it is my great pleasure to award K 2 the Gold Stripe that e
has earned for his Blue Cross Rank of 60+.   I only endeavor to join him
at this (and greater) heights of proposing fame.

Congratulations K 2.

- --JT, Proconsul

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:16:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Auction Them entities

At 00:56 19/08/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am starting an auction on the single A$ in the treasury that composed the
>trinket "ZotZotZot 6". For those of you who wish to inspect the
merchandise prior
>to purchase this particular A$ is also the 27624th A$ in the treasury and
has been
>listed separately for convenience.

I shall bid A$1.

MTM.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:16:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A job for the CSRR

>The Voting Gnome (mandated by rule 975) and the On-Ice Player Voting Gnome
>have names which have the same primitive form.
>
>According to rule 348, the CSRR shall change one or both of the names in
>such a way as to fix the problem.

I thought that the rule 975 Voting Name was renamed by proposal to The
Voting Gnome of Ackanomic. However if that is not the case then I change
the name of the rule specified one to "Katie the Amorphous Lobster". If,
however, after this has taken place there is still a conflict to the rule
not changing and specifying an entity called The Voting Gnome to exist then
I change the name of Elder Voting Gnome to "Habeous Corpus".

MTM, CSRR.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:54:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A job for the CSRR

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
>I thought that the rule 975 Voting Name was renamed by proposal to The
>Voting Gnome of Ackanomic. However if that is not the case then I change

Vynd also pointed this out, and in fact it was and I misread it when I was
checking it last night.

I donate A$1 to the TWITS.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:40:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Auction Them entities

>> I am starting an auction on the single A$ in the treasury that composed the
>> trinket "ZotZotZot 6". For those of you who wish to inspect the
merchandise prior
>> to purchase this particular A$ is also the 27624th A$ in the treasury
and has been
>> listed separately for convenience.
>
>I bid one Ackadollar.

I bid A$2.

Mr. Tambourine Man.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:15:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: A busy summer for new players

We have another new player to our fair game.

Joining under the name of Memo, Guillermo Alcantara y Carreto found our
game by searching the web for a place to play nomic.  His email address is
[email-masked].

Alfvaen has been chosen to be eir mentor, but as always, I'm sure that all
of us will be more than ready to answer questions.

Welcome to the game Memo.

- -JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

My real name is Guillermo Alcantara y Carreto. Lestas is just a
nickname I use at the school with my friends. I want to be called Memo
at the game. The email address is right. I want to be a voting player.
I searched the web for a place to play nomic. bye. If you need
anything else mailme.

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 15:56:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: A busy summer for new players

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, JT wrote:

> Alfvaen has been chosen to be eir mentor, but as always, I'm sure that all
> of us will be more than ready to answer questions.
> 

Due to recent time constraints, I will merely be ready to answer questions
this time.

IB

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:00:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 172 (FALSE)

Rig R. Mortis has judged this one FALSE.

- ---------------------------------------
Call for Criminal Judgement 172* - August 5, 1998
Subject: Spam
Initiator: Slakko (Sent 5 Aug 1998, 12:27 Acka time)
1st Judge: Fortunato (Selected 06 Aug 1998, 17:29 Acka time) (deadbeat)
2nd Judge: Rig R. Mortis (selected 15 Aug 1998, 08:52 Acka time)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:
Brie Clump committed the Crime of Being Annoying on August 5th, 1998.

Initiator's Reasoning:
Rule 721 defines the only ways to be Annoying, and hence commit the crime
of Being Annoying.  One of these is Spam, defined to be "Pursuing a game
strategy which entails, as one of its effects, causing excessive amounts
of messages to be sent to the public fora [in the judgement of a judge]".

The only question here is whether Brie Clump's game strategy causes
excessive amounts of messages to be sent to the public fora.
Twelve proposals from the one player in a single day appears to me to be
excessive, and it is clearly part of Brie Clump's strategy.  So if the
judge of this CFCJ agrees with me, then Brie Clump has committed the Crime
of Being Annoying.

[I just thought I'd run this up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes.]

Judge's Reasoning:
I judge FALSE.
I believe 12 messages in one day is short of being
annoying. I myself wasn't particularly annoyed and can only 
base my judgement on that.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 19:04:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 643 (Vynd)

> Statement:  
> The proposals for which voting expired during the period
> that the Muppetlabs harddrive was down have not been legally accepted or
> rejected, since players did not have seven full days during which votes
> were being accepted -- or, if they did, it was not clear from messages
> posted as a public action by breadbox that this was so.

This is untrue. Anyone could have sent votes to me directly during the
time that the nomicbot was down.

Although I am always asking people to send their votes and proposal
submissions to the nomicbot directly, I am required by the rules to
accept such submissions in any form, and I do. The nomicbot is not
regulated by the rules, and is only there to make it possible for me
to keep up with the pace that we enjoy.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 23:51:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: A busy summer for new players

> Joining under the name of Memo, Guillermo Alcantara y Carreto found our
> game by searching the web for a place to play nomic.  His email address is
> [email-masked].

> Alfvaen has been chosen to be eir mentor, but as always, I'm sure that all
> of us will be more than ready to answer questions.

Welcome to Ackanomic, Memo.  I'll try to be reasonably prompt with any
questions you might have.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Club Nouveau:Life, Love & Pain
Current Book--Tanith Lee:The Book of The Beast
There's hamburger all over the highway in Mystic, Connecticut.  Film at 11.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #275
*******************************