Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #267
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest        Sunday, August 9 1998        Volume 03 : Number 267

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 00:57:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Moved Web Pages

I now have my web pages up at www.connect.ab.ca(all except my talk.bizarre
ones, which most of you probably aren't that concerned about, and the ones
that were at other sites before, which are still there).  Anyway, anything
that used to be at http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/... is now at
http://www.connect.ab.ca/~alfvaen/...

Let me know if there are any problems with the pages.  I've updated a few
things, like finally linking to Slakko's old cycle scores and pointlogs
(rather than my own and, harf forbid, wilma's), etc.  All lean, no fat.  I
still haven't updated my "trinket creators" page, nor put up any more recent
editions of the Big White Gazette, but give me time.

Also, I would appreciate it if any pages with mailto: links still pointing
to [email-masked] could update them.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Jerry Cantrell:Boggy Depot
Current Book--Sheri S. Tepper:Shadow's End
Mother Very Easily Made a Jam Sandwich Using No Peanuts, Mayonnaise or Glue.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 09:59:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom Walmsley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC: Primes Defined

>> Then lets say at some point there were 31 players, who's going to go and
>> prove that 31 is prime? Not me certainly.
>>
>> MTM.
>
>Me!!
>
>K 2

Okay, maybe you would. But what if it instead stated that all the rules
would be repealed instead?

MTM.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 14:43:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: ASS

I go to the library.
I play "Particle Man" by "They Might be Giants" in honor of Mr. Tambourine
Man's recent treasure.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 18:50:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: else...if

It is my supreme honor to have been retained by the hono(u)rable Vynd as
second in a Duel for justice against that most vile opponent of
anti-voting, else...if.  Vynd wishes me to convey to eir adversary that
eir Second's pitiful attempt at scare tactics was entirely unsuccessful
(although probably would have been had our official Scaremonger tried) and
that e (Vynd) intends to leave insufficient cat-weights of else...if's
bifurcated brainpans on the battlefield to feed a Goose.  To this end, e
has chosen the venerated contest of Double Crash, to echo the sound soon
to be made by the decapitated domes of eir opponent as they crash to the
earth.  Let the unbelievers be shown the Wages of Sin.

- - 867-5309, who faked the prescience this time

The wages of sin are death, but after taxes are taken out, it's just a
kind of tired feeling.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 21:30:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AVPP

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, K2 wrote:

> I suggest that the AVPP change its membership policy to Quasi-open.

I proxy my support to the AVPP.  Then I approve of the above if I still
need to.

- - 867-5309

It's always darkest just before you step on the cat. 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 21:30:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: More Literature?

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> I would heartily recommend at least some Tom Lehrer to every player of
> Ackanomic, especially "The Element Song", "Poisoning Pigeons In The Park",
> "The Masochism Tango", and "New Math".  Very interesting highbrow musical
> humour, although some of it is a bit dated now.  (Like his song about Hubert
> Humphrey...)

I realized after I changed my name to this annoying one that I could have
played that song and fulfilled that Agenda Hat condition.

My personal favorite of his is "When You Are Old and Gray;" there's a
series of alternate lyrics used in the revue Tomfoolery that's even more
masterful than the originals.

- - 867-5309

It's always darkest just before you step on the cat. 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 21:46:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AVPP

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Eric Plumb wrote:
>On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, K2 wrote:
>
>> I suggest that the AVPP change its membership policy to Quasi-open.
>
>I proxy my support to the AVPP.  Then I approve of the above if I still
>need to.

According to the Org Harfers page you aren't a member of this
organization, so I don't think this has any effect regardless.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 22:09:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: AWOL players

Koxvolio, Goldenmean, and Zaknafien Dourden have not answered the AWOL
letter that I sent them.  Therefore, on the 8th, they all went Inactive
with an EDR of August 12th.  On August 26th, (14 days after their EDR)
they will go On Ice.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 22:17:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Raft (Piz)

Piz has found the Great Raft of Ackanomic.

I believe this gets us back on the correct every other week schedule for
the oars and the raft.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 22:26:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AVPP

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, JT wrote:

> 
> According to the Org Harfers page you aren't a member of this
> organization, so I don't think this has any effect regardless.

According to the Org Harfer, I was never named Tom Walmsley, and
therefore the party was formed with Bob Dylan Boy as a member in lieu of
myself.  According to the Registrar, I was once in possession of that
Ackanomic moniker, and therefore am a member.  

Draw your own conclusions, I suppose.

- - 867-5309

A Smith & Wesson beats four aces every time. 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 22:43:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AVPP

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Eric Plumb wrote:
>> According to the Org Harfers page you aren't a member of this
>> organization, so I don't think this has any effect regardless.
>
>According to the Org Harfer, I was never named Tom Walmsley, and
>therefore the party was formed with Bob Dylan Boy as a member in lieu of
>myself.  According to the Registrar, I was once in possession of that
>Ackanomic moniker, and therefore am a member.  
>
>Draw your own conclusions, I suppose.

No.. My belief is that you really never had the name either.  I decided to
harf it as if you did because it's easier to pull things out of my logs
that help me generate my pages than to try and add things in later.

However, there is currently a CFJ up for decision which will hopefully
decide the matter once and for all.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 23:06:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: More Literature?

>On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
>
>> I would heartily recommend at least some Tom Lehrer to every player of
>> Ackanomic, especially "The Element Song", "Poisoning Pigeons In The Park",
>> "The Masochism Tango", and "New Math".  Very interesting highbrow musical
>> humour, although some of it is a bit dated now.  (Like his song about Hubert
>> Humphrey...)
>
>I realized after I changed my name to this annoying one that I could have
>played that song and fulfilled that Agenda Hat condition.
>
>My personal favorite of his is "When You Are Old and Gray;" there's a
>series of alternate lyrics used in the revue Tomfoolery that's even more
>masterful than the originals.
	I've always like "National Brotherhood Week," but then, I used to
live in a city which liked that sort of thing.

- --
- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and
enjoy it.
		-Logan Pearsall Smith

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #267
*******************************