Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #233
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest         Monday, July 13 1998         Volume 03 : Number 233

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 00:19:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Potato

Ethelred has found the Magic Potato today.  Or will find it, depending
on whether it happens now(the time of the random determination being
posted), or at noon(the default time for events with no other time
specified).

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Mrs. Torrance:Where's The Bird
Current Book--Tesseracts5
A grazing mace, how sweet the sound that smites a foe like thee!

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:12:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Puppet Head

As of 5:32 EDT, Koxvolio's Puppet Head is destroyed, and Koxvolio's
status becomes Non-Voting.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:41:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ Submission

[This CFJ is being submitted to all players to ensure that it is submitted
to the player currently responsible for doing the CotC duties, to ensure
I don't have another failure of the form of Slakko's recent one.]

Statement:

  /dev/joe has achieved a Winning Condition during the current cycle.

Reasoning:

Just after proposal 3241, named 'X', was accepted, Rule 605 gave /dev/joe
a winning condition.  The conditions for this are as follows (paraphrased;
see rule 605 for the full text):

1) The rule created by that proposal has a game effect in addition to its
own addition to the rule set and any effect of rule 605.

It does so, it gives lager the 'regal' property, a synonym for 'royal'.

2) Each word in the rule exists in the rule set previously, or in the
official dictionary.

The words 'lager', 'sir', 'is', and 'regal' exist in the official
dictionary.

3) The text of the rule is palindromic.

'lagersirisregal' reads the same forwards and backwards.

Thus, immediately after the score changes for P3241 were applied, I
achieved a winning condition and the title "Sage o' Doe Gas".

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:51:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 630 (Alfvaen)

Alfvaen has been selected
- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Judgement 630 - July 13, 1998
Subject: Palindrome Win
Initiator: /dev/joe (Sent 9 Jul 1998 12:46 Acka)
Judge: Alfvaen (Selected 9 Jul 1998 12:52 Acka)

Statement:
  /dev/joe has achieved a Winning Condition during the current cycle.

Reasoning:
Just after proposal 3241, named 'X', was accepted, Rule 605 gave /dev/joe
a winning condition.  The conditions for this are as follows (paraphrased;
see rule 605 for the full text):

1) The rule created by that proposal has a game effect in addition to its
own addition to the rule set and any effect of rule 605.

It does so, it gives lager the 'regal' property, a synonym for 'royal'.

2) Each word in the rule exists in the rule set previously, or in the
official dictionary.

The words 'lager', 'sir', 'is', and 'regal' exist in the official
dictionary.

3) The text of the rule is palindromic.

'lagersirisregal' reads the same forwards and backwards.

Thus, immediately after the score changes for P3241 were applied, I
achieved a winning condition and the title "Sage o' Doe Gas".

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:05:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Acktions

I change my status to non-voting, due to real-life concerns.

<sigh>

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 20:56:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stock Sale

	I sell one stock.
	I repeat the action in the preceding paragraph a total of 92 times.
The stock price is currently 58.6.

- --
- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:05:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Here goes...

	I create a trinket called "Life Size Model of the Ackan Reserve"
worth A$5001 with the description "It is, indeed, a life size model of the
Ackan Reserve.  Inside are robots performing the duties of the Ackan
Reserve staff, and on the top floor three robots looking vaguely familiar
are debating something around a table"

	I donate the "Life Size Model of the Ackan Reserve" to the museum.

- --
- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:45:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Boon

It is with great pleasure that I tell you all about the artifact of the
Ancients that I mysteriously found in Tamson House shortly after finding
the Machine that goes *ping* there.  It has been a great Boon to me.

It is called Klortho's Volcano.  It consists of a large volcano, roughly
fifteen cat-heights high and twenty in radius.  It is approximately(but
not precisely)circular, and contains realistically coloured lava and magma.
Where it gets it from I don't know, since I suspect Ackanomic, even in its
hemispherical-soon-to-be-cubical state, has little or no tectonic activity.
Anyway, it's a little bit hot, but not uncomfortably so.

Oddly enough, if you get close enough you can see a parade of small
creatures, only a few centicat-heights in size(though probably much
larger in proportion to the volcano).  They are roughly lizardlike in
shape, though scaleless, very pale in colour with darker spots, and
no eyes.  They are climbing from crevices in the side of the volcano
towards the rim of its crater, and then off into the lava, like so many
lemmings.  There seems to be a never-ending supply of them, however.

Around the base of the volcano is written an inscription in the language
of the Ancients, which unfortunately has been wiped out in several places
by random lava flows which occasionally come from the volcano.  What can 
be deciphered of it reads "By the holy claws of Klortho the Magnificent,
it is a fine morning!" and "Go jump into a <?> volcano, you <?> cave newt!"

[In the case of any ambiguity, it is the preceding three paragraphs that
are the description for my Must Describe boon trinket.  But I hope you
all figured that out anyway.]

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Sam Phillips:The Indescribable Wow
Current Book--Stephen King:The Two Dead Girls
The covers of some books are too far apart.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #233
*******************************