Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #229
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest        Thursday, July 9 1998        Volume 03 : Number 229

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 23:58:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 170 (Preator - Alfvaen)

IdiotBoy deadbeated and is added to the CFJ Ineligibility List, and
penalized 10 points.
CFCJ 170 is assigned to the Praetor (Alfvaen).

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Criminal Judgement 170 - June 29, 1998
Subject: Sinning
Initiator: 867-5309 (sent June 29, 17:38)
Judge: IdiotBoy (selected July 02, 17:27) (deadbeat)
2nd Judge: Alfvaen (Preator) (Selected 9 Jul 1998, 23:59 Acka)

Statement:
867-5309 committed the Crime of Original Sin on Thursday, 25 June.

Initiator's Reasoning:
On the date in question, the accused submitted the following
INVIDIOUS-delimited Sin Submission:

INVIDIOUS
A new Sin has been discovered by the tireless researchers of the Ackanomic
Guild of Indulgences and Other Vices.  This Sin is the horrible one of
Abusing One's Privilege.  This Sin is committed when a player who attempts
to create a new Rule via a Hearing, Discovery, Miscellaneous Submission,
or in another non-Proposal manner includes text in this created Rule which
purports to create, amend, or repeal any Rule other than the one being
created.

{{ Append the sentence "This sentence repeals itself seven seconds after 
it becomes part of a Rule." to the end of Rule 611, "Le Grand Fromage." }}
INVIDIOUS

The resultant Sinquisition returned a verdict of "Right up there with
Disrespecting the Harfers."  Hence, by R777 the text of the Sinquisition
was adopted as a new Rule.  The submitter was obviously guilty of the same
Sin e proposed to create, that of Abusing One's Privilege, therefore also
by R777 e has committed the Crime of Original Sin, Q.E.D.

Suggested Penalty:
Harsh! At least a 7-line APOLOGY, in accordance with R777.
The TRANSFERENCE of all eir tradeable entities to the initiator of this
CFCJ, including the covering of the initiator's court costs.
An IMPRISONMENT of three days.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 23:59:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Public Apology

Well, here it is, I apologize for being such an awful person and all that.
I abase myself.  Kind of embarassing, but not really.  Mostly I'm
sorry that I'm in jail.  All this time in Acka, and the only crime
(I can remember) that I've been convicted of before is Contempt,
and I get thrown in jail over a piddling little crime. Because after all,
I know nobody cares about this.  Its the system, I'm telling you.  I'm
being put down by the man!  You think its a coincidence that our President
is the one getting me thrown in jail?  Yeah right... I was planning on
appealing the verdict, or at least the sentence, but of course the website
was unavailable, and then SOMEHOW the outside internet access at work was
dead today...  And well lookee here, I can't appeal the CFCJ while I'm in
jail!  I can write my own CFCJ, I can Appeal for Pardon, but I can't
appeal the CFCJ.  It's not fair!  No one told me about that rule!  I don't
think it was even there before, K 2 must have added it through some
loophole.  He'll claim otherwise, pretend to be nice, but isn't it
convenient that he can't grant an Appeal for Pardon right now. Oh Noooooo,
he's out in SPACE.  Can't help me, so sorry.  So meanwhile, I get to rot
here in jail, and be sorry.  Yeah, I'm pretty sorry alright. One sorry son
of a... ah forget it.  I'll tell you who else should be sorry... Them.
That's right, them.  They know who they are...  Well we'll see who gets
the last laugh....

                                  - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #229
*******************************