Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #217
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest        Wednesday, July 1 1998        Volume 03 : Number 217

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 00:26:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Purchase

I purchase 5 stocks.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Luscious Jackson:Fever In Fever Out
Current Book--David Brin:Heaven's Reach
Watch out for the Alerted Snakes of Consequence.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 00:34:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ping?

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
>> It is my guess that the truth of the machine is 
>> 
>> IF AND ONLY IF today the date in Texas is the sum of three United States
>> coins, THEN the Machine That Goes *ping* shall go *ping*.
>
>This weak attempt at a truth only leads to JT paying his penalty and
>sitting out the rest of the round.

Well foo.  I pay my A$10, and sulk.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 02:52:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Happy Swingpoints

8 SwingPoints for a random Otzma Card?

Niccolo Flychuck

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Ian K. wrote:

> > > > I think the conversion to point should be removed. It was really only put
> > > > there so that there will be some sort of conversion until we come up with
> > > > other conversion types.
> 
> I like the convertability to points. 
> 
> > > If you remove points, then the choice becomes Bonus Votes or Chess-related
> > > items.  Given the ability of players to earn Swingpoints without being the
> > > least bit involved in Chess, I don't see Bonus Votes alone as a suitable
> > > non-Chess-alternative.
> 
> I agree, but I couldn't think of alternatives? Perhaps conversion of a
> larger number of swingpoints for a Boon of the Ancients? This is still no
> good for non-swingers though, who will find it very difficult to amass the
> larger number of swingpoints required.
> 
> Koxvolio
> 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 03:10:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka : Senate Elections - Niccolo Flychuck to the Senate!

People of Ackanomic,
I imagine some of you may have been surprised to see my name as a Senate
candidate. I have long been known for my opposition to the Senate. The
Senate, to me, has always been a symbol of conservatism and, at times,
centralization of power. What, you may wonder, does Niccolo Flychuck,
Founder of the Church of Odo on the Worm Hole, founder of the MetaMorph
Party, has to do in the Senate, then?
Well, fellow ackazens, the nomic way is to affect change by one's own
actions. Niccolo Flychuck in the Senate will be make for a liberal,
non-conservative Senate. A vote for Niccolo Flychuck is a vote for change,
a vote for Nomic.

Vote for Niccolo Flychuck for Senator.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 03:30:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackackacka

I play my Otzma Card of type Art Thief on:

  The statue of snowgod made entirely of Blue Jello.

I believe there is a 9% chance that this will fail.

Koxvolio.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 07:11:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Frank Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Webpages

Slakko and K2, in case you didn't yet do it, could
you please readjust the links to the organization
pages, or can someone else do it? (Slakko has the
directory as 'org', K2 as 'orgs')

JMB
"Losing deposits, losing deposits, who'll come
a-losing deposits with me?"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 08:25:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Assorted Org-Harferness/Financierness

Just some recent Org actions that are in progress...

Org Actions completed:
Church of EBS finished building a SoC for Koxvolio at 28 Jun 1998
09:01:26
Vulcan finished building a SoC for /dev/joe at  28 Jun 1998 13:27:35
Moral Kiosk finished building a SoC for Rex Mundi at 28 Jun 1998
16:37:50

Org Actions Pending:
On 26 Jun 1998 18:55:00 MTM suggested Fortunato be accepted into the
Twits.
On 28 Jun 1998 04:44:58 K 2 Approved.
On 28 Jun 1998 16:08:59 Rex Mundi Approved? But e is not a member.
No further approval *required*...

On 28 Jun 1998 04:44:58 K 2 suggested JT be accepted into the Twits.
On 28 Jun 1998 07:45:20 MTM Approved.
On 28 Jun 1998 16:08:59 Rex Mundi Approved.
One more approval required...

Org Actions Starting:
I suggest that the Twits adopt a Communist Single Player membership
policy.
[This way Rex Mundi (who has also applied) can be admitted without a
full org-action]

Player Actions Pending:
On 29 Jun 1998 19:34:49 Koxvolio innitiated a SoC Trade to Wild Card
(mis-spelled H*bert).

On 30 Jun 1998 11:58:34 MTM finished building a SoC.

K 2

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 09:29:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka : Senate Elections - Niccolo Flychuck to the Senate!

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Uri Bruck wrote:
> 
> Vote for Niccolo Flychuck for Senator.
> 

While I applaud Mr. Flychuck's call for a liberal Senate, I do wonder if
he is really the man to give it to us.  This, after all, is a player who
has long opposed the expansion of the Senate's powers, has on sevreal
occasions acted to reduce its powers, and was once known for the
regularity of his proposals to repeal the Senate entirely (about one every
two weeks, for awhile there).  Granted, its been awhile since he tried to
repeal the Senate outright, but I am just the tiniest bit suspicious about
what he mean when he says he will make the Senate more liberal.

As I'm sure you all know, I too am running for Senate.  Now I know what
you're thinking.  You're remembering that whole unpleasant business with
Vulcan.  All I have to say is, "Come on! If we were stupid enough to vote
that in, then we deserved a dictatorship!"  I'd like to point out that
when the Vulcan coup first began, I was not a member of that organization.
Nevertheless, I had the saavy and political know how to seize the
initiative, and translated it into an otherwise completely unmerited place
on the ruling council.  These are my actions, and I feel they speak louder
than the words of the other candidates.  I know how the system works,
and I know how to use it to get results.  As a Crazy-French Scotsman AND
Evil Overlord of Ackanomic (Retired), I believe I am uniquely well
qualified to represent the peoples of Ackanomic, and I ask you to vote for
me in the upcoming election.  Thank you, and may the force be with you.

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 09:59:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Oops: Acka: Assorted Org-Harferness/Financierness

> Org Actions Pending:
> On 26 Jun 1998 18:55:00 MTM suggested Fortunato be accepted into the
> Twits.
> On 28 Jun 1998 04:44:58 K 2 Approved.
> On 28 Jun 1998 16:08:59 Rex Mundi Approved? But e is not a member.
> One more approval *required*...

Rex Mundi, else...if and rufus became members of The Twits on
14/06/1998  18:21:05 (2/3 approve, 1 Vacation)

As a result 3/7 have approved both of these actions (above and bellow).

> On 28 Jun 1998 04:44:58 K 2 suggested JT be accepted into the Twits.
> On 28 Jun 1998 07:45:20 MTM Approved.
> On 28 Jun 1998 16:08:59 Rex Mundi Approved.
> Two more approvals required...
>

Which makes this action all the more important...

> Org Actions Starting:
> I suggest that the Twits adopt a Communist Single Player membership
> policy.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 09:59:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Purchase

Alfvaen's most recent stock purchase:
Market Value: 28.6
Unrounded Unit Stock Purchase Price: 30.03
RUSPP: 31
Total Cost: A$ 155

I purchase 3 stocks:
Market Value: 28.6-0.125*2
UUSPP: 29.9
RUSPP: 30
Total Cost: A$ 90

K 2
OiCoWTTO.

Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> I purchase 5 stocks.
>
> --
> --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
> Current Album--Luscious Jackson:Fever In Fever Out
> Current Book--David Brin:Heaven's Reach
> Watch out for the Alerted Snakes of Consequence.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 10:06:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Oops: Acka: Assorted Org-Harferness/Financierness

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, K2 wrote:

> 
> As a result 3/7 have approved both of these actions (above and bellow).
> 
> > On 28 Jun 1998 04:44:58 K 2 suggested JT be accepted into the Twits.
> > On 28 Jun 1998 07:45:20 MTM Approved.
> > On 28 Jun 1998 16:08:59 Rex Mundi Approved.
I approve.

> > Two more approvals required...
> >
> 
> Which makes this action all the more important...
> 
> > Org Actions Starting:
> > I suggest that the Twits adopt a Communist Single Player membership
> > policy.
> 
I approve this too.

rufus

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 12:39:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stock purchase

I am purchasing 7 stocks.

                               - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 15:32:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Assorted Org-Harferness/Financierness

>Org Actions Starting:
>I suggest that the Twits adopt a Communist Single Player membership
>policy.

I support this suggestion.

- --
- --Alfvaen (Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--Rose Chronicles:Shiver
Current Book--David Brin:Heaven's Reach
"Can, open...worms, everywhere!"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 16:20:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The Infrequent Ackan Volume 1 Issue 26

Volume 1, Issue 26
July 1, 1998
This issue's slogan:
"More Fun Than a Barrel of Uncountably Many Items"
In this issue:
1. Editorial
2. Apologies and Retractions.
3. Poll Question #8 Results
4. More Ackanomic News
5. The Party Chess Report
6. Sub-Game Summary
7. Advertisement		
	 	 
Editorial

Holiday - Celebrate

As is to be expected in a game of such a cerebral nature, the end of
university terms has seen a large number of people go on vacation for the
summer. This is only to be expected, however it is hoped that Ackanomic
will not be reduced to a skeleton crew until the return in September and
October.

To those who are leaving shortly, have a good break, and return refreshed
and full of interesting proposal ideas. To those who are staying, be
prepared to increase your proposal output and keep the wheels of
mutability turning.

As I have announced, I will be on vacation for three weeks next month. I
hope that this will not inconvenience too many people, and that my absence
will not be disruptive in the least. At this point I should probably thank
all those people who have acted so as to enable my vacation to take place
(by writing the appropriate vacation rules). Thank you, you know who you
are.

My Stance on Retroactivity

As some of you are aware, back when the first ever State of Crisis was
issued I was strongly opposed to the use of retroactivity to solve the
problem. Mr. Tambourine Man's continuing question over the
self-invalidation of a CFJ verdict is an illustration of what can go wierd
when retroactivity is introduced.

So why have I suddenly come out in favour of retroactivity? Why, in fact,
have I submitted a proposal clearly designed to have retroactive effect? 
I guess I've become less opposed to use of retroactivity when it is
necessary and no other option will do. The trinket case really did need
some level of retroactivity to go back and "unmake" the negative valued
trinkets which the unfortunate sequence of amendments to the Trinket rule
created.

In this case, without retroactivity, we will have been without a Clerk of
the Courts, Ambassador, or Count Tabula for a period of two weeks.
Further, as there is no President, only an Acting President, the
fast-track impeachment method is unavailable, leaving only the slow
process of a full Impeachment Paper. This would leave Acka with three
weeks without the possibility of elections or any kind of judicial
determinations. Elections can be survived, but three weeks without any
chance of making Judgements can seriously impact the game.

So please, vote YES on Proposal 3239, and save us from being stuck in a
dead-end game state.

Tardiness

Yes, this issue is late. That is, if you are under the assumption that
this should be a weekly newspaper. I've had some trouble keeping up with
the regular issuance of the Ackan lately, for both RL and Ackan reasons.
Within Acka, of course, I have for the past week been fulfilling the roles
of 7 offices rather than my usual 4 or 5. This kind of gets dull after a
while.

In RL, I have been experiencing end-of-year busyness, as the traditional
garden parties and May Week Events (yes, it's June, but we're in Cambridge
so it doesn't matter). I therefore apologise to those who (wierd though
they must be) rely on this paper as a useful news source. I can only try
to be regular here - I can never guarantee it, hence the masthead.	 	 

Letters to the Ackan are always welcome. We will publish contributors
within reason, because our aim is to provide Ackans with a comprehensive
news and opinions service. This includes opinions contradicting the paper,
so feel free to criticise editorial comments. 

If you want your opinions heard, or letters published, please send them to
[email-masked]. 

Send a stamped self-addressed email to the address listed above, marked
"Acka: Ackan" and we'll do our best to get back to you.
Have another good Ackan week - banna willing we'll be back again soon.

Slakko
Editor, The Infrequent Ackan 

Apologies and Retractions

The Ackan apologises for labelling thwapping as a Crime. Thwapping is not
a Crime, and is indeed an unregulated event. As a result of failing to
spot this error, the relevant sub-editor was soundly thwapped, before
being shot. He was able to tell the difference between the two, even
though neither had an effect on the game state.

If you think you have found an error in the Ackan, point it out! A
"clean-out" around the office can be quite fun sometimes - especially when
I decide to get creative.

The Ackan heartily apologises for any damage or difficulties caused by the
omission of such errors and/or omissions.

Poll Question Results

Question Number 9 was asked in our last issue:

Are you utterly sick of Witchhunts?
(a) - Burn the Middle Ages! (as suggested by Niccolo Flychuck).
(b) - Frankly I'm getting a little tired of it.
(c) - I don't really have an opinion, I just want a chance at that
brilliant Trinket.
(d) - I don't see any need to repeal it yet.
(e) - BURN IN AGONY, INFIDEL!

A significant number of votes were received, a good indication that this
issue is very relevant to the Ackan on the street (either that or people
are desperate for A$10 - you work it out).

The most popular selection was to see the Middle Ages themselves burnt, a
choice which received total support of 44%. 

Next most popular was the other extreme option, which wanted to see me
burn in agony. Unfortunately for those who were behind this push, which
received 25% of the vote, their EBSes had no effect and so I was not burnt
as they had suggested.

The other options received varying small amounts of the vote, being 16%,
12% and 3%. Will this consensus of sorts be enough to see legislation
through? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The winner of this week's trinket is else...if. Eir trinket will be
presented in a ceremony to be organised soonish.

Remember, your opinion does matter to us here at the Ackan. Another
question will arrive next issue, if the Great EBS is willing. It costs
very little of your time to enter, and there's always the chance of that
Trinket, so please respond to the Great Infrequent Ackan Poll Competition!

More Ackanomic News

Another Win?

With the judgement of CFJ 611 as TRUE on Wednesday the 17th, Slakko
received consecutive wins. This was his third win, putting em in second
place for all-time wins behind saaremaa, and becoming only the second
player (again behind saaremaa) to achieve consecutive wins (saaremaa of
course achieved the colossal performance of 4 consecutive cycle wins, 13
through 16).

Illuminatus in Hiding

Alfvaen, the Illuminatus last month, went into hiding for a period of
time. The rules specify that the Illuminatus must call for Agenda
Conditions when no such call has occurred in the current cycle. Alfvaen
went well beyond the 3 days allotted for such a task, yet failed to
perform it. In a pitiful attempt to evade the issue, e resigned his post
in the hope that no-one would bother to prosecute him for denying them a
chance at Agenda Conditions. 

Stripe Delay

With Mr. Tambourine Man's temporary period of uncontactability, and
breadbox's similar unintentional disappearance, elections for the next
President have been a slow process. The ballots are still open, so cast
your vote soon, often and wisely.

As a result, the number of players around in positions to award Stripes
has fallen. As ProConsul (by virtue of being Speaker), Alfvaen may still
award Blue Crosses, as may the surviving Senators, JT and Rex Mundi. This
also entitles them to award all other Medals for which an award notice is
required.

Hopefully, then, saaremaa will not have long to wait for eir Silver
Stripe. During the week, enough of eir proposals passed to see eir Blue
Cross Rank march through 310, no doubt on the way to a magnificent 340 and
a second Ruby Slipper.

Alternatively, someone in a position able to do this (e.g. Speaker
Alfvaen, or Senator JT) could just pull their finger out and do it right
now.

Court Report

With Mr. Tambourine Man, the Clerk of the Court, previously on an
unfortunately unintentional yet retroactive but somehow still being harfed
even though it hasn't happened yet vacation, court duties for a while last
month passed to Slakko. 

It appears that the job of running the courts entails receiving a large
number of CFJs oneself. This happened in JT's abortive attempt to run the
CotC's Office (foiled only by the Rules, gee what a shame), and was also a
feature of Mr. Tambourine Man's stay in the office (no doubt due to eir
long-time possession of the Purple Robe of Justice).

Decisions handed down recently have condemned the Mu-Cow Hunter to removal
from the game, for the heinous crime of not being a person but trying to
play the game anyway. Such vicious crimes as these must be punished
severely.

New Players

Welcome to the Horny Protoceratops and to Zaknafien Dourden. We hope your
stay in Acka will be most pleasant, and that you will become strongly
active members of a highly involved community.

The new players have been presented with their initial A$900 (which were
partially taxed in rather quick time, unfortunately), and also with a
house and a kaa of land to stick it on. Zaknafien received kaa J12, handy
for Vulcan Headquarters and visits to the Monolith. Meanwhile, Horny
Protoceratops received kaa K4, in the district rapidly becoming known as
"Cambridge Row".

Financial Follies

Prices during the past month hit an all-time low at a mere 15.5 Stock
Value. However, this low appears to be about as low as the Market can get,
with the Positivity Index bottoming out at an unbelievable 0.0 due to some
very pessimistic proposal voting.

Now is still the time to buy, as the current settings imply that long-term
gains are still quite likely. Those who got in at the bottom will be very
glad to make the gains they already have, but we predict that further
benefits await the patient investor.

The Way We Were

Back on the 1st of July, 1996, Ackanomic was still fiddling with the
nature of the Cycle Win rule.  CFJ 187, which alleged that Ackanomic play
could not continue, was appealed to the Supreme Court.  It was later ruled
FALSE, indicating that Rule 666 did not invoke itself an infinite number
of times.

ThinMan, the Financier and therefore the Officer in charge of the Free
Market, declared that there were severe difficulties in determining the
actual amounts of money that each player had.  E was forced to wait for
Wayne to provide em with Score information before this task could even
begin to be completed.

Proposals distributed on this day included those which inaugurated Party
Hall Parties (which have sadly been discontinued), and the Silly Vacation
Hats, a class of fashion items whose fame has outlived their existence by
a long way.

On the 1st of July, 1997, Calvin N Hobbes
provided us with a delightful image of his meeting with Phoebe the Steel
Flea, full of film-noir style atmosphere.  Worthy perhaps of a Silver
Moon?

/dev/joe presented a number of Stripe awards.  Malenkai received yet
another Silver Stripe, Calvin N Hobbes received his second, while Robert
Sevin achieved the Gold Stripe which was eir most recent Stripe
acquisition.  To think, it has been one year since e was awarded a Stripe
last.  What changes we have seen since then.

A discussion on default votes led breadbox to launch a missive in support
of abstentions, and the maintenance of a quorum requirement.  This
missive's opinions have remained those of a majority of Ackazens, even
though at the time Guy Fawkes came out in favour of abolishing quorum
altogether, while Robert Sevin was quite happy to see "default votes" stay
as they were.

The Party Chess Report

Over the last three weeks, we have seen little strategic change in the
overall state of Party Chess.  Koxvolio was fortunate enough to gain a
Stabber's Knife through the apathy of the Klingon party in the absence of
Mr. Tambourine Man.  E has continued eir domination of Swingpoints, with a
Weight of 93 leaving room to move while still keeping a good lead over the
pack.

Others, meanwhile, have been hoping that more aggressive strategies will
outweigh a few weeks of high weights.  Slakko's attempt to create multiple
checks was spotted early by 867-5309, who decided discretion was the
better part of valour.  Alfvaen, meanwhile, had prepared the groundwork
thoroughly to enable placement for protection.

/dev/joe remains firmly fixed in the lower left corner of the board,
building up a large collection of pawns for some obscure strategy.  Eir
King appears pretty well Kamikaze proof, while the Cantor enables the
Pawns to jump a lot closer to the centre of the board than many other
players would no doubt like to see them.

Sub Game Summary

"Every week - every subgame". 

Bacon

Game 2 of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is proving an interesting tussle
between Alfvaen and K 2.  While one might expect the game's inventor to
have a significant advantage, the plucky Australian is fighting back with
some obscure choices leading to a closely fought game.  We can only hope
it remains this interesting.

Eleusis

Game 1 has just entered Round 2, with /dev/joe the big scorer in Round 1,
amassing a modest yet significant 7 points.  Mr. Tambourine Man's vacation
failed to clear eir thoughts, as eir first play on return was a failure,
leaving em with a mere 3 gamepoints.  867-5309, the Deus for Round 1, was
disappointed to score only /dev/joe's 7, as e was hoping that someone
would twig to the numerous clues e provided.

Game 2 appears moribund for the moment, with no plays having occurred for
a long time.  Will it ever restart, or will inertia get the better of
everyone?

Fictionary

"zeugma" proved to be almost as inefficient a Fictionary round as
"geniculate".  Fortunately Attila the Pun was kind enough to list the
definitions, enabling public voting to commence.  However, e failed to
post the overall voting results, leaving that job up to the Scorekeeper,
who happened to be a non-player.  We can only hope Round 9, which may turn
out to be the final round, will be a little more entertaining, and
hopefully a lot more complete.

Grab-a-Donkey

Grab-a-Donkey is now 12 rounds old, but may well take some time yet.  With
4 of the 6 remaining players safe from immediate elimination, the
likelihood of a one-round win is extremely low.  However, we all probably
said that at a similar stage last game (when 6 players participated in
what turned out to be the final round).	 

Viruses

After 6 rounds of Viruses, the game has settled down into a strategic
battle.  Each player has settled on one or two areas to look for
dominance, hoping that they will provide sufficient viruscounts to
overwhelm the other players and grab the valuable Viruspoints.
As the game stands, acquiring the Viruspoints has been very tricky.  With
at least half the rounds so far failing to produce an outright winner, we
could be in for a very very long game before anyone can claim 10 won
rounds (and hence 10 Viruspoints).

The early contenders for the lead appear to be Alfvaen, JT and Slakko.
Alfvaen has shown prowess at Viruses before, while Slakko's last
participation promised much early before failing to capitalise on
opportunities for round after round.  JT's Virus ability is the unknown
quantity in this equation which should make for an enthralling game.

Word Un-Association 

Word Un-Association's continuing malaise - what else - continues.  Results
are still awaited for Round 2.7 in Game 2, where we wait to see whether or
not Koxvolio can pull out an insurmountable lead over Slakko and JT.  Eir
amazing link of "llano" to "ugly" via "plain", outstandingly obvious with
20-20 hindsight, nonetheless led to an amazing 6 point haul, and the
decision of two players to leave the game.

YORL

Alfvaen's attempt to clear out the YORL loose ends last month grounded
itself in a sleeping Bard.  The disinterest of other Bards saw consecutive
passes to Slakko, who then attempted to introduce some life back into this
slumbering giant of a game.

Unfortunately, Alfvaen successfully interrupted at the first play, thereby
preventing Slakko from making any significant story (or card) progress.
On Alfvaen's next shot, though, an oversight led to an incorrect play,
which was nonetheless interrupted successfully (with another coincidental
card pickup).

So, now Slakko is in control of the story.  With impending vacation
coming, though, will e get anywhere significant before Alfvaen gets
another chance to finish it all off?

Duel Summary

Since our last issue, all duels have been resolved.  867-5309 was the
victor over Goldenmean due to sufficient apathy from the
Alfvaen-Goldenmean duo.  A shame that the Long Duel should have to finish
this way, but not an altogether unexpected result.

Advertisements

The Ackan is still looking for more interviews. If you have yet to respond
to the Ackan call for interviews, and have held a public office in Acka
for at least one month continuously at any stage in Acka's history, then
the staff of the Infrequent Ackan would like to hear from you. Just email
us at [email-masked] with the keywords "Acka: Ackan" and say you would
like to do an interview. That's all. If you are accepted (which, let's
face it, is still pretty likely at this stage) then someone from the Ackan
will be around to contact you shortly. 
 	 	 	 	 
The Infrequent Ackan, first to you with Ackan news.
Copyright  Duncan Richer writing under the pseudonym of "Slakko", 1st July
1998.
Check us out on the web, at
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/Acka/infrequent.html 		

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 16:37:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: the ACK lives

                   Ackanomic Cyclopedia of Knowledge
Volume 1 issue 7                                            July 1, 1998
==========================================================================
Apology
- -------
Due to computer problems at the ACK, the material about the big treasure
/dev/joe buried last month is not yet ready.  As a result, this issue is
a little empty.  Hopefully the material will appear in an extra issue to
be released before the end of the month.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 16:47:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Trade

I offer to trade my Whamiol to SPAM for A$1.

I suggest that SPAM accept the trade of Slakko's Whamiol for A$1.
All other non-vacationing members have proxied, so it happens (I believe).

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - Web-Harfer,RuneMaker,ChessUmpire,Map-Harfer - www.ackanomic.org

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #217
*******************************