Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #203
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest        Saturday, June 20 1998        Volume 03 : Number 203

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 17:17:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Prediction

> >This is all very well and good.  Will you be able to do this tomorrow, on
> >Solstice day, for those Proposals coming due the day after that?  I.E.
> >read Rule 1304 more closely.  (Like I did a week or so ago...)

> Hrm.. when I checked the page a day or so ago, I thought it said solstice
> was the 20th.  IE, that's why I was doing it today.  However, the page now
> says that solstice is the 21st, and I don't really have the desire to go
> and check some official source, trusting that alfvaen has in fact done so.
> In that case, I'll make other predictions tomorrow (just to cover my bases
> :)

Well, the Vernal Equinox was on the 20th, but the Summer Solstice is the
21st of June, tomorrow.  And yes, I did check on some astronomical site or
other, early in January; interestingly, it gave times that were slightly
different from /dev/joe's for 1997, but I figured it was close enough.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--The Damned:The Light At The End of The Tunnel
Current Book--Nicole Luiken:Overdue
Exquisite farm wench gives body jolt to prize stinker.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:02:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 625 (Fortunato)

Fortunato has been chosen.

Call for Judgement 625
Subject: Existence of Sin Rules
Initiator: saaremaa (sent June 20 1998, 15:06 Acka)
Judge: Fortunato

Statement:

There exists a rule whose title contains the 
string "The Deadly Sin of Annoying the Harfers".

saaremaa's reasoning:

[None]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:14:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Raft

K 2 has found the Great Raft of Ackanomic today.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--The Damned:The Light At The End of The Tunnel
Current Book--Nicole Luiken:Overdue
Many-wived Jack laughs at probes of sex quiz.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:19:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Prediction

> > Hrm.. when I checked the page a day or so ago, I thought it said solstice
> > was the 20th.  IE, that's why I was doing it today.  However, the page now
> > says that solstice is the 21st
> 
> Well, the Vernal Equinox was on the 20th, but the Summer Solstice is the
> 21st of June, tomorrow.  And yes, I did check on some astronomical site or
> other, early in January; interestingly, it gave times that were slightly
> different from /dev/joe's for 1997, but I figured it was close enough.

The times *should* be slightly different, since the time from one solstice
to the next is about one full year -- 365.24 days -- but the time between
midnight June 20th 1997 and midnight June 20th 1998 is only 365 days.

I tried to find the time for this year's summer solstice on the web, but
did not succeed.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:26:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: acknomic.org addresses.

If you'd like an ackanomic.org email alias, let me know.  I don't have any
illusions of making this a required by the rules thing.  

IB

For Alfvaen's benefit I have already made an email alias for K 2
<[email-masked]>

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #203
*******************************