Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #199
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Wednesday, June 17 1998       Volume 03 : Number 199

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 01:08:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 611 (Cortex of the Golden Frog)

JT wrote:
 
> The Cortex of the Golden Frog has been selected.
> Call for Judgement 611 - June 9, 1998

> Statement:

> The statements which have been distributed by JT labelled as CFCJ 166 and
> CFCJ 167 are not, in fact, CFCJs.

It is the opinion of the Cortex of the Golden Frog that this statement
is true.

- -----

It appears to be game custom that a forwarded message from another
player to the main forum constitutes a public message by the original
player.  It least the rules are being interpreted that way w.r.t the CotC,
Mr. Tambourine Man, going on vacation on 6/6/98, 00:49 acka time. 

Later that day, at 18:09, Alfvaen wrote:

> If it is the case that Mr. Tambourine Man is on Vacation, then I appoint
> JT Acting Clerk of the Courts.  Someone submit a thread-dependent CFJ
> about whether or not MTM is on Vacation to em.  :-)

This didn't have any effect, as Alfvaen has no power to appoint an
acting CotC in the stead of a vacationing one.  It has been less than
14 days between the time this action was attempted and the time this
CFJ was called which questions, in part, the effect of that attempted
action, so the retroactivity clause does not fix it.  Thus the CFCJs
in this CFJ's statement were never distributed by the CotC (or acting
CotC Slakko*), thus they do not exist, thus the statement on which
judgement was called is TRUE.

The Court also notes that all other apparent CFJs distributed since 
the CotC went on vacation do not exist either, including this one.  Hence
this "reasoning" is comments only, and there is no penalty to the 
appealer.

*As for why Slakko is acting CotC:

Rule 255 says:

> The duties of any offices held by the player shall be performed 
> by the Speaker or someone appointed by the Speaker, unless some other 
> rule provides for an Acting Officer or some other assignment (including 
> possible non-assignment) of these duties (or the office). 

Rule 403, though, provides for the acting officer in the case of a
functional officer:

> (iii) A Functional Officer going on vacation shall be judged to have 
> vacated his Seat for the period of the vacation, after which he shall 
> hold the Seat once again. At his discretion, the President may appoint 
> a volunteer to fill an "Acting" role for a Functional Office vacated 
> by vacation. In this case, there shall be no action to fill the empty
> Seat. This section takes precedence over section (vi) of this Rule. 
> 
> (iv) Whenever a Functional Office has a vacant Seat, and there is 
> no Acting Officer for that Seat, the President is to be the Acting Officer
> for that Seat, unless the rules define another officer to be an Acting 
> Officer for that particular office. 

Note that rule 255 does not provide for an acting officer for *that 
particular office*, thus rule 403 satisfies rule 255's requirement, and
they are not, in fact, deferring to each other, and the President is 
acting CotC because e has not appointed anyone.  Moreover, this is how
it has been done for a long time, thus a preponderance of the game custom
supports this interpretation.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 01:18:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 618 (Cortex of the Golden Frog)

JT wrote:
 
> The Cortex of the Golden Frog has been selected.
> Dennis and Edna is acting Justice for the Vacationing Mr. Tambourine Man.

> Call For Judgement 618 - June 15th, 1998

> Statement:

> A short time after the adoption of Proposal 3194, the text in Rule 340
> that read "{{The Gingham Wearer loses two points. Alfvaen gains two
> points. [He reminded me about the need to do this.]}}" was applied
> once and then deleted.

It is the opinion of the Cortex of the Golden Frog that this statement
is TRUE.

- -----

We agree with CFJ 606 but think the appropriate reasoning is more along
these lines: The game custom in support of 606, and the single application
of rule text comes from language such as: 'This rule creates the magic
potato', or 'This rule creates an entity known as the voting gnome',
or 'X hereby exists' blah blah blah.  There has been plenty of this over
the years, and most likely there still is, and it is clear that such
language does not create infinite instances of those things.

We do, however, also agree with the original judge in this special case,
solely because the definition of self-deleting text is scoped to include
the text and the brackets, and the rule specifically applies the 
self-deleting text's content, which was just defined as such by the
recent amendment.  The appealer's reasoning is not relevant; there is
no requirement that {{text}} be "inserted" to be self-deleting text.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 01:24:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Acting CotC

Slakko,
	If you wish to appoint me to acting CotC, I would be happy to take
on the responsibility :)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 01:30:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Acka: Busy

I offer my most abject apologies to the citizens of Ackanomic, and to
the Mu-cow Hunter, not that he cares.

I have been unable to devote much attention to the game or my responsabilities
therein for the better part of a week.  I anticipate trying to catch up,
particularly on my Judicial responsabilities, within the next day or two.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 01:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 611 (Cortex of the Golden Frog)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Randy Hall wrote:

> JT wrote:
>  
> > The Cortex of the Golden Frog has been selected.
> > Call for Judgement 611 - June 9, 1998
> 
> > Statement:
> 
> > The statements which have been distributed by JT labelled as CFCJ 166 and
> > CFCJ 167 are not, in fact, CFCJs.
> 
> It is the opinion of the Cortex of the Golden Frog that this statement
> is true.
> 
> -----
> 
> It appears to be game custom that a forwarded message from another
> player to the main forum constitutes a public message by the original
> player.  It least the rules are being interpreted that way w.r.t the CotC,
> Mr. Tambourine Man, going on vacation on 6/6/98, 00:49 acka time. 
> 
> Later that day, at 18:09, Alfvaen wrote:
> 
> > If it is the case that Mr. Tambourine Man is on Vacation, then I appoint
> > JT Acting Clerk of the Courts.  Someone submit a thread-dependent CFJ
> > about whether or not MTM is on Vacation to em.  :-)
> 
> This didn't have any effect, as Alfvaen has no power to appoint an
> acting CotC in the stead of a vacationing one.  It has been less than
> 14 days between the time this action was attempted and the time this
> CFJ was called which questions, in part, the effect of that attempted
> action, so the retroactivity clause does not fix it.  Thus the CFCJs
> in this CFJ's statement were never distributed by the CotC (or acting
> CotC Slakko*), thus they do not exist, thus the statement on which
> judgement was called is TRUE.
> 
> The Court also notes that all other apparent CFJs distributed since 
> the CotC went on vacation do not exist either, including this one.  Hence
> this "reasoning" is comments only, and there is no penalty to the 
> appealer.
> 
> *As for why Slakko is acting CotC:
> 
> Rule 255 says:
> 
> > The duties of any offices held by the player shall be performed 
> > by the Speaker or someone appointed by the Speaker, unless some other 
> > rule provides for an Acting Officer or some other assignment (including 
> > possible non-assignment) of these duties (or the office). 
> 
> Rule 403, though, provides for the acting officer in the case of a
> functional officer:
> 
> > (iii) A Functional Officer going on vacation shall be judged to have 
> > vacated his Seat for the period of the vacation, after which he shall 
> > hold the Seat once again. At his discretion, the President may appoint 
> > a volunteer to fill an "Acting" role for a Functional Office vacated 
> > by vacation. In this case, there shall be no action to fill the empty
> > Seat. This section takes precedence over section (vi) of this Rule. 
> > 
> > (iv) Whenever a Functional Office has a vacant Seat, and there is 
> > no Acting Officer for that Seat, the President is to be the Acting Officer
> > for that Seat, unless the rules define another officer to be an Acting 
> > Officer for that particular office. 
> 
> Note that rule 255 does not provide for an acting officer for *that 
> particular office*, thus rule 403 satisfies rule 255's requirement, and
> they are not, in fact, deferring to each other, and the President is 
> acting CotC because e has not appointed anyone.  Moreover, this is how
> it has been done for a long time, thus a preponderance of the game custom
> supports this interpretation.

What President?  There is no President, as my term of office expired on
June 13th.  So who is acting CotC now?

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 01:42:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CWCFJ

Statement:

Slakko achieved a Winning Condition within the last week.

CFJ Reasoning:

Well, just a few minutes ago (from the time this was sent), I sent a
public message donating A$5001 worth of Trinkets to the Treasury.  I have
not achieved a Museum Winning Condition before, and hence I achieve a
Winning Condition courtesy of the Museum Rule, Rule 850.  (It says that I
win the Cycle, but Rule 600 takes precedence and interprets it to mean
achieving a Winning Condition instead).

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 01:53:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 611 (Thread Beta) (Fortunato)

Fortunato has been selected.

Call For Judgement 611 (Thread Beta)
Initiator: Slakko (sent June 17, 1998 01:42 Acka)
Subject: Museum Cycle Win
Judge: Fortunato

Statement:

Slakko achieved a Winning Condition within the last week.

Slakko's Reasoning:

Well, just a few minutes ago (from the time this was sent), I sent a
public message donating A$5001 worth of Trinkets to the Treasury.  I have
not achieved a Museum Winning Condition before, and hence I achieve a
Winning Condition courtesy of the Museum Rule, Rule 850.  (It says that I
win the Cycle, but Rule 600 takes precedence and interprets it to mean
achieving a Winning Condition instead).

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 02:18:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Nominations

It appears that, as Acting President, I am also Acting Count Tabula.

Nominations are now open for the Office of President.
Nominations are now open for two Seats of the Office of Senator.

Yours,
Slakko
Acting President
Acting Clerk of the Courts
Acting Count Tabula
and I've still got four real Offices
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 02:22:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Welcome to the Junta

I am currently Acting President, Acting CotC, and Acting Count Tabula.
This means no Impeachment Paper can remove me from those three Offices (as
I am already holding them in an Acting capacity, nothing will change).
I'm just wondering - is it actually worth it to me to form a strongarm
military dictatorship using my powers from these three Offices to crush
any opposition?

Ideas welcomed.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 03:21:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ambassadorness

INP 379
submitted by Macrononomic

        All instances of the name "MicroNomic II" in the rules and
gamestate shall be changed to "The People's Republic of MacroNomic"

A Hearing starts on this now.
Verdicts to me please.
Valid verdicts are "FOR" and "AGAINST"
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 03:44:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka :Swingpoint->Benefyt

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Uri Bruck wrote:
> 
> > 
> > I am converting 10 of my Swingpoints into 1 Benefyt
> 
> Sorry, no.  This is a transfer of the same type as your last transfer, and
> not a conversion of Swingpoints into points.  Hence you need to wait a
> fortnight, not just a week, by Rule 1044.

Right. In that case I convert 4 of my Swingpoints into 1 Bonus Vote

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 06:50:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Vacation.

 I go on vacation.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 07:14:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Frank Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Vacation

I go on vacation.

Please take me off all lists, except for ackanomic,
acka-voting, acka-research and acka-metamorph,
where I would like to be put on the digest version.
Thanks.

J. M. Bear

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:41:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 611 (Thread Beta) (Fortunato)

> Call For Judgement 611 (Thread Beta)

FWIW, it was my recommendation that the numbering of any new CFJs
start where the old ones left off, and the old ones be left in the
archive marked as opinions or the like.

saaremaa

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:53:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Nominations

I nominate myself for the Senate.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:13:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Nominations

>It appears that, as Acting President, I am also Acting Count Tabula.

Uh-uh.  I believe that the Tabulator rule still specifies the Tabulator
as performing the duties of Count Tabula.  ICOCBW.  (This is why I want
to clean up the Acting Officer rules...)

I apologize for thinking that I could still appoint an Acting Clerk of
The Courts.  I guess I was thinking of how the CotC was the default
Acting Speaker, and thinking it must be the other way around as well.
Anyway, I give A$7 to the Twits.

- --
- --Alfvaen (Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Song In My Head--Nik Kershaw:City of Angels
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
And if sometimes I can't seem to talk, you'll know this blackboard lacks a
piece of chalk

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:35:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Welcome to the Junta

Nah.  You should use your powers in a creative way, to complete remove
all abilities from any of the offices, and put yourself at the mercy of
every single other player.  They'd call you "Slakko the Anti-Emperor".
Wouldn't that different and new?  :)

Fortunato

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	Duncan Richer [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent:	Wednesday, June 17, 1998 1:23 AM
>To:	Ackanomic Main Mailing List
>Subject:	Acka: Welcome to the Junta
>
>I am currently Acting President, Acting CotC, and Acting Count Tabula.
>This means no Impeachment Paper can remove me from those three Offices (as
>I am already holding them in an Acting capacity, nothing will change).
>I'm just wondering - is it actually worth it to me to form a strongarm
>military dictatorship using my powers from these three Offices to crush
>any opposition?
>
>Ideas welcomed.
>
>-- 
>Duncan C. "" Richer aka
>Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
>Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
>Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer
>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:03:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Nominations

>I nominate myself for the Senate.
>
>Rex Mundi.
>
I call for a snowgod's hearing to be called on me.
I give 1 A$ to the twits
I hit myself on the head with Rex's golden shovel of stupidity.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:09:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: D'oh!

breadbox is actually responsible for the nominations, not me.
My mistake - rule 408 clearly states that e is Acting Count Tabula (and e
is already violating efficiency by at least 1 day by not having announced
the start of nominations).

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Ackanomic - Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:34:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 611 (Thread Beta) (Fortunato)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Randy Hall wrote:

>> Call For Judgement 611 (Thread Beta)
>
>FWIW, it was my recommendation that the numbering of any new CFJs
>start where the old ones left off, and the old ones be left in the
>archive marked as opinions or the like.
>
>saaremaa

Which would make this 620 not 611, that's all.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:53:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Treasure Burial

It's time for me to bury that big treasure I wrote about in the ACK.
I am not yet ready to reveal the clues for it yet, but I want to get
it buried now before I get taxed for it any more times than necessary.

To make the treasure more valuable, I will include in it a number of
trinkets I have acquired from past treasure hunts, many of which are
antiquities already.

I am burying the Crystal Grapefruit, Blarney Stone, Snail Shell,
Square Peg and Round Hole, Puzzle Box, and Lake Vostok as a treasure.
These trinkets total A$580 in value.

The Crystal Grapefruit, Snail Shell, Square Peg and Round Hole, and
Lake Vostok (over A$450 of trinkets) are antiquities.

[Note to treasure harfer: the Square Peg and Round Hole was the
trinket Guy Fawkes buried in treasure 179.]

Hints will come in the future at an unspecified time, but the next issue
of the ACK (keen-eyed treasure hunters may be able to predict when this
will come out) is a likely candidate.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:02:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 611 (Thread Beta) (TRUE)

Fortunato has judged this TRUE without comment.

Call For Judgement 611 (Thread Beta)
Initiator: Slakko (sent June 17, 1998 01:42 Acka)
Subject: Museum Cycle Win
Judge: Fortunato

Statement:

Slakko achieved a Winning Condition within the last week.

Slakko's Reasoning:

Well, just a few minutes ago (from the time this was sent), I sent a
public message donating A$5001 worth of Trinkets to the Treasury.  I have
not achieved a Museum Winning Condition before, and hence I achieve a
Winning Condition courtesy of the Museum Rule, Rule 850.  (It says that I
win the Cycle, but Rule 600 takes precedence and interprets it to mean
achieving a Winning Condition instead).

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:11:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Reharfing the CFJ split

Not a lot of reharfing of the game state due to JT not really being CotC
is necessary, but some is, certainly.

All CFJ's JT distributed were not actually CFJ's.  In cases where these
CFJ's were already judged and not appealed, it is likely that no further
CFJ need be re-distributed, since an interpretation of whatever was going
on has been made and (implicitly) accepted.  Other game effects relevant
to the CFJs may be affected, however.

The following CFJ's are affected:

CFJ 610: As this verdict was delivered by Alfvaen to JT, it was not actually
delivered to the CotC and Alfvaen has gone deadbeat unless he sent a verdict
to Mr Tambourine Man before MTM went on vacation.

CFJ 611: The statements which have been distributed by JT labelled as CFCJ
166 and CFCJ 167 are not, in fact, CFCJs.
[JT did not actually appeal this CFJ and thus no penalty shall be assigned.]
[judged true, true upon appeal]

CFJ 612: Wild Card does not have a forked tonue. [judged false]

CFJ 613: Wild Card became Weird at 09:15:59 EDT.

CFJ 614: There exists a player with the Ackanomic name Zaknafien.

CFJ 615: Slakko achieved a Winning Condition within the last week.
[Slakko resent this as CFJ 611 in the new thread.]

CFJ 616: The Order of the Razor Boomerang owns a Truthseeker Otzma Card.
[judged true]

CFJ 617: The Razor Boomerangs chewed the Gumball on Thursday 21 May 1998.
[judged false]

CFJ 618: A short time after the adoption of Proposal 3194, the text in
Rule 340 that read "{{The Gingham Wearer loses two points. Alfvaen gains
two points. [He reminded me about the need to do this.]}}" was applied
once and then deleted.
[rufus did not actually appeal this CFJ and no penalty will be assigned.]
[judged true, true upon appeal]

CFJ 619: The above quoted attempt of the player who's real name is Jack Rudd
to use the Crazy French Scotsman rule failed, due to lack of ingenuity
within eir complaint.
[judged invalid]

CFCJ 166: The Mu-Cow Hunter committed the Crime of Disinterest on June 7th,
1998.
[The initiator (saaremaa) never actually paid a court fee to file this CFCJ.
The appealer (saaremaa) never actually appealed it and so does not suffer
a 1 point penalty on the appeal verdict.  Mu-Cow Hunter is not expelled
from the game.]

CFCJ 167: The Mu-Cow Hunter committed the Crime of Blatant Disregard on June
7, 1998.
[The initiator (Alfvaen) never actually paid a court fee to file this CFCJ.
Mu-Cow Hunter was not expelled from the game nor penalized 1000000 points.]

CFCJ 168: On 11 June 1998, Slakko committed the Crime of Lying in Print.
[The initiator (867-5309) never actually paid a court fee to file this CFCJ.
JT was not required to post a 10-line public apology.]

So, the net effect is: saaremaa, Alfvaen, and 867-5309 are each refunded
a court fee.  The Mu-Cow Hunter (twice) and JT (once) are not penalized for
TRUE CFCJ's.  JT, rufus, and saaremaa are not penalized for appealing CFJ's.
Alfvaen may have been penalized for going deadbeat and put on the CIL.

Part of this means that Mu-Cow Hunter is still a player, which means one
more abstainer on a number of proposals, possibly a vote by the Mu-Cow
Hunter on his proposal, depending on when the rule had him casting votes,
and he is the Harfmeister.

Dennis and Edna

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:27:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Reharfing the CFJ split

Does this mean also that the Mu-Cow Hunter achieved a Winning Condition?
 I seem to recall seeing a proposal like that in there (which I voted NO
on, just in case... :))

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	Joseph W. DeVincentis [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent:	Wednesday, June 17, 1998 3:11 PM
>To:	[email-masked]
>Subject:	Acka: Reharfing the CFJ split
>
>
>
>So, the net effect is: saaremaa, Alfvaen, and 867-5309 are each refunded
>a court fee.  The Mu-Cow Hunter (twice) and JT (once) are not penalized for
>TRUE CFCJ's.  JT, rufus, and saaremaa are not penalized for appealing CFJ's.
>Alfvaen may have been penalized for going deadbeat and put on the CIL.
>
>Part of this means that Mu-Cow Hunter is still a player, which means one
>more abstainer on a number of proposals, possibly a vote by the Mu-Cow
>Hunter on his proposal, depending on when the rule had him casting votes,
>and he is the Harfmeister.
>
>
>Dennis and Edna

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:29:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Reharfing the CFJ split

> Does this mean also that the Mu-Cow Hunter achieved a Winning Condition?
>  I seem to recall seeing a proposal like that in there (which I voted NO
> on, just in case... :))

Yes, but the rule that would have him submit a CWCFJ is gone, so he will
not actually win a cycle.

Dennis and Edna

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:38:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Once again

I off a Share My Expenses Otzma Card and A$50 in exchange for a Pulse
laser Gadget.

                                     - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:13:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Reharfing the CFJ split

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
[much deleted]

>CFCJ 168: On 11 June 1998, Slakko committed the Crime of Lying in Print.
>[The initiator (867-5309) never actually paid a court fee to file this CFCJ.
>JT was not required to post a 10-line public apology.]

Actually, it was Slakko who would have had to post the apology, not
myself.

I will note that since these CF[C]J's never happened, they can in fact be
resubmitted without being judged invalid if people really feel the need to
make them part of official game custom.  The only one that I think really
should be resubmitted is the Mu-Cow hunter ones :)

I also note that Mu-Cow Hunter is no longer eligible for nomination as an
Elder since it never really left the game :)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:44:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: vacation

I go on vacation, expected duration a week tomorrow, though I suspect I
will be back sooner.

rufus

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:02:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Once again

I offer A$ 120 for a pulse laser.

K 2

John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:

> I off a Share My Expenses Otzma Card and A$50 in exchange for a Pulse
> laser Gadget.
>
>                                      - Vynd
>
> [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #199
*******************************