Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #197
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest         Monday, June 15 1998         Volume 03 : Number 197

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 03:24:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: purchase

I destroy the cross posting mania for cash.  (Sorry slakko, but I have to
pay taxes twice in a week.)

I buy as many stocks as I am able.  (I think it is 8 or 9), I am not sure.
K 2s page has some odd errors on it, so I am not sure it is up to date.  

rrufrus

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:30:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AWOL

>It has been pointed out to me that you are AWOL.  Do you wish to remain
>in the game?  (It's close to Solstice time, so hopefully we can get some
>Prophets going...)

I have always been here.

CnH

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:14:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stuff

I destroy the Shapeshifter, Bronze Horse, Aladdin's Ring, Sculpture 2,
Sculpture 3, and Sculpture 37 for A$.

I buy 100 stocks. (apparently for A$17 each).

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:16:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: Frank Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Time's up for you, Slakko, Vynd, Dennis and Edna

I'm going to the Senate, where I'm starting a demonstration.
I demand elections, as Slakko, Vynd and Dennis and Edna
have been glued to their seats long enough.

J. M. Bear

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:16:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: Frank Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 616 (J. M. Bear)

JT schrieb:

> J. M. Bear has been selected.
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Call for Judgement 616 - June 14th, 1998
> Subject: Organization management of entities
> Initiator: K 2 (Sent June 14th, 1998 09:04 Acka)
> Judge: J. M. Bear (Selected June 14th, 1998 14:28 Acka)
>
> Statement:
> The Order of the Razor Boomerang owns a Truthseeker Otzma Card.

I judge this TRUE, because I agree with K 2's reasoning.
JMB

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:16:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: Frank Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Cleanup 3

I'm still not on vacation.
I proxy my support to MetaMorph.

About the World Cup Betting: I originally planned to
set the deadline to after the first games, this would be
before tomorrow's games. I haven't heard of any betting
yet; if less than 4 people were interested at all I'd suggest
we call the whole thing off, and Alfvaen returns the prices
to me.
Otherwise, I think a new deadline after all group games
are played would be fine. 16 teams would still be in the
competition, of whom 4 would be chosen as top 4 and
one of them as the World Cup Winner.

What do you think?
JMB

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:35:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 616 (TRUE)

J. M. Bear has judged this true.
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Judgement 616 - June 14th, 1998
Subject: Organization management of entities
Initiator: K 2 (Sent June 14th, 1998 09:04 Acka)
Judge: J. M. Bear (Selected June 14th, 1998 14:28 Acka)
Verdict: TRUE

Statement:
The Order of the Razor Boomerang owns a Truthseeker Otzma Card.

Reasoning:
On Sat, 06 Jun 1998 13:57:50 JT offered eir truthseeker and skeleton key
cards to the Order of the Razor Boomerangs.
On Sat, 06 Jun 1998 16:56:23 Hubert (as founder of that church) accepted
those cards.

If the founder of a church is able to initiate and conclude an trade on
behalf of eir church then The Order of the Razor Boomerang owns a
Truthseeker Card, otherwise Joe Java is on Titan. (stunning logic ;)

Section 10 of rule 1301 states:
A Church may own and trade currency and Entities. If Church policy is
silent about the managing the Church's Currency and
Entities, then the Church Founder manages the Church's Currency and
Entities.

"Managing the Church's Currency and Entities" implies both ability to
initiate and accept trades which would affect the church's ownership.
This is the interpretation which has been customarily applied to this
sentence.

Assuming from Hubert's statement that "This happens" in eir acceptance
means that Razor Policy either explicitly allows the founder to manage
the church's entities or is silent, Hubert had the ability to accept, on
behalf of the order, the trade offered by JT.

Judge's reasoning:
I judge this TRUE, because I agree with K 2's reasoning.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:36:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3224

I wondered what Title breadox would give it if I left it blank.

I create a trinket wotrh A$ 5 titled "It has one" with the description "It
has one of those too"

I gift "It has one" to breadbox

nomicbot wrote:

> Proposal 3224
> I Asked Ol'-What's-His-Name, Has He Ever Gotten Writer's Block?
> K 2 (Kelly Kelly)
>
> This is a Modest Proposal.
>
> Repeal Rule 319 [Unanimity Is Lovely (although not so lovely as it used
> to be)]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:37:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fwd: Acka: Financial Damage Control]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
- --------------8FFA03E4A397A03CEB642B5D
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

- --------------8FFA03E4A397A03CEB642B5D
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 00:04:39 +1000
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.03 [en] (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: ackanomic@muppetlabs
Subject: Acka: Financial Damage Control
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

As I started to harf the end of cycle taxes I discovered that the
treasury had A$ 48537. After spotting a minor harfing error in rule 534,
I discovered that this value was, for tax purposes, bolstered by the A$
7072 which was residing in the Ackan Reserve under lock and key. Thus
the treasury was deemed to contain A$ 48537, still too little to rescue
us from taxes.
Whipping out the financier's trusty chain saw and mulching equipment I
set to work on the corpses cluttering up the place. Seeking the freshest
corpses first, I started up the equipment and set to work.
Since Bill the Pirate King left the game on 15/3/98 e was fed head first
into the mulcher and as of 13/6/98 22:46:38 is fertilizing the daises
(pushing em um if you will). My next... customer was Hachiman who left
the game on 13/3/98 and as of 11/6/98 9:19:24 was gratefully received by
the aforementioned daisies. Finally, Michael Wren (who joined 4 days
before me) gave the game the cold shoulder on 6/3/98 and as of 5/6/98
00:00:00 is enriching the soil. Unfortunately during my mad rampage
through the player list Hoover 2300 and Guy Fawkes got in the way and
are both deceased as of 13/6/98 21:45:39 - Hoover 2300 would have died
of 'natural causes' on the 15/6/98 anyway.

Looting the cash... err respectfully presenting the decomposed's worldly
goods to eir grieving relatives, netted the treasury a cool A$1641. This
brought the total A$ in the treasury and its branches to A$50178,
rescuing us from the dreaded end of cycle tax.

Ha Ha, Fooled ya. (forgot to pay the officer's salaries from the 1st ;)

Treasury has A$ 49625 in it. The Following Lists the Total Wealth of
each player at 13/6/98 21:45:39:
                                                 Wealth
Entity                                           Total     Tax
                        Players
867-5309                                          980      196
Alfvaen                                           1515     303
Attila the Pun                                    1237     247
Ayla                                              555      111
breadbox                                          2146     429
Calvin N Hobbes                                   702      140
Dennis and Edna                                   4380     876
else…if                                           1451     290
Fortunato                                         273       54
Horny Protoceratops                               900      180
IbiotBoy                                          1093     218
J. M. Bear                                        890      178
Joe Java                                          193       38
JT                                                799      159
K 2                                               904      180
Karma                                             150       30
Koxvolio                                          328       65
Mr. Tambourine Man                                445       89
Niccolo Flychuck                                  1000     200
Pandora                                           642      128
Rex Mundi                                         625      125
Robert Sevin                                      1112     222
rufus                                              0        0
saaremaa                                          107       21
Slakko                                            5580     558
ThinMan                                           1460     292
two-star                                          1161     232
Vynd                                              794      158
Wild Card                                         252       50
Zaknafein Dourden                                 875      175
                           Undead
Astro                                             949      189
Balsamic Dragon                                    0        0
Bascule                                           528      105
Brinjal                                           352       70
Chaos                                             1391     278
Crackfoo                                          275       55
Enigma                                            908      181
fnord                                              0        0
Goldenmean                                         97       19
Guy Fawkes                                        3322     664
Hoover 2300                                       759      151
Illusion                                          1094     218
mr cwm                                            635      127
Mr. Lunatic Fringe                                 55       11
Mu-Cow Hunter                                      1        0
Red Barn                                           5        1
this is not a name                                280       56
Tom Kitten                                        901      180
UglyBigNose                                       931      186
Voting Gnome                                       0        0
Wayne                                              1        0
                        Churches
The Church of Azpiazu                              6        1
The Church of banna                                0        0
The Church of Odo on the Wormhole                 142       28
The Church of the Evil Ballot Stuffer              0        0
The Church of the Good Ballot Stuffer              0        0
The Church of the Markovian Dream                  0        0
The Church of the Righteous Loophold Surfers       0        0
The Cult of Seleya                                 0        0
The Order of the Razor Boomerang                   0        0
The Church of the Book of Chorg                   200       40
                     Political Parties
HARF                                              300       60
Klingon                                            25       5
MetaMorph                                         460       92
SPAM                                               0        0
The Razor Boomerangs                              388       77
Vulcan                                            514      102
                          Societies
Aaronic League                                     0        0
Canine's Tattoo Parlor                             0        0
Kerplunk, kerplunk III                             0        0
Religious Nutcase                                  0        0
RexBank                                            0        0
SHEEP                                             200       40
Shell#10                                           50       10
The Moral Kiosk                                    50       10
The Player Sanctioned Organization Preservation    0        0
The Treasure-Hunting League                        0        0
The Twits                                          1        0
They Might Be Slumbering Giants                    0        0
                          Treasury
The Ackan Reserve                                 7072
Treasury                                         42553

This Puts Slakko, The Church of Azpiazu and Guy Fawkes in debt.

K 2

- --------------8FFA03E4A397A03CEB642B5D--

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:39:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 618 (Slakko)

Slakko has been selected.
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 618 - June 15th, 1998
Subject: Rule 340 again
Initiator: breadbox (Sent June 15th, 1998 07:06 Acka)
Judge: Slakko (Selected June 15th, 1998 10:24 Acka)

Statement:
A short time after the adoption of Proposal 3194, the text in Rule 340
that read "{{The Gingham Wearer loses two points. Alfvaen gains two
points. [He reminded me about the need to do this.]}}" was applied
once and then deleted.

Reasoning:
I have no firm argument at this point, and on the whole would rather
have an official decision on the matter.

Once Proposal 3194 had passed, the text of Rule 340 no longer enjoyed
blanket immunity from its own definition of self-deleting text. It
seems pretty certain that the sentences quoted in this CFJ's statement
then immediately qualified as such, and were subsequently deleted.

What I'm wondering is, were they applied once before being deleted?
One could argue that, certainly, they weren't self-deleting text
before, and they are now, so they would have to be applied before
being deleted. But one could also argue that they already had been
applied, quite some time before. And in fact a prior CFJ has already
determined that they were applied, at that time, and would not be
applied again.

It may be worth noting that the proposal immediately following this
one altered Rule 205, which might have otherwise had had an effect on
this situation, but I believe no longer does. (Of course, I could be
wrong. These rule changes are less than fifteen minutes old as I write
this, so I may well have overlooked something.)

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:40:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 168 (JT)

Koxvolio has declined.  JT has been selected.
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Criminal Judgement 168 - June 14, 1998
Subject: Slakko's crime of Lying in Print
Initiator: 867-5309 (Sent June 14th, 1998 00:16 Acka)
Judge: Koxvolio (Selected June 14th, 1998 00:59 Acka) (declined)
2nd Judge: JT (Selected June 15th, 1998 14:39 Acka)

Statement:
On 11 June 1998, Slakko committed the Crime of Lying in Print.

Reasoning:
Rule 925, "The Press," states that "It is the Crime of Lying in Print for
a Player to refuse to publish, in a newspaper ... a correction of a
clearly false statement ... after a public request for such a correction
has been made.  Simply neglecting to publish such a correction for a
period of three days or more after the request shall be taken as a refusal
to do so."

The June 7th issue of The Infrequent Ackan contained, with respect to the
currently active game of Word Un-Association, the statement "With two
players having left suddenly, we are reduced to a six player situation in
Game 2."  The game of Word Un-Association in question began on April 3,
1998, with seven players: Mr. Tambourine Man (then The Gingham Wearer),
JT, Slakko, rufus, else...if, Koxvolio, and Attila the Pun.  867-5309
(then Hubert) was refereeing.  Since then, else...if has left the game,
leaving six players.  I, as Referee, did not receive any message
constituting another player's departure.  It could perhaps be argued that
Slakko referred to the sudden and unintentional Vacation taken by Mr.
Tambourine Man, but e certainly did not leave the game; e has only taken,
well, a vacation from it.  

In any case, by Slakko's own admission six players remain.  The game
started with seven, since the Referee was not playing and does not count
as a player.  Barring radical alterations to fundamental principles
of basic mathematics made without my knowledge, I fail to see how seven
minus two equals six.  I do, however, readily admit my deficiency with
regard to knowledge of things mathematical when compared to others
present, and am quite willing to be shown to be wrong.  Otherwise, though,
I think it can be determined that the statement in question was false.

Then, on Monday, 8 June, 867-5309 stated, in the acka-games forum:

"The Infrequent Ackan claimed that two players had left to date.  If so, I
missed the other message and would appreciate if the editor could please
let me know who the other absentee [besides else...if] is.  Otherwise, I
respectfully request that TIA retract the statement..."

Since Slakko never posted a clarification (although e is certainly not
required to) the third sentence above can be considered to have taken
effect.  Thus, on June 11, it became 3 days since the request was posted,
and since Slakko also did not post a retraction/apology, by Rule 925 e has
Lied in Print and must be punished.

In order for this CFCJ to be judged TRUE, it is incumbent upon the judge
to determine whether the statement in question is actually false (i.e., no
player besides else...if has left to date and MTM's abrupt and 
unanticipated Vacation did not count as eir leaving the game), whether the
above post from 867-5309 actually constituted a request for a retraction
(it could possibly be construed that it didn't) and whether, indeed, no
retraction and/or apology was/were issued.  These all being the case, I
would recommend the following

Suggested Penalty:
At least a 10-line APOLOGY.
Perhaps the TRANSFERENCE of one or more entities, at the judge's
discretion (although the Feather Bed would do nicely), from the criminal
to the initiator of this CFCJ to cover emotional damages.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:43:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 617 (Slakko)

Koxvolio has declined.  Slakko has been selected.
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgment 617 - June 14th, 1998
Subject: Razor Boomerangs chewing the Gumball
Initiator: 867-5309 (Sent June 14th, 1998 19:52 Acka)
Judge: Koxvolio (Selected June 14th, 1998 21:06 Acka) (declined)
2nd Judge:  Slakko (Selected June 15th, 1998 14:43 Acka)

Statement:
The Razor Boomerangs chewed the Gumball on Thursday 21 May 1998.

Reasoning:
This is another of those scope-of-Church-Policy CFJs.  A while back (May
17, to be exact), I suggested that the Order of the Razor Boomerang
petition to join the Razor Boomerangs.  None of the other members approved
this suggestion, so if it did not have the backing of Church Policy, which
specified that any decision to be made by the Priesthood can be made
unilaterally by the Founder, it did not happen.  (For the record,
all members of the OotRB are also Priests.)  Hence, even though all
members of the Political Party approved the OotRB's admission, it did not
happen because the OotRB did not give its approval.

Thus, when on 21 May I suggested that the Razor Boomerangs chew the
Gumball, all the other members approved (JT actively and Goldenmean and
Joe Java through their proxies).  Had the OotRB been a member, the chewing
would have failed for want of the Order's approval.

So... if Church Policy cannot get an Organizational Action suggested by
the Founder approved, the Boomerangs chewed the Gumball.  If such is
possible, it didn't.  Quite a beautiful mess.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:24:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: The Karaoke Kid <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 616 (J. M. Bear)

I complain about being taxed.

Horny Protoceratops.

- ----------------------------------------------------
X^n+Y^n=Z^n: no integer solutions for n>2.

I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of this,
but it won't fit into my sig file.
- ----------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:26:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stock

I purchase 20 stocks

K2

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 616 (J. M. Bear) (JT)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, The Karaoke Kid wrote:

> I complain about being taxed.

 I complain about this complaint not being a valid complaint.

 In fact, JT, CFJ:

 Statement:  The above quoted attempt of the player who's real name is 
Jack Rudd to use the Crazy French Scotsman rule failed, due to lack of
ingenuity within eir complaint.
 
 Reasoning:  NONE.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:48:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 619 (JT)

JT has been selected.
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 619 - June 15th, 1998
Subject: Crazy French Scotsman attempt
Initiator: Wild Card (Sent June 15th, 1998 18:33 Acka)
Judge: JT (Selected June 15th, 1998 18:46 Acka)

Statement:
The above quoted attempt of the player who's real name is Jack Rudd to
use the Crazy French Scotsman rule failed, due to lack of ingenuity
within eir complaint.
 
Reasoning:
NONE.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:52:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 617 (FALSE)

Slakko has judged this false.
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgment 617 - June 14th, 1998
Subject: Razor Boomerangs chewing the Gumball
Initiator: 867-5309 (Sent June 14th, 1998 19:52 Acka)
Judge: Koxvolio (Selected June 14th, 1998 21:06 Acka) (declined)
2nd Judge:  Slakko (Selected June 15th, 1998 14:43 Acka)
Verdict: False

Statement:
The Razor Boomerangs chewed the Gumball on Thursday 21 May 1998.

Reasoning:
This is another of those scope-of-Church-Policy CFJs.  A while back (May
17, to be exact), I suggested that the Order of the Razor Boomerang
petition to join the Razor Boomerangs.  None of the other members approved
this suggestion, so if it did not have the backing of Church Policy, which
specified that any decision to be made by the Priesthood can be made
unilaterally by the Founder, it did not happen.  (For the record,
all members of the OotRB are also Priests.)  Hence, even though all
members of the Political Party approved the OotRB's admission, it did not
happen because the OotRB did not give its approval.

Thus, when on 21 May I suggested that the Razor Boomerangs chew the
Gumball, all the other members approved (JT actively and Goldenmean and
Joe Java through their proxies).  Had the OotRB been a member, the chewing
would have failed for want of the Order's approval.

So... if Church Policy cannot get an Organizational Action suggested by
the Founder approved, the Boomerangs chewed the Gumball.  If such is
possible, it didn't.  Quite a beautiful mess.

Judge's Reasoning:
I do not believe that the scope of Church Policy is relevant.  Anyway,
first of all we must establish whether or not it was possible for the
Razor Boomerangs to Chew the Gumball.

Rule 903, Gumball, states that:

>There is a unique entity called the gumball which can be chewed only on
>alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays.

>For the purposes of this rule, alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays are
>defined as the second and fourth Wednesdays and the first and third
>Thursdays of each calendar month.

Rule 373, Public Actions, states that:

>The rules may specify that certain possible courses of play are public
>actions. Any active player may attempt any public action available to him
>or her simply by sending a public message specifying the action to be
>taken. However, if any information that is necessary to specify the
>action fully and unambiguously is left out of that message, then the
>attempt fails. [An attempt may also fail for other reasons.]

>If the rules specify that a certain course of play is available to a
>player or organization, but do not specify how that course of play is to
>be taken,
>then that course of play is a public action, and it is taken as described
>above.

Rule 373 also states that it defers to all other rules.

Rule 1005, Organizational Action, states that:

>An Organization can attempt actions. However, the process for an
>Organization to attempt an action is somewhat more complex than the same
>process for players. First, some member of the Organization sends a
>public
>message suggesting an action for the Organization to take. The
>suggestion must include the name of the Organization for which it is
>being
>suggested. The other members of the Organization may then
>approve of the suggestion or denounce it. If any member denounces the
>suggestion, it is voided.

This conflicts with Rule 373, in that Rule 373 states that public actions
are taken "as described above", and the description "above" in Rule 373
only refers to players attempting actions, not permitting Organizations to
attempt actions.

Rule 1005 says that it defers to all other Rules.

So Rule 373 tries to defer to Rule 1005, Rule 1005 to Rule 373.  Rule 102
therefore steps in and forces Rule 373 to take precedence, at which point
it then tries to defer to Rule 1005, but Rule 102 overrides this as well
(as it conflicts with Rule 373), so Rule 373 does in fact take precedence
over Rule 1005.
Hence no Organization can chew the Gumball, as chewing the Gumball is a
public action defined by Rule 373 (and not specifically defined by Rule
905), hence there is no way for an Organization to perform that action, as
Rule 373 states that the action may only be performed as described above,
and the "above" description does not allow an Organization to perform the
action.

Therefore, regardless of what happened with the Church of the Razor
Boomerang, the Razor Boomerangs did not Chew the Gumball.

I judge FALSE.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:57:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 619 (INVALID)

JT has judged this INVALID.
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 619 - June 15th, 1998
Subject: Crazy French Scotsman attempt
Initiator: Wild Card (Sent June 15th, 1998 18:33 Acka)
Judge: JT (Selected June 15th, 1998 18:46 Acka)
Verdict: Invalid

Statement:
The above quoted attempt of the player who's real name is Jack Rudd to
use the Crazy French Scotsman rule failed, due to lack of ingenuity
within eir complaint.
 
Reasoning:
NONE.

Judge's Reasoning:
Unfortunately, the statement above is not a 'clear' statement, referencing
something which was not included as part of the CFJ and properly should have
been part of the reasoning of the CFJ.  Therefore, this CFJ is invalid.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:01:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 619 (INVALID)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, JT wrote:

> Judge's Reasoning:
> Unfortunately, the statement above is not a 'clear' statement, referencing
> something which was not included as part of the CFJ and properly should have
> been part of the reasoning of the CFJ.  Therefore, this CFJ is invalid.

 D'oh!  Oh, well, e's posted a slightly better one anyway...

 Wild Card.

 I borrow the D'oh! and twat myself with it.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:12:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Summer hols stuff...

 During the summer hols I will be using the other e-mail address given
earlier most of the time ([email-masked]) - and so messages for
me should be sent there from Wednesday.  I will only be reading the lists
below:

 [email-masked] will remain on the acka-lists.

 I will go on vacation on Wednesday, and will hopefully have voted on all
proposals up till then.

 breadbox; could you please subscribe [email-masked] to the
digest versions of:

 ackanomic
 acka-voting
 acka-finance

 Thank-you, 

 Wild Card.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:18:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:Pulse

I play my Otzma ACME insta gadget naming the pulse laser and paying A$
48

K 2

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:18:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Mu

This reminds me, I nominate the Mu-Cow Hunter for induction into the Hall of
the Elders.

K 2

David Scheidt wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Brian Raiter wrote:
>
> > >> The Mu-Cow Hunter gains a Winning Condition upon the passage of this
> > >> proposal.
> >
> > I am fairly certain that this is a Null Proposal.
>
> I can't look at the rules this instant, but doesn't Larry have an Undead?
> and why cant it get a winning conditon,?  I understand it can't actually
> win the cycle, but what does that mnatter?
>
> rufus

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:28:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: TMLIMH

I go to the Library, I enter *that* room.

I return home.

K 2

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Mu

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, K2 wrote:

> This reminds me, I nominate the Mu-Cow Hunter for induction into the Hall of
> the Elders.

 I support this nomination. 

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:03:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Mu

>> This reminds me, I nominate the Mu-Cow Hunter for induction into the Hall of
>> the Elders.
>
> I support this nomination.
	Here here.  I do too.

- --
- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:23:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Mu

>>> This reminds me, I nominate the Mu-Cow Hunter for induction into the Hall
of
>>> the Elders.
>>
>> I support this nomination.
> Here here.  I do too.
>
And I do too, as does my Evil Ballot Stuffer.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 22:55:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Mu

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Gavin M. Doig wrote:

> >
> And I do too, as does my Evil Ballot Stuffer.
Me too!

rufus

> 
> Rex Mundi.
> 

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:00:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Magic

The Magic Potato has been found by the holder of the Little Lamb, who
I believe is JT.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Stereolab:Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
A quick movement of the enemy will jeopardize six gunboats.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:12:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Ackanomicon Determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Player: K 2
# Ackanomicon determination
# based on the following (using a 50 sided die):
# 1 -15: arcane trivia
# 16-20: vile prophecies
# 21-25: inner workings
# 26-30: arcane lore
# 31-33: terrorizing pages
# 34-34: ancient artifact
# 35-36: mutation
# 37-38: dark domain
# 39-39: stock market crash
# 40-41: long lost treasure
# 42-43: doomsday
# 44-44: forbidden fruit
# 45-45: catastrophe
# 46-49: not so forbidden fruit
# 50-50: ancient one
# Alfvaen

No. of sides on every die:     50
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

      4

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Mon Jun 15 20:13:01 1998
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id UAA19732 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:13:01 -0700
> Received: from edtntnt2-port-197.agt.net(209.115.133.197) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma019724; Mon Jun 15 20:12:57 1998
> Received: (from alfvaen@localhost) by concordia.telusplanet.net (8.7.6/8.7.3) id VAA00723 for [email-masked]; Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:12:44 -0600
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: Book
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:12:42 -0600 (MDT)
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
> Content-Type: text
> 
> 
> 
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 50
> #D 1
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: Ackanomicon Determination
> 
> #C Player: K 2
> #C Ackanomicon determination
> #C based on the following (using a 50 sided die):
> #C 1 -15: arcane trivia
> #C 16-20: vile prophecies
> #C 21-25: inner workings
> #C 26-30: arcane lore
> #C 31-33: terrorizing pages
> #C 34-34: ancient artifact
> #C 35-36: mutation
> #C 37-38: dark domain
> #C 39-39: stock market crash
> #C 40-41: long lost treasure
> #C 42-43: doomsday
> #C 44-44: forbidden fruit
> #C 45-45: catastrophe
> #C 46-49: not so forbidden fruit
> #C 50-50: ancient one
> #C Alfvaen
> 

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBNYXizT8NitsTFjcVAQEqlQQAgK/zZ89iGjC4flZZmjIkRa6gR0o6GQVZ
iB9arAvLWznFdpMO9wSrEXqvxoc8bf9/+EVwC293Nn7aW13HWcXFW0Vb5xPUL6+S
yXqCcBZfXV10WdOyGYxlwJFYvDud/x5w2I0IudwaroOdYFJD+vIBf2TIDSZiAecT
rbZo4DIsq5w=
=5nST
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:16:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch

As Founder of the Church of Azpiazu, and, I think, manager of the entities
it owns, I announce that the Church is destroying Little Wooden Ship #4
for cash.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Stereolab:Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
"No, he almost saw me!"

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:55:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Harf

As far as I can tell, if The Mu-Cow Hunter is not a player, then I am the
Harfmeister.  Rule 1112 says that the title of Harfmeister passes to the
author of the Harfy Proposal, and then says that if "no one" is Harfmeister,
then the title passes to the Speaker.  Since I'm sure that none would
dispute that the title of Harfmeister passes on upon the Harfmeister leaving
the game, and so "no one" obviously must be interpreted as "no player".

I'll have to take a look and see if there's anything Harfy in the queue.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Stereolab:Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
Look up and smile for the satellite.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #197
*******************************