Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #178
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest         Friday, June 12 1998         Volume 03 : Number 178

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 00:05:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Illuminatus

Hopefully the Illuminatus page should be up to date now, with the recent
hat-wearing changes etc.  If not, then let me know, preferably before the
end of the Cycle.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Rush
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
Please eat up quickly once the package is opened by you.  --AjD

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 00:07:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Oh, Why Not

Outdating my own page, I hereby trade A$10 to the Mad Hatters for Agenda
Hat 9, unless anyone can find any Rule that says the Illuminatus can't do
this.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Rush
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
CTHULHU not found: try [1]CHIHUAHUA [2]CATHY [3]CUDDLY ?

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 00:13:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Illuminatus

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
>Hopefully the Illuminatus page should be up to date now, with the recent
>hat-wearing changes etc.  If not, then let me know, preferably before the
>end of the Cycle.

Just that I'm wearing Hat 7 since I intend to keep it.
- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 00:24:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 614 (K 2)

K 2 has been selected.

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 614 - June 12, 1998
Subject: Zaknafien
Initiator: Alfvaen (Sent June 12, 00:18 Acka)
Judge: K 2 (Selected June 12, 00:23 Acka)

Statement:
There exists a player with the Ackanomic name Zaknafien.

Alfvaen's Reasoning:
Rule 252, "Joining the Game" states: "A person wishing to join the game,
and who cannot do so as a Returning player, should notify the Registrar,
providing a valid email address, their real name, the legal Ackanomic
name they wish to play under, and optionally the Ackanomic name of the
current active player who convinced them to join the game or where they
heard about the game. Upon them providing this information, should the
requested name indeed be a legal Ackanomic name, the Registrar shall
post a public message announcing the new player and providing their
Ackanomic name, real name, and email address, and if the prospective
player provided it, the optional information. Upon the posting of such
an announcement, the person becomes registered as a player."

The person with email address <[email-masked]> supplied, for "real
name", the name "John".  I'd like to know here whether or not this is
sufficient for em to have joined.  The fact that, for instance, Archie
Leach joined supplying only the name "T. Miller", may be precedent for
this.  There are also some players listed in the archive without supplied
real names, like WAMPHYRI, cobber, and, in fact, SonOfWu when e joined
originally as Narcisse was listed with the name "Hapexamendios".  However,
it's possible that they joined at a time when the Rules were laxer on
allowing new players to join--cobber on 3/27/96, Narcisse on 3/29/96, and
WAMPHYRI on 4/10/96.  So this might require some research.

Far be it from me to block Zaknafien--I do like that name--from joining,
but this should be cleared up now.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 01:17:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Oh, Why Not

> Outdating my own page, I hereby trade A$10 to the Mad Hatters for Agenda
> Hat 9, unless anyone can find any Rule that says the Illuminatus can't do
> this.

I suppose I should also wear this hat, otherwise this is all pointless.
So I do so.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--The Hoodoo Gurus:Blow Your Cool!
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
"Exit?  Does it say 'exit'?"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 03:30:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 614 (K 2)

Uhhh....heh did I cause a problem? If so then perhaps this might help.
You can list My name as John Clougherty.
And as my Nomic name you can use Zaknafein Dourden.
John Pr25:16

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:53:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 614 (K 2)

> Uhhh....heh did I cause a problem? If so then perhaps this might help.
> You can list My name as John Clougherty.
> And as my Nomic name you can use Zaknafein Dourden.
> John Pr25:16

If CFJ 614 is TRUE, and the above is an actual name change request, then I
ack it.

If CFJ 614 is FALSE, then I would like to announce a new player joining,
named Zaknafein Dourden.  K 2 has still been chosen as eir mentor.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Danielle Dax:White Knuckle Ride
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
Ask anyone who can recall, it's horrible to be born.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:02:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Narf narf narf...

Having completed my duel with one member of the Heretical Church of the
Good Ballot Stuffer, I welcome new challenges. I'm just getting started
with you lot.

To this end, I wish to proceed with the following:

I will play my Otzma Card Share My Expenses, naming Joe Java (who is,
obviously, entirely coincidentally a member of that Church) and requesting
that he pay A$70.

I then will construct a new level of the Monolith, to be called "...and
where, then, are the champions of the Good Ballot Stuffer?"

This is the 12th level of the Monolith, and I believe it will cost A$150
in total, A$70 of which is from Joe Java, and A$80 from me.

Rasssp. I believe that I am no longer untouchable, and welcome a response.

Koxvolio
Founder, Church to the Evil Ballot Stuffer

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #178
*******************************