Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #176
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Wednesday, June 10 1998       Volume 03 : Number 176

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:56:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spaceship Launch

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, JT wrote:
>>I don't think so.
>
>pray tell why not?

Damne.  Never mind.. I forgot the magic phrase of 'they might be giant's.

Fortuantely, I believe that means I didn't launch, and because I did use a
sonnet, it didn't break.

*grump*

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:20:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Spaceship Launch (take two)

Into the wilds I take myself anon
To visit a place they once thought a myth
Thus is the journey taken here begun
Leaving behind all off my kin and kith

There in the dark and silent jungle night
a silver spaceship henceforth erect
So that to a moon I might take flight
as the rules and customs do direct

I look around to see if I'm alone
For its said the B-Ack like to lurk
among the leafy giants all unknown
so it might hitch a ride to be a jerk

I see him not and thus avoid a scare
And thus to Titan, fly I with a prayer.

[There, now it includes the magic words too.]

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:47:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: TCotBoC

I am Founding The Church of the Book of Chorg.
I am its Founder (obviously).
K 2, Attila the Pun, Rex Mundi, JT and else...if are all members.
Church dogma is currently:
The Spellbook of Chorg is Holy. It is impermissible for Unbelievers
posses the Holy Book; church members are permitted to Sneer at such
entities. Only by reading from the Holy Book can one achieve True
Enlightenment.

I gift (it's a verb if I say it is:) A$ 200 to The Church of the Book of
Chorg that it may one day afford the means to bring forth holy relics.

I wonder why I hadn't seen this message yet... it was still in the
unsent folder.....

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:47:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: GIOOMC

[I dance naked on the town hall steps. I repeatedly manipulate in an
illegal manner a regulated entity. I offer all of my tradeable entities
in exchange for nothing. I shout obscenities at the first citizen and
question if eir mother was in fact an entity adding that if e was e
prolly wore army boots. I steal all of the entities in the museum. I
pursue a game strategy that results in excessive quantities of mail. I
create n trinkets such that n is the lesser of all possible trinkets
divided by the sum of the number of buckets of sand under the bridge. I
thwack the description witch is longer than my arm and repeat it
backwards. Jumping excitedly I skip backwards holding hands with a three
foot rhinoceros. I found a church dedicated to the worship of Hoover
2300 with the following church doctrine: the blue prints should be blue
if not the contract has to be signed by a flounder in a yellow suit. The
Forked tongue in me head causes it to explode and my pointy eras
backward. I resign from all offices which I own and resign all players
from Eire as well. I change my score to twice the the negative
/minimization/ of the inverse hyperbola squared. Happy Happy Happy. Sad
Sad Sad. Possession of the trombone is the tuba possession Take I will.
In  The Age phrase random select I words from a yesterday's. *ping*. The
machine that goes goes. Spelling Eros abound buy the spelling corrector
corrects and under the wheel the bowl of yolk is squashed. In the event
that the following and preceding sentences were in any way ambiguous
then it is the case that the games state will contain a paradox larger
than the number of kaas of large last bought by any entity and sold at
40 times cost. On the day after the any day which follows a moon which
is not full or would otherwise be so if the small round blue thing held
under the armpit of the central Venezuelan mud nut production company's
chief advisor to the chairman of the company's second under secretary
second oldest sibling is not blue nor ever was, and provided that the
thread in which this is all occurring doesn't exist and any condition I
have placed on this action are met by a Florally attired anorexic hippo
then take the number of entities I have possessed for greater than the
number of days equal to the sum of the value of all entities I have ever
possessed modulus the square of the 32nd digit of pi and gift those
entities implied in this sentence to the first player to publicly state
that e will in any circumstance other that this one, e will produce a
mutation of the long nosed verity on the  left most medial protuberance
on Tammany, however, should the day be any day besides yesterday
transfer all the entities not directly involved and a randomly
determined half of the entities indirectly involved and place in a bowl.
Stir well. <Boom>.]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:47:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Apology and thread roundup

JT wrote:

> First, I owe Wild Card an apology, as he pointed out to me privately, his
> last message which I objected to was in fact a rhyming couplet and thus
> he wouldn't have been charged the A$79 for the message.
>
> I believe that in all threads Wild Card has at this point A$0.
>
> If his first attempt succeeded he has some (unknown to me for the moment)
> number of trinkets named #<n> dress.
>
> If his second attempt succeeded he has some number (also unknown to me for
> the moment but 79 less than the number in the previous thread :)) of
> trinkets named #<n> dress.
>
> If this most recent attempt succeeded then he has 1 trinket with some
> value (unknown to me, but 158 less than the number in thread 1).
>
> If only the first creation in thread one succeeded then adjust number in
> thread 2 and 3 accordingly.. Same if only the first creation in thread 2
> succeeded for adjusing thread 3.
>
> Regardless of it all, I believe Wild Card no has 0 A$.  Does anyone
> disagree?
>

Yes. Wild = A$ 30.

Whenever ... public message ... will transfer A$79 . If, however, they do not
have that much, it will transfer that sum from a random organization which they
are a member that has that sum. If no such organization ... player is ...
Weird, ... no further effects...

> --JT
>
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:54:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stuff

 I reveal Hat number 24. 

24. [Silly] The wearer of this hat has an odd number of pointy ears.

 I then put it on my head.

 I offer my BWG laser to the first player who will (and can) give me
A$150 for it.

 I retract my offer to trade my Frobnotzer for swingpoints.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:01:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Stuff

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:

> 
>  I offer my BWG laser to the first player who will (and can) give me
> A$150 for it.

I accept this trade, giving A$150 for the BWG laser.  Alternatively, if
the above wasn't enough to instigate a trade, I offer A$150 for the BWG
laser.

                                  - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:44:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Stuff

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:
> 
> > 
> >  I offer my BWG laser to the first player who will (and can) give me
> > A$150 for it.
> 
> I accept this trade, giving A$150 for the BWG laser.  Alternatively, if
> the above wasn't enough to instigate a trade, I offer A$150 for the BWG
> laser.

 If the trade hasn't happened then I accept this offer.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:46:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Ackanomic: Slakko's gone and won...

 ...and after all that effort to become wierd too.

 Oh, well.

 I'm not going to easily get the wierdness hat I don't think - so...

 I make all my hats visible:

9. The owner of this hat is weird, silly, guilty of patent infringement,
enlightened, has learned eir lesson and has had snowgod's disease.

23. [Silly] The wearer of this hat has a trout in eir milk.

24. [Silly] The wearer of this hat has an odd number of pointy ears.

I again visit the Ackanomic Genetic Institute and purchase an extra head. 

 I put on (wear/don) the Silly Agenda Hats numberd 23.

 I sell the Agenda Hat numbered 9 to the Mad Hatters for A$1 - since
getting patent infringement or snowgod's disease at this point would be
too hard; and I only have two heads after all...

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:49:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Slakko's gone and won...

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:

>  I put on (wear/don) the Silly Agenda Hats numberd 23.

 Make that Hat.

 I put on (wear/don) the Silly Agenda Hat numbered 23 if I haven't
already.

- -- 
Jonathan David Amery, Trinity Hall, CAMBRIDGE, CB2 1TJ.             #####
http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html                  o__#######
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing a Silly Agenda Hat.   \'#######
Follower of Banna, the EBS and Odo.  Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 21:45:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Stuff and Winsense

> I convert 76 of my Swingpoints into 152 points.  This leaves me with 11
> Swingpoints.
> I believe this takes my score to 420, one more than the Magic Number.

I declare Slakko to have achieved a Winning Condition by points.  Anyone
who wishes to object to this must do so within three days.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Side By Side By Sondheim
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
And all these unforeseen things tumble down

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:00:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: New Player(K 2)

We have a new player in Ackanomic.  E has chosen the name Zaknafien, eir
email address is [email-masked], and eir real name is John.

Yes, I'm currently trying to convince em to supply a last name, since I'm
not sure the registration will be successful otherwise.  But considering
that "T. Miller" joined as Archie Leach without supplying a first name,
and nobody objected...  Still, I don't want to break the Rules or anything.

K 2 has been chosen as eir Mentor.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Jesus Christ Superstar Soundtrack
Current Book--Truddi Chase:When Rabbit Howls
I've fallen out the window of opportunity

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #176
*******************************