Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #167
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest         Friday, May 22 1998         Volume 03 : Number 167

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 16:08:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3116

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
>Very well. I retract proposal 3116. Who's up for a playtest of this idea? And
>when should it be? I can be free pretty much anytime in the next week between
>about 9:00pm and 11:00pm next week, so long as I have sufficient warning. I
>would propose Sunday if we can get enough people together.

I'm of course up for the play test, and I also volunteer to be the
'observer' (IE, so I'm not biasing the outcome).  Sunday day would work
for me, as would most evenings (what time zone was that 9-11 in  TGW?)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 16:37:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3116

> I'm of course up for the play test, and I also volunteer to be the
> 'observer' (IE, so I'm not biasing the outcome).  Sunday day would work
> for me, as would most evenings (what time zone was that 9-11 in  TGW?)

I'm GMT. So that's late afternoon/early evening for eastern US, which is why
I suggested Sunday. If we make it 10:00pm GMT then that'd be 11:00am in
Hawaii and later in the rest of the US. Unfortunately that would mean K 2 and
Niccolo would be unable to join us even if they want to. That is however, the
way the cookie crumbles. As for you being the "observer", you could be if you
wanted to, but I don't think there would be any problems if you weren't.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 16:47:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3116

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
>I'm GMT. So that's late afternoon/early evening for eastern US, which is why
>I suggested Sunday. If we make it 10:00pm GMT then that'd be 11:00am in
>Hawaii and later in the rest of the US. Unfortunately that would mean K 2 and
>Niccolo would be unable to join us even if they want to. That is however, the
>way the cookie crumbles. As for you being the "observer", you could be if you
>wanted to, but I don't think there would be any problems if you weren't.

That time would definately work on Sunday, probably not the rest of the
week (I have to work too :)) Monday however might work since it is a
federal holiday here in the states.

The reason I suggested myself as observer is that a) I do have a specific
bias here, and b) it might make the competition more fair :) (just kidding
:))

- --JT
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 17:50:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The Infrequent Ackan Volume 1 Issue 23

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
> 
> > but the arguments do *not* do this, and 
> > the "economic" arguments thus far presented are, well, nevermind :-)
> IMHO the relationship between the creation, transference and consumption
> (i.e. use) of some Ackan entities constitutes an economy.  If we had no
> economy, why would westill have a medium of exchange distinct from our
> score?

Because the rules say we do - but that medium of exchange has nothing to
do with an economy. We create things out of thin air by legislation, and
the 'limits' set on the number of A$, originally set in order to limit A$
to a finite quantity, might as well be infinite.

These things have nothing to do with an economy, and I don't believe that
it would be possible to evolve an economy in acka.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 17:53:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ambassadorness

On Fri, 22 May 1998, K2 wrote:

> I suggest that the Metamorph party accept Pumpkin Patch Nomic as a Member.
> 
> K 2

I approve of this suggestion
Niccolo Flychuck

> 
> Tom Walmsley wrote:
> 
> > I recently received a message from one Mr. Phil Ackley, the GRAPE of Pumpkin
> > Patch Nomic requesting membership for said nomic in the organisation
> > Metamorph. The relevant portion of the message is quoted below:
> >
> > "I, as GRAPE and official representative of the Pumpkin Patch Nomic, do
> > hereby request admission for said body into the ranks of the Metamorph
> > party. "
> >
> > TGW, Acting Ambassador.
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 17:59:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The Infrequent Ackan Volume 1 Issue 23

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Uri Bruck wrote:

> On Fri, 22 May 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> > IMHO the relationship between the creation, transference and consumption
> > (i.e. use) of some Ackan entities constitutes an economy.  If we had no
> > economy, why would westill have a medium of exchange distinct from our
> > score?
> 
> Because the rules say we do - but that medium of exchange has nothing to
> do with an economy. We create things out of thin air by legislation, and
> the 'limits' set on the number of A$, originally set in order to limit A$
> to a finite quantity, might as well be infinite.
> 
> These things have nothing to do with an economy, and I don't believe that
> it would be possible to evolve an economy in acka.

I would beg to differ with you on this point.  One of the definitions of
economy given in one of the Fictionary Dictionaries is:

 the system of production and distribution and consumption [syn: {economic
system}] 

We have entities whose production is regulated (e..g. gadgets, Otzma
Cards).  Their distribution is determined, mostly although not entirely,
by who has access to the medium of exchange, namely Ackadollars.  In some
cases, the objects are created in other circumstances (e.g. use of an
SBoC), in which case some people have access to the sources of production,
thereby making distribution a moot point (or counting it as distribution
to one's self).  The consumption of these entities by the players gains
them some material effect (e.g. the use of a Gadget, or the benefit of an
Otzma Card).  I'd say that's a pretty good example of an economy.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 18:34:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Treasure burial

I am giving the Golden Boomerang Statue to the Razor Boomerangs and
suggest that they bury it.
I then suggest that the Razor Boomerangs release the following clue which
concerns the map to the Razor Boomerang Treasure.

1668446839; 1853369699;  745873782; 2054700914; 1835937126; 1835213159;
2053596282; 2020439907; 1920628769; 1886222436; 1835886458; 2015454821;
 761799014; 1899983469; 1634564216; 2053202805; 1982623021; 1663918962;
2049009197; 1064990819; 1835233914;  660765229; 1668181350; 1765765665; 
1668164963; 1920626040; 1852141158; 1836540786; 2054693232; 1836606573;
1835498104;  560358758;  560429679; 1764586017; 1970632558; 1718707058;
1848468344; 2048994658; 2021288547; 1920606566;  759134840; 1734487395;
1685728365;  761494129;  744645749; 1851859317; 1970695782;  560429613; 
 757163386; 1668178805; 2054252833; 1635328302; 2015457389; 2019847533;
1736079393; 1717926458; 1629582113; 1668181350; 1763796593; 1668446819;
2050646893; 2003006074; 1736060205;  560298599; 1647141729; 1835426593;
1852209722;  560030581; 1986228858; 1064138865;  761884268; 1970107258; 
1815767913; 1064467064; 2050649645; 2021272693;  560036465; 1685480306;
2049009197; 1064990819; 1835233914;  560229747; 2049401466;  761491053;
1718231340; 1965127290; 2017423981;  745352547;  757163630; 1717661048;
2021286243; 2021272876; 1835412858; 1848468338; 2054715937; 2003008120; 
1852209781; 1852141156; 1970955117; 2003723889; 1668446840;  561016184;
1684893031; 2054693222; 1701017722;  556622456; 2053767168; 

with all members of the razor boomerangs being custodians of the map.

I approve of these sugestions, and await Hubert's approval for them to
actually occur.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 18:47:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Public Apology

By this message I do now apologise for my inappropriate actions in my feeble
attempts to fulfill the duties required of me as Clerk of the Court. It was a
serious mistake and one that I undoubtedly should not have made, so I can
only thank Praetor Alfvaen for being so lenient with his punishment. What
came over me I don't know, although it also effected my abilities to perform
things on time. Sorry folks. In the future I shall endeavor not to make any
mistakes quite so moronic. Again my apologies.

TGW, CotC.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 18:47:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Witch hunt results

The following are the results of the witch hunt I called against AtP.

BURN THE WITCH!
Rex Mundi
ThinMan
Vynd
Attila the Pun
The Gingham Wearer

No, e said the Earth was flat:
JT
Alfvaen
Hubert
K 2

And just under half the participants attempted to use Evil Ballot Stuffers
(*spit*) which were all canceled out by Alfvaen's Good Ballot Stuffer. Woo
hoo!

The end result being of course that Attila the Pun is now a pile of ashes.
And is now Attila the Pun again, resurrected in the Ackanomic Afterlife.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 18:47:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: AR-F

The results of the election for AR-F were as follows:

Slakko:
Slakko & EBS
else...if & EBS
J.M. Bear

JT:
Koxvolio & EBS
JT & EBS
Rex Mundi & EBS
The Gingham Wearer

This means that unless the rules have been changed recently JT is now the
AR-F.

TGW, Count Tabula.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 18:47:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ambassadorness

> > I suggest that the Metamorph party accept Pumpkin Patch Nomic as a
Member.
> > 
> > K 2
> 
> I approve of this suggestion
> Niccolo Flychuck

I suggest that the church of the Good Ballot Stuffer approves this suggestion
and since I am the founder this happens (GBS approving, not the Patch
becoming a member).

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 18:54:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AR-F

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
>The results of the election for AR-F were as follows:

>JT:
>Koxvolio & EBS
>JT & EBS
>Rex Mundi & EBS
>The Gingham Wearer
>
>This means that unless the rules have been changed recently JT is now the
>AR-F.

They did unfortunately.  It was amended back into a capitol office.. the
question is, did the election really end before that happened or did it
end today (it seems like way more than 3 days since it started, but ... I
could be hallucinating)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:01:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AR-F

> They did unfortunately.  It was amended back into a capitol office.. the
> question is, did the election really end before that happened or did it
> end today (it seems like way more than 3 days since it started, but ... I
> could be hallucinating)
> 
> --JT

It is more than three days since it started. 5 to be precise.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:01:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Treasure burial

On Fri, 22 May 1998, JT wrote:

> I am giving the Golden Boomerang Statue to the Razor Boomerangs and
> suggest that they bury it.

I approve of this action.

> I then suggest that the Razor Boomerangs release the following clue which
> concerns the map to the Razor Boomerang Treasure.

[ clue deleted ]

> with all members of the razor boomerangs being custodians of the map.

I approve of this as well.

Hmmm... I suggest that the Political Party known as the Razor Boomerangs
go to the Library.  I approve of this suggestion.

Let's see if this works.

- -Hubert

$665.95: the Retail Price of the Beast. 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:01:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Important actions

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

> > else.  This does not happen automatically, but pends the other players'
> > approval.
> 
> I thought you had to specify whose possession it was created in now?

E is, of course, correct.  Since the above suggestion never happened, I
suggest the Order of the Razor Boomerang use eir Secret Laboratory to
create a The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really in my
possession.  This happens because I am the Founder.  [ JT and Ayla had
approved it already; Joe Java doesn't count. :-) ]

It will be ready in three days.  And counting.

- -Hubert

$665.95: the Retail Price of the Beast. 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:10:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AR-F

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

>> They did unfortunately.  It was amended back into a capitol office.. the
>> question is, did the election really end before that happened or did it
>> end today (it seems like way more than 3 days since it started, but ... I
>> could be hallucinating)
>> 
>> --JT
>
>It is more than three days since it started. 5 to be precise.

As far as I can tell, the following occured.
On May 12, the nomination occured and the proposal was proposed.
On May 15th the voting should have started, but it didn't.
On May 17th the voting started.
On May 19th the Proposal was made into law making it a capitol office.
On May 20th the voting ended.

I believe that i don't have the office because the voting started later
than it should have.

In the even that I don't have the office, I ask the financier to please
begin an auction on this office.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:13:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Treasure burial

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Eric Plumb wrote:
>Hmmm... I suggest that the Political Party known as the Razor Boomerangs
>go to the Library.  I approve of this suggestion.

I approve of this suggestion.

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:42:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3116

> > I'd be willing to playtest it if we could get enough people together for a
> > quick game, sure. (maybe sometime this weekend?)  The problem with this
> > declared playtest is how does someone try for 0 when everyone knows that
> > they are.  Perhaps there could be one 'disinterested' party who would pick
> > one player at the beginning (privately) and tell them to try for 0, so
> > that only the observer and the player knew?

> > I think it would be easier than you think, but am willing to be proven
> > wrong.  I'd still prefer if this were retracted until we could try this
> > playtest out.

> Very well. I retract proposal 3116. Who's up for a playtest of this idea? And
> when should it be? I can be free pretty much anytime in the next week between
> about 9:00pm and 11:00pm next week, so long as I have sufficient warning. I
> would propose Sunday if we can get enough people together.

Since I got pointedly excluded from the last game(of Fictionary, I presume
this is), I'd be willing to try.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--4 Non Blondes:Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
Current Book--Vivian Vande Velde:The Changeling Prince
It might rain money.  It might rain love.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:47:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Treasure burial

> On Fri, 22 May 1998, Eric Plumb wrote:
> >Hmmm... I suggest that the Political Party known as the Razor Boomerangs
> >go to the Library.  I approve of this suggestion.

> I approve of this suggestion.

Maybe the Harfmeister should pronounce the Political Party known as the
Razor Boomerangs Funky & Stylish.  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--4 Non Blondes:Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
Current Book--Vivian Vande Velde:The Changeling Prince
A committee is a life form with six or more legs and no brain.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:51:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Ambassadorness

K 2 wrote:
> > > I suggest that the Metamorph party accept Pumpkin Patch Nomic as a
> Member.

> > I approve of this suggestion
> > Niccolo Flychuck

> I suggest that the church of the Good Ballot Stuffer approves this suggestion
> and since I am the founder this happens (GBS approving, not the Patch
> becoming a member).

I also approve.  This leaves only J. M. Bear to approve, I think.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--4 Non Blondes:Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
Current Book--Vivian Vande Velde:The Changeling Prince
I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:55:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: AR-F

> I believe that i don't have the office because the voting started later
> than it should have.

> In the even that I don't have the office, I ask the financier to please
> begin an auction on this office.

To close off the threads, in the event that you _do_ have the Office, which
is now Capital, you should transfer it to the Treasury and then do the same.
:-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--4 Non Blondes:Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
Current Book--Vivian Vande Velde:The Changeling Prince
The more things change, the more they remain things.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 20:22:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AR-F

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
>> I believe that i don't have the office because the voting started later
>> than it should have.
>
>> In the even that I don't have the office, I ask the financier to please
>> begin an auction on this office.
>
>To close off the threads, in the event that you _do_ have the Office, which
>is now Capital, you should transfer it to the Treasury and then do the same.
>:-)

Heh :) Why :)  If I won it before it became capital, I really do have it, 
but I don't believe I do. (and I'm getting annoyed, this is the second
time I should have gotten this seat, first by the auction that didn't
happen, and now possibly by the fact that it became capital right before I
got it :/)

Sheesh.. :)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 20:26:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Misc: What Phoebe Says

I was stumbling around Malenkai's Castle late today, wondering
if it would rename me -- and well, you know the drill, I found 
Phoebe.

"Pheobe", I says, "are you gonna try to repeal me?"

"Nah", she says, "Methinks you learned you lesson."

"So", I says, "What about this talk of 'economics' and 'Acka'?" 

"Not even close", she says, "wait until they can do better than
Fictionary definitions, then get into the debate.  Wait until
they explain how A$ are a measure of effort, production or fun,
and then you will be able to relate.  If they change 'anti-voting'
to 'flow-voting', for lack of a better example, and still create
scoring chits ex nihilo and call it an 'economy', then the time 
to enter the debate has yet to come".

"Cool", I says, "I was sort of thinking that myself.  Oh BTW, I 
discovered a couple of those Finno-Uralic lake thingies: I think
they are missing two things.  One, the same continuing migration 
started by Guy Fawkes in the rules a long time ago is indicated,
and secondly, the evil twin refers to b---"

"BORING!", she interrupted, "I do not waste my time on things of
zero 'economic' worth, like misshapen blobs of A$ referred to as
Treasures.  I have more important things to do, such as mining the
wisdom of the ancients."

"Um", I says, "you better start digging then.  You should know the
economics of treasure hunting is not in the A$."

"Anyway", she says, "I've been wondering a few things, like, why
did you come back?"

"Well", I says, "I just want to hang with cool people, play subgames,
and hide treasures."

"Cool", she says, "Perhaps I would be interested in some clues after
all.  I'll give /dev/joe a run for his money."

"K", I continued, "the evil twin refers to b---"

But as I was speaking, I and all the land receeded from the matchbox;
Acka had gone missing.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 20:39:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Earth.

H*bert:
>   If treasure 137 is still buried then I create a trinket worth 100 A$
> named Earth and with a description.  "A full size representation of the
> Earth.  As events change the Earth this trinket changes also..."
> 
>   I have at least one gadget, and want to possess, love, hug, and call the
> silver key george.

In all threads where the trinket creation above succeeded and the treasure
is buried, H*bert has found the silver key.  The map follows.  In all 
other threads, I choose to reveal the following portion of the map:

"
A player who possesses an entity named 'Earth', or 'Silver Key xyzzy Key',
at least one gadget, and publically says: "I have at least one
gadget, and want to possess, love, hug, and call the silver key george."
shall find the silver key treasure.
"

saaremaa

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 20:40:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Phoebe

breadbox has found Phoebe this time.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--The Four Tops:Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch(I Can't Help Myself)
Current Book--Vivian Vande Velde:The Changeling Prince
God knows where the yellow went.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 21:29:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Vacation

I decline all CFJs assigned to me that I have not 
passed judgement on (there is one I worked with /dev/joe
on that we finished, but for some reason I have not seen
it, so I do not know its state).

Expected duration is the difference between June 8th,
18:00, and the time of this post.

saaremaa

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 22:55:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The Infrequent Ackan Volume 1 Issue 23

>I must admit I made a mistake in my argument.  Merely cutting everyone's
>gain of A$ by 75% would do very little - after a while all that would
>result is that prices would of course fall correspondingly.  However, the
>A$ distribution fall would not affect officer salaries unless someone
>decided to link them into the proposal.  So officer salaries would, in
>relative terms, have quadrupled.
	Also, it would give an advantage to the established players, since
new ones wouldn't own large stores of A$.  However all this is dealt with
simply by quadroupling dividends.  I'm not saying that that specific
proposal was at the right time and place, but I still support the idea and
think the flaws are negligible.

- --
- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 22:55:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The Infrequent Ackan Volume 1 Issue 23

>I must admit I made a mistake in my argument.  Merely cutting everyone's
>gain of A$ by 75% would do very little - after a while all that would
>result is that prices would of course fall correspondingly.  However, the
>A$ distribution fall would not affect officer salaries unless someone
>decided to link them into the proposal.  So officer salaries would, in
>relative terms, have quadrupled.
	Also, it would give an advantage to the established players, since
new ones wouldn't own large stores of A$.  However all this is dealt with
simply by quadroupling dividends.  I'm not saying that that specific
proposal was at the right time and place, but I still support the idea and
think the flaws are negligible.

- --
- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #167
*******************************