Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #156
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest        Saturday, May 16 1998        Volume 03 : Number 156

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 20:25:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Discovery

Paying A$20 and playing my Scientist For A Day Otzma Card, I hereby announce
the following Discovery:

Transtemporal Holographic Image Recording Device

A Transtemporal Holographic Image Recording Device(or THIRD)is a wonderful
mechanical Gadget created from Ancient science.

Using a THIRD, a player may select any past public message or set thereof,
and copy it onto a Master Holotape.  To do so, the player must quote the
text of each message publicly, and pay into the Treasury a fee of A$1
for each week or portion thereof prior to the present time each message
was posted.  The player must also give a name to the Master Holotape(which
is a named entity).

A player with a THIRD and a Master Holotape may pay A$5 and create a
Holotape Copy, which contains the same text as the Master Holotape(this
text need not be posted again to the public forum to do so).  Holotape
Copies are named tradeable entities, and the name given to each is the
name of the Master Holotape it was created from, with "Copy #N" appended,
where "N" is the smallest integer necessary to make a unique name.

Master Holotapes and Holotape Copies are tradeable entities.  When either
is traded, the player who trades it must provide a copy of the text for
any Holotapes being traded to the recipient of the trade.

When this Blueprint becomes Qualified, a Transtemporal Holographic Image
Recording Device is created in the possession of the creator of this
Blueprint, then this sentence is deleted from the Blueprint.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Meryn Cadell:Abelyne
Current Book--Michael Coney:Cat Karina
Greenness disintegrates.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 21:07:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Retraction

I retract proposal 3069 as Alfvaen pointed out some fatal flaws in it.

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to sieze the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 22:43:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Raquel Peres da Silva" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 591 (TRUE)

> Ayla, the page was at http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/entity/tarred.html

*Now* e tells me that... :-(

I did try to find this page. I don't know why I didn't find it, but the
fact is... I didn't. Well... let it be judged. Points come easy, then they
go easy... <sigh>

Yours,

Ayla (who's willing to see Slakko post a a sonnet in iambic pentameter) ;-)
Priestess of the Order of the Razor Boomerangs
Priestess of the Church of the Evil Ballot Stuffer

Law of Cat Magnetism: All blue blazers and black sweaters attract cat hair
in direct proportion to the darkness of the fabric.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #156
*******************************