Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #134
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest         Saturday, May 2 1998         Volume 03 : Number 134

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 15:10:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Snowgod's Disease

I wrote on Apr 28:
> rufus wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
> > > The ing word for the next round of fictionary is mho.
> 
> > which is, of course, [definition censored]
> 
> I am calling a snowgod's disease hearing against rufus.

The proposal modifying hearings yesterday made me the hearing harfer
for this hearing, and since count tabula never announced it, I will
do so now.

The responses for this hearing are:

"Yes, why just yesterday e posted a letter to eir aunt!"
"No, e, uh, meant to do that."

Reply to vote.

/dev/joe
Undergraduate Med Student, apparently :-o

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 15:18:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: IRC

I'm not on there at the moment but will be going on in about twenty minutes
time. Feel free to join me then.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 15:18:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 578 (FALSE)

Idiot Boy has judged this FALSE. And it only took me a day and a half to
distribute this verdict. :-)

Clerk of the Courts
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 578- April 30, 1998
Subject: *ping*
Initiator: K 2 (sent April 30, 1998, 00:55)
Judge: IdiotBoy (selected April 30, 1998, 17:39)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:
the entity known as The pedestal of *ping* is a Majik.

Initiator's Reasoning:
Rule 506.1 (Magik) reads as follows::
>An existing Trinket can be made into a Majik by the Archaeologist.

Since this sentence places no restrictions on what may be made majik,
all trinkets are eligible.

>A player who owns a Trinket worth more than A$99 can ask
>in a public message if that Trinket is special. If the 
>Archaeologist replies publicly within 3 days
>"This Trinket is Majik", then the Trinket becomes a Majik.

The second part doesn't place restrictions on what the Archaeologist may
make majik, rather it outlines a method by which a player with a high
value trinket may _ask_ to have it converted into a Majik. It doesn't
appear to conflict with the first part so precedence is not an issue.

Thus it was possible for the Archaeologist to make The Pedestal of
*ping* Majik.

Judge's Comments:
If we follow the logical progression of the rule in question (506.1),
there is no confusion about the meaning and application said rule: 

	An existing Trinket can be made into a Majik by the Archaeologist. 

This is a statement of fact that gives the power to make trinkets Majik to
the Archaeologist.  No where in this sentence does it give a procedure by
which the Archaeologist may make this conversion.

	A player who owns a Trinket worth more than A$99 can ask in a
	public message if that Trinket is special. If the Archaeologist
	replies publicly within 3 days "This Trinket is Majik", then the
	Trinket becomes a Majik. 

These sentences lay out a procedure by which the Archaeologist may make
Trinkets Majik.  I can find no other references in the rules to ways in
which the Archaeologist may exercise the power the make Trinkets Majik.

The Initiator's reasoning doesn't track within any of the ruleset.  As an
example review the verbage of Rule 408, which begins:

	The Office of the Tabulator is a Functional Office. The Duties of the
	Tabulator are: 

	(a) to count votes on each proposal. 
 
By the Initiator's reasoning, since this sentence says that the Tabulator
may count votes on each proposal, we can assume that the Tabulator has the
right to count any votes he chooses (perhaps even to the point of counting
multiple votes from himself), despite the fact that the means, methods and
eligibilities of voting are laid out elsewhere in the rules.

Only methods which are laid out in the rules for manipulating Entities
(and by extension the game state) are acceptable within that context.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 17:01:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Raquel Peres da Silva" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2930

As rule 1136 has been repealed - under my most vehement protest - , I
hereby retract Proposal 2930, who was supposed to amend it.

Yours,

Ayla
Priestess of the Order of the Razor Boomerangs
Priestess of the Church of the Evil Ballot Stuffer

Law of Cat Inertia: A cat at rest will tend to remain at rest, unless acted
upon by some outside force -- such as the opening of cat food, or a nearby
scurrying mouse.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 17:24:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: retraction

Just to end the controversy, I retract 2958 and will resubmit it more
correctly worded.. Sheesh :)

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 18:13:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Let's Go a Duelling (Koxvolio v TGW)

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> On behalf of His Extreme Holiness Koxvolio the Only, I, Slakko, Priest of
> the Church to the Evil Ballot Stuffer, do serve notice upon The Gingham
> Wearer, heretic leader of the Church of the *ptooey* that eir presence is
> requested on the Duelling field.
> 
> Grave wrongs have been committed by this Gingham Wearer against the Church
> to the Evil Ballot Stuffer, its loyal members and its righteous followers.
> E has consistently failed to rein in the slanderous claims of eir own
> Church's *ptooey* members, who have lied about the glorious righteousness
> of the Church to the Evil Ballot Stuffer.
> 
> We demand your acceptance of this Challenge to Duel.  Choose your weapons,
> and prepare to be humiliated.  Oh, and find yourself a second, too - we
> wouldn't want the humiliation to be restricted to yours.

At the behest of The Gingham Wearer, Founder and Most High Poobah of the
Church of the Good Ballot Stuffer, and indeed on behalf of all that is
Holy and Harfy, I most imperiously demand of the vile and unworthy
Koxvolio that, before any acceptance of this Challenge is made, this
blasphemous founder of the upstart Church of the *raspberry* Evil Ballot
Stuffer publically agree that upon completion of the Duel, the loser post
a message of at least 10 lines praising the object of veneration of the
Winner's Church.

Put your merit where your mouth is, Koxie.  Only then will we deign to
vanquish you utterly with the power given us by Castle Greyskull.  Uh, the
Good Ballot Stuffer, that is.

(Oh, and TGW should publically agree to this too.)

- -Hubert

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 18:20:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Herald.

>>>> Hmm, so what would a red and white checked shield with a penguin on
>>>> it represent (other than nothing)? I'm sure I can come up with
>>>> something with a meaning though.
> 
>>> With a few exceptions, heraldic emblems have no intrinsic meaning or
>>> encoded significance. (I know a bar sinister has been used to indicate
>>> an illegitimate birth, an an example of one exception.)
> 
>>   'scuse me!  THINK!  bar=horizontal line.  sinister=left.  ???
> 
> That's right.  What is wanted here is the _baton_ sinister, which is
> a diagonal line going from bottom left to upper right, except that it
> is "couped" so it doesn't reach the edges of the shield.

ARGH. Okay, yes, once again, my mistake. Mea maxima culpa. The term
"bar sinister" is often used by people unacquainted with heraldry in
general, and is completely incorrect. I guess I've heard it the wrong
way too many times, and it just slipped out. (It's been ten years
since I last studied this stuff - gimme a break.)

> The bordure wavy is another common sign of illegitimacy.

That's a new one on me.

> However, most of the heraldry books I've run across say that there
> is no _certain_ sign of illegitimacy.

Certainly true, which was in part the original point I was making all
along. However, it appears that later on, the baton sinister was
rarely used for anything else, since it had become so well-known. In
fact, even the bend sinister fell into disuse, since it was so often
confused with the baton sinister. (And if there was such a thing as a
bar sinister, I'm sure it would be avoided like the plague.)

   ... Tom set to work to think out the coat of arms. By and by he
   said he'd struck so many good ones he didn't hardly know which to
   take, but there was one which he reckoned he'd decide on. He says:
      "On the scutcheon we'll have a bend OR in the dexter base, a
   saltire MURREY in the fess, with a dog, couchant, for common
   charge, and under his foot a chain embattled, for slavery, with a
   chevron VERT in a chief engrailed, and three invected lines on a
   field AZURE, with the nombril points rampant on a dancette
   indented; crest, a runaway nigger, SABLE, with his bundle over his
   shoulder on a bar sinister; and a couple of gules for supporters,
   which is you and me; motto, 'Maggiore fretta, minore atto'. Got it
   out of a book--means the more haste the less speed."
      "Geewhillikins," I says, "but what does the rest of it mean?"
      "We ain't got no time to bother over that," he says; "we got to
   dig in like all git-out."
      "Well, anyway," I says, "what's SOME of it? What's a fess?"
      "A fess--a fess is--YOU don't need to know what a fess is. I'll
   show him how to make it when he gets to it."
      "Shucks, Tom," I says, "I think you might tell a person. What's
   a bar sinister?"
      "Oh, I don't know. But he's got to have it. All the nobility
   does."

[... from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. When I read this as a
kid, I tried to reconstruct the coat of arms described. Not yet being
very familiar with blazonry, it took me a while to realize that
although it starts out more-or-less okay, by the end it has become a
complete hash.]

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 18:26:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Let's Go a Duelling (Koxvolio v TGW)

> At the behest of The Gingham Wearer, Founder and Most High Poobah of the
> Church of the Good Ballot Stuffer, and indeed on behalf of all that is
> Holy and Harfy, I most imperiously demand of the vile and unworthy
> Koxvolio that, before any acceptance of this Challenge is made, this
> blasphemous founder of the upstart Church of the *raspberry* Evil Ballot
> Stuffer publically agree that upon completion of the Duel, the loser post
> a message of at least 10 lines praising the object of veneration of the
> Winner's Church.
> 
> Put your merit where your mouth is, Koxie.  Only then will we deign to
> vanquish you utterly with the power given us by Castle Greyskull.  Uh, the
> Good Ballot Stuffer, that is.
> 
> (Oh, and TGW should publically agree to this too.)

I do publicly agree to it if Koxvolio does (i.e. I agree that if I lose and
Koxvolio has agreed to the same condition then I will write ten lines
praising the object of veneration of my opponents church).

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 18:29:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Herald.

>> The bordure wavy is another common sign of illegitimacy.
>
>That's a new one on me.

Amusingly enough, this came up as a trivia question in an Imperial Nomic
that I ran once upon a time :)

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 18:30:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal retraction

>> Damn.. Huberted again :)  I retract prop 2964 if it hasn't already been
>> judged illegal due to the fact that it duplicates (at least in intent
>> and effect if not wording) the recent proposal by K 2.
> 
> It's not a clear case of duplication, so it would take a CFJ to render
> it invalid.

Well, not necessarily. Game custom has held that it doesn't require a
CFJ if the duplicity is clear enough. Yes, I know what the rule says,
and yes, I admit that game custom could be completely wrong. This rule
has always bugged me and if someone wants to submit a proposal to fix
it, I will vote for it.

Anyway, for precedence I used Proposals 1855 and 1857, in which the
latter was removed without the use of CFJ. It seemed to me that the
proposals in this case were no less similar than that pair, so I
marked 2964 as being removed.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 18:34:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Herald.

On Sat, 2 May 1998, JT Traub wrote:

> >> The bordure wavy is another common sign of illegitimacy.
> >
> >That's a new one on me.
> 
> Amusingly enough, this came up as a trivia question in an Imperial Nomic
> that I ran once upon a time :)

Amusingly enough, this came up as a trivia question I asked in an Imperial
Nomic that I played once upon a time :)

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 18:35:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: pTang sighting

Just looking around the other Nomics, it appears that Mark Nau is
currently playing CharNomic.  Does anyone think there's a chance of
coaxing em back to Acka (we seem to be having a lot of success with old
Players lately :-)).

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 18:35:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 578 (FALSE)

> Idiot Boy has judged this FALSE. And it only took me a day and a
> half to distribute this verdict. :-)

For the record, I was the Archaeologist at the time that Malenkai
first made his request. After discussing it with him, I didn't agree
that the rule contained the loophole he felt it did, which I why I
didn't act on it. (Otherwise I certainly would have.) I'm glad to see
that IdiotBoy came to the same conclusion as I did.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 19:01:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Moving Pictures

At TGW's request, I have taken over the Portrait Gallery. The new address is
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~plumb/acka/gallery/gallery.htm

I added pictures for myself, Joe Java, JT, and Koxvolio.  Let me know if I
missed yours, or send me one (preferably as a URL, but you can include an
attachment if you want) if you'd like your picture up there.

I know I need to add spaces for Pandora, Astro, Ayla, and J. M. Bear, just
to name a few.  In a while, in a while.

I was also thinking of changing the format and including a short bio of
each player.  Please let me know whether or not you like this idea and, if
so, what, if anything, I should write about you.  (Otherwise I'll write
something myself.)

- -Hubert

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps. 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 19:08:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Nyarlathotep

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

> > Did I eever do zis? I cen't remembeer.
> > 
> > Vell: It's alive! Nyarlathotep IS ALIVE!
> > 
> > I rezign ez Mad Zientizt.
> 
> Am I right in thinking that Nyarlathotep gets transferred to me and I become
> Mad Scientist now? Or does the existence of the office of Nyarlathotep stop
> this from working? And in that case who would become Mad Scientist?
> 
  I am Nyarlathotep!  I insist you transfer me to me!

 H*bert.

 :-)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 19:16:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: No dead players

I point out to the Speaker that Enigma is AWOL according to Rule 257,
and request that the Speaker send the necessary query.

(Enigma has recently unsubscribed from the mailing lists, and did not
respond to a private message I sent requesting that e formally quit.
It is therefore my opinion that we should begin the process of
removing em from the game.)

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 19:33:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Ackanomicon Determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Player: K 2
# Ackanomicon determination
# based on the following (using a 50 sided die):
# 1 -15: arcane trivia
# 16-20: vile prophecies
# 21-25: inner workings
# 26-30: arcane lore
# 31-33: terrorizing pages
# 34-34: ancient artifact
# 35-36: mutation
# 37-38: dark domain
# 39-39: the secret
# 40-41: long lost treasure
# 42-43: doomsday
# 44-44: forbidden fruit
# 45-45: catastrophe
# 46-49: not so forbidden fruit
# 50-50: ancient one
# Note that there was no Stock Market Crash page at the time K 2
# read the Book.  I believe that there's also a Secret page still,
# but if there isn't it won't make much of a difference unless
# 39 happens to come up again...
# Alfvaen

No. of sides on every die:     50
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

     12

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Sat May  2 16:32:58 1998
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id QAA21904 for <[email-masked]>; Sat, 2 May 1998 16:32:58 -0700
> Received: from edtntnt1-port-55.agt.net(198.161.157.121) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma021900; Sat May  2 16:32:51 1998
> Received: (from alfvaen@localhost) by edtntnt1-port-55.telusplanet.net (8.7.6/8.7.3) id RAA00953 for [email-masked]; Sat, 2 May 1998 17:32:06 -0600
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: Book
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 17:32:06 -0600 (MDT)
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
> Content-Type: text
> 
> 
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 50
> #D 1
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: Ackanomicon Determination
> 
> #C Player: K 2
> #C Ackanomicon determination
> #C based on the following (using a 50 sided die):
> #C 1 -15: arcane trivia
> #C 16-20: vile prophecies
> #C 21-25: inner workings
> #C 26-30: arcane lore
> #C 31-33: terrorizing pages
> #C 34-34: ancient artifact
> #C 35-36: mutation
> #C 37-38: dark domain
> #C 39-39: the secret
> #C 40-41: long lost treasure
> #C 42-43: doomsday
> #C 44-44: forbidden fruit
> #C 45-45: catastrophe
> #C 46-49: not so forbidden fruit
> #C 50-50: ancient one
> 
> #C Note that there was no Stock Market Crash page at the time K 2
> #C read the Book.  I believe that there's also a Secret page still,
> #C but if there isn't it won't make much of a difference unless
> #C 39 happens to come up again...
> #C Alfvaen
> 
> 

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBNUutMz8NitsTFjcVAQE9eQP/V7Y/hYOQ8cnR+Z/zh4/TmEQfHlD16Ji8
adnZbOL7MrUarBVJjc6WMHrPcp5HmlTKYkm68NUtsq2QTEOSDcpUjW2JFh00uXBx
Q7PryWgF3LylXaLc8z9x4ebFv4Nt8QUmJYXfckqcHCTlJBhdKLaYVt/IGcahrihj
ov51t0rYO1o=
=gSy0
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:02:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Let's Go a Duelling (Koxvolio v TGW)

> > On behalf of His Extreme Holiness Koxvolio the Only, I, Slakko, Priest of
> > the Church to the Evil Ballot Stuffer, do serve notice upon The Gingham
> > Wearer, heretic leader of the Church of the *ptooey* that eir presence is
> > requested on the Duelling field.
> 
> At the behest of The Gingham Wearer, Founder and Most High Poobah of the
> Church of the Good Ballot Stuffer, and indeed on behalf of all that is
> Holy and Harfy, I most imperiously demand of the vile and unworthy
> Koxvolio that, before any acceptance of this Challenge is made, this
> blasphemous founder of the upstart Church of the *raspberry* Evil Ballot
> Stuffer publically agree that upon completion of the Duel, the loser post
> a message of at least 10 lines praising the object of veneration of the
> Winner's Church.

Yeah, yeah. I have no trouble in agreeing to this impudent condition - I
have right (and the ability to Stuff Ballots) on my side, and will
prevail.

I look forward to reading your paltry offerings of praise to the Great
Evil Ballot Stuffer.

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:11:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: That's just silly

> Sorry - my mistake there.  On further examination, no player called
> saaremaa exists.  The procedure for Returning players converts the undead
> _with_that_name_ into a player, and does not make a new player.  So
> despite saaremaa's registration, there is still an undead called Malenkai,
> and no player called saaremaa.

That depends on whether or not the creation of the returning player rests
on the transformation of the Undead, or their becoming "registered".

Also, I believe that it is illegal for an Undead named Malenkai(or, for
that matter, Red Barn or mr cwm)to exist by Rule 348.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Alan Parsons Project:Pyramid
Current Book--Dick Francis:Hot Money
K is for Kate who was struck with an axe, L is for Leo who swallowed some tacks.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:11:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Preservation Declaration

> As Archivist, I am issuing a Preservation Declaration on the following
> possessions:

> The Purple Key to the Vault
> The Chartreuse Key to the Vault
> The Gold Key to the Vault
> The Bronze Key to the Vault

> I am also chiding Alfvaen for changing the P/E page to once again include
> these entities halfway through my proposal's voting period.  Bad
> Financier! No treat for you!

Wait'll you see the return of the Silver Key!

> I also point out to Vynd that Treasure 137 is not listed as Buried on the
> P/E page (which does list Buried Treasures).

That's because I considered it to no longer exist when I thought that it
didn't contain any entities.  I think that the fact that the Silver Key is
no longer Tradeable does not mean that it is no longer buried, either,
though it would be impossible to bury it again now...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Alan Parsons Project:Pyramid
Current Book--Dick Francis:Hot Money
I was the kid-next-door's imaginary playmate.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:11:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Proposal 2920: Tidying up

> I realize that the following really falls under the aegis of the OiCoRT
> - the fact that the entities were distributed is correct,
> the recipients may not be ;)

> Pursuant to rule 1010 the following events occurred with respect to
> organizational ownership:

> * Shell#10 is a society and consequently cannot own gadgets.
> * Shell#10 distributed its Whamiol automatically to else...if
> * Shell#10 distributed its Silver Spaceship to The Gingham Wearer
> (just what the org would have done had it been able to earlier)

This has a 1 in 6 chance of having occurred, and it turns out that is indeed
what happened.

> RexBank is a society and consequently cannot own Otzma Cards, Garments
> or Trinkets. Fortunately for Rex trinkets are only destroyed when they
> are received be a society.

> * RexBank distributed its otzma go fish to Rex Mundi
> * RexBank distributed its wool sweater to The Gingham Wearer
> * RexBank distributed its trinket I Opposed P2241 #1 to K 2

Actually, TGW got "I Opposed P2241 #1", and K 2 got the Wool Sweater.

> If it is the case that I own I Opposed P2241 #1 I gift that entity to
> Rex Mundi. If Rex Mundi wants to get eir hands on Rex Bank's money, I
> can leave and the VSO will take care of it....

> I'm not sure about this but if extra heads are entities then Vulcan (a
> party) and cannot own em.
> * Vulcan distributed 1 extra head mutation to Vynd
> * Vulcan distributed 1 extra head mutation to ThinMan

I don't think that mutations are entities.

> I suggest the organizations named Shell#n where n is replaced with a
> number between 1 and 9 disband, I then leave those organizations.

If you're leaving, then what happens to the action you suggested?

> Shell#1-9 are now VSO and may not own A$.
> * Shell#1-9 each transfer A$25 to Slakko
> * Shell#1-9 each transfer A$25 to else...if

Ooh, that's a sneaky trick.  :-)

> I suggest that all organizations of which I am a member and contain the
> string Shell in them except Shell#10 disband.

And high time, too.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Alan Parsons Project:Pyramid
Current Book--Dick Francis:Hot Money
My grandfather picks up quartz and valuable onyx jewels.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2930

> As rule 1136 has been repealed - under my most vehement protest - , I
> hereby retract Proposal 2930, who was supposed to amend it.

Unfortunately, this occurred just hours after Ayla's new player status
expired.  Sorry, that'll teach you to listen to me.  :-/

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Alan Parsons Project:What Goes Up...
Current Book--Dick Francis:Hot Money
Get rid of your candy bar.  Eat your candy bar.  --billbill

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:41:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Nothing Sux

> What about the second sentence of the rule - Robert Sevin (the building is
> not owned by Mohammed - check the maplynx) has sufficient kaa to
> accomodate eir own building.  I'm trying to give it back to em.

I think that my intention was that you could either reattach someone
else's building for em, or take the building for your own if you got eir
permission and paid em money for it.  But it's been so long since I wrote
the original Proposal that that Blueprint was based on, that I can't
remember what I was thinking.

This should probably go to CFJ, and if it didn't work then at least the
Electrolux didn't get destroyed, and the Blueprint should probably be
fixed to allow for such altruistic uses.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Annie Lennox:Little Bird
Current Book--Dick Francis:Hot Money
Double, double, toil and trouble, only $1.50 this week at Bud's!

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:47:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Making an EBS

The Church to the Evil Ballot Stuffer is beginning construction of an Evil
Ballot Stuffer, to be created in the possession of H*bert. It will be
ready in three days.

rufus, this was done by random selection - you'll be next.

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 21:06:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Frink Hearing

Rule 1199 requires me to call a hearing on what the preterit of the
word "frink" shall be.

The valid results for this Hearing are the following: "frank", "frinked",
"frought", "knirf".

Other suggestions may be submitted as well, and in case of a tie they
will be put into consideration on the next round.

This is on acka-priv, so reply to vote.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Shriekback:The Infinite
Current Book--Dick Francis:Hot Money
I'm having a hard time swallowing this--gimma a dogma bag.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 21:22:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: (Acka:) Proposal 2920: Tidying up

Ooh!  Ooh!  breadbox, are you going to Hose Alfvaen and K 2?

- -Hubert

When in Rome, do as the Visigoths do. 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 21:36:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Let's Go a Duelling (Koxvolio v TGW)

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Ian K. wrote:

> > At the behest of The Gingham Wearer, Founder and Most High Poobah of the
> > Church of the Good Ballot Stuffer, and indeed on behalf of all that is
> > Holy and Harfy, I most imperiously demand of the vile and unworthy
> > Koxvolio that, before any acceptance of this Challenge is made, this
> > blasphemous founder of the upstart Church of the *raspberry* Evil Ballot
> > Stuffer publically agree that upon completion of the Duel, the loser post
> > a message of at least 10 lines praising the object of veneration of the
> > Winner's Church.
> 
> Yeah, yeah. I have no trouble in agreeing to this impudent condition - I
> have right (and the ability to Stuff Ballots) on my side, and will
> prevail.

I shall take this as evidence of your agreement.  Note that Rule 1215 now
requires you to do so upon your imminent loss at the hands of TGW, the
Founder of the Church of the Almighty GBS.  So don't be thinking you can
slime your way out of it like the Evil scumbeing you are.

> I look forward to reading your paltry offerings of praise to the Great
> Evil Ballot Stuffer.

Since both TGW and Koxvolio have agreed to the above conditions, I hereby
accept on behalf of Archfounder The Gingham Wearer the pitiful attempt at
a Duel Challenge offered vicariously through Slakko by Koxvolio.  

As eager as TGW is to show this young upstart eir place, eir heart is
filled with sorrow and, yes, pity for the foolish and impetuous novice
that is Koxvolio.  E has requested that I convey eir extreme regret that
the player e mentored -- raised with eir own hands from a tiny baby --
should turn against em in such a reprehensible manner.

He.  Is.  Not.  Your.  Mentor.  And e has the "I Opposed P2241 #1"
trinket, so e can make the lightsaber noises to prove it.

Nevertheless, the Good Ballot Stuffer is infinitely merciful and the
Great Shepherd TGW hopes that this wayward sheep of eirs may soon be
reclaimed by the one true flock.  The lesson may be painful for
Koxvolio, but sometimes you can't make an omelette without taking the
bull by the horns and mixing your metaphors horribly.  Trust us, Koxvolio:
this is going to hurt you more than it hurts TGW, but as you will be truly
redeemed by the experience, it's all worth it to em.

To this end, e has decided that the contest shall take place on the holy
battlefield of Ye Olde Rusty Lantern.  If no uninvolved party volunteers
to referee within a day or so, I shall do so.  Even if I must be the
Bartender, Acka may count on my impartiality and sense of Fair Play.  I
am of the Good ilk, and not prone to cheating.

Not like them Evil types.

- -Hubert

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes. 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 21:59:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Moving Pictures

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Eric Plumb wrote:

> 
> At TGW's request, I have taken over the Portrait Gallery. The new address is
> http://www2.hawaii.edu/~plumb/acka/gallery/gallery.htm
> 
> I added pictures for myself, Joe Java, JT, and Koxvolio.  Let me know if I
> missed yours, or send me one (preferably as a URL, but you can include an
> attachment if you want) if you'd like your picture up there.
> 
> I know I need to add spaces for Pandora, Astro, Ayla, and J. M. Bear, just
> to name a few.  In a while, in a while.
> 
> I was also thinking of changing the format and including a short bio of
> each player.  Please let me know whether or not you like this idea and, if
> so, what, if anything, I should write about you.  (Otherwise I'll write
> something myself.)

Sounds good to me.  Make sure to include that bit about me being an Evil
Overlord that bestrode the world like a colossus.

                                 - Vynd

[email-masked]
> 
> -Hubert
> 
> Consciousness: that annoying time between naps. 
> 
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 22:50:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Raquel Peres da Silva" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2930

> > As rule 1136 has been repealed - under my most vehement protest - , I
> > hereby retract Proposal 2930, who was supposed to amend it.
> 
> Unfortunately, this occurred just hours after Ayla's new player status
> expired.  Sorry, that'll teach you to listen to me.  :-/

I did listen to you, the problem is that I didn't listen carefully. If I
hadn't listen to you at all, I'd have let the proposal follow its way, and
it would have caused no harm. I guess I did something like "Oh! A message
to me! Let me see: Alfaven, Proposal 2930 is going to be a Null Proposal,
blablabla, up to you, won't lose any points, retract it for free... OK! Let
me see if there's some message from the Eleusis guys!" <sigh> That's the
kind of thing I always do...

Easy comes, easy goes...

Yours,

Ayla
Priestess of the Order of the Razor Boomerangs
Priestess of the Church of the Evil Ballot Stuffer

Law of Cat Inertia: A cat at rest will tend to remain at rest, unless acted
upon by some outside force -- such as the opening of cat food, or a nearby
scurrying mouse.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 23:49:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: That's just silly

Alfvaen:

> As Founder of the Church of Azpiazu, I announce that said Church is
> transferring the Onyx Vase to Alfvaen, which is to say, me.
> 
> I am now frinking Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice from Malenkai's Vase.

I seem very rusty at this game :-)  I do not see any RHG that you
have access to, though, so I suppose this prolly fails.  Perhaps I
still need to learn the lay of new webscape, or you can show how you
have (had) RHG juice.

saaremaa

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #134
*******************************