Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #130
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Wednesday, April 29 1998       Volume 03 : Number 130

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 01:13:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Illuminatus

I am once again calling for Agenda Conditions.

All players may submit three conditions, except for the following players,
who own Visible Agenda Hats:

K 2 still owns the "Mutton Chops" Hat from two cycles ago, so may only
submit two conditions.

else...if owns Hats B2 and B13("B" being the second issued set of Agenda
Hats), so may only submit one condition.

Vynd owns Hat B9, so may only submit two conditions.

And Hubert owns Hat B21, so may only submit two conditions.
(Interestingly enough, Hubert also has the Nemesis Eggplant for B21,
which does not seem to be against the Rules...)

I also have an Illuminatus Page up now at
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/acka/illuminatus.html, with
the above information and a little bit more.  Once agenda bidding starts
up, it'll go into full swing, hopefully.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Enigma:MCMXC AD
Current Book--C.J. Cherryh:Chernevog
Give it an understanding but no tongue.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 01:16:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Illuminatus II

In order that snowgod's disease should not be exacerbated among the
general population, this message is sent to acka-priv in case you
don't want to post your Agenda Conditions to the main list.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Enigma:MCMXC AD
Current Book--C.J. Cherryh:Chernevog
Throw another leg on the fire.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 02:40:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Illuminatus

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> I am once again calling for Agenda Conditions.
> 
> All players may submit three conditions, except for the following players,
> who own Visible Agenda Hats:

Oi!  Rule 431 says three less the number of Agenda Hats owned, not Visible
Agenda Hats owned.  And non-Visible Agenda Hats are only destroyed at the
end of a Cycle if it was won by the Agent of KAOS method, so all the
Invisible Agenda Hats are still held, and prevent their owners from
submitting Agenda Conditions.

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 07:03:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: Frank Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: MetaMorph

Aaron V. Humphrey schrieb:

> > > > I'm asking the MetaMorph party to accept me as a member.
> > > I approve of accepting J. M. Bear as a member of MetaMorph.
> > I guess it will still take some time since Niccolo is on vacation...
> On the contrary, this means we don't have to wait for em.  :-)  All
> we're waiting for now is K 2's approval.

K2 approved. Am I a member now? :-)
J. M. Bear

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:05:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 577

TGW wrote:

>Oh yeah, and ThinMan's spelt with a capital M. <g>

I create a trinket, value A$10, named "a capital M."  It is a capital
M, similar to, but not the same as, the one with which "ThinMan" is
spelt.  One of the principal differences is that this M is green.

I give a capital M to TGW, in recognition of his watchfulness over the
correct spelling of my name.

ThinMan
:-)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:12:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Illuminatus

> > I am once again calling for Agenda Conditions.

> > All players may submit three conditions, except for the following players,
> > who own Visible Agenda Hats:

> Oi!  Rule 431 says three less the number of Agenda Hats owned, not Visible
> Agenda Hats owned.  And non-Visible Agenda Hats are only destroyed at the
> end of a Cycle if it was won by the Agent of KAOS method, so all the
> Invisible Agenda Hats are still held, and prevent their owners from
> submitting Agenda Conditions.

Then why does it say, right in Rule 666 b), "All...Agenda Hats that
are not being worn are destroyed"?  That was what I was going by.  All
Rule 607 states is that the Agent of KAOS's Hats, despite being worn,
are also destroyed.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Greg Kihn:Love & Rock & Roll
Current Book--C.J. Cherryh:Chernevog
Stupidity is everywhere, but creativity is better to find.  --billbill

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:28:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Misc: What Phoebe Said

I needed a rest, I decided.  The Parade planning had taken a lot out of
me, my stay in the Wilds(long time before I went on a Raft trip again,
I vowed) had been exhausting, and the weight of my Offices was starting
to tell.  So I returned to Tamson House to kick back for a while.

I didn't pay much attention to where I went once I entered, letting the
House decide for itself where I should go.  So I found myself in a room
I'd never seen before, with a big table covered with candles.  All kinds
of candles, singles, candelabra, menorahs, of all colours, shades, and
varieties thereof, with the possible exception of plaid.  None of them
were lit, but in the dimness I could see that there was a matchbox on
the table.

I picked it up and opened it, and out popped Phoebe the steel flea(as I
should have expected).  In an amazing burst of nanotech speed she leapt
from candle to candle and lit them all in a matter of seconds.  I was
dazzled for a moment by the sudden burst of light.

"Phoebe!" I said, in a fit of stating the obvious.

"Hello, Alfvaen," she said.  "How've you been doing?"

"Oh, not too bad.  Although a lot of things have been piling up on me.
This Parade description, for instance...it was enough work planning the
thing, but writing it all up too?  I'm not sure if I'm going to get done
in time."

"And I hear you ran into the B-Ack, too."

"Yes, I did.  Horrible creature.  Fifteen feet tall, with a tail like a
gigantic coral snake that had swallowed an octopus while it was eating
a killer whale!  Eyes as big as the entire ruleset of Ackanomic, with
rule suites for eyelashes!  Enormous sensing organs like Filet-O-Fish[TM]
sandwiches!  And a scream which resonated through all the harmonic
frequencies of every single bone, tendon, ligament, and piece of cartilage
in my body!  Not a very pleasant experience, I assure you."

"Well, cheer up," Phoebe said.  "Things will get better before they get
worse.  Or something like that."

"That's your wisdom?" I said, trying to keep the skepticism from my voice.

"No, of course not.  Just meaningless words of reassurance.  My wisdom
is: resigning as Financier is probably the right things to do.  Other
people can do it.  You can start actually having to read the PE page
again, and stop having to note every action that people take."

"What about Registrar?" I asked.

"Well, now, let's not get silly," she said.

With that, she dashed from candle to candle at nanotech speed and snuffed
them all out.  By the time I fumbled my way to the actual light switch on
the wall, she was gone.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--An Emotional Fish:Celebrate
Current Book--C.J. Cherryh:Chernevog
My gravity well has run dry.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:34:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Phoebe

Illusion has found Phoebe's matchbox.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--An Emotional Fish:Celebrate
Current Book--C.J. Cherryh:Chernevog
"Never eat a Mars Bar offered to you by Marianne Faithfull."  --Rosanna Arquette

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Just Like Majik

Ahem,
    By the power invested in me by rule Rule 506.1 as Archaeologist I
declare the following Trinkets to be Majik :

All trinkets who's name contains the string : 'Runestone of Jukkasjarvi
Fragment'.
Evil
The Pedestal of *ping*

K 2

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:00:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Illuminatus

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> Then why does it say, right in Rule 666 b), "All...Agenda Hats that
> are not being worn are destroyed"?  That was what I was going by.  All
> Rule 607 states is that the Agent of KAOS's Hats, despite being worn,
> are also destroyed.

Oopsie.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:18:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Just Like Majik

>Ahem,
>    By the power invested in me by rule Rule 506.1 as Archaeologist I
>declare the following Trinkets to be Majik :
>
>All trinkets who's name contains the string : 'Runestone of Jukkasjarvi
>Fragment'.
>Evil
>The Pedestal of *ping*

The way I read this, the player owning the trinket has to ask the
Archaeologist if the trinketis special AND the trinket has to be worth more
than 99 A$.  I see how you got your reading of 506.1, but I think the next
sentances are requirements on how the Archaeologist can do this, not
in addition.

IE: I think it's The archaelogist can declare a Trinket to be a Majik IF
    the next two things are true.
    You imply that The archeaologist can do so arbitrarily, AND a player
    can ask them to.

I'm not sure if this situation has happened before, so if it has, just let
me know and I'll hush :)

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:13:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: A New Priestess

In a quick break from the hectic schedule of one who is sitting exams (and
sitting is about all I can really claim to be doing in these...), I would
like to announce:

Ayla, as owner and operator of her own Evil Ballot Stuffer, hereby joins
the ranks of the Priesthood of the Church to the Evil Ballot Stuffer.

Let there be much rejoicing, and Let the Ballots be Stuffed forever!

Koxvolio

P.S. JT is also a Priest, whoever does the church page.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:52:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Just Like Majik

> The way I read this, the player owning the trinket has to ask the
> Archaeologist if the trinketis special AND the trinket has to be worth more
> than 99 A$.  I see how you got your reading of 506.1, but I think the next
> sentances are requirements on how the Archaeologist can do this, not
> in addition.

> IE: I think it's The archaelogist can declare a Trinket to be a Majik IF
>     the next two things are true.
>     You imply that The archeaologist can do so arbitrarily, AND a player
>     can ask them to.

I would almost read it as K 2 did as well.  I believe that this is time
for a CFJ.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Pat Benatar:Invincible
Current Book--C.J. Cherryh:Chernevog
Le jeu ne vaut plus la peine.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:01:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Just Like Majik

>> IE: I think it's The archaelogist can declare a Trinket to be a Majik IF
>>     the next two things are true.
>>     You imply that The archeaologist can do so arbitrarily, AND a player
>>     can ask them to.
>
>I would almost read it as K 2 did as well.  I believe that this is time
>for a CFJ.

I will gladly submit this CFJ unless K2 would prefer to seeing as e is
the Archaeologist.

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:03:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Eleusis G2R1 (Robert Sevin)

I play 9S.

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 22:26:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Eleusis G2R1 (JT)

Robert Sevin played the Nine of Spades.  This is an incorrect play, and
e receives two penalty cards.  It is now JT's turn.

Players and Scores:
    Alfvaen         : 0  ( 0 cards) (Deus)
    Attila the Pun  : 0  (18 cards)
    K 2             : 0  (17 cards)
    Fortunato       : 0  (16 cards)
    Ayla            : 0  (13 cards)
    Robert Sevin    : 0  (15 cards)
  * JT              : 0  (14 cards)
(* denotes whose turn it is to play -- play will be entered only after Deus
   and prophet respond to the play)

Card ranks:
The cards in each suit are ranked A-K with Ace low(values 1-13).
There are no Wild cards.

Correct Plays            | Incorrect plays
- -------------------------+------------------------------------------------------
  8 D (starter)          |
  8 H (Attila the Pun)   | 9 S (K 2)
  6 H (Fortunato[+])     | 6 S (Ayla)
  6 H (Robert Sevin)     | 
  7 H (JT)               | 5 H (Attila the Pun), 9 D (K 2)
* 6 C (Fortunato)        |
  2 C (Ayla)             | 6 C (Robert Sevin), 2 S (JT)
  2 H (Attila the Pun[+])| 2 D (K 2)
  J C (Fortunato)        |
  A H (Ayla)             | 9 S (Robert Sevin)

[+] - Invalid "No Play", card selected by Deus
 *  - marks every tenth card

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Sheryl Crow
Current Book--C.J. Cherryh:Chernevog
The night is pleasing to us because, like memory, it erases idle details.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 23:02:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: OotRB SBoC creation

I suggest that the Order of the Razor Boomerang use its Secret Lab to
create a Spell Book of Chorg.  Since I am the Founder, this happens.

In three days, of course.  Even I can't work miracles.

- -Hubert

Charlie was a Chemist, but Charlie is no more. 
What Charlie thought was H20 was H2SO4. 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 23:30:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: re : confused query

i am having a littledifficulty with an equation for probabilities , if
someone can help i would much appreciate it (equation follows):
	
	p ( -2,14<Z<0).

	thank all helpful ackanomians for showing me how simple this may be , i
unfortunately am drawing a blank on this.

- - Karma (this is a puplic plea /message)

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #130
*******************************