Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #127
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest        Sunday, April 26 1998        Volume 03 : Number 127

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 07:29:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2939

> > "7. Check and Checkmate
> > 
> > A Swinger is in Check when his King is attacked by one or more opposing
> > pieces. No Swinger may make a play that would cause him or her to be in
Check
> > at the end of his or her turn. It is possible that the only move that
will
> > satisfy this condition is a Surrender. It is the responsibility of the
> > Chess-Umpire to identify states of Check and alert the Swingers that such
a
> > state exists, and let the Swingers know whose King is being attacked.
> 
> This change would restore the ability of a player whose King is not
> onboard to Check another player and force them off-board.  I oppose this
> part of the change.
> (And why would a Klingon want to eliminate the one Klingon piece of
> literature in the ruleset?)

Oops, I forgot about that. It comes from not having an up to date copy of the
chess rules available. I retract proposal 2939. I will however be
resubmitting. I agree that this change needs to be made.

> > [It seems a bit cheap to me that it is possible to get out of a check
merely
> > by placing a piece in the way.
> 
> That doesn't always work - and it makes pieces which allow jumps over
> (e.g. Camels, Cantors and Gesses) an essential part of each player's
> armoury.  A "good" Checkmate is possible as it is - I see no need to make
> the job any easier.

I disagree. I see no reason why the game should favour players who use a lot
of jumping pieces. True, it is possible to checkmate someone, but it is
difficult. Can you honestly say that you think that just placing a piece in
the way is a satisfactory way of getting out of check? Like I said, I'm
trying to make party chess a bit more like chess (obviously they'll never be
the same thing, but chess is a damn good game, any elements of chess that can
be brought in without sacrificing the variety of pieces and the
multi-player-ness of it is, IMHO, a good thing.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 08:25:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 577 (Wild Card)

Sorry about the delay. Wild Card has been selected.

Clerk of the Courts
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 577- April 23, 1998
Subject: Modesty and Pride
Initiator: Ayla(sent April 23, 1998, 14:10)
Judge: Wild Card (selected April 26, 1998, 07:41)
Judgement: 

Statement:
All proposals posted since 06 Oct 1996 that don't start neither with "This
is a Modest proposal" nor with "This is a Grandiose proposal" are invalid.

Initiator's Reasoning:
According to rule 290/4:

(i) A proposal is considered to be Modest if and only if the author of the
proposal prefaces the proposal with the words "This is a Modest proposal".

(ii) A proposal is considered to be Grandiose if and only if the author of
the proposal prefaces the proposal with the words "This is a Grandiose
proposal".

(iii) If a proposal appears to be designated as both Modest and Grandiose,
or it cannot be determined which designation should hold sway, the proposal
is declared invalid, and removed from voting consideration.

So, if a proposal don't start neither with "This a Modest proposal" nor
with "This is a Grandiose proposal" it isn't neither Modest nor Grandiose.
Thus, it can't be said that any of these designations should hold sway.
Thus, the proposal should be declared invalid and removed from voting
consideration.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 08:25:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 161 (TRUE)

This has been judged TRUE by K 2.

Clerk of the Courts
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Criminal Judgment 161 (April 23)
Subject: Exhibitionism
Initiator: JT  (sent April 22, 1998, 18:05)
Judge: K 2 (selected April 23, 1998, 12:46)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement;
  Hubert committed the crime of Rampant Exhibitionism on Apr 22.

Initiator's Reasoning:
  I now quote from the message titled 'Re: Acka: Sounds Good' authored
by Hubert on Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:25 Acka time.

>I can't resist.  
>I go to the Town Hall, a Common Location.
>I just can't help dancing to that Truly Great song.
>I dance on the Town Hall Steps.  Naked.  Uncontrollably, and making even
>more of a complete fool of myself than is usual.

It is not the second Tuesday of the month, and furthermore he was Naked.
The first is sufficient for the crime to have been committed.

Suggested Penalty:
  Post the full lyrics to Virginia Plain.

Judge's Reasoning:
Hubert's dance on the town hall steps was criminal for the following reasons
(according to rule 842):
i) it was not the second Tuesday of a month
ii) e did not pay $A2 to breadbox (The First Citizen)
iii) the dance was not described in verse.

According to that rule, this constitues the crime of Rampant Exhibitionism.

Accordingly Hubert is found Guilty of this vile act, burned as a witch, eir
ashes scattered across the entire banna shaped earth and eir land sown with
salt. Additionally this CFJ is ruled TRUE.

Actual Penalty:
A 13 Line Apology. Should this happen to include the full lyrics to Virginia
Plain, so much the better ;)

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 08:46:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 577 (Wild Card)

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

> 
Sorry about the delay. Wild Card has been selected.
> 
> Clerk of the Courts
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Call For Judgement 577- April 23, 1998
> Subject: Modesty and Pride
> Initiator: Ayla(sent April 23, 1998, 14:10)
> Judge: Wild Card (selected April 26, 1998, 07:41)
> Judgement: 
> 
> Statement:
> All proposals posted since 06 Oct 1996 that don't start neither with "This
> is a Modest proposal" nor with "This is a Grandiose proposal" are invalid.

Interestingly, I wonder about how far back any effects of this proposal
can go.  Ayla only joined the game recently, and was therefore made into a
player by Rule 252.  Eir attempt to affect proposals more than a year
prior to her joining is clearly a retroactive effect, which Rule 103
prohibits.

I know this is but one interpretation, but this is a thorny issue which
will need resolving if the above CFJ is ruled TRUE.
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:11:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFCJ 161 (TRUE)

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

> Actual Penalty:
> A 13 Line Apology. Should this happen to include the full lyrics to Virginia
> Plain, so much the better ;)

I'm sorry.  Truly, deeply, shamefully, from the bottom of my heart sorry.
I really couldn't help myself, I just had to dance to that wonderful song.

Look, make me a deal and make it straight.  All signed and sealed, I'll
take it.  To Robert E. Lee I'll show it.  I hope and pray he don't blow it
'cause we've been around such a long long time just tryin' to kill the
pain.  But lovers always come and lovers always go and no one's really
sure who's lettin' go today.  Walkin' away.  These boots are made for
walkin'; that's just what they do.  And one of these days these boots are
gonna walk all over you.  I love feeling dirty, I love feeling cheap.  I
love it when you hurt me, so drive them nails deep.  Take your cigarette
from its holder, and burn your initials in my shoulder.  Fracture my
spine, and swear that you're mine...

As we dance to the Masochism Tango!

- -Hubert, who should never be told to include lyrics in a public post

There are three kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't. 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:35:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 577 (Wild Card)

>> Call For Judgement 577- April 23, 1998
>> Subject: Modesty and Pride
>> Initiator: Ayla(sent April 23, 1998, 14:10)
>> Judge: Wild Card (selected April 26, 1998, 07:41)
>> Judgement: 
>> 
>> Statement:
>> All proposals posted since 06 Oct 1996 that don't start neither with "This
>> is a Modest proposal" nor with "This is a Grandiose proposal" are invalid.
> 
> Interestingly, I wonder about how far back any effects of this proposal
> can go.  Ayla only joined the game recently, and was therefore made into a
> player by Rule 252.  Eir attempt to affect proposals more than a year
> prior to her joining is clearly a retroactive effect, which Rule 103
> prohibits.

All right, let's not get too silly here. For one thing, the two-week
pragmatism clause protects such long-gone proposals. (It also makes
this CFJ rather trivially False, but I hope the judge will not use
that as an "out", and will also give reasoning on the spirit of the
CFJ.) Secondly, as has been pointed out, CFJs such as this do not
actually alter the game state. They determine whether the game state
is what we think it is. And finally, the rules have a clause that
specifically gives CFJs the power to have these kinds of retroactive
"effects". (Malenkai wanted to remove this clause because he felt, and
I think rightly so, that it doesn't actually do anything.  Identifying
and collapsing thread splits are not really changes to the game state,
as they happen on the "meta" level. I voted to keep it there, and I
think other players might have for similar reasons, because a person's
philosophical viewpoint, i.e., Platonism or constructivism, could make
this clause seem necessary. But I digress.)

In any case, though, I believe that this CFJ is false, because "[if]
it cannot be determined which designation should hold sway" refers to
a situation where a proposal clearly appears to have a desgination,
but it cannot be determined which it is. There are *three* mutually
exclusive kinds of proposals - Modest, Grandiose, and neither - but
only *two* kinds of designations. You cannot designate a proposal as
"neither"; it is simply is that way if no designation appears.
(Presumably this clause would be applied if someone prefaced a
proposal with "Thisse es a mrondioste praposle".... Seriously, I
believe what Malenkai had in mind was someone trying to use
conditional language in order to attempt a paradox.)

If a proposal lacks a designation, then it is not invalid; it is
simply neither Modest nor Grandiose, which the rules certainly
permit. I note that this is also consistent with game custom (for
example, the proposal prefaced with "This is a Modest idea", which was
treated as lacking a designation, rather than an ambiguous one.)

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:03:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 577 (Wild Card)

> All right, let's not get too silly here. For one thing, the two-week
> pragmatism clause protects such long-gone proposals. (It also makes
> this CFJ rather trivially False, but I hope the judge will not use
> that as an "out", and will also give reasoning on the spirit of the
> CFJ.) 

When was this clause created? If it was after the modesty and pride rule was
created and it was created by a none-modest and non-grandiose proposal then
this probably wouldn't apply. It might even lead to a paradox.

> In any case, though, I believe that this CFJ is false, because "[if]
> it cannot be determined which designation should hold sway" refers to
> a situation where a proposal clearly appears to have a desgination,
> but it cannot be determined which it is. There are *three* mutually
> exclusive kinds of proposals - Modest, Grandiose, and neither - but
> only *two* kinds of designations. You cannot designate a proposal as
> "neither"; it is simply is that way if no designation appears.
> (Presumably this clause would be applied if someone prefaced a
> proposal with "Thisse es a mrondioste praposle".... Seriously, I
> believe what Malenkai had in mind was someone trying to use
> conditional language in order to attempt a paradox.)

Basically, I agree. I always assumed that the situation would be if someone
had put, "This is a modest proposal. This is a grandiose proposal."

> If a proposal lacks a designation, then it is not invalid; it is
> simply neither Modest nor Grandiose, which the rules certainly
> permit. I note that this is also consistent with game custom (for
> example, the proposal prefaced with "This is a Modest idea", which was
> treated as lacking a designation, rather than an ambiguous one.)

Let's just hope so.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:28:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 577 (Wild Card)

>> All right, let's not get too silly here. For one thing, the two-week
>> pragmatism clause protects such long-gone proposals. (It also makes
>> this CFJ rather trivially False, but I hope the judge will not use
>> that as an "out", and will also give reasoning on the spirit of the
>> CFJ.) 
> 
> When was this clause created? If it was after the modesty and pride
> rule was created and it was created by a none-modest and
> non-grandiose proposal then this probably wouldn't apply. It might
> even lead to a paradox.

Well, you got me there. Proposal 1772 was indeed neither Modest nor
Grandiose.

There wouldn't be any paradox, of course - the game state would just
be completely different from what we thought it was for the last
... what, eighteen months?

Of course, if that does turn out to be the case, don't expect me to
help try to figure out what the game state actually is. I'll be
resigning from all of my Offices (if indeed I was ever appointed to
them) and joining a game of play-by-email checkers.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:28:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: G&C Submission

I hereby officially submit the following (delimited by CHANCE) for the
Games & Contests Rule Suite, as a game
called "A Game of Sheer Chance":

CHANCE
1) General Equipment:

The game uses the Ackanomic Magic Dice.

2) Number of Players:

The game may have any number of players between two and the number of
active players when an instance of the game is instantiated. No referees
are required.

3) Starting an instance of the game:

As described in rule 1250.1, section VI.
The player who sugested the start of a game is required to handle the
assignment of numbers and the random determination. All players who
partcipate in this game must posses at least the standard harfer fee.

4) Rules of the game:

4a) Each player is randomly assigned as many numbers between 1 and the
number of players.
4b) An Ackanomic Magic Die with one more face than the number of players
in the game is rolled.
4c) If the number rolled by the die in step 4b matches the number
assigned to a player in step 4a then that player is deemed to be the
winner, otherwise the House is deamed the winner.
4d) All players who were not deamed winners in step 4c transfer the
Standard Harfer Fee to the Winner. If the House was the winner then the
money is transfered to the treasury, otherwise the standard harfer fee
is transfered from the treasury to the winner.

5) Winning the game:
The game is won as described in step 4c.

CHANCE

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:39:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: CFJ 577 (Wild Card)

If you'd like, I'm certain that with a few deft proposals, we could turn
Acka into a game of play-by-email checkers :)  You could even modify the
nomicbot (checkerbot?) to accept our moves.

Fortunato

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	Brian Raiter [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent:	Sunday, April 26, 1998 9:29 AM
>To:	[email-masked]
>Subject:	Re: Acka: CFJ 577 (Wild Card)
>
>Of course, if that does turn out to be the case, don't expect me to
>help try to figure out what the game state actually is. I'll be
>resigning from all of my Offices (if indeed I was ever appointed to
>them) and joining a game of play-by-email checkers.
>
>breadbox
>

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:55:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G&C Submission

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, K2 wrote:

> 1) General Equipment:
> 
> The game uses the Ackanomic Magic Dice.
> 
> 4a) Each player is randomly assigned as many numbers between 1 and the
> number of players.

As many numbers as what?

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 11:28:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: EBS

> 	I request entrance in the church of the EBS

The Church of the Evil Ballot Stuffer is glad to welcome else..if to the
flock, (BAA?) especially since.... <drumroll, please> ...he already has an
Evil Ballot Stuffer!

Hooray! Does he wish to become a priest?

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 12:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Flora Amanita

Hmm.. perhaps I'm being too cynical. Here goes:

*** ****** ***** ********

If that's extremely unfunny - I'm only doing it because the clue doesn't
say to solve it. Sorry for (potentially) wasting your time, Rex Mundi.

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:07:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 577 (Wild Card)

> Sorry about the delay. Wild Card has been selected.

Isn't the player currently known as H*bert on Vacation?  I thought e was.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Kirsty MacColl:Titanic Days
Current Book--C.J. Cherryh:Chernevog
A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:57:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Flora Amanita

>Hmm.. perhaps I'm being too cynical. Here goes:
>
>*** ****** ***** ********
>
>If that's extremely unfunny - I'm only doing it because the clue doesn't
>say to solve it. Sorry for (potentially) wasting your time, Rex Mundi.
>
>Koxvolio
>
Not only is that wrong, it has already been tried! ;-)

By Malenkai, I think.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:59:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: wherever I lay my hat

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, L'homme a tete de choux wrote:

> I am building a home on my 1 kaa of land (J10). It is a Small Green Building
> with no remarkable features, although the front door is orange. It shall be
> known hereafter as Pandora's Box. I pay construction costs of A$ 100 to the
> appropriate authority.
> 
  I create a trinket named "Hope", of value A$17 and description "Someday
the rules'll work properly."

  I gift this trinket to Pandora.

 H*bert.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:59:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Repeal RFC

How does this look?

Create a new rule numbered 312 reading as delimited by XXX
XXX
	All rules belong to exactly one rule package.  Each rule package is
numbered with an integer.  If two rule packages have the same number than
they will become the same package.  A rule package may belong to another
rule package, but not to itself.  They may also have a name.  During the
first week of each month, unless a De-harf hearing is already in progress,
the Harfinator will call a De-harf hearing on the lowest numbered rule
package whose number is greater than the number of the rule package the
Harfinator most recently called a De-harf hearing against.  If there is no
such package than the hearing will be called on the lowest positive
numbered package.  Whoever calls a De-harf hearing will be the Hearing
Harfer for that hearing.  The legal responses to a De-harf hearing are
"It's pink harf, it's good harf" and "May it harf in peace".  The result
will only be considered to be "May it harf in peace" if at least half of
the active players voted and at least 60% of the votes were "May it harf in
peace".  Otherwise the result will be considered to be "It's pink harf,
it's good harf".  If the player calling the hearing was not the Harfinator
and the result was "It's pink harf, it's good harf" than that player loses
five points.

	When a rule package is destroyed, all rules and rule packages
within it are destroyed.  Any sections of any lists of any surviving rules
which reference something defined with the destroyed rule package [that is,
the section references] are removed and the list is renumbered sensibly.
Any statements of precedence in surviving rules which specifically mention
a destroyed rule are removed in such a way that statements of precedence
towards surviving rules remain.

	Any player except the Harfinator may call a De-harf hearing on a
rule package at any time unless a De-harf hearing is already in progress.
The Harfinator may only call a De-harf hearing when required to by the
above paragraph.

	Packages with a positive number are known as "harfy", those
numbered 0 are negative are "functional".

	There is a functional office known as the Harfinator.
	{{else...if is appointed Harfinator.}}
	The privaleges of the Harfinator are:
	1) To place any rule which is not in a package into a rule package
which does not currently have a De-harf hearing called against it.

	2) To create a new rule package and assign it a number not already
possessed by a rule package.

	3) To name an unnamed rule package.

	4) To issue CSR's which clean up the ruleset when a rule package is
removed.

	5) To receive the SHF less A$10, to a minimum of A$0, as a salary.

	The duty of the Harfinator is to call De-harf hearings as specified
in this rule.
XXX
{{Reduce else...if's score by 3 points.  Increase Koxvolio's by 3.}}
{{[A rule package would consist of one or more related rules, such as the
Beldin's Tailor rules, or the Stock Market rules.  In most cases the
removal should be clean, although occasionally a follow-up CSR might be
neccessary.]}}

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:05:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: wherever I lay my hat

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Jonathan David Amery wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, L'homme a tete de choux wrote:
> 
> > I am building a home on my 1 kaa of land (J10). It is a Small Green Building
> > with no remarkable features, although the front door is orange. It shall be
> > known hereafter as Pandora's Box. I pay construction costs of A$ 100 to the
> > appropriate authority.
> > 
>   I create a trinket named "Hope", of value A$17 and description "Someday
> the rules'll work properly."
> 
>   I gift this trinket to Pandora.
> 
 Except that that doesn't happen if I am on Vacation, so if that is the
case I return from vacation and perfom the last two actions above which
are currently preceded by "> ".

 H*bert.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:09:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 577 (Attila the Pun)

> > Sorry about the delay. Wild Card has been selected.
> 
> Isn't the player currently known as H*bert on Vacation?  I thought e was.

Oops, you're right. Attila the Pun has been selected.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 18:48:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Hat Attack

I reveal the conditions associated with all three of my hats.
I then trade each of these hats to The Mad Hatters in return for A$1.

Have of them what you will, players.  I'm looking to collect some more
Hats, come the new cycle.

Yours,
Slakko
not wearing an Agenda Hat
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 19:37:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Flora Amanita

OK. Let me try these:

The Flower which Glimmers
The Flower which Explodes

Can I try a magic letter please?
Or, to save public emails, could I send messages with guesses privately?

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 19:46:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Flora Amanita

> OK. Let me try these:
> 
> The Flower which Glimmers
> The Flower which Explodes
> 
> Can I try a magic letter please?
> Or, to save public emails, could I send messages with guesses privately?

Or even:

  The Poison looks Enticing

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 20:01:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Flora Amanita

(note I'm still waiting on an answer to the one I sent out a day or so
ago (the flower often blossoms))

In addition to that, I'm trying

   the flower which blossoms

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 20:03:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Evil Ballot Stuffer completed

The Evil Ballot Stuffer that we, the Faithful, have had our minions
slaving over has been finished. It is created in Ayla's possession.

Many congratulations! Let the Ballots be Stuffed anew!

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 20:05:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Diplomacy

  Due to one player dropping out (too busy) there is a vacancy in the (as
yet unstarted) diplomacy game.  Contact me for details.

  H*bert.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 20:06:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Hat Attack

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> I reveal the conditions associated with all three of my hats.
> I then trade each of these hats to The Mad Hatters in return for A$1.
> 
> Have of them what you will, players.  I'm looking to collect some more
> Hats, come the new cycle.

Technicaly, I think you have to tell us what these conditions are, in
order for this to work.

                                   - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 20:39:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Raquel Peres da Silva" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Evil Ballot Stuffer completed

> The Evil Ballot Stuffer that we, the Faithful, have had our minions
> slaving over has been finished. It is created in Ayla's possession.

I believe there's no need to publicly accept it, but just in case... I do.

Am I a priestess now, Oh Wise Founder of ours?

Ayla
Priestess of the Order of the Razor Boomerangs
Member of the Church of the Evil Ballot Stuffer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:45:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Flora Amanita

>Can I try a magic letter please?

No. ;-)

>Or, to save public emails, could I send messages with guesses privately?
>
If you like, yes.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:45:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: The Rex Times, vol. 19, no. 1

Not Really The Rex Times At All

Due to editorial incompetence, The Rex Times is no more.

However, this is a special, not really an edition of The Rex Times edition of
The Rex Times.

Flora Amanita

Recently, there have been a flurry of guesses on this treasure. So far, none
of them have been even remotely close. Oh well.

Rex Mundi, the non-editor, said "Maybe people should read the clues."

Back Issues

Now! Get your special The Rex Times memorial copy of The Rex Times! Available,
in order of publication, are:
vol. 5, no. 6
vol. 3, no. 5
vol. 14, no. 22
vol. 18, no. 8
vol. 25, no. 4
vol. 10, no. 5
vol. 7, no. 20
vol. 20, no. 16
vol. 9, no. 18
vol. 8, no. 21    -Special **two-star edition
vol. 12, no. 14
vol. 21, no. 16
vol. 19, no. 1

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:42:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Flora Amanita

>>Can I try a magic letter please?
>
>No. ;-)
>
>>Or, to save public emails, could I send messages with guesses privately?
>>
>If you like, yes.

Koxvolio, as one of the other people trying to find this, I think that
it would be unfair of you to do this privately (or for me or anyone else
to send messages privately) because knowledge is gained in the negative
responses as well as the positive.

Please Rex, do not allow private guesses at this to find the treasure.

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:10:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Flora Amanita

Just to speak in tongues for a little bit:

efc envrhy djegt tpirhuln
hul nupsae fcenv rhydjegt

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Goon Show:Classics Vol. 6
Current Book--C.J. Cherryh:Chernevog
She said it was okay, but I felt like I just ate my young

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #127
*******************************