Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #105
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest        Tuesday, April 14 1998        Volume 03 : Number 105

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:30:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The Presidency

I have decided on a slogan for my campaign:

"I'm voting for TGW and you should, too."  

IB
dumber than a box of hammers

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:40:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC: Org Reform Take II

>I apply for membership in Rex Bank. And don't worry, I won't try to take all
>your stuff.
>
>TGW.
>
I grant TGW membership in RexBank, not worrying at all, as I trust the honour
of a fellow Klingon.

I unproxy my support to (from?) RexBank.

I suggest that k2 be granted membership in RexBank, and approve of that
suggestion.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:01:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Help, help, we're being oppressed!

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
> > > OK, perhaps I missed something.  As I said earlier, I have not been able
> > > to keep up with Acka lately.  As far as I know, the only "ample time" you
> > > could mean here was before the changes were made.  The rules as they stand
> > Yes. that would have been the Voting Period for the proposal.
> 
> Not good enough.  Not in my opinion anyway, and I haven't heard any
> arguments as to why I should change it.  There was no guarantee that your
> reform proposal would pass.  Based on past performance, it most likely
> would have either failed or been retracted, like the many many previous
> reform attempts.  Telling me we had ample time to deal with these changes,
> when the time you are refering to was before these changes were even made,
> is ridiculous.

A week is ample time for many other actions in acka, why not for preparing
for changes which are caused by a proposal. As you see for yourself, it is
difficult to predict a proposal outcome. Anyone who followed the debates
around this point could have seen that this proposal addressed the
stronger objections, without giving up the ideology behind it.

> 
> I did nothing of the sort.  I made a reference to what WILL happen if the
> proposal passes.  I didn't say anything about what it was intended to do,
> let alone what your own personal intentions were in writting it.  
When I originaly made the statment I put it right below the quote.
Personally, I believe that the 'you said- I said' argument is not
interesting to most of acka. You choose to make it a major point of this
posting. So, reluctantly,  I bring your quote again:

"
If this proposal had simply stated, "Transfer all of Vulcan's possession
save for trinkets, A$ and org powers to the Treasury," I would like to
think that it would be voted down, resoundingly.  Since the above is, in
effect, what this proposal is intended to accomplish, I hope that it will
recieve a similar treatment.  Leaving these entities in Vulcan's
"

These are your own words. and they clearly say that the proposal is
intended to accomplish the statment which you put in quotes.
And since I know my own intentions, and that's not what they are, I have
full right to say so. Now, if you believe I misunderstood you, which is
quite possible, why don't you just say so?

> > > harsher.  If Niccolo or anyone else can explain why it is necessary
> > > to strip these entities from their owners without giving us any
> > > alternatives or compensation, I would be astounded to hear it.
I never said it was necessary. I said it works, and I said that I don't
see why it is necessary to do it your way. Your way would also work, and
if P2849 fails, and you propose something else that works, I will probably
vote for it.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:24:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mitchell Perry Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The Gingham Telegraph - Presidential Election Special

> A third candidate is The Gingham Wearer, known to his friends as TGW. Again,
> one of the most active Ackans and one of only four to currently possess an
> edam. E joined Acka early in the morning of November 25th 1997 and remained
> dormant for quite some time before coming up to eir current level of
> activity. E is currently only three accepted proposals short of gaining a
> blue cross and four successful judgements on CFJs away from gaining eir
> bronze torch. E appears to be the natural successor to Malenkai in the
> campaign against points and anti-voting.

You failed to mention the obvious advantage of being a supporter of the
Harf Project. We need a harfy president (not to disparage the harfiness
of the other fine candidates)

Robert Sevin
<http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:29:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Will Rework Campaign Slogans For Food

A vote for Slakko is a vote for Mutability!
Remember that - vote Slakko and maintain fast rule changes.

Yours,
Slakko
candidate for two consecutive terms as President
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:32:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mitchell Perry Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Election

Non-voting players still get to vote in Presidential elections, correct?

Thanks,
Robert "I'm casting a write-in vote for myself" Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:38:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Buying land

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Frank Schmidt wrote:

> I attempt to buy the empty piece of land adjacent to my home for A$50.
> I attempt to rename my home to "The Bearcave".
> 
> J.M.Bear (Frank Schmidt)

Both of these succeed

Slakko
Map-Harfer
A vote for Slakko is a vote for Mutability!
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:54:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Mitchell Perry Harding wrote:

> Non-voting players still get to vote in Presidential elections, correct?

Nice try, Harfman.

As Rule 402 says:

:During the Election Period, each voting player may cast one vote for any
:one of the Nominees by so notifyng the appropriate Officer. 

Last time I checked, non-voting players weren't voting. :-)
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:57:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC: Org Reform Take II

> I suggest that k2 be granted membership in RexBank, and approve of that
> suggestion.

I approve of this suggestion.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:59:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Nyarlathotep

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Gavin M. Doig wrote:

> Vell, vot can I zay... I mizread ze 20 as 30, zo I zought I vas ztill
> beeldeeng Nyarlathotep... zorry. I vas zinking ov ze 30 dayz! shell be
> rezigneeng az Mad Zcientizt ez zoon ez Nyarlathotep eez beelt!
> 
> I heff azzembled ze bluepreent for Nyarlathotep!
> 
> Ze text iz:
> 
> Nyarlathotep causes the
> cycle to immediately end.

> K2, Rule 1320.
> Nyarlathotep causes the cycle to immediately end.
> 
> Vunce again, my apologeez!

We are going to end a cycle without a winner!  An infinite number of
times!  I'm really worried about this.

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:05:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Nyarlathotep

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> > K2, Rule 1320.
> > Nyarlathotep causes the cycle to immediately end.
> > 
> > Vunce again, my apologeez!
> 
> We are going to end a cycle without a winner!  An infinite number of
> times!  I'm really worried about this.

Fortunately, Rule 666 does not admit an end of cycle in this matter, so
the end of cycle will not actually cause the end of cycle procedure.
Convenient, yes?

Slakko
vote Ambassador Mollari for Emperor
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:13:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Nyarlathotep

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

>  Slakko.
> > 
> > We are going to end a cycle without a winner!  An infinite number of
> > times!  I'm really worried about this.
> 
Only once.  rule 666 restarts the game, and the next cycle right?  

> Fortunately, Rule 666 does not admit an end of cycle in this matter, so
> the end of cycle will not actually cause the end of cycle procedure.
> Convenient, yes?
> 

Probably not.  I don't see any way to start a cycle.  Rule 666 just
increments the cycle number.

rufus

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:20:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Mitchell Perry Harding wrote:

> Non-voting players still get to vote in Presidential elections, correct?

I don't think so; check Rule 402.

In any case, I just wanted to announce my intent to bribe players to write
me in.

> Thanks,
> Robert "I'm casting a write-in vote for myself" Sevin

- -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give you A$50" bert

Black holes are where God divided by zero. 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:25:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Hubert wrote:

> In any case, I just wanted to announce my intent to bribe players to write
> me in.
> 
> > Thanks,
> > Robert "I'm casting a write-in vote for myself" Sevin
> 
> -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give you A$50" bert

I have to top this, don't I.

Slak "Vote for me and I'll get Hubert to give you A$100" ko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:30:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Hubert wrote:
> 
> > In any case, I just wanted to announce my intent to bribe players to write
> > me in.
> > 
> > > Thanks,
> > > Robert "I'm casting a write-in vote for myself" Sevin
> > 
> > -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give you A$50" bert
> 
> I have to top this, don't I.
> 
> Slak "Vote for me and I'll get Hubert to give you A$100" ko

Oh yeah?  Think you're smart, do you?

- -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give Slakko A$200" bert

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have. 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:33:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Hubert wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Hubert wrote:
> > 
> > > In any case, I just wanted to announce my intent to bribe players to write
> > > me in.
> > > 
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Robert "I'm casting a write-in vote for myself" Sevin
> > > 
> > > -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give you A$50" bert
> > 
> > I have to top this, don't I.
> > 
> > Slak "Vote for me and I'll get Hubert to give you A$100" ko
> 
> Oh yeah?  Think you're smart, do you?
> 
> -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give Slakko A$200" bert

"Vote for Hubert and give Slakko A$300"

Yours,
Slakko
who is trying to prove he is the Harfiest
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:38:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

- ----------
> From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Acka: Election
> Date: 14 April 1998 22:33
> 
> On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Hubert wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
> > > On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Hubert wrote:
> > > 
> > > > In any case, I just wanted to announce my intent to bribe players to
write
> > > > me in.
> > > > 
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Robert "I'm casting a write-in vote for myself" Sevin
> > > > 
> > > > -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give you A$50" bert
> > > 
> > > I have to top this, don't I.
> > > 
> > > Slak "Vote for me and I'll get Hubert to give you A$100" ko
> > 
> > Oh yeah?  Think you're smart, do you?
> > 
> > -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give Slakko A$200" bert
> 
> "Vote for Hubert and give Slakko A$300"

I suppose I probably ought to give this a go, then.

The Gin "vote BAA and Idiot Boy will give you A$2" gham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:39:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> "Vote for Hubert and give Slakko A$300"
Vote randomly, and give all your money to rufus.  I did it, it is easy!

> 
> Yours,
> Slakko
> who is trying to prove he is the Harfiest
> -- 
> Duncan C. "" Richer aka
> Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
> Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
> Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:40:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Otzma!

I am announcing an Otzma Day to commence three days after this message.
The current value of LSAP is 9, so I intend to create 9 Otzma cards.
While this would take us close to the 100 Otzma Card limit, there have
been quite a few new players joining since the last Otzma Day, and it
would be best to give them a chance to purchase some Otzma Cards at
Auction.

Yours,
Slakko
Vote Slakko! The RuneMaker who gives!
The ChessUmpire who keeps the play fast!
The MapHarfer who actually updates the map!
And most importantly of all,
Vote for a President with proven experience in pomp, circumstance and
great Stripe Ceremonies!
- -- 
Duncan C. "each message is a campaign opportunity" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer
Vote for Slakko - make him shut up.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:40:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> > > Slak "Vote for me and I'll get Hubert to give you A$100" ko
> > 
> > Oh yeah?  Think you're smart, do you?
> > 
> > -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give Slakko A$200" bert
> 
> "Vote for Hubert and give Slakko A$300"
> 
> Yours,
> Slakko
> who is trying to prove he is the Harfiest

Where's the Funky-and-Stylish-meister when you need em?

"Vote BAA! for President and give Hubert A$400"

- -Hubert

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have. 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:43:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Hubert wrote:

> Where's the Funky-and-Stylish-meister when you need em?
> 
> "Vote BAA! for President and give Hubert A$400"

S"Vote The Little Lamb for President and give everyone a Wool Sweater"
lakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - ex-President/still Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:05:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Hubert wrote:
> 
> > Where's the Funky-and-Stylish-meister when you need em?
> > 
> > "Vote BAA! for President and give Hubert A$400"

Huberted out by Count Tabula.  Oh, the shame.  And only because e'd seen
my Inventor vote already.

> S"Vote The Little Lamb for President and give everyone a Wool Sweater"
> lakko

- -Huber "Vote Nyarlathotep for President and end the game" t

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have. 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:05:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Beldin's Pants V

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Guy Fawkes wrote:

> But as for thee, no Rule casts
> The Praetor's seat about thy ass.

So the Praetor's seat is something like a lariat?

In any case (breaking out of verse for the purposes of clarity) I thought
I'd try to summarize somewhat the arguments made so far.  (I kept trying
to redirect this to acka-research, but seem to have failed miserably, so
I'll keep it here.  You brought it on yourselves.)

Guy Fawkes' arguments seem to run as follows: when e retracted eir first
IP, it did not "come to resolution" as stated in Rule 404; it just
disappeared.  Therefore, Alfvaen was still Acting Praetor after the IP was
retracted, and was an invalid target for the second IP, since Acting
Officers do not count as Officers by CFJ 550.

Slakko's response looks to exploit another loophole-by-omission:  Rule
404 does not state that a retracted IP may not still come to term and
either be accepted or rejected.  Since the voting period on the first
(indeed, either) IP expired without their having come near the quorum
requirements, Alfvaen was reinstated as Praetor.

Guy Fawkes then noted that interestingly enough, Rule 330 states that
players may retract IPs, but is silent on the matter of what, if anything,
happens thereafter.  This would seem to lend credence to either GF's or
Slakko's arguments and, as GF noted, is probably a matter for CFJ.

My own arguments run somewhat tangential: Upon checking further, it is
apparent that CFJ 550 (Acting Offices count for Edams, judged FALSE) has
not been appealed; I mistook ThinMan's message in which e wished
else...if had done more research for an appeal.  I personally think the
verdict was in error; the appropriate Rule refers many times to Acting
Officers "holding an Office."  The only time it specifically says
otherwise is on the subject of expiration of a player's term of office.

Since R404 states explicitly that upon submission of an IP, the targeted
Officer "holds the Office in an acting capacity," and that IPs can
target any player with intent to remove em from an "Office held by that 
player," I'd say Alfvaen was a valid target for Guy Fawkes' second IP.
Which, of course, came to term and failed.  Again, a matter for CFJ.

Slakko's later attempt at an instant proposal, whether it succeeded or not
(and I'd say that "the normal means" implies not) was moot; Alfvaen had
done eir bit long before the Proposal was distributed.

One tidbit I found interesting about this somewhat-tired scam is that both
Guy Fawkes and Slakko are involved in the counter-scamming, but both
attempted to disprove the other's methods.

- -Hubert

Black holes are where God divided by zero. 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:07:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Order of the Razor Boomerangs.

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, JT Traub wrote:

> I transfer a$ 200 to the Order.
> Oh fearless leader, could you also designate us initial people as priests?
> (just in case it becomes relevant).

Only if you address me by name.  <grins evilly>

Oh, fine.  JT, Joe Java, and Ayla are all ordained and established as
Priests of the Order of the Razor Boomerang.  Oh, and I pay the standard
Harfer Fee for the creation of this Church if I haven't already.

I reveal the following bit of Church Policy: No member of the Order of the
Razor Boomerangs may refer to the Founder as anything other than "Hubert."
This includes pronouns.  The preceding two sentences are false, and so
is this one.

Just to keep my followers on their toes.

- -Hubert

I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose. 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:09:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Eleusius

	I'd like to play

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:18:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re:  Acka: Senate Seat

JT wrote:
>Since I don't see anything in the rules prohibiting me from doing so,
>I rename my Senate Seat to Seat Draconis

Vicious evildoer!  Attemptor of Ackan historic destruction!  Hissssss!

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:19:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

> > > > > > Robert "I'm casting a write-in vote for myself" Sevin
> > > > > -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give you A$50" bert
> > > > Slak "Vote for me and I'll get Q*Bert to give you A$100" ko
> > > -Hu "Vote for me and I'll give Slakko A$200" bert
> > "Vote for Q*Bert and give Slakko A$300"
> The Gin "vote BAA and Idiot Boy will give you A$2" gham Wearer.

/dev "Vote for me and give me A$30000" /joe

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:34:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Raquel Peres da Silva" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

This was the best one so far. :-) If no one can top this, Slakko will have
my vote.

> S"Vote The Little Lamb for President and give everyone a Wool Sweater"
lakko

Ayla

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:42:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  Acka: Senate Seat

>>Since I don't see anything in the rules prohibiting me from doing so,
>>I rename my Senate Seat to Seat Draconis
>
>Vicious evildoer!  Attemptor of Ackan historic destruction!  Hissssss!
>

Awww.. and here I thought you liked me :)  Seriously though, I'm not
destroying the history.. it's already happened.  I'm merely initiating a new
era :)

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:44:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

> > S"Vote The Little Lamb for President and give everyone a Wool Sweater"
> lakko
> 
> Ayla

What?!? You mean you're going to vote based purely on such a frivolous
message as this? What about who's best for the job? What about who has the
best campaign? What about who published the most biased, ahem, I mean best,
newspaper guide to the election? What about...? What's that? You don't care?
Oh right... <TGW goes off into the corner and starts to sulk>.

Remember folks, a vote for The Gingham Wearer is a vote for The Gingham
Wearer!

TG "starting to think eir position is hopeless" W.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 19:04:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

> What?!? You mean you're going to vote based purely on such a frivolous
> message as this? What about who's best for the job? What about who has

> Remember folks, a vote for The Gingham Wearer is a vote for The Gingham
> Wearer!

This was the best one so far. :-) If no one can top this, TGW will have
my vote.

- -Hu ""Frivolous is my middle name" is my middle name" bert

After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting out of 
the water? 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 19:27:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

> > > S"Vote The Little Lamb for President and give everyone a Wool Sweater"
> > lakko
> > 
> > Ayla
> 
> What?!? You mean you're going to vote based purely on such a frivolous
> message as this? What about who's best for the job? What about who has the

Well, Ayla has only been here long enough to see the campaign. It must be
a refreshing start - no history on which to judge candidates, just the
propaganda! 

> best campaign? What about who published the most biased, ahem, I mean best,
> newspaper guide to the election? What about...? What's that? You don't care?
> Oh right... <TGW goes off into the corner and starts to sulk>.

I suppose some propaganda has style. Taste. A Rare Thing in the world of
Acka...

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 19:43:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Raquel Peres da Silva" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

> > > S"Vote The Little Lamb for President and give everyone a Wool
Sweater"
> > lakko
> > 
> > Ayla
> 
> What?!? You mean you're going to vote based purely on such a frivolous
> message as this?

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!

But you can always top Slakko by posting an even more frivolous message, as
long as it's also funny, very funny (that's important!). After all, how
badly do you want to win the election, han? A leader must be able to move
all kind of people. Is this some kind of prejudice of yours? What do you
have against simple-minded people?!?!?!?

> Oh right... <TGW goes off into the corner and starts to sulk>.

OK, OK. Easy, TGW. Big boys don't cry, and they don't sulk either. The
point is: I'm bored. I'm unemployed in the world outside, so I have plenty
of free time. This may sound good when you are a teenager, but it's not
healthy when you are in your last twenties (that's my case, but I won't
tell my age, not even under torture). The brain just goes like: PUFF! If I
don't get a job soon, no one will be able to stand me. But you don't need
to worry about this, because if I don't get a job soon (*very* soon), the
creditors will come and take all my possessions, including this computer,
and then you'll never hear from me again.

Anyway, my vote for Slakko is already in my "Draft" folder so, if any of
you guys want my vote... hurry up!

Yours,

Ayla

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:11:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Hose me down!

I do hereby declare,
Amid pomp and fanfare,
That Postmaster breadbox
Has gone on the rocks,
On the skids, down the tube,
Lost just like a rube,
Like a goob, like a spaz --
Gone Postal he has!

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:32:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Hose me down!

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Brian Raiter wrote:

> I do hereby declare,
> Amid pomp and fanfare,
> That Postmaster breadbox
> Has gone on the rocks,
> On the skids, down the tube,
> Lost just like a rube,
> Like a goob, like a spaz --
> Gone Postal he has!

That, since e's Tabulator
And, sooner or later,
In Props must partake,
This interesting should make.

- -Hubert

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 22:04:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Help, help, we're being oppressed!

Let me just say here that I didn't think that NF's Proposal was
targeted at Vulcan particularly.  It seems to be part of eir vision for
Organizations that Political Parties(and nothing else except Churches,
apparently, which makes sense because of the traditional alliance of
science and religion) should not be able to own Gadgets.  This is what
I'm deducing from the Proposals and the effects they have had/will have.

It happens to be the case that Vulcan is the only Political Party that
owns Gadgets.  It's the only one that bought a Secret Laboratory(most
other such Organizations having been formed for that express purpose,
and now being Societies or VSO's).  And Shell#10 will certainly be
affected as well, but that's not as important, because it was a scam
organization all the way.

I don't see that NF would have made any different Proposal if MetaMorph
had owned a Secret Lab and fifteen Pyraic Frobnotzers.  Although e might
have had the forethought to trade them to Odo on the Wormhole first.
(Well, I might have taken a share for Azpiazu...)  It cannot be said to
be a specific target just because there is only one Org that has done
things that e would rather Orgs did not.

Personally, I would rather see some other way of dealing with Orgs and
Gadgets, because(since my parenthetical note in the first paragraph is
intended with heavy irony)having Churches the only Orgs who can have
Secret Laboratories is ludicrous.  (Personally, I'd rather see Gadget
creation put back with the individual working Scientist where it belongs,
especially now that more of them are being active...)  Maybe they should
be transferred to party members instead of to the Treasury.  But I don't
see the hand of directed malice in here anywhere.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Men At Work:Business As Usual
Current Book--Philip Jose Farmer:The Cache
"I was getting the bananas.  For the sardines."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 22:05:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC: Org Reform Take II

Considering what we're trying to do, I proxy my support to RexBank.

Tom Walmsley wrote:

> > I suggest that k2 be granted membership in RexBank, and approve of that
> > suggestion.
>
> I approve of this suggestion.
>
> TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 22:19:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: New Player (Slakko)

Another Sponsored player has asked to join Ackanomic.  Eir name is
David Kenning, eir email address is <[email-masked]>, and eir
chosen Ackanomic name is Pandora.

E also states:

> I was made aware of Ackanomic by Slakko, who I am acquainted with via
> Mornington Nomic, and you may be hearing from him shortly with regard to
> becoming my sponsor.

Providing that, within a "small" amount of time, Slakko acknowledges eir
Sponsorship, e shall be Pandora's mentor, and the trinkets and stuff
shall happen.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Andre Gagnon:Left Turn
Current Book--Philip Jose Farmer:The Cache
The vixen jumped quickly on her foe barking with zeal.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:45:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Ackanomicon Determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Player: Slakko
# Ackanomicon determination
# based on the following (using a 50 sided die):
# 1 -15: arcane trivia
# 16-20: vile prophecies
# 21-25: inner workings
# 26-30: arcane lore
# 31-33: terrorizing pages
# 34-34: ancient artifact
# 35-36: mutation
# 37-38: dark domain
# 39-39: the secret
# 40-41: long lost treasure
# 42-43: doomsday
# 44-44: forbidden fruit
# 45-45: catastrophe
# 46-49: not so forbidden fruit
# 50-50: ancient one
# Alfvaen

No. of sides on every die:     50
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

     39

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Tue Apr 14 20:45:17 1998
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id UAA29053 for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:45:17 -0700
> Received: from edtntnt2-port-72.agt.net(209.115.133.72) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma029037; Tue Apr 14 20:45:04 1998
> Received: (from alfvaen@localhost) by telusplanet.net (8.7.6/8.7.3) id UAA01808 for [email-masked]; Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:42:57 -0600
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: Book
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:42:56 -0600 (MDT)
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
> Content-Type: text
> 
> 
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 50
> #D 1
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: Ackanomicon Determination
> 
> #C Player: Slakko
> #C Ackanomicon determination
> #C based on the following (using a 50 sided die):
> #C 1 -15: arcane trivia
> #C 16-20: vile prophecies
> #C 21-25: inner workings
> #C 26-30: arcane lore
> #C 31-33: terrorizing pages
> #C 34-34: ancient artifact
> #C 35-36: mutation
> #C 37-38: dark domain
> #C 39-39: the secret
> #C 40-41: long lost treasure
> #C 42-43: doomsday
> #C 44-44: forbidden fruit
> #C 45-45: catastrophe
> #C 46-49: not so forbidden fruit
> #C 50-50: ancient one
> #C Alfvaen
> 

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBNTQtWT8NitsTFjcVAQFKAgQAtGr5J8mxkOT0mc3hrX+PVsM/ZReSxJFs
9e+0odSm6OVu3qhHvjJv8SpDhHxfjUn2DqOzxodcN4Eak41Y8Q/lRy4L+eLgmIuY
BxubBj9mgB/fC1qZ7dZo0ibQ7+m84lfPuqjOaEP+urma43pNjd9hkieWPmeNXocv
UPLXNh4ReFI=
=765b
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:58:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate Seat

> Since I don't see anything in the rules prohibiting me from doing so,
> I rename my Senate Seat to Seat Draconis

I don't think this succeeds, but I'd recommend a CFJ to settle the
matter, myself...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Liz Phair:Exile In Guyville
Current Book--Philip Jose Farmer:The Cache
G is for George, smothered under a rug, H is for Hector, done in by a thug.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:58:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Election

> OK, OK. Easy, TGW. Big boys don't cry, and they don't sulk either. The
> point is: I'm bored. I'm unemployed in the world outside, so I have plenty
> of free time. This may sound good when you are a teenager, but it's not
> healthy when you are in your last twenties (that's my case, but I won't
> tell my age, not even under torture). The brain just goes like: PUFF! If I
> don't get a job soon, no one will be able to stand me. But you don't need
> to worry about this, because if I don't get a job soon (*very* soon), the
> creditors will come and take all my possessions, including this computer,
> and then you'll never hear from me again.

Ouch.  Been there, done that, although not quite that bad.  Are you sure
that Ackanomic is the best way to spend your time?  :-/

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Liz Phair:Exile In Guyville
Current Book--Philip Jose Farmer:The Cache
Every old sock meets an old shoe.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:58:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Whiiiiiiine!!

> [I'll note up front that I'm unsure of whether this is legitimate or not.
>  IE, does being forced to donate my money count as a loss of money?  I think
>  so, so I'll whine anyway :)]

> I must say.  First points for a proposal, and now this EEEEEEEEVIL book is
> making me give some of my money away!! How can this be.   Never, nowhere,
> nohow did I see anything that gave me even an inkling that my hard earned
> money could be taken away from me.  Thieves!!! Robbers!!!! Heretics!!!!!!
> I don't think this is very fair at all.. Nope, not at all, especially without
> big warning signs in bright red letters that even a newbie could read.  I
> didn't see them, did YOU???   So.. give it back, you hear me?

I'm willing to consider this to have succeeded, and if so Hubert, as the
player with the most currency, must give A$311 to JT.  Whether the transfer
occurs automatically or not, I'm not quite clear on, but I'll harf it that
way unless a CFJ decides otherwise.  I don't think it'd be any different
from any other involuntary payment...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Mission: Impossible Soundtrack
Current Book--Philip Jose Farmer:The Cache
What's gonna happen to Chess Piece Face?

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #105
*******************************