Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #90
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest         Monday, April 6 1998         Volume 03 : Number 090

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:02:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Party: Harf: New Member & Swinger

>Does Harf have an open membership policy? Or does Calvin N Hobbes have
>the ability to grant membership? Or have the other three members of
>Harf all proxied their approval?

We all have the ability to grant membership, it's just my shift right now.
: )

CnH

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:03:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Silence of the ASS

At 9:30 Acka time this morning, "One by One (etc.)" ceased playing on the
ASS.  Players may once again change Locations.

Since Rule 950 does not define what song is played after an Esoteric song
stops, there is no Song being played at the moment.

- -Hubert

Mary had a little lamb....and Mulder was determined to find out why. 

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:15:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Potato

Hubert retains the Magic Potato this week.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Prefab Sprout:Andromeda Heights
Current Book--Sean Stewart:The Night Watch
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:26:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CSR 134

I am hereby distributing the following as CSR 134. It will be accepted
in three days if there are less than two public objections.

  Renumber Rule 2802 ("The Color Black") to 1307.1.

  {{[Sigh. Proposal 2802 attempted to create a Rule 1340; however,
  Rule 1340 already exists, thanks to my CSR 133, which I submitted
  hours after distributing Proposal 2802. Don't I feel stupid now?
  Boy, I hope this doesn't leave a black mark on my record....]}}

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:28:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: ASS

If I am not in the Library, I go to the Library.

And inside, the jukebox rolls just like thunder.

Placing A$5 in the Machine, I play the song "Can't Cry Anymore" by Sheryl
Crow.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Prefab Sprout:Andromeda Heights
Current Book--Sean Stewart:The Night Watch
The exodus of jazzy pigeons is craved by squeamish walkers.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:57:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Phoebe

> Let me get this straight.  Phoebe knows the Earth is hemispherical,
> despite the fact that "The Earth is Flat." is part of a rule.  Phoebe
> knows that she is in the Treasury, because the rules say so.
> Sounds like ThinMan and Alfvaen are pulling at opposite ends but somehow
> both against K 2's message.  The mind boggles.

Okay, so first, someone mistakes me for you, and now you mistake breadbox
for me?  It's Officer Confusion!  Why, if I hadn't just trounced you in
Ghost...:-)

Oh, and _random order_, folks.  Random.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Big Star:Third/Sister Lovers
Current Book--Sean Stewart:The Night Watch
Your twisted prejudices aren't shared by me, fetish boy.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:59:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Various judicial things (was: Resorting To Bribery)

> Curses. Here's something interesting (ish) though. Rule 933 states:

> "The value of the Robe is price that was last paid for it, plus A$15."

> How much will the next player to take possession of it have to pay? Will it
> be A$227 or A$242?

Well, you paid A$227 into the Treasury.  Only A$212 of that was for the
Robe.  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Big Star:Third/Sister Lovers
Current Book--Sean Stewart:The Night Watch
At last, the Eludium Pu-36 Explosive Space Modulator!

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 23:01:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Micah Smukler)
Subject: Acka: Black

Black is not a color.

Note that the above sentence does not question the fact that black
is a color--it out-and-out refutes it.  Therefore, it is Black Heresy,
but I think it somewhat likely that I cannot have a witch.

AtP

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 23:14:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Micah Smukler)
Subject: Re: Acka: Black

>Black is not a color.
>
>Note that the above sentence does not question the fact that black
>is a color--it out-and-out refutes it.  Therefore, it is Black Heresy,
>but I think it somewhat likely that I cannot have a witch.
>
>AtP
- -craft hearing called against me.

AtP

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 23:16:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 553 (TRUE)

I am appealing CFJ 553, with the following reasoning:

The Gingham Wearer quotes Rule 500.2's statement:

"Entities may be transferred from one owner to another only through methods
specified by the Rules."

However, an entity goes Somewhere Else(a.k.a. the Treasury)when it is
_unowned_.  Furthermore, Rule 505, "Treasury & AckaDollars", states
that "The Treasury is a named, unownable entity that serves as a storing
house for entities that belong to no Player, except for those entities
for which the rules explicitly state are not in(or considered to be in)
the Treasury."  Interestingly enough, I think it possible that any entity
owned by an Organization is _already_ in the Treasury, because it is
owned by no Player, and I don't see any explicit statement to the
contrary anywhere.  (I don't even know if it was there before.)  So
perhaps Rule 500.2 says that Vulcan's Scroll of Crumble is not Somewhere
Else, Rule 505 says it's in the Treasury, so maybe they're not identical.
There's something that should be cleared up.  Anyway.

I suppose it's possible that ThinMan's argument about the Game State,
which stems from Rule 500, might hold sway.  But darn it, TGW didn't have
me convinced.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Sheryl Crow:Can't Cry Anymore
Current Book--Sean Stewart:The Night Watch
Please eat up quickly once the package is opened by you.  --AjD

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #90
******************************