Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #80
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Wednesday, April 1 1998       Volume 03 : Number 080

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 22:20:39 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Beldin's Pants

In this message I describe how Beldin's Pants may be amended, according
to Rule 940.

Beldin's Pants may be amended by Beldin's Tailor as described by Rule 939,
by the reader of the page "The Secret" from the Ackanomicon as described
by Rule 910, by the Praetor, and by any player who owns a Cheez-Whiz and
three cheeses.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Return of The Jedi:Ewok Celebration & Finale
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 22:39:12 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Floating

The following buildings had their tethers broken by the recent Tornado:

Antimatter's house [which is still listed under "Player Homes"...]
Xanadu & the Monument to Futility

Hmmm, that's not as bad as I thought it might be.  (Darkavan Tetnne
was only one percentile point off, though...)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Scandal:Warrior
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
Harpo, you talk too much.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 22:44:58 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Discovery

Shamelessly plagiarizing my own Proposal 2398, I present the following
Discovery:

An Electrolux is a mechanical gadget, which looks somewhat like a cylinder
on wheels with a long trunklike "hose" coming from one end.

The owner of an Electrolux may, as a public action, specify a building
which is floating below the surface of Ackanomic[i.e. one whose tether
was snapped by a Tornado], and say "Hey, you, get off of my cloud"
[The Rolling Stones, "Get Off of My Cloud"].

If the owner of the building owns sufficient vacant kaas of land for the
building to fit there, then the building is reattached to the surface
of Ackanomic in that kaa.  If the owner of the building(hereafter,
"Mick") is not the same player as the owner of the Electrolux(hereafter,
"Keith"), then "Keith" may reattach "Mick"'s building as above, provided
that a)"Mick" gives "Keith" permission to do so, b)"Keith" has enough
vacant kaas of land for the building to fit, and c)"Keith" gives "Mick"
an amount of A$ equal to that specified for rebuilding a building of
that size in Rule 846, "Constructions And Architectural Aesthetic", then
"Keith" may, by following the above procedure, reattach the building on
eir own land.  "Keith" is then the owner of the building that has been
attached.

After successfully reattaching a building, the Electrolux is destroyed.
In addition, if a Tornado should occur, all Electroluxes shall be
destroyed and this rule shall repeal itself.

An Electrolux may also be used as a light source, allowing its owner
to ignore the effects of any Rules which may describe certain limitations
due to a lack of light.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Scandal:Warrior
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
Perhaps President Clinton's amazing sax skills will be judged quite favorably.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 22:46:06 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Beldin's Pants II

Since, as I previously described(in accordance with Rule 940), the Praetor
is able to amend Beldin's Pants, I am hereby appending the following text
(delimited by DUST)to "Beldin's Pants", also known as Rule 940:

DUST
Antxina:

There exists a unique nontradeable entity known as Antxina.  The owner
of Antxina may do any of the following as a public action {{[sorry,
ThinMan :-) ]}}:

1. Raise eir score to the Magic Number.

2. Create a Trinket with a value of (A$5000 - eir Benefactor Value), and
donate this Trinket to the Museum.

3. Create one of any type of cheese in eir possession.

4. Transfer the Chartreuse Goose to any other player, or Somewhere Else.

5. Use Antxina as a Spaceship to travel to a moon of Acka.

6. Destroy Antxina, upon which the portion of this Rule beginning with
"Antxina:" is deleted.

{{ Antxina is transferred into the possession of Alfvaen, the Speaker of
Ackanomic. }}

{{[ See, I could become dictator here, and all I want to do is win a
Cycle...:-)  Although it does seem a waste to get rid of all those
Agenda conditions...  Well, this probably won't work anyway, but it's
worth a shot... ]}}
DUST

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Scandal:Warrior
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
You don't make order from order, you make order from chaos.  --discord

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 23:14:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Floating

>Hmmm, that's not as bad as I thought it might be.  (Darkavan Tetnne
>was only one percentile point off, though...)

Don't touch this. (daaaaaa-da-da-daaaa... tchump-a-tchump-tchump... can't
touch this!)

CnH

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 23:26:04 -0500 (EST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Floating

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> The following buildings had their tethers broken by the recent Tornado:
> 
> Antimatter's house [which is still listed under "Player Homes"...]
> Xanadu & the Monument to Futility
> 
> Hmmm, that's not as bad as I thought it might be.  (Darkavan Tetnne
> was only one percentile point off, though...)

A tall, tall tower, floating in the air.  If I push it the right way,
maybe it'll go to Kansas :)

GF

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #80
******************************