Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #64
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Wednesday, March 18 1998       Volume 03 : Number 064

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:57:04 -0500 (EST)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ546; on the lamb

Tom Walmsley wrote:

> Vynd has judged this FALSE
>
> Clerk of the Courts
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Call For Judgement 546 - March 07, 1998
> Subject: Balsamic Dragon's Elderhood
> Initiator: Alfvaen (sent March 07, 1998, 18:09)
> Judge: Hibert (deadbeat)
> Second Judge: ****** (declined)
> Third Judge: Vynd (selected March 16, 17:39)
> Judgement: FALSE
>
> Statement:
> Balsamic Dragon's likeness is in the Hall of Elders.

A potted history of the lamb:

illusion snatched the lamb from TGW on 15/2 19:38
CnH did the same on 23/2 9:52
TGW took possession on 2/3 12:40
The player who declined to be the second judge on CFJ 546 attempted to take
possession on 3/3 1:16 (<7)
TGW attempted to take possession on 3/3 10:21 but failed (<7)
Slakko took possession on 10/3 8:53
Slakko attempted to take possession on 12/3 at 8:37 (<7)

I take possession of the little lamb paying the associated $A 10 fee for some
murrey feed.
The lamb likes this type of feed more than the usual chartreuse kind
disturbingly, however, it still insists on eating it in much the same way as
cows eat grass (odd for a lamb).

On to other matters, certain respected elements of the community have
expressed concern regarding my ineptitude exhibited in proposal 2778. Having
weighed the matter in head (not a pretty sight) I have decided to retract
proposal 2778 "Plumbum".

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 17:01:42 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CSR 132

I am using my powers as CSRR to issue the following CSR, numbered 132,
comprising all of this message except for this sentence and the string "TGW".

TGW.

Amend Rule 212 by replacing the first occurrence of: 

remaining pool

with:

remaining pool of players eligible to judge CFJs

{{[Some people found this unclear]}}

Further amend Rule 212 by replacing:

"the other active players"  

with:

"the active voting players eligible to judge CFJs"

{{[In the remainder of this CSR, all quotation marks are delimiters
only.]}}

 Amend the second paragraph of Rule 348 by replacing "to one" with "to
 match one"

 In Rule 408, delete the text "; the time of these reports is deemed to be
 the time indicated by the message's initial timestamp" {{[Redundant]}}
 from section c).  Also delete the text "(except duty (b) below)" from
 section d).

 Replace the last word of Rule 929, "entities", with "garments"

 In Rule 421 replace all occurrences of "CSSR" with "CSRR".

 In the first paragraph of Rule 1240.6, replace "player to play" with
 "player to pay" and "pays the names amount" with "pays the named amount".

In rule 1250.13 replace "A round lasts three days after this announcement."
with "A round lasts three days after this announcement or until all players
have submitted a move, whichever is sooner."

In rule 593.4 replace "A$7" with "A$8" {{[The price to buy a magic radish]}}

In rule 344 replace "broad and obfuscate" with "broad or obfuscate"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 17:22:22 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Oi Tabula!

According to my calculations, rufus is late on the following Elections
and/or Hearings:

snowgod's Disease Hearings:
Niccolo Flychuck (2nd March)
Hubert (3rd March)

Elections:
Caped Crusader

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:35:47 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Oi Tabula!

> Elections:
> Caped Crusader

Wasn't this just a nomination? I don't recall voting being initiated,
although I may be wrong. I agree that you really need to get a move on,
rufus. Either that or resign, otherwise I'll probably be authoring an
impeachment paper soon. I'd love the office, because I'm a lot better with
emails than I am with web pages, and I just need one more office to get
myself another cheese.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 20:53:16 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR 132

>  In Rule 421 replace all occurrences of "CSSR" with "CSRR".

This is not an objection, since the rest of this CSR seems fine to me,
but Rule 421 is not Rule 421.1, so this won't have any affect.

By the way, does anything think it would be a good idea to give
the Spelling Bee the privilege of separating two words that are
runtogether(like that)?  If not, I've got a few of those I could
point out to the CSRR Officer.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Cracker:The Golden Age
Current Book--Ann Marston:The Western King
Been five-o'clock shadowboxin' all around the town

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #64
******************************