Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #44
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest         Sunday, March 1 1998         Volume 03 : Number 044

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 04:16:40 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ring Ring

I received news from Steven Swiniarski that a Nomic Webring was being set
up.  I have put the Acka Main Page on the ring - but we still have to wait
for Swann's say-so before we become official.  That shouldn't take too
long.

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 04:21:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Game: Word Un-association

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, Towsner wrote:

> 	On Friday the 27th of February, 1998, The Gingham Wearer posted a
> public message with the title "Acka: Game: Word-Unassociation".  The harf
> is back and I want my winter cap.

Indeed the Harf is back, here is your cap!

Note to Scorekeeper:

04:10 1 Mar: else...if: +14: got a winter cap cause the Harf was back

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 05:15:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 533 (TRUE, overturned)

The Supreme Court for this judgement consisted of Alfvaen and breadbox.

Call For Judgement 533
  Subject: Headquarters
Initiator: The Gingham Wearer
    Judge: Fortunato
Judgement: FALSE
Appealed by ThinMan
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

There exists a building called "Rule 1 is repealed. #1 Headquarters".

Initiator's Comments:

I'm not really sure. I remember Slakko saying that there should, and
some arguments about the difference between a rule stating something
exists and something comes in to being, and whether or not it should
be destroyed after the rule changes or not. I feel we really ought to
find out.

Judge's Comments:

I couldn't find much precedent for this judgement, so I'm not on as
firm ground as I would like to be, but here goes:

When Vulcan's name was changed to Rule #1 is repealed. #1, it owned
the same entities it had owned originally. In this case, the important
entities are 12 kaas of land and a building, named Rule #1 is
repealed. #1 Headquarters. This organization also owned a building
named Vulcan Headquarters, but on the same 12 kaas of land. Since Rule
#1 is repealed. #1 (R1R1) Headquarters was rule-sanctioned (by Rule
1, at the time), I believe that it takes precedence over the ownership
of Vulcan Headquarters. Therefore, the organization was only in
possession of R1R1 Headquarters. At the point at which the name was
changed back, Vulcan Headquarters was rule-sanctioned, and therefore
occupied the same space; R1R1 Headquarters was destroyed.

Appealer's Comments:

I am not particularly concerned about whether Vulcan owns two
Extravagant buildings or one. The dynamics of entity creation and
existence in Ackanomic do interest me, however, as does the interplay
of rules and custom. I think there are some issues to which the
original judge did not give due consideration. The verdict may well be
correct, but I require more semi-official explanation as to why. I
apologize to Fortunato, in fact, for appealing this CFJ.

I argue that a building named "Rule 1 is repealed. #1 Headquarters"
does, in fact, exist, as does another building named "Vulcan
Headquarters," both owned by Vulcan.

Rule 1, at various times, said that the organization currently named
Vulcan owned buildings named "Vulcan Headquarters" and "Rule 1 is
repealed. #1 Headquarters". It also said at all times that Vulcan
owned 12 kaas of land.

Rule 839 (Buildings) says that Buildings are entities, and rule 500
says that entities may only be created or destroyed as described in
the rules.

At the relevant times, rule 1 had precedence over rule 500, so that
the buildings it stipulated to exist in Vulcan's possession could have
been and were created without a specific description in the
rules. (One could also argue that these buildings somehow came into
existence without being "created" for the purposes of R500. I do not
favor that interpretation, but the distinction is immaterial.)

The previous judge's ruling makes (at least) two implicit assumptions
that I think need to be scrutinized.

1) Only one building may occupy any paricular kaa of land.
2) The 12 kaas of land mentioned in rule 1 at all times referred to
the same land.

Moreover, based on these assumptions, the previous judge apparently
concluded that R500's restrictions on entity destruction were either
satisfied or overruled.

(1) Seems natural, and may, in fact, be correct. In my research,
however, I did not find anything in the rules to support that position
directly.  One might argue that for a building to "occupy" a
particular kaa of land implies that it occupies it exclusively, but
the rules also specify that buildings are locations, and players may
be at locations. If a player can share a kaa of land with a building,
then why not two buildings? (Perhaps one is inside the other.)

(2) Rule 1 did/does not say that Vulcan owned _exactly_ twelve kaas of
land. If one prefers that seperate buildings be on disjoint plots of
land, rule 1 could be interpreted to have granted Vulcan twelve _more_
plots of land to go with the new building.

I also comment that these two assumptions are independant, in that
even if more than one building may occupy the same land, rule 1 might
still have granted Vulcan additional land for the new building.

The original judge concluded, based on the above assumptions, that the
rules required that Vulcan's building be destroyed and replaced with a
new one each time Vulcan changed its name. I can see some
justification for that conclusion, _provided_ that I accept the
assumptions. Coming to such a conclusion, however, means determining
that Rule 1 overrides rule 500 with respect to the destruction of
entities. This is different, and weaker, than the case for the
creation of the buildings, in that Rule 1 at no time said that any of
the buildings it previously created did not exist. The conflict is
that a situation seems to have been created which should not exist.

It is only the judge's combination of assumptions, however, which
indicate that the situation is impossible in the first place. Seeing
as how the assumptions, combined with the rules, lead to an impossible
conclusion, it seems to me more reasonable to challenge the
correctness of the assumptions than to invent an otherwise unspecified
event (a building destruction) to clean up the situation.

If the verdict of this CFJ is overturned to TRUE, then perhaps the
Court can also address the questions of how much land Vulcan owns and
of how its buildings are situated with respect to that land.

Supreme Court's Comments:

There is an explicit asymmetry in Ackanomic game custom. When a rule
is created which states that an entity exists, it is understood that
the entity is thereby created if it did not already exist. On the
other hand, however, when a rule which is responsible for an entity's
existence is repealed (or otherwise amended so as to remove the
creating statement), the entity is not thereby destroyed.

Instances of the former custom abound in the current ruleset (such as
the Fat Lady and the majority of Offices). Instances of the latter
custom are rarer, but do exist (such as Proposal 1331's self-deleting
text which created the Badges of Many Thanks).

There is no game custom, however, that an entity can be implicitly
renamed by a rule's amendment, and the Court can find no viable
argument to favor such an interpretation. Thus it must be the case
that both "Vulcan Headquarters" and "Rule 1 is Repealed. #1
Headquarters" both continue to exist.

At one point in time Rule 1 stated that "Vulcan Headquarters" existed,
thus causing it to be created, and at another point in time Rule 1
stated that "Rule 1 is repealed. #1 Headquarters" existed, thus
causing another creation. When, later, Rule 1 was altered to state
once again that "Vulcan Headquarters" existed, this did not create a
third building, as that fact was already true.

As to the logistics of these buildings' locations, the Court believes
that they are both to be found on the same twelve kaas of land.
Without rules to explicitly prohibit this state of affairs,
interpreting Rule 1 to implicitly grant Vulcan possession of a fresh
plot of land whenever it creates another building seems to be a less
tenable interpretation.

The original judge is penalized one point.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 05:46:08 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: message to the president)

First of all good job!
As I perceive I can see red shoes that are in the league now.
I would like to question a thought from my vacuum cleaner head.

Dear Sir.

I own a kaa of land
please tell me how much land and with what soil should I imagine?
Mutated?
Natural?
Bleeched? Ionized?
after that I would like to tell you a story 
here on this land I have been listening to great women and mens stories
how their authority in one world is another freedom within another.
I was sitting, listening, seeing. hearing.
and their it happened
plunk!
a seed from the sky or my perceived two demensionally sky. Fell thud.
I sucked it up and spit it out.
And there it grows.

just growing and growing and growing.
adjusting to the varriances in this kaa. And the crystals how they
glitter.

I could'nt figure out how to use my trinket and it fell apart and broke
I no longer have  the rock and string to tie a bow on. I think I mixed
that up.

- -hoover2300
________________________________________________________________________________________

If At First You Don't Succeed. Use A Bigger Gun.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 09:52:28 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ring Ring

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> I received news from Steven Swiniarski that a Nomic Webring was being set
> up.  I have put the Acka Main Page on the ring - but we still have to wait
> for Swann's say-so before we become official.  That shouldn't take too
> long.

It hasn't taken long.  We're on the Nomic Ring now.  It only has 5 sites
at this stage, but it will hopefully grow quickly as other Nomics find
out.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 12:05:44 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Suggested Word Un-association change:

Somebody capable of making CSR's please submit the following, so as to
fix our game before it gets too far along:

Amend rule 1250.19, "Word un-association", by changeing the paragraph
which reads:
"
All Confused must then try to find a word to link the original word
and the announced word. Any Confused that manages it gains one game
point. If no other Confused has the same link word e gains one
additional game point (unless the game has only two players). If
no-one finds a link word then the Linker gains N-1 gamepoints,
provided e can announce a word to link the two words e was thinking
of. Any Confused who do not post any proposed link word within three
days of the Linker publicly posting the uh? word is deemed to have
failed to come up with a link word. 
"
to:
"
All Confused then try to find a word to link the original word and the
announced word, and send this word to the Linker within 3 days of the
Linker posting the uh? word.  Any Confused who manages to do so gains
one gamepoint.  Any Confused who manages to do so with a link word no
other Confused submits gains an additional gamepoint, unless the game
has only two players.  At the end of the three days (or sooner, if all
Confused submit their plays in less time), the Linker shall post all
the link words submitted to em within 3 days. If no-one found a valid
link word, the Linker should also post (in the same message) the word
he was thinking of to link those two words, and in this case he gains
N-1 gamepoints for doing so.
"

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 12:54:41 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: EBS

I suggest that The Moral Kiosk build an Evil Ballot Stuffer in its secret
lab. I approve of this suggestion.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 12:54:49 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: SBoC

I read the next page of my Spell Book of Chorg (6, I think). It disappears
in a flash of light which is precisely the opposite of banna.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 13:49:49 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: SBoC Random OC determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Player: Rex Mundi
# I am using the dice server to determine the random otzma card
# delivered from the spell book of chorg based on the following
# schedule:
# 1 - go fish
# 2 - map shard
# 3 - untouch me
# 4 - share my expenses
# 5 - share my income
# 6 - tactical retreat
# 7 - paratroop
# 8 - truthseeker
# 9 - fix my gadget
# 10 - scientist for a day
# 11 - art thief
# 12 - grave robber
# No swinging sale(max in play)
# No foul fowl(max in play)
# No summon tornado(max in play)
# No skeleton key(max in play)

No. of sides on every die:     12
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

      1

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Sun Mar  1 10:49:23 1998
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id KAA25711 for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 1 Mar 1998 10:49:23 -0800
> Received: from edtntnt1-port-21.agt.net(198.161.157.87) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma025706; Sun Mar  1 10:49:13 1998
> Received: (from alfvaen@localhost) by concordia.telusplanet.net (8.7.6/8.7.3) id LAA00617 for [email-masked]; Sun, 1 Mar 1998 11:50:13 -0700
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: Chorg
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 11:50:00 -0700 (MST)
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
> Content-Type: text
> 
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 12
> #D 1
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: SBoC Random OC determination
> 
> #C Player: Rex Mundi
> #C I am using the dice server to determine the random otzma card
> #C delivered from the spell book of chorg based on the following
> #C schedule:
> #C 1 - go fish
> #C 2 - map shard
> #C 3 - untouch me
> #C 4 - share my expenses
> #C 5 - share my income
> #C 6 - tactical retreat
> #C 7 - paratroop
> #C 8 - truthseeker
> #C 9 - fix my gadget
> #C 10 - scientist for a day
> #C 11 - art thief
> #C 12 - grave robber
> #C No swinging sale(max in play)
> #C No foul fowl(max in play)
> #C No summon tornado(max in play)
> #C No skeleton key(max in play)
> 

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBNPmtvz8NitsTFjcVAQHSqAP/Z4LltfycLChADK+Og0NOSkCzaCPEU93B
M0JiMVWSc/1bF0OygFEklJUc69+jfl1dbWMjO6TOD2jaFC6PW09L7cpIFw+v1Ryh
qsl3IgPDFvhX3fqemaaTmpxmRBdlk/as7J7D0jfE8XghaPiwxxh0YsOUiJien1Cl
C0/GE/InCAQ=
=q7A6
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 13:50:14 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Raft

two-star found the Great Raft of Ackanomic yesterday.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Marc Almond:The Stars We Are
Current Book--Robin W. Bailey:Brothers of The Dragon
Don't set fire to the one I love...

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 13:51:13 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Suggested Word Un-association change:

> "
> All Confused then try to find a word to link the original word and the
> announced word, and send this word to the Linker within 3 days of the
> Linker posting the uh? word.  Any Confused who manages to do so gains
> one gamepoint.  Any Confused who manages to do so with a link word no
> other Confused submits gains an additional gamepoint, unless the game
> has only two players.  At the end of the three days (or sooner, if all
> Confused submit their plays in less time), the Linker shall post all
> the link words submitted to em within 3 days. If no-one found a valid
> link word, the Linker should also post (in the same message) the word
> he was thinking of to link those two words, and in this case he gains
> N-1 gamepoints for doing so.
> "

I agree that a change is necessary, but it might be better to have the
confused post their words to the referee, otherwise e becomes slightly
redundant, only there to settle disputes.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 14:18:23 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Door Prize

Vynd has won the Museum's Bonus Vote door prize for March.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Scruffy The Cat:Moons of Jupiter
Current Book--Robin W. Bailey:Brothers of The Dragon
Anarchy? I knew an Archy once! Can I join the revolution?

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 18:14:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stripe

Cool, my first Stripe Ceremony as President.

On behalf of all Acka, I award Calvin N Hobbes a Silver Stripe, to go with
eir existing Blue Cross and two Silver Stripes, for having attained a Blue
Cross Rank of 50.

Display the Stripe with honour and pride - new Harfmeister!

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 22:28:37 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: B-Ack Random Determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Player: The Gingham Wearer
# Dates: February 26, 27, 28, March 1
# The abovementioned player is in the Wilds and posted a public message.
# There is a 40% chance at the B-Ack is on the trail of whoever it
# is, i.e. a value of 1 through 40.
# Alfvaen

No. of sides on every die:    100
No. of dice for every roll:     4
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

    165

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Sun Mar  1 19:28:27 1998
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id TAA15745 for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 1 Mar 1998 19:28:27 -0800
> Received: from edtntnt2-port-7.agt.net(209.115.133.7) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma015738; Sun Mar  1 19:28:18 1998
> Received: (from alfvaen@localhost) by concordia.telusplanet.net (8.7.6/8.7.3) id UAA00360 for [email-masked]; Sun, 1 Mar 1998 20:29:25 -0700
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: B-Ack
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 20:29:24 -0700 (MST)
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
> Content-Type: text
> 
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 100
> #D 4
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: B-Ack Random Determination
> 
> #C Player: The Gingham Wearer
> #C Dates: February 26, 27, 28, March 1
> #C
> #C The abovementioned player is in the Wilds and posted a public message.
> #C
> #C There is a 40% chance at the B-Ack is on the trail of whoever it
> #C is, i.e. a value of 1 through 40.
> #C
> #C Alfvaen

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBNPonYD8NitsTFjcVAQGdLgP/Xg1yTmw0VMeqN49Xo7tDxOMfIleJ87hl
KnDTj3q9pHdxcHUGl0xyZIesCBNqQBXGT7yH7esosaCUfVBR48QnX/AL5636EFwr
X3z47atndNYQL3jxa7g3SSF0o2W9ziSapi3p50yo3UZYP2mf0fc7kJhWs3xqN+9i
Gr0Rby6DkdY=
=ixys
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 22:32:54 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: B-Ack Random Determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Once again, ignore the previous attempt.  It was obviously misformed.
# Player: The Gingham Wearer
# Date: Feb 26, 27, 28, March 1
# The abovementioned player is in the Wilds and posted a public message.
# There is a 40% chance at the B-Ack is on the trail of whoever it
# is, i.e. a value of 1 through 40.
# Alfvaen

No. of sides on every die:    100
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    4
No. of rolls per line:          1

     83
     56
     50
     61

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Sun Mar  1 19:32:37 1998
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id TAA15868 for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 1 Mar 1998 19:32:37 -0800
> Received: from edtntnt2-port-7.agt.net(209.115.133.7) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma015865; Sun Mar  1 19:32:36 1998
> Received: (from alfvaen@localhost) by concordia.telusplanet.net (8.7.6/8.7.3) id UAA00395 for [email-masked]; Sun, 1 Mar 1998 20:33:54 -0700
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: B-Ack
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 20:33:53 -0700 (MST)
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
> Content-Type: text
> 
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 100
> #D 1
> #R 4
> #L 1
> #T Acka: B-Ack Random Determination
> 
> #C Once again, ignore the previous attempt.  It was obviously misformed.
> #C
> #C Player: The Gingham Wearer
> #C Date: Feb 26, 27, 28, March 1
> #C
> #C The abovementioned player is in the Wilds and posted a public message.
> #C
> #C There is a 40% chance at the B-Ack is on the trail of whoever it
> #C is, i.e. a value of 1 through 40.
> #C Alfvaen
> 

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBNPooYj8NitsTFjcVAQHztwP5AckNFM8HcI2+XwP8OxsebR3A7XsiZA0M
TWN8n2PJ9m8h/3BPaKJ00wfGRJSa/WmKFRCabO8gIHeKn5BSNwlew6bpAlEh78Pu
auPuympnpZjeE+fZ/22vU7cCqelnyT0uVW6qR2Lpzj0t8jghArY/jCW4HTg+ZOfJ
65ebRZAZEAM=
=dIEX
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 22:34:21 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Bored

In an effort to see if something exciting will happen, I am going to
the Vault of the Book.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Nina Hagen:Fearless
Current Book--Robin W. Bailey:Brothers of The Dragon
Every night I tell myself I am the cosmos.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 22:37:55 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Ackanomicon Determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Player: 
# Ackanomicon determination
# based on the following (using a 50 sided die):
# 1 -15: arcane trivia
# 16-20: vile prophecies
# 21-25: inner workings
# 26-30: arcane lore
# 31-33: terrorizing pages
# 34-34: ancient artifact
# 35-36: mutation
# 37-38: dark domain
# 39-39: the secret
# 40-41: long lost treasure
# 42-43: doomsday
# 44-44: forbidden fruit
# 45-45: catastrophe
# 46-49: not so forbidden fruit
# 50-50: ancient one
# Alfvaen

No. of sides on every die:     50
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

      6

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Sun Mar  1 19:37:38 1998
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id TAA15965 for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 1 Mar 1998 19:37:38 -0800
> Received: from edtntnt2-port-7.agt.net(209.115.133.7) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma015963; Sun Mar  1 19:37:33 1998
> Received: (from alfvaen@localhost) by concordia.telusplanet.net (8.7.6/8.7.3) id UAA00461 for [email-masked]; Sun, 1 Mar 1998 20:38:48 -0700
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: Book
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 20:38:45 -0700 (MST)
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
> Content-Type: text
> 
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 50
> #D 1
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: Ackanomicon Determination
> 
> #C Player: 
> #C Ackanomicon determination
> #C based on the following (using a 50 sided die):
> #C 1 -15: arcane trivia
> #C 16-20: vile prophecies
> #C 21-25: inner workings
> #C 26-30: arcane lore
> #C 31-33: terrorizing pages
> #C 34-34: ancient artifact
> #C 35-36: mutation
> #C 37-38: dark domain
> #C 39-39: the secret
> #C 40-41: long lost treasure
> #C 42-43: doomsday
> #C 44-44: forbidden fruit
> #C 45-45: catastrophe
> #C 46-49: not so forbidden fruit
> #C 50-50: ancient one
> #C Alfvaen
> 
> 

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBNPopiz8NitsTFjcVAQG1FAP9E8Aqwaut3oLE9awGyWhXbd89qORJOpuD
vdicS6/c3hzvwCn/ilbs2MczRcWa7/Ki8BA+7jbrOUWzurMK+Z1XKyPlmqcMWuRt
+d2dOxtBpuDDk0t7g74LE3ZAwFNQFSU7fUlldEHRR7/4PJseQOKwcEuwVN15gSlE
c+aeajjjTJg=
=sbMi
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 23:09:04 -0500 (EST)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The Infrequent Ackan Volume 1 Issue 12

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > Incidentally, I'm maintaining a list of who's said
> > Hubert on the treasure page (Alfvaen, Vynd, Hubert, rufus and myself so
> > far) so if you see anyone else say it then email me.
> 
> I haven't seen rufus do it(are you sure e did?), but I think that
> breadbox's Tabulator results might very well count...by my standards,
> at least.

rufus has, and I also agree that breadbox's messages should count.

- -Hubert

Where do you want to go, toady? 

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #44
******************************