Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #40
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Thursday, February 26 1998      Volume 03 : Number 040

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:34:14 -0500 (EST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR 

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
> 
> >  In Rule 1240.1, section III sub-section 1., replace the "Cards created in
> >  any period" with "Cards created by the RuneMaker in any period" {{[So as
> >  to conform with what we are actually doing]}}In sub-section 2., delete
> >  "any Institution,"
>
[snip] 
> I object to this CSR.
> 
I object as well.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:39:10 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Stripe

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> In honour of eir 70th accepted Proposal, I am awarding Guy Fawkes a
> Silver Stripe, feeling somehow inadequate as I do so.

Oi! Speedy!  Slow down a minute.  You can't do this - you calculated
wrongly, Guy Fawkes is on a mere 69 Blue Cross Rank right now.

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:43:18 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Functional Office Appointment

The Nomination period has closed for the Functional Office of Web-Harfer.

There were two Nominees for this office:

Alfvaen
Slakko

As Alfvaen seemed to imply that eir Nomination was a default Nomination,
in case no-one else wanted it, and as I don't have to worry about such
things as 2Mb quotas, I am appointing myself as Web-Harfer.

The new official Ackanomic Front Page is at:

http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/Acka/index.html

It has been split with most links in subdocuments.  If you'd rather not go
to the subdocuments, there is an alternative front page, with 99% of the
links directly on it, at

http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/Acka/altindex.html

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:55:37 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Holiday Explanation

From the Rule allowing Presidents to declare Holidays:

No time during a Holiday shall count towards the times officers have to do
their tasks. Nor shall it count towards any "periods" as defined elsewhere
in the rules. This clause takes precedence over any rule which would
require the counting of such time. 

From the Hall of Elders Rule:

7) Whenever an enshrinee is enshrined in the Hall (either by this rule or
another), An Ackanomic Holiday shall be placed on the calendar, named
after the enshrinee (e.g. Elder X's Day). The date (excluding year) shall
be chosen as follows: 
1) It shall not be Jan 22nd. 
2) It shall be the date the player in question originally joined the game,
if that date can be determined with finality, and that date is not already
an Ackanomic Holiday, otherwise, 
3) It shall be the date the player in question most recently left the
game, if that date is not already an Ackanomic Holiday, otherwise, 
4) The Speaker shall choose a date that is not already an Ackanomic
Holiday. 

How can "Ackanomic Holiday" not be interpreted as a subset of "Holiday"?

Yours,
Slakko
- --
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 03:08:08 -0500 (EST)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Soundtrack

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, David Scheidt wrote:

> > I wish to play "Your Latest Trick" by Dire Straits.

> Nice choice in songs.  Of course, you would pick a song I can never
> remember all of the words to, and so am doomed to have it stuck in my head

No kidding.  Now I'm gonna want to go out and buy that album so I can find
out all the words.

In somewhat the same vein, what exactly is now to happen with the Office
of DeeJay?  I remember Vynd claimed that the same wording ({{ Hold an
Election for the Office of... }}) in the Astronomer/Werewolf proposal
would have failed because there would have been no Nomination taken.
Looking at Rule 402, I'm not sure I agree.  I certainly could have worded
that section more carefully, but I think there would be a Nomination
taking place right now for the Office of DeeJay, since it defaulted to a
Political office.  Which is more appropriate than not, I suppose.

> > (What shape are bannas, anyway?)
> If you were truly enlightened, you would know the true nature of banna

According to TGW, you could just look at the Earth...

- -Hubert

God is love. Love is blind. Therefore, Ray Charles is God. 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 03:19:54 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Soundtrack

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Hubert wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, David Scheidt wrote:
> 
> > > I wish to play "Your Latest Trick" by Dire Straits.
> 
> > Nice choice in songs.  Of course, you would pick a song I can never
> > remember all of the words to, and so am doomed to have it stuck in my head
> 
> No kidding.  Now I'm gonna want to go out and buy that album so I can find
> out all the words.
I think that I have a tape of this kicking around in back seat of the car
with a stereo in it.  It would probably annoy me less to just go buy it,
though.

> Looking at Rule 402, I'm not sure I agree.  I certainly could have worded
> that section more carefully, but I think there would be a Nomination
> taking place right now for the Office of DeeJay, since it defaulted to a
> Political office.  Which is more appropriate than not, I suppose.

Indeed.  The first step of holding an Election is to hold a Nomination,
which I shall do in my next post.

> 
> > > (What shape are bannas, anyway?)
> > If you were truly enlightened, you would know the true nature of banna
> 
> According to TGW, you could just look at the Earth...
> 
Aye, but you must be truly enlightened.

rufus

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 03:24:24 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Office of DeeJay Election.

I am required to hold an Election for the office of DeeJay.  Rule 402
tells me that the first step is to hold a Nomination.  Reply to nominate
yourself, keeping in mind that "to nominate" takes an object.  The
nomination shall last 3 Acka buissness days, which may, or may not,
include mr cwm day.  

rufus
Count Tabula

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:03 -0500 (EST)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Soundtrack

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, David Scheidt wrote:

> > > If you were truly enlightened, you would know the true nature of banna
> > 
> > According to TGW, you could just look at the Earth...
> > 
> Aye, but you must be truly enlightened.

Aye, but I am.  According to the P/E page, at least.

- -Hubert

God is love. Love is blind. Therefore, Ray Charles is God. 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:05:00 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Soundtrack

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Hubrt wrote:

> 
> 
> On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, David Scheidt wrote:
> 
> > > > If you were truly enlightened, you would know the true nature of banna
> > > 
> > > According to TGW, you could just look at the Earth...
> > > 
> > Aye, but you must be truly enlightened.
> 
> Aye, but I am.  According to the P/E page, at least.
> 
But you do not know the banna nature, so you are not *truly* enlightened.
Knowing that the world is round is not knowing the banna-nature of the
earth.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:10:01 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Witchhunt, was: Re: Soundtrack

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, David Scheidt wrote:

> But you do not know the banna nature, so you are not *truly* enlightened.
> Knowing that the world is round is not knowing the banna-nature of the
> earth.

Burn the Witch!

I am calling for a Witchhunt on rufus for his heretical remark.  
Not only did he say the world was round, not banna, e implied it was not
flat, like a banna split!

I am your Hearing Harfer for this Hearing.  Votes to me please
Valid verdicts are "No! E said the Earth is flat" and "BURN THE WITCH!". 

Yours,
Slakko
Witchfinder General
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:25:18 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: withchunt defense.

  This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
  Send mail to [email-masked] for more info.

- --EAA16819.888484855/infocom.com
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

I did not say the earth was round.  I said that knowing the earth was
round was not the same as knowing the earth is banna.  This is true even
though the earth is hemi-spherical.  Knowledge doesn't imply the external
reality.  

rufus, annoyed that anyone would think of accusing me of denying the
earths banna.

- --EAA16819.888484855/infocom.com--

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:08:21 -0500 (EST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Praetor

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> I am appointing Calvin N Hobbes to be Acting Praetor, this time unless
> e _actively_ refuses.  :-)  (I don't want to get stuck on the Supreme
> Court any more.)
> 
> By the way, is anyone working on the Revamping The Appeal Proposal?  If
> not, I'll see what I can work up.  (If so, I can help proofread or
> something...)

I am working on such a Proposal, though right now I'm still trolling for
ideas from others and bouncing around possibilities in my heads.  Send me
what thoughts you do have if you like.  If you want to work on this on a
co-proposal basis, that would work, too.

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:09:26 -0500 (EST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: over Malenkai's dead body

I am seconding, thirding, or whatever nthing it turns up to be Malenkai's
nomination to the Hall of Elders.

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:20:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: withchunt defense.

However, a Witchhunt is not a CFJ.  CFJ's are decided (usually) by the
Judge's best logical deductions as applied to the Rules.  Witchhunts are
decided by mob violence, and my marshmallow stick hasn't been used in _so_
long.

BURN THE WITCH!!!

Guy Fawkes

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, David Scheidt wrote:

> I did not say the earth was round.  I said that knowing the earth was
> round was not the same as knowing the earth is banna.  This is true even
> though the earth is hemi-spherical.  Knowledge doesn't imply the external
> reality.  
> 
> rufus, annoyed that anyone would think of accusing me of denying the
> earths banna.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:44:12 -0500 (EST)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Testing the Waters (fwd)

(Actually, if the Two Free Cycle Wins For No Good Reason prop passes, I
will have a Champion's Cloak.  Goldenmean, Hachiman, and I have all won
infinite times on his Party Chess Nomic.)
- -----

  For the record, I have just created a Nomic called "SDGWEJRWEKLR",
with the single rule: "Dan Knapp (Red Barn in Acka) both can change
the rules of this Nomic, thus fulfilling the definitions thereof, and
is constantly winning it an infinite number of times, and has also
already done so."  Sort of a "virtual Nomic", and probably of relevance
to nothing.

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<[email-masked]><[email-masked]> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Visit ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/ and find out about text adventures!
Help fight continental drift. -- ?

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:17:10 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Testing the Waters

> (Actually, if the Two Free Cycle Wins For No Good Reason prop passes, I
> will have a Champion's Cloak.  Goldenmean, Hachiman, and I have all won
> infinite times on his Party Chess Nomic.)

>   For the record, I have just created a Nomic called "SDGWEJRWEKLR",
> with the single rule: "Dan Knapp (Red Barn in Acka) both can change
> the rules of this Nomic, thus fulfilling the definitions thereof, and
> is constantly winning it an infinite number of times, and has also
> already done so."  Sort of a "virtual Nomic", and probably of relevance
> to nothing.

I hereby announce /dev/infinomic, a new nomic with the following ruleset:
========
1. All players must obey the rules.  People may only become players
in accordance with the rules.  Initially, Joseph DeVincentis (/dev/joe
in Ackanomic) is a player.  The name of this nomic is /dev/infinomic.

2. The rules may be changed at any time by unanimous consent of the players,
or by the first player, without consent of any other players.

3. All players of /dev/infinomic win /dev/infinomic continuously, an
infinity of times in any finite time span.
========

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:56:54 -0500 (EST)
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Dragonomic

I hereby announce the creation of Dragonomic, a nomic game played only
within the confines of Balsamic Dragon's Lair.

Here are the rules for anyone who wants to join.

1.  All players must obey rules with odd numbers.  All players must disobey
rules with even numbers.  Any game actions not described in the rules are
permissable.  The name of this nomic is Dragonomic.

2.  No player in Dragonomic may be also be a member of Ackanomic.

3.  A person may become a player by asking Balsamic Dragon if they may join
Dragonomic.

4.  Balsamic Dragon is not a player in Dragonomic.

5.  Dragonomic can never be won an infinite number of times.

6.  The rules of Dragonomic may be changed by anyone who wants to, except
for Balsamic Dragon.

7.  Five is an even number.

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:44:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Testing the Waters

Well, there's no reason not to, aside from it being a cheap win, but, oh
well.

I announce the creation of a new Nomic, named Burn Guy Fawkes!  Its
initial Ruleset is as follows.

1. Robert Shimmin, known as Guy Fawkes in Ackanomic, is a player of Burn
Guy Fawkes!.  In the game of Burn Guy Fawkes, he is known as Guy Fawkes!

2. Any other person may become a player of Burn Guy Fawkes! by informing
Guy Fawkes of their intent to join Burn Guy Fawkes!  Any player may leave
at any time.

3. Guy Fawkes is continually being burnt, charred, and otherwise immolated
in this game.  In fact, Guy Fawkes is burnt an infinite number of times
during any finite interval of time.

4. Any player may roast a marshmallow over Guy Fawkes, provided they have
not done so during the last three days.  Upon roasting a marshmallow, they
may announce exactly one valid change to the Rules, which shall take place
exactly three days after its announcement.

5. Valid changes to the Rules include swapping the positions of any two
words in the Rules, changing any two-word phrase in the Rules to any other
two-word phrase, and deleting any one or two consecutive words in the
Rules.  A Rule altered in this fashion must have some semantic meaning (as
determined by Guy Fawkes) after the alteration. 

6. If there are disagreements about the interpretation of the Rules, Guy
Fawkes shall resolve them.

7. Guy Fawkes wins the game every time he is burnt.  The game ends if Guy
Fawkes leaves the game.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:49:29 -0500 (EST)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2743

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> > Create a new Rule, titled "Acka-Dot Trade Organisation.", which reads as
> > follows:
> > 
> >  {{This rule is a member of the Transnomicial Trade Pacts Rule Suite if
> > such exists.))
> 
> Not only did this proposal end up before the other one, so Trade Pacts
> will not exist by the time this one is created, but you also inadvertently
> used )) instead of }} to close off this section, resulting in the entire
> rule being enclosed in {{ }}.
> 
> /dev/joe
> 

 Hmmm.  Yes, well, I don't know how the first happened, and whilst I could
claim the second was a spelling mistake I think I'll just do the easy way
and fix both problems - retract and resubmit...

 I hereby retract proposal 2743.

 Wild Card.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:52:21 -0500 (EST)
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Testing the Waters

> 
> I announce the creation of a new Nomic, named Burn Guy Fawkes!  Its
> initial Ruleset is as follows.

Cool!

> 2. Any other person may become a player of Burn Guy Fawkes! by informing
> Guy Fawkes of their intent to join Burn Guy Fawkes!  Any player may leave
> at any time.

I would like to join the nomic Burn Guy Fawkes!  My player name will be
Balsamic Dragon.

> 4. Any player may roast a marshmallow over Guy Fawkes, provided they have
> not done so during the last three days.  Upon roasting a marshmallow,
they
> may announce exactly one valid change to the Rules, which shall take
place
> exactly three days after its announcement.

I am roasting a marshmallow over Guy Fawkes.  I am announcing a rule change
as follows:

The words two-word phrase "Guy Fawkes" in Rule 6 is charged to the two-word
phrase 
"Balsamic Dragon".

I am eating my marshmallow.

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:58:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Now that the Scam Has Ended

I believe the only "nomics" external to Ackanomic, and described in the
ruleset as nomics, would be those members of Internomic.  So, out of all
those infinite scam nomics, I would have argued that only the wins in
.Nomic were recognised by Acka.

Not that that's going to do much good now.

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 12:18:30 -0500 (EST)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Swinger for sale

  Swinger's offices are tradeable, no so?  I am offering the NAP Swinger's
office in trade for the first offer of A$50.  I don't have the time...

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<[email-masked]><[email-masked]> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Visit ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/ and find out about text adventures!
Some things aren't self-referential.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 12:26:03 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Swinger for sale

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, A.K.A. TheWiz wrote:

> 
>   Swinger's offices are tradeable, no so?  I am offering the NAP Swinger's
> office in trade for the first offer of A$50.  I don't have the time...

1). You don't have it any more - as soon as you passed for the third time
you automatically vacated the office.

2). Only Capital Swinger Offices are tradeable, because they are Capital
Offices.  The NAP Swinger position is a Political Office, and hence not
Tradeable.

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:57:45 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR 

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
> > 
> > >  In Rule 1240.1, section III sub-section 1., replace the "Cards created in
> > >  any period" with "Cards created by the RuneMaker in any period" {{[So as
> > >  to conform with what we are actually doing]}}  In sub-section 2., delete
> > >  "any Institution,"
> > 
> > Actually, this is not necessarily "what we are actually doing".  I had two
> > Otzma Days, on the 7th and 17th of January (i.e. within a fortnight).  I
> > created 17 cards in that time.  I see no reason to apply the restriction
> > (or at least attempt to apply it) to Otzma Days, as they are already
> > heavily restricted by the minimum 10 day wait, and the LSAP maximum.
> > 
> > Besides, I don't think this change will have the intended effect anyway.
> > It will only affect creation of cards by _other_ rules.
> 
> What I am trying to address with this change is the fact that we do not
> seem to be paying any attention to the limits set on Otzma card creation
> in section III sub-section 1 of Rule 1240.1.  It says that no more than 14
> cards can ever be created in a 7 day period, by any rule or entity.
> Perhaps I am mistaken, and someone is keeping careful track of cards
> created as boons of the ancients, etc, but that wasn't my impression.

Actually, it only says that _other_ rules can create cards provided they
keep to the limit.  It says absolutely nothing about the number of cards
created by the RuneMaker rule.  I personally don't think it should,
either, as the RuneMaker rule creates cards in a way that gives everyone a
reasonable chance (they are auctioned off, after all).

To enforce the limit, perhaps the rephrasing should split that subsection
into two.  The first part restricts the RuneMaker to only creating Otzma
Cards on Otzma Days.  The second part says: Any attempt to create an Otzma
Card by any means not described in this rule fails if 14 or more Otzma
cards have been created in the last 7 days.

I'd be happy with this rephrasing.  Any more suggestions?

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:35:45 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Acka: Gaol

Sometime yesterday, else...if was released from Gaol.

ThinMan
Gaoler

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:43:49 -0500 (EST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Now that the Scam Has Ended

From Rule 419.2:

> Internomic is an entity. Member nomics of Internomic, excepting
> Ackanomic and Internomic, are named tradeable entities. Whenever a Nomic
> joins Internomic, it is owned by the Treasury. Whenever a member
> nomic(excepting Ackanomic and Internomic)leaves Internomic it is
> destroyed. 

The fact that the Ruleset speaks of nomics joining Internomic implies that
the Rules recognize that there exist nomics which are not members of
Internomic.  At several other places in the Ruleset, the Rules speak of
those nomics which belong to Internomic as "member nomics" or "nomics
which are members of Internomic."  The presence of the modifier suggests
that there may exist nomics which are not members of Internomic.

At any rate, I can see nothing in the Rules to suggest that nomics which
are not members of Internomic are not, in fact, nomics.  The only thing I
can see which even vaguely supports your claim is that only those nomics
which are mebers of Internomic are in the Treasury, while all other nomics
are not entities.

At any rate, the definition of the word "nomic" is not is the Rules.  Left
to common English usage and game custom, I think the definition found in
the Internomic Ruleset fits well -- "A nomic is a game in which the Rules
are changeable by those who play it."

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 19:57:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2726 accepted

>>> Create a Rule with a unique number X in the 900's entitled "Ackanomic Sound
>>> System Rule Suite" with the following BODLY-delimited text:
> 
>> (Why was this done?) I believe this requires the OiCoRT to determine
>> the rule number. If Veal Fan would do me the favor....
> 
> Using my own dice, I come up with 950, which is a propitious number for
> a Rule Suite anyway.

I believe the new Rule Suite has finally been created and is in place.

By the way, I note for the record that the proposal was not prolix,
despite its claims, as only a single word can be used. (And anyway,
"Ackanomic", "sound", and "system" are all in the ruleset already.)
It did get two literature scores, though, including one for which had
been on the literature list for an infinitesimal amount of time.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 20:33:47 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2746

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

> > I retract this proposal, due to the silly
mistakes. I still think this
> > needs fixing, and will submit a corrected proposal, unless there is
> stron
> > objection.  
> > 
> > I create a trinket called the D'oh!  It is a big green inflatible
> hammer,
> > perfect knocking one's self over the head with.  It has the value of
> > A$10.
> 
> I don't think either of these happened. You've done  it in Acka-research.
> 
D'oh!  I retract proposal 2746.  

I create a trinket called the D'oh!  It is a big green inflatible hammer,
perfect for knocking one's self over the head with.  It has the value of
10A$.  I knock myself over the head with the D'oh!.  For good measure, I
do it again.

rufus

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:47:44 -0500 (EST)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:Harfness

I am using my powers as Harfmeister to declare proposals 2737 and 2738
harfy.

- -Hubert

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother. 

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #40
******************************