Subject: ackanomic digest V3 #39
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest     Wednesday, February 25 1998     Volume 03 : Number 039

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 02:20:22 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CSR 

Remember CSR 126 from a few weeks back?  Here it is again, with a few
slight changes:

Amend Rule 212 by replacing the first occurance of: 

remaining pool

with:

remaining pool of players eligible to judge CFJs

{{[Some people found this unclear]}}

Further amend Rule 212 by replacing:

"the other active players"  

with:

"the active voting players eligible to judge CFJs"

{{[An empty reference]}}

{{[In the remained of this this CSR, all quotation marks are delimiters
only.]}}

 Delete the following text from the second to last paragraph of Rule 217:
 "Members of a Jury that ruled on a CFJ may not appeal that CFJ, neither
 can the Judge, Prosaecutor and Consaecutor of that CFJ."

 Amend the second paragraph of Rule 348 by replacing "to one" with "to
 match one"

 In Rule 408, delete the text "; the time of these reports is deemed to be
 the time indicated by the message's initial timestamp" {{[Redundant]}}
 from section c).  Also delete the text "(except duty (b) below)" from
 section d).

 Add the following text to the end of the first paragraph of Rule 212, and
 then delete it from Rule 417:  "Supreme Court Justices and acting Supreme
 Court Justices are ineligible to be selected to judge CFJs."

 Replace the last word of Rule 929, "entities", with "garments"

 In Rule 1240.1, section III sub-section 1., replace the "Cards created in
 any period" with "Cards created by the RuneMaker in any period" {{[So as
 to conform with what we are actually doing]}}  In sub-section 2., delete
 "any Institution,"

 In the first paragraph of Rule 1240.6, replace "player to play" with
 "player to pay" and "pays the names amount" with "pays the named amount".

 In Rule 421 replace all occurances of "CSSR" with "CSRR".

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 02:30:04 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR 

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:

>  In Rule 1240.1, section III sub-section 1., replace the "Cards created in
>  any period" with "Cards created by the RuneMaker in any period" {{[So as
>  to conform with what we are actually doing]}}  In sub-section 2., delete
>  "any Institution,"

Actually, this is not necessarily "what we are actually doing".  I had two
Otzma Days, on the 7th and 17th of January (i.e. within a fortnight).  I
created 17 cards in that time.  I see no reason to apply the restriction
(or at least attempt to apply it) to Otzma Days, as they are already
heavily restricted by the minimum 10 day wait, and the LSAP maximum.

Besides, I don't think this change will have the intended effect anyway.
It will only affect creation of cards by _other_ rules.

I object to this CSR.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:46:11 -0500 (EST)
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: nomination for NAP swinger

Hmm, how can rufus accept nominations?  I don't think we have a player by
that name!

Balsamic Dragon ;)

- ----------
> From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
> To: ackanomic main list <[email-masked]>
> Subject: acka: nomination for NAP swinger
> Date: Tuesday, February 24, 1998 8:38 PM
> 
> The Non-aligned party swinger office is now vacant.  I am accepting
> nominations.  To nominate yourself, you need to not be in a Party.  Or
> rather, you need to be not in a party, since you cannot not be.
> 
> 
> rufus
> 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:06:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: nomination for NAP swinger

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Vivian Norwood wrote:

> Hmm, how can rufus accept nominations?  I don't think we have a player by
> that name!
> 
> Balsamic Dragon ;)

Yes we do - you're thinking of the player formerly unofficially known as
Rico.  rufus has been rufus ever since e joined.
This is a purely unofficial bit of Ackanomic business, so there :-)

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:30:01 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Holiday Reminder

A reminder to everyone: February 27th is mr cwm's Day.
So Friday is an Ackanomic holiday, and hence does not count for the
purposes of determining periods of time.

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:04:27 -0500 (EST)
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Actions...

Well, I didn't get everyone's moves for GAD in time, so I won't be
reporting the results for Round 5 until Monday.  And that's too bad,
because a LOT of things happened this round, too ;)

I go on vacation, expected duration 5 days.

- ------------------
Aaron Keesler
Lotus Notes Administrator
Intranet Administrator
Adtran, Inc.
- ------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:33:27 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR 

OK, first of all, CSR 128 was accepted um, quite some time ago.  I don't
remember reporting this fact, but its true...

Second of all, my attempt to submit a CSR failed because I forgot to
assign it a number (aka forgot to go look and see what number we are on).
I'll do it again, properly, as soon as we address the below.

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
> 
> >  In Rule 1240.1, section III sub-section 1., replace the "Cards created in
> >  any period" with "Cards created by the RuneMaker in any period" {{[So as
> >  to conform with what we are actually doing]}}  In sub-section 2., delete
> >  "any Institution,"
> 
> Actually, this is not necessarily "what we are actually doing".  I had two
> Otzma Days, on the 7th and 17th of January (i.e. within a fortnight).  I
> created 17 cards in that time.  I see no reason to apply the restriction
> (or at least attempt to apply it) to Otzma Days, as they are already
> heavily restricted by the minimum 10 day wait, and the LSAP maximum.
> 
> Besides, I don't think this change will have the intended effect anyway.
> It will only affect creation of cards by _other_ rules.

What I am trying to address with this change is the fact that we do not
seem to be paying any attention to the limits set on Otzma card creation
in section III sub-section 1 of Rule 1240.1.  It says that no more than 14
cards can ever be created in a 7 day period, by any rule or entity.
Perhaps I am mistaken, and someone is keeping careful track of cards
created as boons of the ancients, etc, but that wasn't my impression.

What I wanted to change was the counting of cards created by other Rules
towards the 14 card limit laid down in Rule 1240.1.  The specific
rewording I proposed, would, I think, accomplish this.  It would keep in
place the 14 card limit for Rule 1240.1, which I don't know if we really
want or not.  As Slakko points out, it would have little effect on the
RuneMaker.  He can only have an Otzma day every 10 days, so the only time
the 14 card limit would grab him would be if the LSAP was over 14, or if
there were other Rules calling for him to create Otzma cards, rathe than
creating the cards by themselves.  So perhaps a different rephrasing would
be more appropriate.

> -- 
> Duncan C. "" Richer aka
> Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
> Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
> Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

                                - CSRR Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:08:26 -0500 (EST)
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Harf Attack

- ----------
> From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
> To: Ackanomic Main Mailing List <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: Harf Attack
> Date: Monday, February 23, 1998 12:25 PM
> 
> I have just harfed up a new revamped Web-Harfer style home page, at 
> http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/Acka/index.html

Finally got around to looking at this, and it looks _really_ good!

Keep up the good work!  If you ever get the opportunity to draw a salary
for it, I will vote for you!

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:18:41 -0500 (EST)
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fw: internomic: INP 363

I apologize for the lateness of this INP.  If you could vote by Monday, it
would be good.  Thanks!

Balsamic Dragon
Ambassador

> INP 363
> 
> Create a new rule with the text:
> 
>  The moderator should be subscribed to the Internomic mailing
>  list. Whenever the rules require someone to communicate with the 
>  moderator, sending the communication to the Internomic mailing
>  list is sufficient to fulfill this requirement.
> 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:27:53 -0500 (EST)
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 528 (Malenkai)

Okay, so this one is attempting to go to the Praetor (again!).

Clerk of the Courts
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 528 - February 2, 1998
Subject: Judgment Overturn
Initiator: Slakko
Judge: rufus  (deadbeat)
Second Judge: Alfvaen (deadbeat)
Third Judge: Malenkai
Judgement:

Statement:

Some Judgements may not be overturned within 14 days of it being issued.

Reasoning:

Rule 215 says: "All Judgements must be in accordance with all the rules in
effect at the time judgement was invoked, and with respect to the game
state at that time. "

It further states: "A statement verified (or nullified) by judgement
applies retroactively to any past game situation it may concern. "

Therefore, if a judgement is overturned on appeal, in such a way that the
original judge's interpretation of a rule was wrong, then the first
judgement never happened, by Rule 215, provided (as in accordance with
rule 701: "If, however, the illegality or impossibility of a publically
knowable change to the game state goes unreported for at least 14 days,
the action or inaction which caused that change is considered legal, but
it is still a Crime.") that the judgement is overturned within 14 days.

Hence a judgement which is dependent upon the interpretation of a rule may
not be overturned within 14 days of its issue.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:29:47 -0500 (EST)
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 542 (FALSE)

Clerk of the Courts
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 542 - February 23, 1998
Subject: Museum Entities
Initiator: The Gingham Wearer  (sent February 20, 1998, 10:57 a.m.)
Judge: Slagothor  (selected February 23, 1998, 11:45 a.m.)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:
All entities in the museum are also in the treasury.

Reasoning:
I only spotted this when I was judging CFJ 540 and was considering
pointing this out in my reasoning. Eventually I decided the two cases
were sufficiently different to warrant two separate CFJs however.

Rule 505 states:

"The Treasury is a named, unownable entity that serves as a storing house
for entities that belong to no Player, except for those entities for
which the rules explicitly state are not in (or considered to be in) the
Treasury."

Entities in the museum do not belong to any player, nor does the rule for
the museum explicitly state that entities in the museum are *not* in the
treasury. Therefore I can only presume that they must be in the treasury.

Judge's Reasoning:

The last sentence of section III of Rule 850, "Museum," states that "Items
on display in the Museum are not considered in the Treasury."  This seems
rather unequivocal to me; there could perhaps be some nits picked on the
basis of the somewhat ambiguous wording, but I think it's rather clear
that the items in question are in the Museum rather than the Treasury.

Thanks to the Calf-Killing One [Veal Fan] for doing my job as well as
eirs.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:33:24 -0500 (EST)
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 539 (Malenkai)

hoover 2300 has failed to return with a verdict, so it goes to the Praetor.

Clerk of the Courts
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 539 - February 16, 1998
Subject: Bandwidth Height
Initiator: Malenkai  (sent February 15, 1998, 7:40 p.m.)
First Judge: hoover 2300  (deadbeat)
Second Judge: Malenkai
Judgement:

Statement:

The height of the Tower of Bandwidth is between 131 and 132 feet.

Reasoning:

<none>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:37:21 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 528 (Malenkai)

> Some Judgements may not be overturned within 14 days of it being
issued.

I note once again that this is trivially TRUE in that it's perfectly
conceivable for a CFJ not to have a verdict decided on within fourteen
days of its issue, and if there's no verdict then it certainly can't be
overturned.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:40:37 -0500 (EST)
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ oops!

Shoot!  I forgot that Malenkai can't judge that CFJ, since he was the one
who submitted it.  

Anyone know off the top of their head who gets it now?

I can go look in a bit, if not.

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:12:22 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: tomato hearing  (was Proposal 2724 accepted)

Rule 2724 (I think) requires that I call a hearing on tomatos....

so, I do.  Reply to vote; voting lasts 3 Ackan buissnes days, which is 4
real world days, because of mr cwm day. 

 The valid responses for this Hearing are "A Tomato is a Fruit," "A Tomato
 is a Vegetable," and "A Tomato is a Sinister, but Edible, Alien Entity
 which is Responsible for the Rejection of Harfy Proposals."

rufus,
count tabula

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:23:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2726 accepted

And more to come....

> Proposal 2726 - Tue 17 Feb 1998 04:02 EST
> The Hills Are Alive
> Slagothor (Eric Plumb)
> 
> {{ [ Warning Contains: Ackanomic Sound System ] }}
> 
> {{ Add "Artist: Van Morrison" to the Literature List. }}
> 
> Create a Rule with a unique number X in the 900's entitled "Ackanomic Sound
> System Rule Suite" with the following BODLY-delimited text:

(Why was this done?) I believe this requires the OiCoRT to determine
the rule number. If Veal Fan would do me the favor....

breadbox
frustrated Rule-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:45:37 -0500 (EST)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2726 accepted

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Brian Raiter wrote:

> (Why was this done?) I believe this requires the OiCoRT to determine
> the rule number. If Veal Fan would do me the favor....

Sorry, I figured you, as Rule-Harfer, would be able to choose a number in
your omnipotence, but was, I suppose, mistaken.  I'll specify the number
next time.

- -Hubert

Windows 95: another fine product of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation... 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:44:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Gumphbyll

Today is Wednesday, the 25th day of February, 1998, and I am chewing the
Gumball.  This week's special Gumball wrapper is the "South Park Coming to
the UK" wrapper - they're not coming for a month but that's how long it is
going to take to suck the whole Gumball away.

I am chewing the Gumball.  Mmmmhmmm, that tastes good.
I note that it is the fourth Wednesday in the month.

Yours,
Slakko
President "Gumball"

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:04:46 -0500 (EST)
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Bye bye finally

I resign from all my offices.
I leave all orgs which I am a member.
I gift all my cash to /dev/joe.

Hopefully this will be sufficient this time.

In any case, if not, please find a way to
remove me from the game without bringing me
back :)

Good luck at reforming the supreme court.
This game REALLY needs that :)

I leave acka.  Good luck to all of you :-)

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:45:25 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Decomposition

AZTEC GOD's undead has now decomposed.

- --
- --Veal Fan(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Firesign Theatre:Everything You Know Is Wrong!
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
Support your local medical examiner: die strangely.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:45:25 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ oops!

> Shoot!  I forgot that Malenkai can't judge that CFJ, since he was the one
> who submitted it.  

> Anyone know off the top of their head who gets it now?

It just gets reassigned randomly, by Rule 425 section III.

- --
- --Veal Fan(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Firesign Theatre:Everything You Know Is Wrong!
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
"He had six days, of course.  We only have six hours."

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:45:41 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 528 (Malenkai)

> Clerk of the Courts
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Call For Judgement 528 - February 2, 1998
> Subject: Judgment Overturn
> Initiator: Slakko
> Judge: rufus  (deadbeat)
> Second Judge: Alfvaen (deadbeat)

Okay, so _now_ I take myself off the CFJ Ineligibility List.

- --
- --Veal Fan(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Firesign Theatre:Everything You Know Is Wrong!
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
Passionate kisses, like a spider's web, can lead to a fly's undoing.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:45:44 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2726 accepted

> > Create a Rule with a unique number X in the 900's entitled "Ackanomic Sound
> > System Rule Suite" with the following BODLY-delimited text:

> (Why was this done?) I believe this requires the OiCoRT to determine
> the rule number. If Veal Fan would do me the favor....

Using my own dice, I come up with 950, which is a propitious number for
a Rule Suite anyway.

- --
- --Veal Fan(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Firesign Theatre:Everything You Know Is Wrong!
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
drat, there's a tear in my eye, how will I mend it?  --cdick

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:45:48 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Holiday Reminder

> A reminder to everyone: February 27th is mr cwm's Day.
> So Friday is an Ackanomic holiday, and hence does not count for the
> purposes of determining periods of time.

As far as I know, we have never played this way, and I've often wanted
to change the wording of the Hall of Elders rule to avoid this.  If
Elders' Holidays were treated as Holidays, then this would be a great
nuisance to the game, and it should be fixed.

- --
- --Veal Fan(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Firesign Theatre:Everything You Know Is Wrong!
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
Dumpy kibitzer jingles as exchequer overflows.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:48:12 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: B-Ack Random Determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Player: The Gingham Wearer
# Date: February 25, 1998
# The abovementioned player is in the Wilds and posted a public message.
# There is a 40% chance at the B-Ack is on the trail of whoever it
# is, i.e. a value of 1 through 40.
# Veal Fan

No. of sides on every die:    100
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

     93

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Wed Feb 25 16:47:56 1998
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id QAA07402 for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:47:56 -0800
> Received: from edtntnt2-port-212.agt.net(209.115.133.212) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma007396; Wed Feb 25 16:47:49 1998
> Received: (from alfvaen@localhost) by concordia.telusplanet.net (8.7.6/8.7.3) id RAA00818 for [email-masked]; Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:49:03 -0700
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: B-Ack
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:49:02 -0700 (MST)
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
> Content-Type: text
> 
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 100
> #D 1
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: B-Ack Random Determination
> 
> #C Player: The Gingham Wearer
> #C Date: February 25, 1998
> #C
> #C The abovementioned player is in the Wilds and posted a public message.
> #C
> #C There is a 40% chance at the B-Ack is on the trail of whoever it
> #C is, i.e. a value of 1 through 40.
> #C Veal Fan

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBNPS7wj8NitsTFjcVAQG04AP/d2jvc9NVtorhzJww2PGrdrjviRgY0IZ0
XQ7wcdiXUiRQ+GiyDBUWee3CgpkHPvL9a0iiAQt10i8qyxNCcrR9cEoPZrLdBGSz
Y9v1jGA2w3vwCaj/SU8JJ163KRrpiQiDQvzvIXNiqHraZyTUoolabUTbbiyHMUTg
sQQQR8dxJHQ=
=h5Hw
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:00:45 -0500 (EST)
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: re acka malenkai once known as i" i am lake n"

I resign from all my offices.
I leave all orgs which I am a member.
I gift all my cash to /dev/joe.

Hopefully this will be sufficient this time.

In any case, if not, please find a way to
remove me from the game without bringing me
back :)

Good luck at reforming the supreme court.
This game REALLY needs that :)

I leave acka.  Good luck to all of you :-)

Malenkai

i nominate malenkai for the highest possible , ranking a retiring player
can have, if not possible i wish to nominate him as 'e really leaves for
the "Hall of Elders", thanks for the mentoring malenkai.
- - heartfelt,
karma

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:10:42 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: re acka malenkai once known as i" i am lake n"

Karma wrote:
> i nominate malenkai for the highest possible , ranking a retiring player
> can have, if not possible i wish to nominate him as 'e really leaves for
> the "Hall of Elders", thanks for the mentoring malenkai.

I also nominate Malenkai for the hall of elders, or second the nomination,
or whatever we do here.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:27:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: re acka malenkai once known as i" i am lake n"

> Karma wrote:
> > i nominate malenkai for the highest possible , ranking a retiring player
> > can have, if not possible i wish to nominate him as 'e really leaves for
> > the "Hall of Elders", thanks for the mentoring malenkai.
> 
> I also nominate Malenkai for the hall of elders, or second the nomination,
> or whatever we do here.

Malenkai is already an Elder, from when he left last time.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:30:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Holiday Reminder

>> A reminder to everyone: February 27th is mr cwm's Day.
>> So Friday is an Ackanomic holiday, and hence does not count for the
>> purposes of determining periods of time.
> 
> As far as I know, we have never played this way, and I've often wanted
> to change the wording of the Hall of Elders rule to avoid this.  If
> Elders' Holidays were treated as Holidays, then this would be a great
> nuisance to the game, and it should be fixed.

Veal Fan is correct - an "Ackanomic Holiday" is not the same as a
Holiday declared by the President, and it would indeed be a great
nuisance if they were treated as such.

And yeah, the wording should probably be changed.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:42:32 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: re acka malenkai once known as i" i am lake n"

> i nominate malenkai for the highest possible , ranking a retiring player
> can have, if not possible i wish to nominate him as 'e really leaves for
> the "Hall of Elders", thanks for the mentoring malenkai.
> - heartfelt,
> karma

Well, e does have the unique ranking of Speaker Emeritus, so all we need
to do now is declare that the highest possible ranking a retiring player
can have.

- --
- --Veal Fan(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Les Rita Mitsouko:The No Comprendo
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
Does this tagline remind you of Agatha Christie?

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:43:53 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Praetor

I am appointing Calvin N Hobbes to be Acting Praetor, this time unless
e _actively_ refuses.  :-)  (I don't want to get stuck on the Supreme
Court any more.)

By the way, is anyone working on the Revamping The Appeal Proposal?  If
not, I'll see what I can work up.  (If so, I can help proofread or
something...)

- --
- --Veal Fan(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Les Rita Mitsouko:The No Comprendo
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
I become a public health hazard after 44 hours of sleep deprivation.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:45:10 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Though I Still Like Veal

In honour of Malenkai's departure, I am changing my name back to Alfvaen.
As Registrar, I ack this.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Les Rita Mitsouko:The No Comprendo
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
There is no safe seat at the feast.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:48:14 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Soundtrack

And inside, the jukebox roars just like thunder.
I wish to play "Your Latest Trick" by Dire Straits.
I place A$5 into the banna-shaped slot in the control panel.

(What shape are bannas, anyway?)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Les Rita Mitsouko:The No Comprendo
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
"And Ostos?"  "Not nearly as attractive."

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:49:30 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Stripe

In honour of eir 70th accepted Proposal, I am awarding Guy Fawkes a
Silver Stripe, feeling somehow inadequate as I do so.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Les Rita Mitsouko:The No Comprendo
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
Don't be scared; it's only dark.  Soon we'll hear a meadowlark.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:28:21 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Soundtrack

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> And inside, the jukebox roars just like thunder.
> I wish to play "Your Latest Trick" by Dire Straits.
Nice choice in songs.  Of course, you would pick a song I can never
remember all of the words to, and so am doomed to have it stuck in my head
until listen to 15 times.   And it clashes with "My Evil Twin" the current
song stuck in my head.  

 > 
> (What shape are bannas, anyway?)
 Blasphemy!

If you were truly enlightened, you would know the true nature of banna

rufus
Founder of the Church of banna.  

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V3 #39
******************************