Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #502
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Saturday, January 31 1998      Volume 02 : Number 502

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 23:23:53 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Raft

Rex Mundi has found(or, perhaps, will find at noon)the Great Raft of
Ackanomic.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Emerald Web:Manatee Dreams of Neptune
Current Book--Tanya Huff:Gate of Darkness, Circle of Light
Gentlebeings, start your ectoplasm!

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 01:39:48 -0800
From: Joshua Herreshoff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: New Player 

Other people are welcome to join the Razor Boomerangs you know, just as
long as they promise to vote the way I want on proposals I really care
about,
and I know where they live in the real world, so I can hunt them down if
theydon't.  ; )  We're not cliquish.  Honestly we aren't.  Slagothor and I
can duelamongst ourselves to prove that if you want.  Come on Slagothor,
insult me.

> We have another new player in Ackanomic.  Eir name is Jason Chubb, eir
> email address is [email-masked], and the Ackanomic name e has chosen
> is Hachiman.  E has also chosen to start out as a non-voting player,
> just until e gets into the swing of things.  Apparently e is also a
> friend of Goldenmean's, so e may be destined for the Razor Boomerangs.
> :-)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 01:45:02 -0800
From: Joshua Herreshoff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: new Player

Yep, me too.  Welcome aboard Hach, try to be a little more active in Acka
than I am.  I promise I'll write a proposal one of these days.

Rico wrote:

> I hereby invite Hachiman to join the Razor Boomerangs.  I approve of eir
> admission should e accept.
>
> -rico
>
> If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 13:25:00 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: new Player

> Yep, me too.  Welcome aboard Hach, try to be a little more active in Acka
> than I am.  I promise I'll write a proposal one of these days.
> 
> Rico wrote:
> 
> > I hereby invite Hachiman to join the Razor Boomerangs.  I approve of
eir
> > admission should e accept.

Wouldn't these count as perspective actions? 'Cause we all know they aren't
allowed don't we? Or would it just count as the entire party issuing an
open invitation to one player? And how long would it last if e didn't take
it up immediately?

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 13:55:07 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Raft

> Rex Mundi has found(or, perhaps, will find at noon)the Great Raft of
> Ackanomic.

How about a rafting trip now? As I said, I really want to try to be one of
the first team to give it a go. Rex Mundi has the raft, Fortunato has the
oars IIRC. How about it?

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 11:07:00 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Raft

>How about a rafting trip now? As I said, I really want to try to be one of
>the first team to give it a go. Rex Mundi has the raft, Fortunato has the
>oars IIRC. How about it?
	I'll go

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 19:06:02 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The Infrequent Ackan Volume 1 Issue 8

Volume 1, Issue 8
January 31, 1998
In this issue:
1. Editorial
2. Poll Question #1
3. More Ackanomic News
4. Special Report: The Caped Crusader's Guide to Crime
5. Sub-Game Safari
6. Advertisement
 
Editorial
As usual, it has been a cracker of a time in Ackanomic since the last
issue of The Infrequent Ackan hit the newstands in downtown Acka.  There's
one win attempt currently under review, and rumours of another attempt on
the horizon.  For now, though, the CFJ-related thread splits are fairly
simple to deal with in most aspects.  The main question is still whether
Malenkai was unable to leave the game.  The main factor this would affect
is Malenkai's bank balance, because, thanks to some sharp work from Vynd,
and help from beyond the grave in the form of Guy Fawkes, it was spotted
that Malenkai would have left his offices regardless.
The philosophical debate for this week is: Should Acka do something to
speed up the resolution of thread splits?  A drastic solution was proposed
and quickly hounded into oblivion when its numerous flaws were pointed
out.  The current system, though, is not without its flaws too.  The
Editorial Staff here would hate to see the current system treated as a
sacred cow, when it is patently clear that some justice takes ages to be
meted out.  Thought is essential, but is a wait of over a month really
necessary?
This also forms the first 

Poll Question
for the Infrequent Ackan's new section.
Yes, The Infrequent Ackan is now running the "Archive of Unofficial
Polls".  The first question this week is:  What, if anything, do you think
should be done to change the current system of judgements, appeals and
Supreme Court decisions?
To vote, please reply direct to the editor of the paper at
[email-masked].  One entry from those received will be chosen at random
to receive a handsome Trinket as a prize.  (Guaranteed market value A$5).

More Ackanomic News
The Ackanomic duels continue, with the third in the old v young series
drawing to a close.  It appears that the decision this time will be in
favour of the old guard, with /dev/joe handing out a complete and utter
shellacking to young Slakko.  Slakko was heard to say "/dev/joe just has
too much experience - but how come he can't do any better on the main
Virus board?"
The Fat Lady was heard (supposedly) again this week, although The Gingham
Wearer assured Ackans that it was just a mass hallucination caused by too
much heavy frinking.  He didn't hear a word, at least not on January 27th.
Crackfoo agreed, in a rare display of visibility.  This visibility is
becoming increasingly apparent of late.  No less than three members of
They Might Be Slumbering Giants have posted public messages in the last
fortnight, leading to concerns that the ancient prophecy might come true.
As all Ackans know, the Slumbering Giants stay slumbering for a reason.
The combined intellect of all giants is such that, should they ever be
visibly active all at the same time, their combined brainpower would
simply blast Acka out of its position in the universe, smashing it into
Kansas in a pyrotechnic display reminiscent of a thousand Books of Chorg.
We at the Ackan are fervently praying that this prophecy will remain
unresolved for now.

Special Report: The Caped Crusader's Guide to Crime
By else...if, The Fearless Alibi Possessor
In order to aid the peole of Ackanomic in avoiding crime, I have prepared
this list of crimes:
Repetition: Making a proposal while an identical one also proposed by you
is still in the voting queue.
Disinterest: Being an active player but not subscribing to the official
mailing list.
Apathy: Being an active player but not subscribing to the offical voting
list.
Breach of Contract: Making a game action (or failing to) which violates a
contract you have signed.
Blatant Disregard: Breaking the rules.
Illegal Action: To perform an action declared illegal by the rules.
Attempting the Impossible: Attempting to perform an illegal action, even
if it fails.
Non-Performance: Being an officer and not performing your duties.
Malpractice: Performing your duties improperly.
Zuriti'ili: This is an ill-defined crime, but the following guidelines are
known: If it involves a prime number of entities, it's not a Zuriti'ili.
It may only be commited by the speaker if the speaker has publicly
announced the number of tiem Zuriti'ili has been commited in the past,
along with their date and time.  There is also another, rather obscure
limitation on the speaker committing Zuriti'ili, which is not common or
important enough to mention here.  Suffice to say it hasn't been met. No
one who is not a member of an organization may commit Zuriti'ili. The
Ackaphysicist has committed, or will commit, Zuriti'ili at least once.
Annoying: Exploiting Malenkai's Loophole.
[Unnamed crime, proposal is in queue to name it Abbomination]: Suffering a
concussion from failed rafting and not beginning a message with Moo and
ending it with Quack, Quack?
Acting like a Realtor: Giving an illegal description for a house.
Media Baroncy: Owning more than three newspapers.
Lying in Print: Refusing to retract a false statement printed in a
newspaper.
Misappropriation of Campaign Funds: For the President not to put a trinket
given to him for the purpose of putting in the Cabinet in the Cabinet.
Branch Stacking: Being a member of more than one political party.
Iconoclasm: Violating the church policy of a church you are a member of.
Game Misconduct: Deliberately interfering with a subgame.

Sub Game Safari
Viruses
Round 9 of Viruses is complete, and The Gingham Wearer is streaking away
on 4 points.  Slakko remains the closest challenger on a Viruspoint basis,
but at the moment appears to be lagging behind in cells.  At this stage,
with such a significant leader (and a huge lead on cells), the games staff
here at the Ackan are wondering whether it is time to see some strategic
behaviour.  Meanwhile, at the bottom end of the table, some players are
likely to drop out in the near future as their Viri come ever closer to
dying out.
Fictionary
Fictionary is exactly halfway through its first cycle, with 4 rounds being
complete.  Brainiacs are having moderate success picking obscure and
unidentifiable words.  Slakko, The Gingham Wearer and Alfvaen all took the
2 points bonus, with only Vynd (who also had Slakko correctly define his
Ing word) failing to pick up the bonus.  Despite this apparently even
competition, though, Alfvaen is running away with a huge lead - being 4
points ahead of Slakko.
Mediocrity
Eight rounds into this game, and two players are on potentially mediocre
scores. else...if's skill saw him streak to 2 points, outright leader, but
this is not always a desirable position.  Meanwhile rufus sits patiently
on 0, still awaiting eir first success.  With the rest of the players on a
not-at-all mediocre 1 point, and a minimum of 8 more rounds to play, this
game is hotting up.

Advertisement
The Infrequent Ackan is still looking for interviews. If you've held an
office in Ackanomic for more than 2 months, then contact us for interview
information. The Infrequent Ackan - making your Acka a more interesting
place.

The Infrequent Ackan, first to you with Ackan news.
Copyright  Duncan Richer writing under the pseudonym of "Slakko", and
Henry Townser as "else...if", 31/1/98.
Check us out on the web, at
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/Acka/infrequent.html 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 19:06:11 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: The Rex Times, vol. 12, no. 14

Still Buried

Despite an otherwise eventful month in Ackanomic, the Flora Amanita remains
unfound.

Funny Foreheads

This month saw the launch of a new political party in Ackanomic. The Klingon
party promised "To make Ackanomic enjoyable for everyone" and "To be
honourable in all dealings".
The party attracted support from members of the rebellion, as well as from
former members of SPAM. Referring to the SPAM's fanatical devotion to
getting rid of Rule 1, The Gingham Wearer, founder of Klingon, said
"This was one of my reasons for leaving SPAM. I started to feel that people
were getting nasty about it."

Rule 1 repealed

After some fairly long period of time (which The Rex Times couldn't be
bothered to look up) and many unsuccessful attempts, Rule 1 was finally
repealed, by a proposal which changed the name of Vulcan to "Rule 1 is
repealed. #1".

The following back issues are now available:
vol. 5, no. 6
vol. 3, no. 5
vol. 14, no. 22
vol. 18, no. 8
vol. 25, no. 4
vol. 10, no. 5
vol. 7, no. 20
vol. 20, no. 16
vol. 9, no. 18
vol. 8, no. 21
vol. 12, no. 14
If you have a request for a particular issue not shown above, please feel
free to ask.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 14:37:55 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Caped Crusader Collectibles

	I create a trinket worth A$5 called "The Caped Crusader Collectible
Lunchbox-Sinful Vacationer Edition" with this description "This shows a
picture of the Caped Crusader in full costume attacking what appears to be
a criminal who accidentally came back from vacation too soon.  On the back
it says 'The Caped Crusader Collectible Lunchbox-Sinful Vacationer Edition.
Collect all four.'"

	I create a trinket worth A$5 called "The Caped Crusader Collectible
Lunchbox-Lexical Equivalence Edition" with this description "This shows a
picture of the Caped Crusader in full costume breaking the arm of a
criminal who exploited Malenkai's Loophole.  On the back it says 'The Caped
Crusader Collectible Lunchbox-Lexical Equivelance Edition.  Collect all
four.'"

	I create a trinket worth A$5 called "The Caped Crusader Collectible
Lunchbox-Dereliction of Duty Edition" with this description "This shows a
picture of the Caped Crusader in full costume attacking himself.  On the
back it says 'The Caped Crusader Collectible Lunchbox-Dereliction of Duty
Edition.  Collect all four.'"

	I create a trinket worth A$5 called "The Caped Crusader Collectible
Lunchbox-Just Because He Can Edition" with this description "This shows a
picture of the Caped Crusader randomly running over pedestrians in the
Alias Mobile.  On the back it says 'The Caped Crusader Collectible
Lunchbox-Just Because He Can Edition.  Collect all four.'"

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 14:09:04 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: The Rex Times, vol. 12, no. 14

> Rule 1 repealed
> 
> After some fairly long period of time (which The Rex Times couldn't be
> bothered to look up) and many unsuccessful attempts, Rule 1 was finally
> repealed, by a proposal which changed the name of Vulcan to "Rule 1 is
> repealed. #1".

In the thread where Rule 1 was not repealed, I ask the Rex Times to
retract this blatantly false statement.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 10:55:28 -1000
From: Rico <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Raft

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Towsner wrote:

> >How about a rafting trip now? As I said, I really want to try to be one of
> >the first team to give it a go. Rex Mundi has the raft, Fortunato has the
> >oars IIRC. How about it?
> 	I'll go

Although there are already four people signed up, I'd like to be put on
the waiting list.  That is, if either else...if or TGW suddenly kick off
or go to Gaol or something, I'd like to go.

- -rico

Murphy's Law: If you have an open-book exam, you will forget your book. 
Corollary: If you are given a take-home test, you will forget where you 
live. 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 10:59:42 -1000
From: Rico <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: new Player

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, The Gingham Wearer wrote:

> Wouldn't these count as perspective actions? 'Cause we all know they aren't
> allowed don't we?

Not allowed why?  Because e's non-voting?  Last I checked Rule 1003, it
said "Any player may request membership in an Organization."  (Unless
you've been changing the rules on me again... :-))

True, e didn't request it, but if that's what you're worried about, we'll
hav em do so.  OK, Hachiman, go ahead and request.  I have already stated
that I approve of his admission, so has Goldenmean.

> Or would it just count as the entire party issuing an
> open invitation to one player? And how long would it last if e didn't take
> it up immediately?

Until we denounce it, I guess.  Bill TPK still has to approve, if it has
to be unanimous (i.e. our charter is useless)

- -rico

Murphy's Law: If you have an open-book exam, you will forget your book. 
Corollary: If you are given a take-home test, you will forget where you 
live. 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 12:07:17 -1000
From: Rico <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: New Player 

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, Joshua Herreshoff wrote:

> Other people are welcome to join the Razor Boomerangs you know, just as
> long as they promise to vote the way I want on proposals I really care
> about,

Of course.  We have one of the best clubs known to Ackakind in my opinion,
although as far as I know only Goldenmean, Bill and I (and possibly
Hachiman) get the Razor Boomerang reference.

> and I know where they live in the real world, so I can hunt them down if
> theydon't.  ; )  We're not cliquish.  Honestly we aren't.  Slagothor and I
> can duelamongst ourselves to prove that if you want.  Come on Slagothor,
> insult me.

Why should I deign to insult a pompous and obviously clueless newbie such
as yourself who had the temerity to convict the awesomely wise and
knowledgeable Slakko of being Annoying?  You're not even worth my spit.

- -rico

"Mommy, what's a vampire?"
"Shut up and eat your soup before it clots!"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 22:32:57 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: new Player

> > Wouldn't these count as perspective actions? 'Cause we all know they
aren't
> > allowed don't we?
> 
> Not allowed why?  Because e's non-voting?  Last I checked Rule 1003, it
> said "Any player may request membership in an Organization."  (Unless
> you've been changing the rules on me again... :-))
> 
> True, e didn't request it, but if that's what you're worried about, we'll
> hav em do so.  OK, Hachiman, go ahead and request.  I have already stated
> that I approve of his admission, so has Goldenmean.

You're not allowed to make perspective actions, i.e. actions to take place
sometime in the future. What was originally stated was:

"I hereby invite Hachiman to join the Razor Boomerangs.  I approve of eir
admission should e accept."

By saying should e accept, I believe you make this to be an un-doable
action. The reason for banning perspective actions is that it could make
matters hell for the harfers. Imagine the following perspective action:

If it is ever the case that it is a date when the gumball can be chewed, it
is 9:00am GMT, there is a proposal in the voting queue written by me with a
number ending in the digits 57, the machine that goes *ping* has not gone
*ping* for exactly three days and there are exactly thirty-nine unfound
treasures then I donate A$7 to Malenkai, should such a player exist,
otherwise I give A$5 to all current Ackanomic players.

Would you like to try keeping track of that? Admittedly it is unlikely
anyone would write anything so ludicrous but it is possible, and even minor
perspective actions would be hell to harf.

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 22:42:04 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: new Player

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, The Gingham Wearer wrote:

> > > Wouldn't these count as perspective actions? 'Cause we all know they
> aren't
> > > allowed don't we?
> > 
> > Not allowed why?  Because e's non-voting?  Last I checked Rule 1003, it
> > said "Any player may request membership in an Organization."  (Unless
> > you've been changing the rules on me again... :-))
> > 
> > True, e didn't request it, but if that's what you're worried about, we'll
> > hav em do so.  OK, Hachiman, go ahead and request.  I have already stated
> > that I approve of his admission, so has Goldenmean.

> 
> You're not allowed to make perspective actions, i.e. actions to take place
> sometime in the future. What was originally stated was:

First, the term is not perspective actions, it is _prospective_ actions.

Secondly, they are not banned.
Ambiguous actions are banned. In other words, unless you do enough to say
exactly when something is going to happen, and what is going to happen,
and that these are determinable at the time you make the statement, then
the event will not happen.

This has been put into game custom as the interpretation of the relevant
rule, as the result of a CFJ into whether or not I could prospectively
retract a CFJ before the CotC had distributed it.  Because there was no
guarantee that the CFJ would ever be issued by the CotC, there was no
fixed time at which my event would happen, nor even necessarily the
possibility that it would happen.  Hence my prospectivity attempt failed.

> By saying should e accept, I believe you make this to be an un-doable
> action. The reason for banning perspective actions is that it could make
> matters hell for the harfers. Imagine the following perspective action:
> 
> If it is ever the case that it is a date when the gumball can be chewed, it
> is 9:00am GMT, there is a proposal in the voting queue written by me with a
> number ending in the digits 57, the machine that goes *ping* has not gone
> *ping* for exactly three days and there are exactly thirty-nine unfound
> treasures then I donate A$7 to Malenkai, should such a player exist,
> otherwise I give A$5 to all current Ackanomic players.

This above action would fail.

However, the _hypothetical_ action "At 12 midnight tonight I give A$100 to
Goldenmean" would be, IMHO, perfectly valid.  It is just that I am not
going to perform that action.

My A$.02, your access fee,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Acka - RuneMaker, Chess-Umpire, Map-Harfer, Senator, Wearing Agenda Hat

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 12:42:54 -1000
From: Rico <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: new Player

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, The Gingham Wearer wrote:

> You're not allowed to make perspective actions, i.e. actions to take place
> sometime in the future. What was originally stated was:
> 
> Would you like to try keeping track of that? Admittedly it is unlikely
> anyone would write anything so ludicrous but it is possible, and even minor
> perspective actions would be hell to harf.

Ah, I gotcha.  So, I approve of the admission of Hachiman to the Razor
Boomerangs.  (I don't care if e hasn't requested it yet. :-))

And thanks for the clarification.

- -rico

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface. 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 09:23:15 -1100
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Machine

> > >IF AND ONLY IF today is wednesday, friday, or Crackfoo's birthday, THEN the
> > >machine that goes *ping*, shall go *ping*.
>

I had thought of this, hoewevr, I dismissed it due to the missing '

> The problem with this Truth is that, according to the Rules, it must consist
> of words that are in the official dictionary of Ackanomic or in the Rules.
> "Crackfoo" is not in the Rules.  (I'm not even sure if "Alfvaen" is in the
> Rules, as opposed to being just in the Ancillary information, although I'm
> quite sure that "Malenkai" is...:-)  Also, "Crackfoo's" should have become
> "********'*" instead of "*********".
>
> However, considering that Balsamic Dragon managed to guess it anyway,
> and quite quickly too, I think that obviously this didn't jeopardize the
> game too strongly.  Congratulations to Balsamic Dragon, the new Scholar
> of *ping*.  Now I'll see if I can figure out the Dice Server script for
> Boons of the Ancients...

Congrats BD :)

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 09:27:27 -1100
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Promoterness

Oh Oh, I take it my proposals in Q are safe?, but the any I submit until 1
have <3 r dead in the water?

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 09:43:46 -1100
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2629 accepted

To celebrate the first proposal of mine to be accepted I create the
following trinkets, regardless of the current thread :

I create a trinket called "the town hall steps" worth A$10
They fit snugly up against the town hall allowing easy entry to the
building. (the door of which is some 2m of the ground).

I create a trinket called "naked" worth A$10
It is a half life-size wooden puppet. By means of several pieces of
rope, a
couple of planks and a corkscrew this puppet may be made to dance on
just
about any surface. In fine print: Batteries not included. In really fine
print: May explode if brought into contact with any form of step.

I dance naked on the town hall steps.

:)
Not my hat,
Doesn't exist anymore anyway..
Just did it for fun :-)

> > Proposal 2629 - Fri 23 Jan 1998 02:49 EST
> > Evil
> > K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 09:56:07 -1100
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Harfmeister

Oh, Harfmeister, for-a-day wow :)
Use it or lose it ( prolly and in this case :)

Proposal 2645 is Harfy

Too bad Stoned isn't a prop yet, Its certainly a harfy RFC :)

Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> Due to the passage of Proposal 2629, K 2 is now Harfmeister.  However,
> since 2633 and 2635 are also both Harfy, we'll see how long that lasts...
> :-)
>
> --
> --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
> Song In My Head--Chris De Burgh:Old-Fashioned People
> Current Book--Gregory Benford:Timescape
> Thou hast besquirted me, oh leotarded one!  The maiden be thine.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 23:08:42 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Promoterness

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, K 2 wrote:

> Oh Oh, I take it my proposals in Q are safe?, but the any I submit until 1
> have <3 r dead in the water?

Only if breadbox says so - he's allowed to let them through if he wants.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Acka - RuneMaker, Chess-Umpire, Map-Harfer, Senator, Wearing Agenda Hat

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 23:08:18 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2629 accepted

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, K 2 wrote:

> I create a trinket called "the town hall steps" worth A$10
> They fit snugly up against the town hall allowing easy entry to the
> building. (the door of which is some 2m of the ground).
> 
> I create a trinket called "naked" worth A$10
> It is a half life-size wooden puppet. By means of several pieces of
> rope, a
> couple of planks and a corkscrew this puppet may be made to dance on
> just
> about any surface. In fine print: Batteries not included. In really fine
> print: May explode if brought into contact with any form of step.
> 
> I dance naked on the town hall steps.

This is clearly an attempt to change the meaning of the ... er ...
 nonexistent Agenda Hat.

K 2 is clearly being retroactively Annoying!
I demand justice!  I demand ...  revenge!  I demand ... the chance to do
something mean and nasty!  Yeah, that's it, mean and nasty.  I could
anti-vote on a proposal ... naaah ... not mean enough ...  I've got it.

I jump up and down.... and then I take all the little bits, and I will
jump on them!

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "feeling much better now, thank you" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Acka - RuneMaker, Chess-Umpire, Map-Harfer, Senator, Wearing Agenda Hat

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 10:27:17 -1100
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Historian

I am creating a trinket called 'A Pat on The Back' it is worth A$25
having the description:
"It is a firm application of the hand to the recipients posterior
surface, displaced laterally from the mid line, between T1 and T7.
Delivered in recognition of a job well done, it causes a mild euphoria
in the recipient. It is also useful, if the recipient is choking on
food."

Arriving at the official web page (via a totally unrelated search and
Suber's page), it was only natural to check-out the history of
Ackanomic....
By the time I had reached AOJ101/CFJ153, I had committed myself to
joining... the rest is history:)

With the recent release of Part II and the work performed during the
birthday celebrations, I feel it is time to evoke my privilege under
rule 420.

I am giving breadbox a pat on the back

K2 :)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 20:34:55 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Redecorating

My house has finally been repared. I'm quite sure that this one has no bugs
planted in it. I have not, in fact, seen the plans, so I'll describe it as
I go through.  This is its description:
"else...if's home begins with a huge double doorway.  A huge stairway goes
up to the wall halfway between the first and second floors.  There's
nothing else on the first floor, and in order to get to the second, you
need to go outside, around the back, and up to the third floor.  The third
floor contains an obvious secret passage to else...if's secret room, where
he keeps his enemy book.  The second floor contains else...if's bed room.
A chandelier hangs down to half a cat's height above the bed, obstructing
the television."

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 21:25:24 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Retraction

I retract proposal 2677

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 19:21:09 -0800
From: aaron shapiro <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: new Player

I suppose if it has to be unanimous then I may as well approve before
Goldenmean comes to my house and hurts me.  Although he hasn't visited 
lateyly.....

- ----------
From:  Rico
Sent:  Saturday, January 31, 1998 1:00 PM
To:  [email-masked]
Subject:  Re: Acka: new Player

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, The Gingham Wearer wrote:

> Wouldn't these count as perspective actions? 'Cause we all know they aren't
> allowed don't we?

Not allowed why?  Because e's non-voting?  Last I checked Rule 1003, it
said "Any player may request membership in an Organization."  (Unless
you've been changing the rules on me again... :-))

True, e didn't request it, but if that's what you're worried about, we'll
hav em do so.  OK, Hachiman, go ahead and request.  I have already stated
that I approve of his admission, so has Goldenmean.

> Or would it just count as the entire party issuing an
> open invitation to one player? And how long would it last if e didn't take
> it up immediately?

Until we denounce it, I guess.  Bill TPK still has to approve, if it has
to be unanimous (i.e. our charter is useless)

- -rico

Murphy's Law: If you have an open-book exam, you will forget your book. 
Corollary: If you are given a take-home test, you will forget where you 
live. 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 03:37:40 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: The Rex Times, vol. 12, no. 14

>In the thread where Rule 1 was not repealed, I ask the Rex Times to
>retract this blatantly false statement.
>
>/dev/joe
>

In the thread where Rule 1 was not repealed, I retract the statement in
question.

Rex Mundi, Editor of The Rex Times.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 03:41:48 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Raft

>How about a rafting trip now? As I said, I really want to try to be one of
>the first team to give it a go. Rex Mundi has the raft, Fortunato has the
>oars IIRC. How about it?
>
I'll go.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #502
*******************************