Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #484
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Saturday, January 24 1998      Volume 02 : Number 484

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 23:26:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Days Past

>> And finally, Malenkai created the trinket "rules of Ackanomic" (with
>> the description "it is green"), over which Rex Mundi called an Ad Hoc
>> Committee to determine the trinket's inanity.
>> ________________
> 
> Er. I called that committee.
> 
> Didn't I?

Yes, you did. Sorry. Running under a deadline and I got momentarily
confused with the last CPPIA, which was called on Rex Mundi's trinket
... actually, this explanation makes the whole mistake sound even
stupider. Let's just say that it was a long day, and I was tired.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 23:24:55 -0800
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

Towsner wrote:
[*SNIP*]
> >> Provided two
> >> players agree to it, they will become Valaraukar's evil twin.
> >
> >This could be interesting also.
>         Anyone want to join me in becoming Valaraukar's evil twin?

I would like to do so, unless someone else already has and I missed it.

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 07:44:28 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, **Alexandre Muniz wrote:

> Towsner wrote:
> [*SNIP*]
> > >> Provided two
> > >> players agree to it, they will become Valaraukar's evil twin.
> > >
> > >This could be interesting also.
> >         Anyone want to join me in becoming Valaraukar's evil twin?
> 
> I would like to do so, unless someone else already has and I missed it.

Someone already has, but that doesn't stop another two people.

I hereby ask someone else to join me and become Valaraukar's evil twin.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 02:45:06 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, **Alexandre Muniz wrote:
> 
> > Towsner wrote:
> > [*SNIP*]
> > > >> Provided two
> > > >> players agree to it, they will become Valaraukar's evil twin.
> > > >
> > > >This could be interesting also.
> > >         Anyone want to join me in becoming Valaraukar's evil twin?
> > 
> > I would like to do so, unless someone else already has and I missed it.
> 
> Someone already has, but that doesn't stop another two people.
> 
> I hereby ask someone else to join me and become Valaraukar's evil twin.

Sure.  I will do this.  What do I have to do? 

rufus

> 
> -- 
> Duncan C. "" Richer aka
> Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
> Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
> Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 07:48:01 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, David Scheidt wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:
> 
> > I hereby ask someone else to join me and become Valaraukar's evil twin.
> 
> Sure.  I will do this.  What do I have to do? 

Just that.  That's enough.
Watch out, that makes 4 different players Valaraukar's evil twin.
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 23:50:33 -0800
From: Joshua Herreshoff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

I think slagothor and I are already Valraukar's evil twin, but it seems
by the wording that this isn't exclusive.  So everyone can be Valraukar's
evil twin if they want.

**Alexandre Muniz wrote:

> Towsner wrote:
> [*SNIP*]
> > >> Provided two
> > >> players agree to it, they will become Valaraukar's evil twin.
> > >
> > >This could be interesting also.
> >         Anyone want to join me in becoming Valaraukar's evil twin?
>
> I would like to do so, unless someone else already has and I missed it.
>
> **two-star

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 08:03:10 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Gavin M. Doig wrote:

> I suggest that the standard harfer fee give 1 A$ to Rex Mundi.

As a member of the standard harfer fee, I denounce this suggestion.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 00:03:58 -0800
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Parade

From a contented slumber, I am shaken to consciousness by an exuberant
youngster. He is shouting "You are the Guest of Honor! You are the Guest of
Honor!"

"Hey breadbox, it is you" says I. Slowly getting up from the couch -- ever
since an encounter with Mold and Scold went away, the bed has vanished --
and remember that it is Ackanomic's birthday. Humbled and probably turn
bright red, I can only utter "Thanks breadbox." Who knows, perhaps that
means the Monkey's off my back... And so I follow him out, wondering what it
will be like. A behold, wonder of wonders! The streets of Ackanomic are
bursting with youth and exhilaration!!

It is a colorful display of love and peace (although there is a rumor the
color orange is missing) and confetti are being showered on everyone and
everything. I join it as it passes by my house, cheering, tickled pink at
the sight of two nuts talking by a fireplace. You know it's going to be a
great parade when you see nuts in the streets.   : )

We pass by two neighboring houses, owned by giants of Acka, Malenkai's and
Wayne's. A few people start throwing twirling tapes at these house, and I
join in the fun. Passing next to the Hall of Elders, we see a number of
other giants protected forever there, waving to their heirs. As we then all
proceed past the Ackanomic Afterlife and toward the Senate, I wonder aloud
where the barman and drinks went! Fortunately, some party animal has brought
various liquids for player consumption. Hurray!

In front of the Senate, a brawl develops between "those stinkin' rebels!"
and "you evil overlords!" to the great amusement of the other players. There
are bets being taken by the underground Godfather, of course, but someone
points towards Cow Town and the parade makes it way there. A few thread
splitters try to split hairs, but everyone is best buddies, as the pleasant
crowd takes in the scenery and monuments. Music is being pumped out, a cool
trombone singing above the rest.

Some players have started showing their special tricks. Malenkai has gotten
out a surfboard and is showing intrigued observers how to surf. Our
president Alfvaen shows everyone how to pull ropes. Even the elusive Phoebe
makes an appearance to perform her amazing disappearing act for everyone!

The party goes on into the night and the crowd gathers together, as stories
of old are told and great visions of the future shared. The boisterous
chants of the day are replaced by the delicate murmurs of the night. Candles
are lit and laughter sprinkled. The deep ties of brotherhood created and
reaffirmed between evil twins. No one wants to be the first to leave, yet as
morning breaks, small groups are headed away, arms over shoulders. What a
parade!

With a wonderfully healthy feeling of contented exhaustion, I drag my feet
home. Passing by the Ackanomic Afterlife, I spot the talented owner of the
Great Trombone, The Gingham Wearer, who is searching for his trombone in the
knee high piles of confetti. And as I enter my garden, a happy tune can be
heard, from a found-again Trombone. Then, as a new day, a new year, and a
new age dawns on Ackanomic, voices join the mighty instrument in a gloried
chorus.

Spring is coming.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 05:30:36 +0000
From: "Dave Mackenzie" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Days Past

> By the way, it is my personal (but rarely expressed) opinion that this,
> the original quorum crisis, was caused at least in part due to the
> creation of the Publicist office.  The Publicist's job was to advertise
> Ackanomic in order to bring in new players.  I found out about Ackanomic
> through one of Publicist Robert Sevin's ads on Usenet News, in a local
> UTexas newsgroup; it is known that he also posted to alt.fan.tmbg, and
> some other newsgroups -- this alone is probably part of the cause of the
> widespread popularity of TMBG among the players of Ackanomic's first year.
> Clearly, Robert Sevin succeeded too well in his duty. :-)

As a matter of complete coincedence, I believe I was one of those 
thirteen players :)  It was one of Robert Sevin's numberous Usenet 
ads that attracted me to the game in the first place.  

Device

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 02:15:32 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Days Past

[/dev/joe:]
>> By the way, it is my personal (but rarely expressed) opinion that this,
>> the original quorum crisis, was caused at least in part due to the
>> creation of the Publicist office.  The Publicist's job was to advertise
>> Ackanomic in order to bring in new players.

Actually, it is my impression that it was well-known to at least some
of the other players at the time that Robert Sevin had spammed Usenet,
and possibly more than once. I also received the impression that it
was experiences like this that eventually led to the repeal of the
Office of Publicist. So I don't think you were alone in your opinions.

[Device:]
> As a matter of complete coincedence, I believe I was one of those 
> thirteen players :)  It was one of Robert Sevin's numberous Usenet 
> ads that attracted me to the game in the first place.  

Heh. You did arrive during the onset of the Quorum crisis, true, but
you were not one of the thirteen I was referring to in my post. That
was for the date of March 28th; you arrived almost a week later, April
3rd. (Registrar chess piece face announced a "paltry" five new players
that day, which included this is not a name as well as yourself.)

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 21:07:10 -1100
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Speech! Speech!

It was after reading the history of Acka (particularly the events
surrounding CFJ 113) that prompted me to join.

Congratulation to breadbox on a job well done.

> breadbox
> your proud Historian

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 21:11:57 -1100
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:Banna

I have seen the light.
Oh glorious Wonder of Wonders that is Banna, I shall Worship you always
in my heart.
That I could Worship you as a devoted follower of Your Church.

Faithful community of The Church of Banna, I wish to be admitted to your
enlightened fold, to Worship in the Glory that is Banna.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 05:36:40 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:Banna

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, K 2 wrote:

> I have seen the light.
> Oh glorious Wonder of Wonders that is Banna, I shall Worship you always
> in my heart.
> That I could Worship you as a devoted follower of Your Church.
> 
> Faithful community of The Church of Banna, I wish to be admitted to your
> enlightened fold, to Worship in the Glory that is Banna.
> 

ooh.  A follower!  

Welcome to the Church of banna!  

rufus
Founder of the Church of banna

> 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 11:46:18 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

> > >> Provided two
> > >> players agree to it, they will become Valaraukar's evil twin.
> > >
> > >This could be interesting also.
> >         Anyone want to join me in becoming Valaraukar's evil twin?
> 
> I would like to do so, unless someone else already has and I missed it.
> 
> **two-star

I'll become Valraukar's evil twin with you then, if you want.

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 11:51:33 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: harf

Just to let you all know that proposal 2629 is harfy.

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 12:31:40 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stuff

I cash the "win" trinket for A$5.
I then purchase a Party Chess Piece Tornado.

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 09:38:05 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Malenkai's being CotC

Yawn...  *rolls over in the grave*

In my lifetime, I brought most of the Rules on Players entering and
leaving the game to their near current form, so please at least consider
my words.

It is my opinion that whether or not Malenkai became an Undead when he
attempted to quit the game, he did successfully vacate the Office of the
Clerk of the Courts.  Rule (256?) states a procedure that is employed
whenever a player attempts to leave the game.  Early in the procedure, the
player is removed from all eir Offices.  It is not until the last step
that the player ceases to be a player and becomes an Undead.  In other
words, I believe that when Malenkai attempted to leave, he activated that
procedure, which did nothing even possibly in violation of R1 until it
attempted to remove his playerhood.  By this time, he was no longer CotC.

The upshot of this is that whatever CFJ's were distributed by acting
officers in the MQ thread were also legally distributed in the MS thread.

Just a dead man dreaming.

*Rolls over in the grave.*

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 16:14:44 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> As a member of the standard harfer fee, I denounce this suggestion.
> 
> -- 
> Duncan C. "" Richer aka
> Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/

I think you had already approved it, since I think your support is proxied
to the standard harfer fee, although I may be thinking of The Gingham
Wearer, the other member. Of course, we don't have a trade license, so it
doesn't happen anyway ;-).

I suggest that Slakko is removed as a member of the standard harfer fee. I
suggest that The Gingham Wearer is removed as a member of the standard
harfer fee. At least one of these players had proxied their support, and
neither can oppose their own removal, so I believe both of these happen.

I then cackle maniacally, and point out that the membership is still open.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 16:35:04 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Gavin M. Doig wrote:

> > As a member of the standard harfer fee, I denounce this suggestion.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Duncan C. "" Richer aka
> > Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
> 
> I think you had already approved it, since I think your support is proxied
> to the standard harfer fee, although I may be thinking of The Gingham
> Wearer, the other member. Of course, we don't have a trade license, so it
> doesn't happen anyway ;-).

Approval and denouncement are distinct.

> I suggest that Slakko is removed as a member of the standard harfer fee. I
> suggest that The Gingham Wearer is removed as a member of the standard
> harfer fee. At least one of these players had proxied their support, and
> neither can oppose their own removal, so I believe both of these happen.
> 
> I then cackle maniacally, and point out that the membership is still open.

I join the standard harfer fee.
I suggest that Rex Mundi be removed.
I approve this suggestion.
I suggest that the standard harfer fee gift A$1 to Slakko.
I approve this suggestion.

- -- 
Duncan C. "the things you do for a buck" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 16:56:55 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> I suggest that Slakko is removed as a member of the standard harfer fee.
I
> suggest that The Gingham Wearer is removed as a member of the standard
> harfer fee. At least one of these players had proxied their support, and
> neither can oppose their own removal, so I believe both of these happen.
> 
> I then cackle maniacally, and point out that the membership is still
open.
> 
> Rex Mundi.

I request admission to the standard harfer fee. Since it has an open
membership policy this happens. I suggest that Slakko is removed from the
standard harfer fee, and support this action, so it happens (this was going
to be Rex Mundi but Slakko beat me to it). I proxy my support to the
standard harfer fee. I then leave SPAM, disillusioned at its members
inability to muster unity votes (bitter? Me? Never! I just think that six
people is a bit too big). I then give A$400 to the standard harfer fee. I
then suggest that the standard harfer fee buys a big tent. This happens. I
suggest that the standard harfer fee changes its name to Klingon. This
happens. I suggest that Klingon creates a charter reading as follows:

"This is the charter of Klingon. It can be changed only with unanimous
support of all members. The Gingham Wearer may not be removed from Klingon
against his will.

The goals of Klingon are as follows:

1. To have enough members to be able to get a unity vote but not too many
to make controlling it unwieldy.

2. To make good use of all benefits available to political parties.

3. To make Ackanomic enjoyable for everyone.

4. To be honourable in all dealings and not to be sneaky (i.e. no
dictatorships or anything like that)."

I name myself as swinger for Klingon.

I then cackle very maniacally and point out that membership is still open.

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:03:26 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, The Gingham Wearer wrote:

> I name myself as swinger for Klingon.

Now, what pieces do you want?

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:08:04 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Organizational Suggestion

I suggest that SPAM change its name to Minbari.

Minbari can stand for (Many Involved Nobodies Bringing Ackanomic Rich
Ideas).  It also represents the viewpoint that there are more ideological
differences to Ackanomic than Star Trek references can provide.
{For those who don't get it - watch Babylon 5}.

- -- 
Duncan C. "with Odo, Vulcan and Klingon it's time for a change" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:44:52 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> I then cackle very maniacally and point out that membership is still
open.
> 
> 
> The Gingham Wearer.

I request membership in Klingon. Thus, it happens.

I proxy my support to Klingon.

I suggest that Klingon adopt the following charter:
"This is the charter of Klingon. It can be changed only with unanimous
support of all members. 

The goals of Klingon are as follows:

1. To have enough members to be able to get a unity vote but not too many
to make controlling it unwieldy.

2. To make good use of all benefits available to political parties.

3. To make Ackanomic enjoyable for everyone.

4. To be honourable in all dealings and not to be sneaky (i.e. no
dictatorships or anything like that)."

This is adopted.

I suggest that Klingon no longer have an open membership policy.

I suggest that Klingon buy a Trade License.

I suggest that Klingon give 50 A$ to Rex Mundi; I thank Klingon for its
kind gift, and then give the 50 A$ back to Klingon.

I cancel my proxy to Klingon.

I then suggest that The Gingham Wearer be ejected from Klingon; I
immediately denounce that suggestion.

I suggest that The Gingham Wearer not have his support proxied to Klingon.
;-)

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:52:11 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Transfer

I gift "at least the standard Harfer fee", the trinket, to SPAM.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 18:15:58 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> I request membership in Klingon. Thus, it happens.
> 
> I proxy my support to Klingon.
> 
> I suggest that Klingon adopt the following charter:
> "This is the charter of Klingon. It can be changed only with unanimous
> support of all members. 
> 
> The goals of Klingon are as follows:
> 
> 1. To have enough members to be able to get a unity vote but not too many
> to make controlling it unwieldy.
> 
> 2. To make good use of all benefits available to political parties.
> 
> 3. To make Ackanomic enjoyable for everyone.
> 
> 4. To be honourable in all dealings and not to be sneaky (i.e. no
> dictatorships or anything like that)."
> 
> This is adopted.
> 
> I suggest that Klingon no longer have an open membership policy.
> 
> I suggest that Klingon buy a Trade License.
> 
> I suggest that Klingon give 50 A$ to Rex Mundi; I thank Klingon for its
> kind gift, and then give the 50 A$ back to Klingon.
> 
> I cancel my proxy to Klingon.
> 
> I then suggest that The Gingham Wearer be ejected from Klingon; I
> immediately denounce that suggestion.
> 
> I suggest that The Gingham Wearer not have his support proxied to
Klingon.
> ;-)

I thank Rex Mundi for not being overly cruel to me here and take his
suggestion. I cancel my proxy to Klingon. If it is the case that during the
previous hour Rex Mundi has given A$50 to Klingon and Klingon has not given
any money to Rex Mundi then I suggest that Klingon give A$50 to Rex Mundi.
(This may be the case because I gave Klingon A$400, A$300 were spent on a
big tent, A$50 were spent on a trade license and I believe some money will
have been spent changing the org's name). I then ask Rex Mundi if he's
planning on sticking around and making himself useful or just pointing out
all the dumb errors I make and how easy they are to exploit.

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 18:43:04 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Harfer Stuff

Does your organization want to change its name?

Then make sure you own at least the standard Harfer Fee.

Yes, at least the standard Harfer Fee, from TrinketsInc(tm).  It looks
useless, it seems useless, but it is so dang useful!  Stop your Klingon
looking like the standard Harfer Fee with "at least the standard Harfer
Fee".  
One only, available now from SPAM.  A$1000, and cheap at the price.
:-)

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:44:38 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: IRC

Anyone interested can join me on Acka IRC. I'll be there for a bit so if
you're online then come and chat.

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 14:48:12 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Duel (Slakko vs. /dev/joe)

Vynd wrote a few days ago:
> Harken!  /dev/joe, viciosuly attacked by Slakko, and now challenged to a
> Duel of Honor, has chosen to accept!  Woe unto Slakko, for he shall never
> defeat /dev/joe in the game of Viruses.  /dev/joe stands ready for the
> referee to begin the game.

else....if, you volunteered to referee this game.  Could you please start it
soon?

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 13:39:00 -0800
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

The Gingham Wearer wrote:

> I'll become Valraukar's evil twin with you then, if you want.
> 
> The Gingham Wearer.

I agree to this. So let it be done.

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:51:04 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

	I agree to become Valaraukar's evil twin along with either Slakko,
two-star, rufus, or anyone else who wants.

- -- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	No iron can stab the heart with such force as a period put just at
the right place.
	-Isaac Babel

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:56:53 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Organizational Suggestion

>I suggest that SPAM change its name to Minbari.
	I denounce this suggestion.

- -- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	No iron can stab the heart with such force as a period put just at
the right place.
	-Isaac Babel

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 23:39:39 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe

I was still recovering from the festivities of the second birthday parade
and receiving the fright of my life almost being ejected from an org I had
just given A$400 to so I decided I'd go and relax by returning to my house
and polishing the Great Trombone of Ackanomic. I went to the cupboard to
fetch some brass polish and a small rag, fetched the Great Trombone, and
went to sit in my favourite, most comfortable, gingham chair. As I started
to polish the inside I felt a small rectangular object. Putting down the
polish and the rag I reached inside and pulled out a matchbox. Not a red
matchbox, nor a blue matchbox, but a red and blue matchbox.

It slowly began to open and out climbed Phoebe. "Do you have to play so
loud?" she said.
"What's that?"
"I've got an awful headache now."
"Oh, sorry." I wasn't really sure what to say. How was I to know that steel
fleas could get headaches.
"Although", continued Phoebe, "It could be because of being split in two
and then joining back together, couldn't it?"

There was a long pause before I realised that this was not intended as a
rhetorical question. "Uh...yeah. Did I do the right thing leaving SPAM?" I
asked trying to change the subject.

She gave it a brief moment's thought. "You must always do whatever you feel
is right", she said before continuing, "so long as you're prepared to work
for it."
"So what you're saying is, "be considerate to the harfers." We all knew
that anyhow."
"I know", she replied, "but it never hurts to point it out once in a
while."

With that she rubbed her head, gave a brief groan and withdrew back into
her box.

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:51:12 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Duel (Slakko vs. /dev/joe)

>     F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S
> 9   . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> 10  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> 11  . . . . . . @ . . . . . . .
> 12  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> 13  . . . @ . . . @ . . . . . .
> 14  . . . . @ . . . . . . @ . .
> 15  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> 16  . . @ . . . . . . @ @ . . .
> 17  . . . . . . @ . . . @ . . .
> 18  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> 19  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

There should be more cells in the starting grid -- 20, instead of 10.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:02:13 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Duel (Slakko vs. /dev/joe)

>There should be more cells in the starting grid -- 20, instead of 10.
	Very good.  You, um, noticed my test of your knowledge of the
rules.  Here's the correct starting grid:

   F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S
8  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
9  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
10 . . @ @ . . . @ . . . . . .
11 . . @ @ . . @ . . . . . . .
12 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
13 . . . @ . . . @ . . . @ . .
14 . . . @ . . . . . @ . @ . .
15 . . @ . . . @ . . . . . . .
16 . . @ . . . . . . @ . . . .
17 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
18 . . . . @ . . . @ @ . . . .
19 . . . . @ . . . . . . . . .
20 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
21 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Symbols are still / and S.  Webpage is updated.  Have fun.

- -- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	No iron can stab the heart with such force as a period put just at
the right place.
	-Isaac Babel

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:25:52 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Vacation

> I go on vacation with an expected duration of 2 days.
> My apologies to CnH who will no longer be acting praetor
> unless reappointed, but it seemed inappropriate to remain
> on vacation for that stunning speech :)

Just for completeness, I hereby reappoint Calvin N Hobbes as Acting
Praetor.  I mean, why not.  Never mind that since Balsamic Dragon doesn't
log during the weekends, e won't get anything assigned to em anyway...:-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Moll Flanders Soundtrack
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
He flung himself on his horse and rode madly off in all directions.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:36:15 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Chorg

> I am wearing the Shades of Chorg.
> I am reading page 10 of my Spell Book of Chorg. This page seems somehow
> different from the last few, and I find that it produces an Evil Ballot
> Stuffer.

> I pull the large lever on this Evil Ballot Stuffer.

The Evil Ballot Stuffer, which started to shimmy and shake immediately
after this level was pulled...

Eventually sputters and dies, becoming broken.  (Hmmm...is there a way of
representing this on the PE page?)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Moll Flanders Soundtrack
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
Be true and do not lie in the area!

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:46:42 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> I hereby create a new organization, called The Moral Kiosk. In order to do
> so, I must pay the standard harfer fee, so I (experimentally) give 1 A$ to
> the standard harfer fee.

This does not work.  Firstly, there is no provision for giving A$ to
trinkets, and secondly, since you do not indicate that you are paying the
A$25 to the Treasury.  Thus, I consider that The Moral Kiosk was never
formed.

> I suggest that the standard harfer fee give 1 A$ to Rex Mundi.

Whether this occurs or not is dependent on the standard harfer fee's
membership.

> I then give 650 A$ to The Moral Kiosk. I suggest that The Moral Kiosk buy a
> trade license, and I approve of it; thus, it happens.

This does not happen; see above.

> I say the *cough*400*cough*, for reasons that may not be particularly clear
> to many people.

I'm sure that this happens, no rule being against it...:-)

> I then give all my remaining A$ to RexBank.

And this happens as well.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Moll Flanders Soundtrack
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
A lie for an eye, a truth for a tooth.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 18:50:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Org shuffling

I'm having a hard time following all of these shifting organizations
and memberships, now that people are purchasing Big Tents. Please let
me know if there are any mistakes on the voting reports. Currently I
have it that The Gingham Wearer has left SPAM (which may or may not be
changing its name to Minbari), and is now a member of Klingon, along
with Rex Mundi.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 18:29:55 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> I thank Rex Mundi for not being overly cruel to me here and take his
> suggestion. I cancel my proxy to Klingon. If it is the case that during
the

You're welcome. ;-)

> previous hour Rex Mundi has given A$50 to Klingon and Klingon has not
given
> any money to Rex Mundi then I suggest that Klingon give A$50 to Rex
Mundi.
> (This may be the case because I gave Klingon A$400, A$300 were spent on a
> big tent, A$50 were spent on a trade license and I believe some money
will
> have been spent changing the org's name). I then ask Rex Mundi if he's
> planning on sticking around and making himself useful or just pointing
out
> all the dumb errors I make and how easy they are to exploit.
> 

I'll stick around, I think. If I wasn't going to, I'd have kept the money.
;-)

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:52:57 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> > I hereby create a new organization, called The Moral Kiosk. In order to do
> > so, I must pay the standard harfer fee, so I (experimentally) give 1 A$ to
> > the standard harfer fee.

> This does not work.  Firstly, there is no provision for giving A$ to
> trinkets, and secondly, since you do not indicate that you are paying the
> A$25 to the Treasury.  Thus, I consider that The Moral Kiosk was never
> formed.

Of course, I forgot that "the standard Harfer Fee" was an Org.  Okay, you
can give it A$1.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Moll Flanders Soundtrack
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
They have love but they also have typewriters.  That is interesting.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 03:02:31 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> > I hereby create a new organization, called The Moral Kiosk. In order to
do
> > so, I must pay the standard harfer fee, so I (experimentally) give 1 A$
to
> > the standard harfer fee.
> 
> This does not work.  Firstly, there is no provision for giving A$ to
> trinkets, and secondly, since you do not indicate that you are paying the
> A$25 to the Treasury.  Thus, I consider that The Moral Kiosk was never
> formed.
> 
I'm not quite sure what you mean. the standard harfer fee is (or was, when
I sent that message) an organization I founded. What trinket do you mean?

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 03:24:00 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> Of course, I forgot that "the standard Harfer Fee" was an Org.  Okay, you
> can give it A$1.
> 
Thanks. ;-)

Of course, I'd already sent a message asking what trinket you meant by the
time you sent this. My apologies.

Does this mean that The Moral Kiosk got founded?

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:33:46 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> I then suggest that The Gingham Wearer be ejected from Klingon; I
> immediately denounce that suggestion.

I don't know if this will work or not.  I think that what will happen
is that TGW will end up ejected from Klingon, because of eir proxied
approval, and your denunciation of it will happen a microsecond or so
too late...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Don Henley:I Can't Stand Still
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
The illegal smuggling of mimes... nobody talks about it.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:30:06 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> > I then cackle maniacally, and point out that the membership is still open.

> I join the standard harfer fee.
> I suggest that Rex Mundi be removed.
> I approve this suggestion.
> I suggest that the standard harfer fee gift A$1 to Slakko.
> I approve this suggestion.

Oh, I see, this is sort of like a @kick party!  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Camelot:I Wonder What The King Is Doing Tonight
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
Suddenly, she died of old age.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:28:48 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Organizational Suggestion

> I suggest that SPAM change its name to Minbari.

> Minbari can stand for (Many Involved Nobodies Bringing Ackanomic Rich
> Ideas).  It also represents the viewpoint that there are more ideological
> differences to Ackanomic than Star Trek references can provide.
> {For those who don't get it - watch Babylon 5}.

I'm still trying to find a channel I can get locally that will carry the
new season.  It starts this weekend, doesn't it?  <fume>  Damn NBC,
anyway.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Queen:Rain Must Fall
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
I have nothing to allude to, and I am alluding to it.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:15:54 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: Org creation

> I think you had already approved it, since I think your support is proxied
> to the standard harfer fee, although I may be thinking of The Gingham
> Wearer, the other member. Of course, we don't have a trade license, so it
> doesn't happen anyway ;-).

It was The Gingham Wearer that had proxied their support.

> I suggest that Slakko is removed as a member of the standard harfer fee. I
> suggest that The Gingham Wearer is removed as a member of the standard
> harfer fee. At least one of these players had proxied their support, and
> neither can oppose their own removal, so I believe both of these happen.

I believe that Rex Mundi is correct here.  Although if you'd done them the
other way around, it wouldn't have worked, since Slakko would've needed
to approve TGW's removal.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Moll Flanders Soundtrack
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
Fruit juice everywhere, not one drop to fill me

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #484
*******************************