Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #479
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Thursday, January 22 1998      Volume 02 : Number 479

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 00:12:58 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fwd: Dice: GM]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
- --------------36DC91A2E88D9C9B09C98C8D
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

- --------------36DC91A2E88D9C9B09C98C8D
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 22:23:51 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Dice: GM

#P [email-masked]
#S 40
#D 1
#R 1
#L 1
#T Acka: GM random determination

#C player: breadbox
#C I am using the dice server to determine the latest attempt
#C at using the GM.  Failure is on a 1 (or 1 & 2 if e doesn't
#C have the Ackaphysicist skill
#C Malenkai

- --------------36DC91A2E88D9C9B09C98C8D--

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:22:49 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Let me say this again...

> I logged on just now and was suprised to discover that no one has had
> anything to say about my vrdict on CFJ 515.  Perhaps people didn't read
> it, or these funky mail problems swatted it down or something...  In any
> event, I think what i found out was pretty important so I'm going to
> repeat it.

I confess to mostly having given up reading any posts with "CFJ" in the
subject line.  :-)  I guess I should stop doing that.

> By Rule 256, when a player leaves the game a series of things occur, in
> the order listed in the Rule.  Second on this list is that the player is
> removed from all offices.  Last on the list is that the player ceases to
> be a player, and becomes an Undead.

> As I understand it, the arguement for Malenkai not being able to leave the
> game is that it would mean that he was both an Evil Overlord and a
> non-player, and that Rule 1 does not allow this.  Assuming that this is
> true (which I don't, actually), then what exactly would Rule 1 do when
> Malenkai tries to leave the game.  Well, Rule 1 doesn't care about things
> like whether or not Malenkai holds any offices.  All it is worried about
> is making sure that Evil Overlords don't become non-players.  So the only
> step in Rule 256 that it would interfere with would be the last one, which
> causes Malenkai to stop being a player.  The other steps described in Rule
> 256 all occurred unimpeded.  Thus, regardless of whether or not he
> successfuly became an Undead, Malenkai lost his offices when he declared
> he was leaving the game.

You know, this makes a lot of sense to me.  I think that this is probably
what happened.  Anyone else have any objections?  If not, we should give
Vynd some kind of Clear Thinking Award or something.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Until The End of The World Soundtrack
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
Schrodinger's Pet Clinic--Give your cat half a chance

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:44:11 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: New Players (Vynd)

We have two new players in Ackanomic.  Well, actually one has been a
player before, but has no Undead and so is legally considered a new
player.

Eir name is Dave Mackenzie, eir email is <[email-masked]>, and
e is once again going under the name Device.  Vynd has been chosen
as eir mentor.

Then there is another fellow who, if I have interpreted eir email
messages correctly, is named Kent Stadler, had an email of
<[email-masked]>, and has chosen the name Hoover 2300.
(If any of this is wrong, I'm sure e will correct me...)  I have
been chosen as eir mentor, which is perhaps fortuitous since he
actually lives in a suburb of Edmonton...

Welcome em (back) to Ackanomic!

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Until The End of The World Soundtrack
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
It's a sky blue sky.  The satellites are out tonight.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 21:48:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: New Players (Vynd)

> Eir name is Dave Mackenzie, eir email is <[email-masked]>, and
> e is once again going under the name Device.  Vynd has been chosen
> as eir mentor.

Whoa. Welcome back, Device.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 20:12:17 -1000
From: Rico <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fair Voting

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> I'm not sure whether Slagothor's Proposal 2612 is invalid or not, but to
> avoid potential quorum failure, I'd encourage everybody to vote on it
> anyway...

Me too...

- -rico

Where do you want to go, toady?

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:41:48 -0800
From: aaron shapiro <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: a question?

Ok my proposal # 2617 has a bunch of weird =20 thingies in it.   I blame this on 
my lame e-mail program, as I didn't type them, but was wondering if they 
effected the proposal enough for me to withdraw it and resubmit it a bit less 
messed up.  ( I don't really expect it to pass, but I figured more opinions were 
needed)  also I am planning to find a new program to do mail on as this one 
seems to suck @$$.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 01:44:13 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Let me say this again...

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> > As I understand it, the arguement for Malenkai not being able to leave the
> > game is that it would mean that he was both an Evil Overlord and a
> > non-player, and that Rule 1 does not allow this.  Assuming that this is
> > true (which I don't, actually), then what exactly would Rule 1 do when
> > Malenkai tries to leave the game.  Well, Rule 1 doesn't care about things
> > like whether or not Malenkai holds any offices.  All it is worried about
> > is making sure that Evil Overlords don't become non-players.  So the only
> > step in Rule 256 that it would interfere with would be the last one, which
> > causes Malenkai to stop being a player.  The other steps described in Rule
> > 256 all occurred unimpeded.  Thus, regardless of whether or not he
> > successfuly became an Undead, Malenkai lost his offices when he declared
> > he was leaving the game.
> 
> You know, this makes a lot of sense to me.  I think that this is probably
> what happened.  Anyone else have any objections?  If not, we should give
> Vynd some kind of Clear Thinking Award or something.
> 

I'm flattered, but I can't take credit.  This was what the reasoning for
Crackfoo's CFJ 515 said.  Imagine my frustration that the statement says
something else.

                                 - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:48:42 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: I have an Offer

I create a contract, known as the "DJ isn't just playing the Duel"
Contract, with the following MONEYBACK-delimited text:

MONEYBACK
1. Slakko will pay, at an otherwise unspecified time on Saturday 24th
January, A$150 to the first Qualifying Recipient.  The definition of
"first" used here is the first player in chronological order to become a
qualifying recipient.  If no player Qualifies, Slakko is not obliged to
pay any money as a result of this contract.

2. A player is a Qualifying Recipient if they, prior to Saturday 24th
January, play an Otzma Card Go Fish and name /dev/joe's Otzma Card Share
My Income.
MONEYBACK

In other words, people, if you use a Go Fish card you have to get my A$499
back from /dev/joe, I will then pay you A$150.  Guaranteed.

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:52:15 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Offer continued

I sign the contract that I have most recently created.

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:09:39 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2626

I'm against this.
I think that with a larger number of Swingers of the board at the same
time (which this proposal does not attempt to change) would be detrimental
to the game.

Niccolo Flychuck

 On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Brian Raiter wrote:

> Proposal 2626
> Come One, Come All
> Slakko (Duncan Richer)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> {{[7 is such an arbitrary number.  As Chess-Umpire, I don't care how many
> people are playing Party Chess.  So I'll eliminate the maximum players
> rulings.]}}
> 
> Amend Rule 1040 by replacing:
> "The number of Capital Swinger offices that exist in the Treasury at any
> one time is 7 less the number of non-Warm Swinger Offices in Party
> Hall."
> 
> with
> "Exactly one Capital Swinger office exists in the Treasury at any one
> time."
> 
> Remove section 4 B (iii) from Rule 1230.2.
> Renumber section 4 B (iv) of Rule 1230.2 to 4 B (iii).
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of acka-voting-digest V2 #259
> *********************************
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:26:03 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Acting Praetor

I volunteer.
I would also like to be taken the CFJ ineligibilty list.(If I'm on it)

Niccolo Flychuck

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> While Malenkai is on Vacation, it might be appropriate to have an
> Acting Praetor(the one Office e still holds in both threads).  As
> far as I can tell, the following players are eligible for Praetorly
> positions:
> 
> Calvin N Hobbes
> /dev/joe
> Niccolo Flychuck
> Alfvaen
> 
> Any volunteers?
> 
> 
> - --
> - --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
> Current Album--Tchaikovsky:Symphony No. 6 "Pathetique"
> Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
> "CAUTION: Knife is very sharp. Keep out of children"
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:29:39 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: *That* Roome

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> else...if wrote:
> > 	I am entering *that* room.
> 
> Since I don't feel confident in using the Random Dice Server yet(as in,
> I haven't gotten around to trying it), I am just going to use my own
> dice.  (Feedback on which method you'd like better is welcomed; I live
> to serve.)  (Say, does "Speaker" remind anyone else of the Second
> Foundation?)

I used to think of the Speaker position as First Speaker, for quite a long
while when I started playing nomic. Does that answer you question:)?

Niccolo Flychuck

> 
> So:  else...if has read one of the pages of Arcane Lore.
> 
> And using my own dice once again to determine the random Otzma Card:
> 
> Go Fish.
> 
> 
> - --
> - --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
> Current Album--The Teardrop Explodes:Everybody Wants To Shag...
> Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
> He's a model employee.  Just not a working model.
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:10:23 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2626

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Uri Bruck wrote:

> 
> 
> 
> 
> I'm against this.
> I think that with a larger number of Swingers of the board at the same
> time (which this proposal does not attempt to change) would be detrimental
> to the game.

Personally, I don't think so.  We've seen very little in the way of
interplayer strategy, and multiple players would help this.  I see no
reason for such an arbitrary limit as 7.  If you can give a good reason
why this would be detrimental I may be more likely to understand.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:55:09 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Thread tracking update

> We've been trying very, very hard to keep from sticking Balsamic
> Dragon with Acting Speakership.  Hopefully we're managing to defeat
> the Rules' determination to make the Clerk of the Court Acting Speaker
> anytime there happens to be no Speaker.  (In fact, we may just want
> to change that rule utterly.)
> 

Let it be known that I appreciate this a lot!  I'm still getting the hang
of Clerkship.  Tho, when I read that last post I was going to figure out in
the rules how I could foist it off on Alfvaen anyway!  I didn't know that
that was what you were trying to do with that proposal on Acting Speaker
stuff, so please don't be mad that I voted against it :)  I just thought it
was more confusing than helpful.  I think we may really want a "line of
succession"  built in such a way that no one gets stuck with, say more than
two, functional offices at a time due to others' resignation, vacation,
etc...

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:03:18 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: trade Otzma Card

 I am offering Slakko the following transfer:

transfer Otzma Card Go Fish to Slakko.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 01:04:24 -1000
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Thread tracking update

> * CFJ 514 was assigned to K 2, who appears to be close to deadbeating
>   on it.

I had just about forgotten about this... :)

I have submitted a verdict to Balsamic Dragon, however, I believe, I was
already deadbeat.

However, since CFJ 515 implies that Malenkai was removed from CotC
regardless of weather e actually left, and didn't resume until after CFJ
514 was assigned to me, it prolly is;nt a CFJ....

Incidentally if Malenkai was removed from CotC regardless of weather e
actually left, doesn't that mean the CFJ 513(Red Barn) was never self
invalidating?

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 01:26:34 -1000
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Evil

I am using my Otzma Card Share Your Income on Hoover 2300 , and naming
the
amount of A$450, half the A$900 he received when he became a new
member...

I would like to encourage Hoover 2300 to :
    apply to Rule1129 (Crazy French-Scotsmen) for a full refund (and a
little extra)...
    borrow Towsner's enemy stamp... :)

Oh, and welcome to Ackanomic.....

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:36:31 -0600
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Evil

Wow.  That was certainly Not Nice :)  Whether or not he gets it back...

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	K 2 [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent:	Friday, January 23, 1998 5:27 AM
>To:	[email-masked]
>Subject:	Acka: Evil
>
>I am using my Otzma Card Share Your Income on Hoover 2300 , and naming
>the
>amount of A$450, half the A$900 he received when he became a new
>member...
>
>
>Oh, and welcome to Ackanomic.....
>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:38:19 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: *That* Roome

> I have dice server scripts for all the common random things 
> in this game, if anyone wants them.
> 
> Malenkai

Thanks, but I'm just using Irony Games.  It's what I use for setting up
role-playing games as well.  That reminds me:  Is anyone interested in an
Ackanomic based (and themed) RPG to be played by e-mail?  It would be set
in Ackanomic and might be set up to include game-related (and
game-effecting) things.  The idea is to explore the physical environment of
Acka a little more and to play around with the history and such.

Balsamic Dragon 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 01:43:38 -1000
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Evil

- --------------98D9C627DE2EB4ACF68D108B
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

> Wow.  That was certainly Not Nice :)  Whether or not he gets it back...

Is that Wow.  That was certainly Not Nice :).  Whether or not he gets it
back...
                                            ^

OR

Wow.  That was certainly Not Nice :), Whether or not he gets it back...
                                    ^

Prolly both....
Crzay French Scottsman CAN get is back tho...

Bad K 2 Bad

K2
wishing I could have a 2 letter name....

- --------------98D9C627DE2EB4ACF68D108B
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
<TT></TT>&nbsp;
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><TT>Wow.&nbsp; That was certainly Not Nice :)&nbsp;
Whether or not he gets it back...</TT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<TT>Is that Wow.&nbsp; That was certainly Not Nice :).&nbsp; Whether or
not he gets it back...</TT>
<BR><TT>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
^</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>OR</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>Wow.&nbsp; That was certainly Not Nice :), Whether or not he gets
it back...</TT>
<BR><TT>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
^</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>Prolly both....</TT>
<BR><TT>Crzay French Scottsman CAN get is back tho...</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>Bad K 2 Bad</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>K2</TT>
<BR><TT>wishing I could have a 2 letter name....</TT></HTML>

- --------------98D9C627DE2EB4ACF68D108B--

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 01:49:28 -1000
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:Treasure

> Planning on releasing any hints on this one???
>

Of course.

*hint*
hints will be forth coming when the conditions for a hint in the treasure
map have been fulfilled....
*hint*

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:56:07 -0600
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Evil

Oh.  Took me a few to understand what you were talking about, since your
^'s didn't show up under the punctuation.  What I MEANT was, whether or
not Hoover 2300 gets his money back, that was Not Nice.

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	K 2 [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent:	Friday, January 23, 1998 5:44 AM
>To:	[email-masked]
>Subject:	Re: Acka: Evil
>
>
>
>> Wow.  That was certainly Not Nice :)  Whether or not he gets it back...
>
>Is that Wow.  That was certainly Not Nice :).  Whether or not he gets it
>back...
>                                            ^
>
>OR
>
>Wow.  That was certainly Not Nice :), Whether or not he gets it back...
>                                    ^
>
>Prolly both....
>Crzay French Scottsman CAN get is back tho...
>
>Bad K 2 Bad
>
>K2
>wishing I could have a 2 letter name....
> << File: ATT01999.html >> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:00:10 -0500 (EST)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: *That* Roome

> Thanks, but I'm just using Irony Games.  It's what I use for setting up
> role-playing games as well.  That reminds me:  Is anyone interested in an
> Ackanomic based (and themed) RPG to be played by e-mail?  It would be set
> in Ackanomic and might be set up to include game-related (and
> game-effecting) things.  The idea is to explore the physical environment of
> Acka a little more and to play around with the history and such.

  Mildly.  If it could be integrated with treasure hunts.

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<[email-masked]><[email-masked]> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Change Nomic!   http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~chatham/nomicfaq.html
Great minds think differently.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 01:59:48 -1000
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Trinket

I am Creating a trinket called "Evil" it is worth $A 469 and its
description is "Evil".

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:34:24 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Acting Praetor

Yeah, that reminds me.  I would like to be off the CFJ ineligibility list,
too.  Actually I think it is my job to keep that list up-to-date but I'm
not sure who is doing the web harfing for that page...  In any case, I need
to know if, excepting my removal and Niccolo's, it is up-to-date now.

Balsamic Dragon

> 
> 
> I volunteer.
> I would also like to be taken the CFJ ineligibilty list.(If I'm on it)
> 
> Niccolo Flychuck
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:44:27 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Trinket Creation

Wow, thanks Aaron!  I attach this trinket to the outside of my cave.  I
also attach a wooden box underneath it marked "CFJ Submissions"  It has a
hole in the top into which CFJ's are to be put, however, someone has
drilled a couple of holes in the side and stuck in some papers which are
now half in and half out of the box ;)

Balsamic Dragon

- ----------
> From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: Acka: Trinket Creation
> Date: Wednesday, January 21, 1998 5:14 PM
> 
> I create a trinket, named Big Fun, valued at A$5, with the following
> description.
> 
> "This is a beautiful, mahogany plaque, with the words "Welcome to the
> Office of the Clerk of the Courts!" in bright gold letters on it.
> Attached to the plaque are several twining cords, made of some lustrous
> fiber.  Try as you might, you cannot tell where the cords start or end,
> or even which cord is which.
> 
> I offer Big Fun to Balsamic Dragon.
> 
> ------------------
> Aaron Keesler
> Adtran, Inc.
> ------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 15:46:43 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: trade Otzma Card

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Uri Bruck wrote:

> 
>  I am offering Slakko the following transfer:
> 
> transfer Otzma Card Go Fish to Slakko.

I accept this trade.

I play the Otzma Card Go Fish on the Share Your Income card /dev/joe used
yesterday.  This means e transfers A$548 to me automatically.

I transfer A$150 to Niccolo Flychuck.

Note to Niccolo: If the go fish is go fished, then all that happens is
/dev/joe gets a Share Your Income card.  Nothing else happens to the money
AFAICS.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 15:57:21 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: trade Otzma Card

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Uri Bruck wrote:
> 
> > 
> >  I am offering Slakko the following transfer:
> > 
> > transfer Otzma Card Go Fish to Slakko.
> 
> I accept this trade.

No need, its a gift.

> 
> I play the Otzma Card Go Fish on the Share Your Income card /dev/joe used
> yesterday.  This means e transfers A$548 to me automatically.

Doesn't happen.  I can't play the otzma card.

> 
> I transfer A$150 to Niccolo Flychuck.

Doesn't happen.  I don't have the money.

> 
> Note to Niccolo: If the go fish is go fished, then all that happens is
> /dev/joe gets a Share Your Income card.  Nothing else happens to the money
> AFAICS.

I gift the Otzma Card Go Fish back to Niccolo Flychuck, with the
instructions: "Please use it yourself - I can't use it until Saturday.
I still get the money back, and you get your A$150 once I get that money".

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 17:12:48 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Treasure

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> The treasure map was:
> 
> The treasure shall be found by the first player, besides Alfvaen, to create
> a new entity which either has a palindromic name, or a description which is
> entirely palindromic.  Rules and Proposals are valid entities for this
> purpose, and their text counts as a description.  I reserve the right to
> withhold the treasure if I am convinced that the player in question had not
> intended to find this treasure.
> 
> 
> Since Slakko made an effort to privately point out to me that e had created
> this trinket, I figured e probably knew what e was about.  Now perhaps e'd
> like to share eir technique with us...

The technique is as follows:
Realise that there's an easy way to fulfil two Agenda Conditions at once.
Do it.
Realise that the Scorekeeper possibly missed it.
Point it out.
Fall ass-over-backwards into a Treasure.

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:14:24 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Treasure

> > The treasure shall be found by the first player, besides Alfvaen, to create
> > a new entity which either has a palindromic name, or a description which is
> > entirely palindromic.  Rules and Proposals are valid entities for this
> > purpose, and their text counts as a description.  I reserve the right to
> > withhold the treasure if I am convinced that the player in question had not
> > intended to find this treasure.

> > Since Slakko made an effort to privately point out to me that e had created
> > this trinket, I figured e probably knew what e was about.  Now perhaps e'd
> > like to share eir technique with us...

> The technique is as follows:
> Realise that there's an easy way to fulfil two Agenda Conditions at once.
> Do it.
> Realise that the Scorekeeper possibly missed it.
> Point it out.
> Fall ass-over-backwards into a Treasure.

Oh.  Oops.  :-)  Well, I'll let you keep the Treasure anyway, since you had
me convinced that you were looking for a Treasure.  (In case anyone's
interested, the encryption scheme I used was very simple...I just wrote
the message out in 7-bit ASCII, not using the 8th bit entirely, and then
split it up into 8-bit segments and wrote it out in hexadecimal.)

I have no idea what the above have to do with Agenda Conditions, or what
duty I, as Scorekeeper, have to do about it.  I'd tend to think that
Agenda Conditions should be pointed out to the Illuminatus.  (I don't even
know what Hats I have, yet, I don't think, let alone what anybody else
has...)

Obviously you should have been a bit less enigmatic about what you were
pointing out to me.  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Lost Highway Soundtrack
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
Wait!  Don't turn the page...I'm not finished.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:29:27 -0800
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Treasure

> > The technique is as follows:
> > Realise that there's an easy way to fulfil two Agenda Conditions at once.
> > Do it.
> > Realise that the Scorekeeper possibly missed it.
> > Point it out.
> > Fall ass-over-backwards into a Treasure.
> 
> Oh.  Oops.  :-)  Well, I'll let you keep the Treasure anyway, since you had
> me convinced that you were looking for a Treasure.  (In case anyone's
> interested, the encryption scheme I used was very simple...I just wrote
> the message out in 7-bit ASCII, not using the 8th bit entirely, and then
> split it up into 8-bit segments and wrote it out in hexadecimal.)
> 
> I have no idea what the above have to do with Agenda Conditions, or what
> duty I, as Scorekeeper, have to do about it.  I'd tend to think that
> Agenda Conditions should be pointed out to the Illuminatus.  (I don't even
> know what Hats I have, yet, I don't think, let alone what anybody else
> has...)
> 
> Obviously you should have been a bit less enigmatic about what you were
> pointing out to me.  :-)

I guess I should have been more enigmatic and mysterious about the "G"
then. *sigh*. Just so y'all know, intent is not a necessary condition of
the curious clock treasure. It is entirely possible, if unlikely, that
someone may stumble upon it. (I suspect fnord might come up a little
short if e were still around to try, however.)

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:35:05 -0800
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: GW vs. Alfvaen duel

Trivalent is in OSPD, so The Gingham Wearer wins.

**two-star

ex-referee

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 18:52:36 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Treasure

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, **Alexandre Muniz wrote:

> > > The technique is as follows:
> > > Realise that there's an easy way to fulfil two Agenda Conditions at once.
> > > Do it.
> > > Realise that the Scorekeeper possibly missed it.
> > > Point it out.
> > > Fall ass-over-backwards into a Treasure.
> > 
> > Oh.  Oops.  :-)  Well, I'll let you keep the Treasure anyway, since you had
> > me convinced that you were looking for a Treasure.  (In case anyone's
> > interested, the encryption scheme I used was very simple...I just wrote
> > the message out in 7-bit ASCII, not using the 8th bit entirely, and then
> > split it up into 8-bit segments and wrote it out in hexadecimal.)
> > 
> > I have no idea what the above have to do with Agenda Conditions, or what
> > duty I, as Scorekeeper, have to do about it.  I'd tend to think that
> > Agenda Conditions should be pointed out to the Illuminatus.  (I don't even
> > know what Hats I have, yet, I don't think, let alone what anybody else
> > has...)

The whole point is that currently no-one knows which Hats they have
because the Illuminatus still has to randomly distribute them (Any idea
when, **?).  However, I'm trying to fulfil as many conditions as I can so
that I increase my chance of an immediate win.

I would have thought that was an obvious way to go about things.

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:59:13 -0500
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Acka: Gaol

Ah, the little things.

It seems that K2 took advantage of the Gaol's experimental self check-in
procedure.  It looks like the Gaol computer assigned him to cell 15320,
which is very cold and shaped like the top of a mountain.

Supposing that K2's sentence was carried out despite the lack of
previous notification of his incarceration, it also seems that K2 has now
served his time and is released from Gaol.

ThinMan
Gaoler

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 19:10:52 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz 

It's alive! Valaraukar IS ALIVE!

I heff completed beeldeeng Valaraukar from et's bluepreent, end et iz now
tranzverred to else...if!

Rex Mundi!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:54:48 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Evil

AARON KEESLER wrote:
> 
> Wow.  That was certainly Not Nice :)  Whether or not he gets it back...
> 
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From:  K 2 [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> >Sent:  Friday, January 23, 1998 5:27 AM
> >To:    [email-masked]
> >Subject:       Acka: Evil
> >
> >I am using my Otzma Card Share Your Income on Hoover 2300 , and naming
> >the
> >amount of A$450, half the A$900 he received when he became a new
> >member...
> >
> >
> >Oh, and welcome to Ackanomic.....
> >
well I give this a try... Hail Eris

Thank you and stealing my money is a prerequisit in my contract to
become within my insanity. this contract has become null and void as of
then.

currently paying attention to sputtering of mindfuck on leif erikison.

My debt to satan in which I have invested 23 thousand granules of home
grown plagerized semi permeable pourous sand against the tradeing back
of my soul for his antique candied shoe-laces.

I am known to people who know me as Hoo for people who don't can look it
up.

I would like to say also the number six not two or three which equals
five but five which = six

for a role playing game I suggest Beyond The Supernatural I have'nt
played but it looks whimsical and any thing that is whimsicycle can be
played as believable thus happening some where in the world today.

I now set a bail for two brothers and a sister, one who keeps on putting
bologne down my pants and the other that wishs to throw pudding at my
velevet elvis look alike calander girl. The other is sitting sprouting
poetry in the corner of her square sewing compass.
they wait till I reveal their missing sibling that was cast into the
depths of space ice-cream macoroni salad.

hoo

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:44:16 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: *That* Roome

>Thanks, but I'm just using Irony Games.  It's what I use for setting up
>role-playing games as well.  That reminds me:  Is anyone interested in an
>Ackanomic based (and themed) RPG to be played by e-mail?  It would be set
>in Ackanomic and might be set up to include game-related (and
>game-effecting) things.  The idea is to explore the physical environment of
>Acka a little more and to play around with the history and such.
	Sounds weird...I'd have to know more about it.

- -- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	No iron can stab the heart with such force as a period put just at
the right place.
	-Isaac Babel

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:47:31 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

>I heff completed beeldeeng Valaraukar from et's bluepreent, end et iz now
>tranzverred to else...if!
	Yeah!  I accept it if neccessary (though I don't think it is)
and...um...does anyone have any idea what it does?

- -- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	No iron can stab the heart with such force as a period put just at
the right place.
	-Isaac Babel

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:52:10 -0500
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Evil

>I would like to encourage Hoover 2300 to :
>    apply to Rule1129 (Crazy French-Scotsmen) for a full refund (and a
>little extra)...
>    borrow Towsner's enemy stamp... :)
	(I look suspiciously at K2) How did you know that?  Have you been
spying on me?  That's the only way you could have known...you must have
been spying on me.  Since there are clearly hidden cameras of some sort
hidden in my home, I change the description to the following:
"else...if's home is a pile of rubble where his house used to be before he
destroyed it in an insane rage.  There are various construction equipment
scattered around, including a large crane and a bulldozer.  In one corner
is a rock with a sleeping bag on it, where else...if is living during the
construction."  Ha.  That'll teach you to spy on me.

- -- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	No iron can stab the heart with such force as a period put just at
the right place.
	-Isaac Babel

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 14:16:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: a question?

> Ok my proposal # 2617 has a bunch of weird =20 thingies in it.  I
> blame this on my lame e-mail program, as I didn't type them, but was
> wondering if they effected the proposal enough for me to withdraw it
> and resubmit it a bit less messed up.  ( I don't really expect it to
> pass, but I figured more opinions were needed) also I am planning to
> find a new program to do mail on as this one seems to suck @$$.

My preference would be for you to retract it, but then it's not my
score.

Your email program (whatever you wind up using) ought to have an
option to allow you to turn off MIME encoding. That, I think, would
prevent this from happening....

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:31:05 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: I have an Offer

> In other words, people, if you use a Go Fish card you have to get my
A$499
> back from /dev/joe, I will then pay you A$150.  Guaranteed.
> 
> Yours,
> Slakko

Since no one else as yet done so, I play my Go Fish card on the Share Your
Income card /dev/joe played on Slakko.
I believe this makes me the first Qualifying Recipient, since Slakko's
attempt failed.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:34:03 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz

> >I heff completed beeldeeng Valaraukar from et's bluepreent, end et iz
now
> >tranzverred to else...if!
> 	Yeah!  I accept it if neccessary (though I don't think it is)
> and...um...does anyone have any idea what it does?
> 
> -- --
> -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and
Yilran
> 
Bwuhahahaha! Who do you zink vill tell you vat Valaraukar iz cepeble of?
Zose foolz et ze Ecedemy? Ba! No mere mortal iz fit to comprehend ze
magnifizenze of Valaraukar!

Rex Mundi!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:40:13 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The final *ping* of my reign

I'm afraid I've made an awfully big mistake here. I was just about to post
the *ping*ing of the machine for today when I realised that I failed to do
so on Monday. That's my second stupid mistake in a week as far as *ping*
goes. It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that I have weighter
matters to research, such as the shape of the Earth, which incidentally, I
am almost sure is not flat, round or hemispherical but almost certainly
banna. I hereby give A$5 to else...if and A$15 to Slakko to make up for the
money they spent on magic letters which they were unable to use. I think I
really am playing to many sub-games at the moment: ex-scholar, involved in
three duels recently, currently winning viruses, started the game of
fictionary, also playing mediocrity; so when are GAD & YORL starting up
again? :-) I've still got a phoebe post to make too. Finally, for those
that are interested the truth was:

IF AND ONLY IF today is Monday, Thursday or Christmas Eve or the 
scholar wishes it to THEN the Machine That Goes *ping* shall go *ping*.

The Gingham Wearer, no longer scholar of *ping*.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #479
*******************************