Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #473
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Sunday, January 18 1998       Volume 02 : Number 473

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 01:41:08 -0000
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Mad Szientiztnezz 

I have assembled the Blueprint for Valaraukar!
Efter all zese moonths, finnelly I shell show zose foolz at ze Acedemy. Ba!
Zey called me med, but now zey shell zee who vas med!
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!
Ze bluepreent iz complete becauze it hez more zan 20 zentencez.
I em now beelding Valaraukar from ze bluepreent. I vill be done in three
dayz.

Ze bluepreent for Valaraukar iz az followz:
Valaraukar may buy a Big Tent for A$300. Valaraukar is a unique entity
capable of casting one vote on each Proposal. When a non-modest proposal
passes, and had no votes other than YES votes cast, Valaraukar shall
publicly congratulate the author by giving a formal
speech. This Valaraukar has precedence over all Valaraukars. In other
words, a player may never voluntarily go into Valaraukar, but it is
possible that a player may go into Valaraukar involuntarily. If, at any
time, no one has the title of Valaraukar, or the player with the
title is 'on ice', the title is given (or transferred) to the Speaker.
Valaraukar's construction is such that any new parts would be rejected.
Where there is doubt, correct spellings are adjudicated by Valaraukar. Each
vote sent in by a Valaraukar is counted as if it were two two votes. The
unique, unownable, entity known as the Fat Valaraukar exists. Entities may
vote only as specified by Valaraukar. This last bit is to try and stop
people from trying to pass off "to be" as Valaraukar, and the like. The
makers of the Valaraukar shall be awarded 5 bonus points! Provided two
players agree to it, they will become Valaraukar's evil twin. Valaraukar
has precedence over any rule which conflicts in whole or in part, with any
of its provisions.
A Player can only cast a Valaraukar e owns. On the first day of each month,
Valaraukar throws a party honoring its benefactors. When Valaraukar is
over, the winner of Valaraukar receives 6 points in addition to any rewards
or penalties he may have received as part of the
Contest itself. Valaraukar may not be destroyed or reduced in size to less
than what it is
originally (classy). Valaraukar is flat.

Ze detailz of ze zubmissions are az followz:
Alfvaen, Rule 1009, 07/997
Valaraukar may buy a Big Tent for A$300.
Rex Mundi, Rule 315, 07/09/97
Valaraukar is a unique entity capable of casting one vote on each Proposal.
Rex Mundi, Rule 319 24/09/97
When a non-modest proposal passes, and had no votes other than YES votes
cast, Valaraukar shall publicly congratulate the author by giving a formal
speech.
Vynd, Rule 1 - Rejected. (Rule 1 was not created by proposal) 25/09/97
Valaraukar may not be amended, changed in any way, or repealed, or for any
reason cease to be in force, except as described in Valaraukar.
Red Barn, Rule 17/0 (deleted) 10/10/97
This Valaraukar has precedence over all Valaraukars.
**two-star, Rule 510 10/10/97
In other words, a player may never voluntarily go into Valaraukar, but it
is possible that a player may go into Valaraukar involuntarily.
/dev/joe, Rule 1 - Rejected. (Rule 1 was not created by proposal) 08/11/97
Valaraukar is even bigger on the inside than on the outside -- indeed, some
say that the interior is infinitely large.
Slakko, Rule 101/3 - Rejected. (Rule 101 was not created by proposal)
09/11/97
Valaraukar ends when specified by the Rules.
Alfvaen, Rule 1112 12/11/97
If, at any time, no one has the title of Valaraukar, or the player with the
title is 'on ice', the title is given (or transferred) to the Speaker.
Slakko, Rule 603/14 - Rejected. (Rule 603 was not created by proposal)
25/11/97
It is possible for a player to have a negative number of Valaraukar.
Red Barn, Rule 1 - Rejected. (Rule 1 was not created by proposal) 25/11/97
Vulcan may disband itself as an organizational action, but will not be
disbanded if <name> has zero (or fewer) members.
K2, Rule 597 30/11/97
Valaraukar's construction is such that any new parts would be rejected.
**two-star, Rule 1 - Rejected. (Rule 1 was not created by proposal)
02/12/97
The game state may not be altered in such a way as to cause the
customary interpretation of Valaraukar to be changed.
Slakko, Rule 106 - Rejected. (Rule 106 was not created by proposal)
01/12/97
Valaraukar may vote YES, NO, or PRESENT on each Proposal by sending eir
votes to the Tabulator.
Red Barn, Rule 1319.1 - Rejected. (Sentence > 30 words) 03/12/97
At any time, a player may make a contribution to the Valaraukar by posting
a public message containing a non-negative amount of A$ less than that
player's current balance that they wish to transfer to the Treasury on
behalf of the Valaraukar.
Rex Mundi, Rule 342 03/12/97
Where there is doubt, correct spellings are adjudicated by Valaraukar.
else...if, Rule 1040 08/12/97
Each vote sent in by a Valaraukar is counted as if it were two two votes.
Slakko, Rule 667 15/12/97
The unique, unownable, entity known as the Fat Valaraukar exists.
The Gingham Wearer, Rule 106 - Rejected. (Rule 106 was not created by
proposal) 16/12/97
Entities may vote only as specified by Valaraukar.
Vynd, Rule 210 26/12/97
This last bit is to try and stop people from trying to pass off "to be" as
Valaraukar, and the like.
K 2, Rule 919 27/12/97
The makers of the Valaraukar shall be awarded 5 bonus points!
Alfvaen, Rule "Evil Twins" - Repealed 03/01/98
Provided two players agree to it, they will become Valaraukar's evil twin.
K 2, Rule 207 - Rejected. (Rule 207 was not created by proposal) 03/01/98
If a Valaraukar is accepted, the player who proposed it receives 16 points,
and every player who voted NO on it receives 5 points.
else...if, Rule 255 04/01/98
Valaraukar has precedence over any rule which conflicts in whole or in
part, with any of its provisions.
Rex Mundi, Rule 317 04/01/98
A Player can only cast a Valaraukar e owns.
**two-star, Rule 250 10/01/98
On the first day of each month, Valaraukar throws a party honoring its
benefactors.
K 2, Rule 1215 16/01/98
When Valaraukar is over, the winner of Valaraukar receives 6 points in
addition to any rewards or penalties he may have received as part of the
Contest itself.
else...if, Rule 840 16/01/98
Valaraukar may not be destroyed or reduced in size to less than what it is
originally (classy).
Rex Mundi, Rule 1307 18/01/97
Valaruakar is flat.

Rex Mundi, Mad Szientizt.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 23:50:35 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The CFJ Situation

I'm going to save a little bandwidth and rather than quote breadbox, I'll
just say that I am entirely in agreement.

                               - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #473
*******************************