Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #391
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Wednesday, December 3 1997      Volume 02 : Number 391

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 00:12:48 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: INP 352

Acka votes yes on INP 352 by a 5-0 vote.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:16:07 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Oh, Yeah, I Forgot

A couple of days ago, a guy named Darien Large <[email-masked]> asked to
be signed on as an observer.  I did, then, but forgot to mention it to
anyone else.  So everybody wave!  (But necessarily as a public action...)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--The Nits:Hat
Current Book--TesseractsQ
The Salmon Of Correction:  A useful creature for whapping those who annoy you.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 00:37:46 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Ackanomic: Liaison Change

Balsamic Dragon <[email-masked]> is elected 
new Ackanomic Ambassador/Internomic Liaison.

Balsamic Dragon: 9 votes
Niccolo Flychuck: 3 votes

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 23:06:09 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Parka

> > I am giving The Parka to Vulcan.

> I approve this action, assumimg I need too.
> If not, oh well, I'll never get the gist of those
> overly byzantine org rules :-)

Actually, it's in the entity rules that gift entities don't
need to be accepted.  How byzantine can you get?  :-)

> > Soon to be a member of the only party with a head?
> > Maybe we can give it pointy ears too. :-)

Obviously Vulcan needs to give the Parka to the Cult of Odo on
the Wormhole(unless Slakko's been accepted as a member...)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Chris de Burgh:The Vision
Current Book--TesseractsQ
Take a fantastic multimedia voyage inside your own body!

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 23:22:58 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: December Salaries

Almost forgot these.  Also, I may be mistaken, but the Spelling
Exchequer doesn't have a salary, does it?

Dec 01 12:00 EST: +35 A$ Malenkai: salary - speaker 35
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ breadbox: salary - promoter 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Alfvaen: salary - web-harfer 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ breadbox: salary - tabulator 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Malenkai: salary - count tabula 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Alfvaen: salary - registrar 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Alfvaen: salary - scorekeeper 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Alfvaen: salary - financier 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Malenkai: salary - clerk of the court 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Vynd: salary - CSRR 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ breadbox: salary - postmaster 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ two-star: salary - map-harfer 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Alfvaen: salary - undead-harfer 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Alfvaen: salary - bond-harfer 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Malenkai: salary - trinket-harfer 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +1 autosculp Malenkai: salary - treasure-harfer 25
Dec 01 12:00 EST: +25 A$ Slakko: salary - chess-umpire 25

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--The Nits:The Bauhaus Chair
Current Book--TesseractsQ
I have a learner's permit to kill.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:58:02 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: End of Cycle

> > k) The cycle was not won by points, so this section is ignored.

> What about the previous cycle, even assuming the round ended?  I didn't
> think there had been a point win lately, so this would sent the MN down to
> the smallest prime larger than 342, i.e. 347.

> Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick about the previous round.

No, I believe that the last cycle was, in fact, won by points, by Malenkai.
But I had forgotten to check it, so you're right that far.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Loreena McKennitt:Elemental
Current Book--TesseractsQ
Keep reading until your glasses prescription changes.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 22:30:21 -0800
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: November news

Did all of the newspapers prin an issue in November? I know that The
HTML Standard, The Big White Gazette, and The Rex Times all did, but I
don't know about the newer ones.

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 23:35:25 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Awards

In the waning hours of my time as President(I believe my term expires
20:45 Ackatime Dec 3), I award some well-earned medals to a pair of
outstanding Ackanomians.

Firstly, ThinMan's recent string of proposals has brought em up
to a Blue Cross Rank of 50, for which e earns another Silver Stripe.

Secondly, my own "Electrolux" proposal has brought me up to a rank of
60, which means I finally get a Gold Stripe, and am now an Officer of
the Blue Cross.

Whee!  That was fun.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Chris de Burgh:The Ballroom of Romance
Current Book--TesseractsQ
Let the llama look down the lift shaft.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:52:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Barry Mitchum <[email-masked]>
Subject: heads

Well,

I thought I read somewhere that a playr can an extra head added, but
no more tha one extra head do to weight and balance restrictions. So,
what I want to know is:

What happens if a player has an extra head and is the possesor of the
Bellden's Parka on a thursday?

Call me curious,

Pete St. Peat

or you could just call me Barry Mitchum

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:12:12 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka;: mr cwm returns and the chronicles of Odo

I think this message is just in time to make a Slakko a member of Odo on
the Wormhole.
If Slakko is indeed a member then Odo is a member and I suggest the
following public action - transform Odo into a Church.
If for some reason Slakko is not a member then I propose the following
public action - Odo on the Wormhole accepts Slakko as a member.

Niccolo flychuck
Founder of Odo on the Wormhole

- ---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mr cwm
To: [email-masked]

I return from vacation.  Sorry I'm a day late, but my wife bought a house
yesterday.  I guess I should have let her get that couch she wanted.

I approve Slakko's application to the Church of Odo on the Wormhole.

Neat Parka thing!

- ------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:29:24 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka : MetaMorph public action - query the Patch again

As we have not heard back from the Pumpkin Patch, and since it has now
become unambigously legal for the to become members of MetaMorph, I
propose the following Public Action:
MetaMorph will accept Pumpkin Patch as a member of MetaMorph pending the
consent of the Pumpkin Patch.

I also propose the following Public Action:
Purchase a Trade License.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 02:36:50 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: heads

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Barry Mitchum wrote:

> Well,
> 
> 
> 
> I thought I read somewhere that a playr can an extra head added, but
> no more tha one extra head do to weight and balance restrictions. So,
> what I want to know is:
> 
> 
> 
> What happens if a player has an extra head and is the possesor of the
> Bellden's Parka on a thursday?
> 
> 
> 
> Call me curious,
> 
> Pete St. Peat

Well, I don't think anyone really knows.  The most likely possibility is
that the attempt to gain another head will fail.  Due to the rather
unusual nature in which the Beldin's Pants rule is amended, even the
people who make the amendments often don't know what effect they will
have.

                                    - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 07:41:03 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: November news

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, **Alexandre Muniz wrote:

> Did all of the newspapers prin an issue in November? I know that The
> HTML Standard, The Big White Gazette, and The Rex Times all did, but I
> don't know about the newer ones.

You must have missed the message from The Infrequent Ackan.  I did send
it, you know.

Also available on the Web at
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/Acka/infrequent.html

Yours,
Slakko
- --
Duncan "" Richer aka
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 07:44:52 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Innocent(With An Explanation)

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> However, considering that this has a fair bit to do with being informed
> on Monday morning that I didn't have a job anymore, I'm sure you can all
> understand.  (Yesterday I just somehow wasn't in the moon, and today was
> a combination of that and the fact that I was busy dropping off resumes.)

I'm sure all of Acka is behind you until you get another job.  I know I
am.

Yours,
Slakko
- --
Duncan "" Richer aka
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:33:04 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka : G&C proposal

In accordacne with section V or R1250.1 "Games and Contests" I am
proposing
that the following game be added to the G&C Rule Suite

G&C proposal
Nabi Chess

Max. number of players:2. minimum number of players:2.
Referees:none

Equipment:

10x10 board
columns are labeled a-j
rows are labeled 1-10
The line seperating row 5 and row 6 is called the equator. 
Rows 5 and 6 are adjacent to the equator.

Each player has the following pieces, in the qunatities denoted next to
their names

Pieces:
Qt. Piece
1 King  (K)  A king may move one square in any direction.

1 Queen, standard Queen, moves either as a Bishop or a Rook, except that 
to cross the Equator, either its starting square or it destination square
must be 
adjacent to the Equator.

2 Nabi - Similar to PartyChess Nabi, only shorter. Possible moves:
      a. Move two diagonally and then 1 either vertically or horizontally
      b. If there's a piece next to it, and the next square in the same
         direction as the piece is vacant, it can skip to that next          
	 square. Nabi can't capture using this move. (it presents
         an interesting opening move)

2 Camel - moves  3 in on direction, 
	and 1 in perpendicual direction. may skip over pieces.

2 Bishop - moves in a any single diagonal direction, anydistance 
	    provided all squares between
            its starting square and its destination square are unoccupied

2 Rook - moves in any single horizontal or vertical direction, any number
of 
         squares, provided all squares between its starting square and
destination
         square are unoccupied

2 Archer - similar to PartyChess archer, only shorter. 
	a. Move - n=1,2,3 squares either vertically or horizontally. 
		Then 3-n squares in a direction perpendicular to the first
		leg.
	b. Capture - distance capture. Can capture a piece that's up to
three 
	   squares distant in either horizontal or vertical
	   direction, provided all intervening squares vacant.
	c. Placement - an Archer can be placed at most once on any
unoccupied 
	   square on one of the first two rows. (1,2 for White, 9,10 for
	   Black) Placement is a turn. 
	d. Archer can't cross the Equator, and can only capture on the
same 
	   side of the Equator.

2 Jester - Moves up to two squares in any diagonal directional. May
        skip over intervening pieces. It may not cross the equator, 
        and may not Capture pieces on the other side of the Equator.
        initially it is not on the board. 
     Placement - a Jester  can be placed at most once on any unoccupied 
	   square on one of the first two rows. (1,2 for White, 9,10 for
	   Black) Placement is a turn

10 Pawns - initially the same as standard chess pawns. 
        A pawn can move on towards the opponent's side.
        it can only capture by moving one step digonally.
        Each pawn's first move can be a double move, that is two
	squares forward  instead of one.
	crossed the equator it 
	can also move one square horizontally to either side.
 	When a pawn reaches the last row it can promote to one 
	of the following:Q,B,R,C,M

Initial setup

RCMBQKBMCR
PPPPPPPPPP

pppppppppp
rcmbqkbmcr

Each player also has two jesters and two archers which are initially not
on 
the board, but may be placed later.

All pieces for which Capture has not been specified, capture the same way
they move. 

Playing the Game:
One player is picked to be the  starting player, either by agreement
between 
both player, or randomly. This player shall be known as the White player.
The other player shall be known as the Black player.
Players alternate turns.
On eir turn a player may make exactly one move with exactly one piece.
Once a player has posted eir move, the other player's turn begins. 
From the begining of a turn a player has three days to post eir move, 
if e fails to do so e forfeits eir move.
A player(or eir king) is checked if eir king is atacked by one of more of
the 
other's player's pieces. It is a legal for a player to make a play that
will 
result in eir king  being or remaining checked.
A player is mated if it is eir turn and e has no legal move that will
result in
eir king not being checked.
When a player is mated e loses the game, and the other player wins the
game.
When one player makes a move which puts the other player in a state of
check
or mate, e must anounce this fact when e makes the move.
A player may resign the game. A player may resign by suggeting posting a
message
to the effect thathe'd like to resign, if the other player accepts then
the 
resigning player loses the game, and the other player wins the game.
A player who is left with no pieces other than the king, loses the game.
A player who is left with no pieces other King, Jesters and Archers, while 
the other player's King on the opposite side of the equator, loses the
game.

Special moves:
Castling - a player who has not yet moved eir king, and at least one
of eir rooks, and has not been checked yet, may castle eir kingm procided 
that all squares between the king and the yet unmoved rook are unoccupied.
A castling is done as following. The king is moved towards the rook to the 
square adjacent to the rook, and then the rook leaps over the king to the
to the other square adjacent to the king.

Draws:
When exactly the same position has been repeated three times- the game is
a draw  no one wins.
If both players have no pieces other than king, jesters and archers, and
each player's king is on eir own side of the equator, then the game is a
draw -  no one wins.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:52:27 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Subers?

By now everyone should have seen some version or other of my Suber
proposal.  Before I resubmit it for the umpteenth time, one quick
question:

Who wants the winning rules reorganised so that they each give you 20
Subers, and 20 Subers is a win?

Yours,
Slakko

- --
Duncan "" Richer aka
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:14:59 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The Infrequent Ackan Vol 1, No 2

Volume 1, Issue 2
December 3, 1997
In this issue:
1. Editorial
2. Latest Ackanomic News, straight from the Horse's Mouth
3. The Chess Page
 
Editorial
Welcome to the second issue of The Infrequent Ackan. This issue is being
sent out for one reason in particular: the Editor is bored.  Game play
seems to have slowed down somewhat in the past week, a side effect no
doubt of the confusion over the cycle number (and thus over whether a win
actually occurred).  While no doubt things will return to their normal
hectic pace once CFJs 474 and 475 have gone through their appeals process,
in the mean time settle back and enjoy the latest instalment of this
humble paper.
Slakko
Editor, The Infrequent Ackan

Latest Ackanomic News
By Slakko
Deuce Reporter, Infrequent Ackan
As we reported in our last issue, the SPAM Political Party was behind
attempts to affect Rule 1.  It appears that they have succeeded, at least
for now.  We apologise for last week's error, when 2392 and 2393 were
incorrectly stated to be the appropriate proposals.  They were, instead,
2388 and 2389.  Nonetheless, these two proposals passed, claiming to
enable the last paragraph of Rule 1 to be rendered null and void.
This claim immediately provoked a CFJ from /dev/joe, one of the
ringleaders of the original Rule 1 fiasco.  As an Evil Overlord of
Ackanomic (retired), /dev/joe has a strong self-interest in ensuring that
the prized position Rule 1 now enjoys within the ruleset remains
untouched.  The staff here at The Infrequent Ackan were, frankly,
expecting this turn of events, however we were not sure of the outcome.
The initial judgement of CFJ 477 went in favour of the SPAM Party's
beliefs, with /dev/joe's claims struck out.  At this stage, though, there
is still the opportunity for an appeal, so SPAM cannot yet rest on its
laurels.
Last week The Infrequent Ackan reported the "win" stunt pulled on Beldin's
Pants.  Both CFJ's submitted which claimed a cycle win did not occur were
initially ruled FALSE, one by Alfvaen (himself one of the people looking
for a win), and the other by Balsamic Dragon.  Both of these rulings have
since been appealed to the Supreme Court.  As the proceedings are sub
judice currently, The Infrequent Ackan will make no further comment.
In other Ackan news, the Brass Monkey bellowed earlier this week.  Acka
benefitted from a 12-proposal Chrome Streak, the first since this reporter
started perusing the tangled web that is Acka.  As a result, 15 bonus
points were awarded to both of Slakko and Malenkai, with 5 points each to
ThinMan and Niccolo Flychuck.  We were going to interview the Brass Monkey
for that special insight into the Chrome Streak, but he was not in his
usual abode when this reporter stopped by.  Maybe he needed that gargle
too

The Chess Page
By Slakko
Chess-Umpire
Party Chess experienced a flurry of moves last week, with four players
submitting legal non-trivial moves within the space of four hours.  At the
other end of the scale though, no non-trivial moves have been made since
that Friday night / Saturday morning run.  The most amazing thing about
the sequence of moves was that the Free-For-All has been written into the
ruleset, but did not need to be used to achieve this remarkable condition.
However, current player opinion appears to be against having a
Free-For-All at this stage.  The Chess-Umpire has only received the
responses of three Swingers, two of whom are ambivalent, and one who is
against.
So, for those following Party Chess, a quick look at the current state of
play:
1. /dev/joe is still taking the Vulcan pieces to greater heights, passing
a weight of 100 a couple of turns ago, and reaching what is believed to be
an all-time high of 102.5 with his last move.  Will this spark a combined
counter-attack from the other players, or will e be allowed to continue
his long-time domination of Party Chess? Wait and see
2. Red Barn, as the NAP player, has kept eir Office in second place
despite Passing on eir last move.  How long can this state of affairs
last?
3. Slakko and Alfvaen have been involving their Party Swinger Offices in
some start-up moves in the last few weeks.  Right now Alfvaen has the
weight lead, but Slakko deliberately reduced his weight in his last move.
Why? 
4. Niccolo Flychuck has been piecing a strategy together or so eir moves
suggest, but e has yet to stick his King on board.
5. Karma has yet to submit a move as HARF Party Swinger.  Any reasons,
Karma?
Happy Party Chessing!

The Infrequent Ackan, first to you with Ackan news.
Copyright  Duncan Richer aka Slakko, 3/12/97.
Check us out on the web, at
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/Acka/infrequent.html

- --
Duncan "" Richer aka
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 02:14:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: December Salaries

> Almost forgot these.  Also, I may be mistaken, but the Spelling
> Exchequer doesn't have a salary, does it?

No. Optional Offices typically have no salary, and I didn't see any
reason why this should be an exception.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 13:38:27 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka : G&C proposal

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Uri Bruck wrote:

> In accordacne with section V or R1250.1 "Games and Contests" I am
> proposing
> that the following game be added to the G&C Rule Suite
> 
> G&C proposal
> Nabi Chess

This does not specify whether captures are as in shogi or as in chess.
While for most pieces you have not given a placement option, the existence
of such for Jesters and Archers indicates that it is not impossible to
believe these could be permanent paratroops.  I believe this should be
made clear.

Therefore at this stage I feel I cannot heartily endorse this event or
product. (Should we add "The Simpsons" to the Literatue List if it isn't
already there?)
 --
Duncan "this is an arm, drawn by nobody.  It is worth nothing" Richer aka
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:11:32 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Liaison Change

Yay!  More on my ambassadorial goals after I confer with the previous
ambassador...

- ----------
> From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
> To: Ackanomic <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Ackanomic: Liaison Change
> Date: Wednesday, December 03, 1997 12:37 AM
> 
> Balsamic Dragon <[email-masked]> is elected 
> new Ackanomic Ambassador/Internomic Liaison.
> 
> Balsamic Dragon: 9 votes
> Niccolo Flychuck: 3 votes

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 08:22:14 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka : G&C proposal

Slakko wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Uri Bruck wrote:
> 
> > In accordacne with section V or R1250.1 "Games and Contests" I am
> > proposing that the following game be added to the G&C Rule Suite
> > 
> > G&C proposal
> > Nabi Chess
> 
> This does not specify whether captures are as in shogi or as in chess.
> While for most pieces you have not given a placement option, the existence
> of such for Jesters and Archers indicates that it is not impossible to
> believe these could be permanent paratroops.  I believe this should be
> made clear.
> 
> Therefore at this stage I feel I cannot heartily endorse this event or
> product.

It has some other problems as well, including that it is legal for a
player to make a move that causes his king to become or remain in check.
Surely Niccolo meant "illegal".  A couple sentences are missing enough
words that they just barely make sense, the most notable being the one
describing the pawn move after it has crossed the equator.

I also do not approve this game, but Niccolo, please clean up these
problems and let the spelling exchequer have a shot at it, and then
resubmit this game, which looks like a fine concept under the assorted
minor errors.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:03:27 -0500 (EST)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Rule 340 Auction 2

> > Runestone of Jukkasjarvi Fragment 23 is being auctioned
> > in a public auction.
> > 
> I bid A$ 1 for Runestone of Jukkasjarvi Fragment 23.

  I bid A$ 0!

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<[email-masked]><[email-masked]> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Visit rec.games.video.classic and find out about Pac-Man's contemporaries!
It's still paranoia, even if they really are out to get you.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 08:32:02 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Yet Another Observer

And now we have yet another fellow who has evinced an interest in
watching the proceedings of this grand game of Ackanomic.  His name
is Allen Gaminde, and his email address is [email-masked].  Maybe
if we make things look interesting he could join us later.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Neil Diamond:Mr. Bojangles
Current Book--TesseractsQ
Opinions are like armpits--yours is warm and secure, everyone else's stink.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 08:35:22 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka : MetaMorph public action - query the Patch again

> As we have not heard back from the Pumpkin Patch, and since it has now
> become unambigously legal for the to become members of MetaMorph, I
> propose the following Public Action:

> MetaMorph will accept Pumpkin Patch as a member of MetaMorph pending the
> consent of the Pumpkin Patch.

Sure.

> I also propose the following Public Action:
> Purchase a Trade License.

Sure.  Trying to get the Synod moving again, eh?  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Neil Diamond:Mr. Bojangles
Current Book--TesseractsQ
C is for Clair who wasted away, D is for Desmond thrown out of the sleigh.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 08:39:19 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Not Subscribed

Perhaps our Postmaster can confirm this, but as far as I can tell,
Michael Wren is not subscribed to any Ackanomic mailing lists at the
moment.  I'm not sure if e can be revived from the game summarily for
this, or if we'd have to go through a CFCJ or R257 thing, but I thought
I'd bring it up, since e just recently became an active player.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Neil Diamond:Mr. Bojangles
Current Book--TesseractsQ
Tonight's the night--sleep in a eucalyptus tree!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:43:23 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Subers?

> By now everyone should have seen some version or other of my Suber
> proposal.  Before I resubmit it for the umpteenth time, one quick
> question:
> 
> Who wants the winning rules reorganised so that they each give you 20
> Subers, and 20 Subers is a win?
> 
>Theory -- Cambridge University
>

My big problem with this proposal is the word Subers.  Can't we change it
to something more interesting?

Balsamic Dragon, who is sure that this is the last thing that Slakko needs
to hear...

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:47:58 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Not Subscribed

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> Perhaps our Postmaster can confirm this, but as far as I can tell,
> Michael Wren is not subscribed to any Ackanomic mailing lists at the
> moment.  I'm not sure if e can be revived from the game summarily for
> this, or if we'd have to go through a CFCJ or R257 thing, but I thought
> I'd bring it up, since e just recently became an active player.

I thought the only thing that happened was that e has committed a Crime by
doing so.  There's nothing to stop him rejoining AFAIK.

Yours,
Slakko
- --
Duncan "" Richer aka
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:52:12 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Subers?

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Vivian Norwood wrote:

> My big problem with this proposal is the word Subers.  Can't we change it
> to something more interesting?

But surely you can see that Acka lacks any kind of real lasting tribute to
the great man who invented Nomic.  This way Peter Suber gets the credit he
deserves for bringing this delightful game to our attention.

- --
Duncan "" Richer aka
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:54:47 -0600
From: AARON KEESLER <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Subers?

Personally, I think we should call them Fortunatos.  Anybody with me on
this?

>----------
>From: 	Duncan Richer[SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 	Wednesday, December 03, 1997 9:52 AM
>To: 	[email-masked]
>Subject: 	Re: Acka: Subers?
>
>On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Vivian Norwood wrote:
>
>> My big problem with this proposal is the word Subers.  Can't we change it
>> to something more interesting?
>
>But surely you can see that Acka lacks any kind of real lasting tribute to
>the great man who invented Nomic.  This way Peter Suber gets the credit he
>deserves for bringing this delightful game to our attention.
>
>--
>Duncan "" Richer aka
>Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
>Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
>
>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:57:25 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Subers?

> 
> > My big problem with this proposal is the word Subers.  Can't we change
it
> > to something more interesting?
> 
> But surely you can see that Acka lacks any kind of real lasting tribute
to
> the great man who invented Nomic.  This way Peter Suber gets the credit
he
> deserves for bringing this delightful game to our attention.
> 

Oh.  Um,... I knew that...

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:20:23 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Portrait Gallery and Hall of Elders

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BCFFDD.72784070
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

> 
> The Portrait Gallery has a lot of empty space on its walls, so would
> welcome ... portraits.
> 
> -mr cwm
> 
> 
I finally found a dragon picture I like for my portrait (after much
searching), here it is.

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BCFFDD.72784070
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Myth013.gif"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Description: Myth013.gif (GIF Image)
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Myth013.gif"

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BCFFDD.72784070--

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #391
*******************************