Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #366
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Friday, November 14 1997       Volume 02 : Number 366

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:30:13 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Boon Determination

> Dice rolls requested by: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
> # I am using the dice server to determine /dev/joe's boon from the 
> # based on the following (using a 100 sided die):
> # 81-87: ancient relic (trinket worth A$75)
>      85

My ancient relic is the Orb of Aldur. Its description is:

The Orb of Aldur is a rounded but slightly oblong rock, about
3 inches along its longest axis, which possesses a strange
intelligence imbued into it by Aldur himself, and it usually
glows with a faint blue light, though it sometimes shines
a very bright blue, and once every few millenia when it is
very angry it glows red.  It babbles, to those capable of
hearing it.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 07:09:11 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal Errors

I made some slight errors in 2370 and 2371

I hereby retract Proposal 2370.
I hereby retract Proposal 2371.
I joined the game on October 25 1997, and so I am still within my 3 week
new player limit, and hence avoid any retraction penalty.

Yours,
Slakko
- --
Duncan C. Richer -- aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother -- Now Really Lost!
Queens' College  -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory --  Cambridge University
"Equipment malfunction." "Well, whack it." -- Obscure P&TB Quote
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <-- Imperial Nomic Game 27

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 07:14:52 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Rebellion Completion

I urge all rebels to vote YES on 2363 and 2369.  These are the first two
parts of the grand scheme.  2370 and 2371 were supposed to be the final
two parts, but a precedence error meant that they had to be retracted.
The real proposals should be coming along shortly (probably numbered 2372
and 2373, but we don't know that yet).  I urge you to vote YES on all four
proposals - this is the shortest way (that I can see) to get around the
very tight restrictions Rule 1 places on the game.

Yours,
Slakko
- --
Duncan C. Richer -- aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother -- Now Really Lost!
Queens' College  -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory --  Cambridge University
"Equipment malfunction." "Well, whack it." -- Obscure P&TB Quote
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <-- Imperial Nomic Game 27

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 07:35:08 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rebellion Completion

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Duncan Richer wrote:

> I urge all rebels to vote YES on 2363 and 2369.  These are the first two
> parts of the grand scheme.  2370 and 2371 were supposed to be the final
> two parts, but a precedence error meant that they had to be retracted.
> The real proposals should be coming along shortly (probably numbered 2372
> and 2373, but we don't know that yet).  I urge you to vote YES on all four
> proposals - this is the shortest way (that I can see) to get around the
> very tight restrictions Rule 1 places on the game.

The Promoter has spoken.  So, for the sake of the Rebellion, please vote:

YES on 2363
YES on 2369
YES on 2372
YES on 2373

and end the grip of Rule 1.

Yours,
Slakko-lately-of-the-Rebellion-even-though-it-exists-no-longer
- --
Duncan C. Richer -- aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother -- Now Really Lost!
Queens' College  -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory --  Cambridge University
"Equipment malfunction." "Well, whack it." -- Obscure P&TB Quote
http://dcr24..quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <-- Imperial Nomic Game 27

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:52:13 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2364

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Duncan Richer wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Uri Bruck wrote:
> 
> > I strongly object to this proposal, and will shortly return from Vacation
> > so I can vote against it.  I have a few of objections:
> > 1. See Malenkai's objection above. 
> > 2. The Weight Scheme is not an arbitrarily chosen formula.
> > 3. The Weight Scheme has game effects, such as Swingpoint distribution.
> 
> Yes the Weight Scheme has game effects, but Swingpoint distribution itself
> would be unaffected (i.e. this has no capacity to significantly change the
> number of swingpoints issued - the person with the largest weight will
> still only get NoS - 1.  Besides, if no-one in Party Chess has any
> objections, why should the people not playing the game worry over the
> weights?

The total number of Swingpoints would remain the same, but their
distribution among Swingers could be affected. And anyway, not only
Swingers have an interest in Party Chess. There are spectators, and
anything with game effects potentially has some interest for most players.

Niccolo Flychuck

> 
> I admit that the proposal, as specified, is severely lacking - hence I
> retracted it.  However, if there was a way of avoiding the loophole
> surfing principles inherent, then I don't see what the problem would be
> anymore.
> 
> Yours,
> Chess-Umpire Slakko
> - --
> Duncan C. Richer -- aka Slakkothe Lost Warner Brother -- Now Really Lost!
> Queens' College  -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory --  Cambridge University
> "Equipment malfunction." "Well, whack it." -- Obscure P&TB Quote
> http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <-- Imperial Nomic Game 27
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:55:20 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka : voting results for proposal 2355

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Brian Raiter wrote:

> > I just looked at the voting results for proposal 2355.
> > I remember voting for this proposal, and my vote should have been counted,
> > just as it was for 2353.
> > 
> > breadbox, please recheck your records.
> 
> Proposal 2355 was announced on Wed 5 Nov 1997 13:30:29. I received
> four votes from you after that time, none of them for 2355. Perhaps
> you are thinking of 2354 (which was retracted hours after you voted on
> it)?
> 

I guess that could be the cause for my confusion.
OK, I'll resubmit it.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:54:19 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Questions and Suggestions

Who was the "youngest" Swinger as at 26th October 1997?  Does anyone know?

I also have a suggestion for my Party SPAM.

I suggest that SPAM adopt the following charter:

I. First Part of The Charter of SPAM
This is the Charter of SPAM.  No other document is SPAM's charter.  This
document may be modified by the unanimous vote of all members of SPAM.  If
ever SPAM contains zero members, this Charter will self-destruct.

II. SPAM's Goals
SPAM has the goal of enforcing justice and eliminating Crime in a humorous
way.

III. SPAM's Methods
If a member of SPAM submits a CFCJ against a non-member of SPAM, then, if
SPAM has A$20, it will transfer A$20 to the player submitting the CFCJ to
compensate them for the court fee.  If SPAM does not have A$20, then it
will levy the minimum possible fee per member in Ackadollars such that
each member capable of paying does so (no member shall be forced to pay
more Ackadollars than they have), and that after the fee SPAM will have
at least A$20, A$20 of which will then be transferred to the CFCJ
submitter.

IV. End of Charter
This is the last part of the Charter of SPAM.

Yours,
Slakko

Duncan C. Richer -- aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother -- Now Really Lost!
Queens' College  -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory --  Cambridge University
"Equipment malfunction." "Well, whack it." -- Obscure P&TB Quote
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <-- Imperial Nomic Game 27

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:17:56 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: retraction

Having thought better of it already, I hereby retract proposal 2368.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 09:07:26 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: An interesting story

14.  The Fat Lady and the Brass Monkey were hanging at the Tower of
Bandwidth one day.  The Monkey said to the Fat Lady, "I'll bet
you an Amber Banana that you cannot guess the age of my three brothers,
who all happen to be celebrating birthdays today".
    "I'm hungry", said the Fat Lady, "bet I can.".
    "Ok", said the Monkey to the Fat Lady, "start singing when you know,
here are your clues:

    The sum of their ages is 13.
    The product of their ages is the same as your age.
    My eldest brother's age divides evenly into the sum of his
weight and the number of times I have climed the Tower of Futility."

    "I know them!", shrieked the Fat Lady, in a shrill, off key voice.
"Pay up my Banana!  ... You don't have anything else to munch on, do ya,
Potatoes, Gumballs ..."

    I have correctly stated the age of the Brass Monkey's three
brothers.
They are: <A>, <B>, <C>.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:48:24 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: An interesting story

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Bollinger, John C. wrote:

> 14.  The Fat Lady and the Brass Monkey were hanging at the Tower of
> Bandwidth one day.  The Monkey said to the Fat Lady, "I'll bet
> you an Amber Banana that you cannot guess the age of my three brothers,
> who all happen to be celebrating birthdays today".
>     "I'm hungry", said the Fat Lady, "bet I can.".
>     "Ok", said the Monkey to the Fat Lady, "start singing when you know,
> here are your clues:
> 
>     The sum of their ages is 13.
>     The product of their ages is the same as your age.
>     My eldest brother's age divides evenly into the sum of his
> weight and the number of times I have climed the Tower of Futility."
> 
>     "I know them!", shrieked the Fat Lady, in a shrill, off key voice.
> "Pay up my Banana!  ... You don't have anything else to munch on, do ya,
> Potatoes, Gumballs ..."
> 
>     I have correctly stated the age of the Brass Monkey's three
> brothers.
> They are: <A>, <B>, <C>.

Given how little we know about the Fat Lady, how can we even guess her age
to within 10 or 12 years?  The eldest does give us that A > B (assuming
we order them A to C eldest to youngest), but that still leaves the
following:

9,2,2 => Fat Lady is 36
10,2,1 => Fat Lady is 20 (probably too young)
8,3,2 => Fat Lady is 48 (possibly pushing it)
8,4,1 => Fat Lady is 32
7,5,1 => Fat Lady is 35
7,4,2 => Fat Lady is 56 (again possibly pushing it)
7,3,3 => Fat Lady is 63 (doubtful)

But still, I can't see how the rest of the clues make it possible to
distinguish between 9,2,2, 8,4,1 and 7,5,1.

Yours sincerely,
Slakko 

P.S.  I like the original four brothers version of this problem.  It has a
unique solution AFAICS.
- --
Duncan C. Richer -- aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother -- Now Really Lost!
Queens' College  -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory --  Cambridge University
"Equipment malfunction." "Well, whack it." -- Obscure P&TB Quote
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <-- Imperial Nomic Game 27

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:04:12 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: An interesting story

Slakko wrote:

> Given how little we know about the Fat Lady, how can we even guess her
> age
> to within 10 or 12 years?  The eldest does give us that A > B
> (assuming
> we order them A to C eldest to youngest), but that still leaves the
> following:
> 
> 9,2,2 => Fat Lady is 36
> 10,2,1 => Fat Lady is 20 (probably too young)
> 8,3,2 => Fat Lady is 48 (possibly pushing it)
> 8,4,1 => Fat Lady is 32
> 7,5,1 => Fat Lady is 35
> 7,4,2 => Fat Lady is 56 (again possibly pushing it)
> 7,3,3 => Fat Lady is 63 (doubtful)
> 
> But still, I can't see how the rest of the clues make it possible to
> distinguish between 9,2,2, 8,4,1 and 7,5,1.
> 
I am not certain that they do, although another Ackanomian has sent
me a single solution.  Perhaps he knows more about the problem than
I do.  I must apologize, too, for posting a problem to which I don't
know the solution.  I'll have to come up with an even more interesting
story, whose outcome I know.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:06:24 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Boon Determination

Hmmmm, sounds vaguely familiar....

Balsamic Dragon
 
> My ancient relic is the Orb of Aldur. Its description is:
> 
> The Orb of Aldur is a rounded but slightly oblong rock, about
> 3 inches along its longest axis, which possesses a strange
> intelligence imbued into it by Aldur himself, and it usually
> glows with a faint blue light, though it sometimes shines
> a very bright blue, and once every few millenia when it is
> very angry it glows red.  It babbles, to those capable of
> hearing it.
> 
> /dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:09:49 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Questions and Suggestions

Cool!  I like this charter.  I hereby request membership in SPAM.

Balsamic Dragon

> I also have a suggestion for my Party SPAM.
> 
> I suggest that SPAM adopt the following charter:
> 
> I. First Part of The Charter of SPAM
> This is the Charter of SPAM.  No other document is SPAM's charter.  This
> document may be modified by the unanimous vote of all members of SPAM. 
If
> ever SPAM contains zero members, this Charter will self-destruct.
> 
> II. SPAM's Goals
> SPAM has the goal of enforcing justice and eliminating Crime in a
humorous
> way.
> 
> III. SPAM's Methods
> If a member of SPAM submits a CFCJ against a non-member of SPAM, then, if
> SPAM has A$20, it will transfer A$20 to the player submitting the CFCJ to
> compensate them for the court fee.  If SPAM does not have A$20, then it
> will levy the minimum possible fee per member in Ackadollars such that
> each member capable of paying does so (no member shall be forced to pay
> more Ackadollars than they have), and that after the fee SPAM will have
> at least A$20, A$20 of which will then be transferred to the CFCJ
> submitter.
> 
> IV. End of Charter
> This is the last part of the Charter of SPAM.
> 
> Yours,
> Slakko
> 
> Duncan C. Richer -- aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother -- Now Really
Lost!
> Queens' College  -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory --  Cambridge
University
> "Equipment malfunction." "Well, whack it." -- Obscure P&TB Quote
> http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <-- Imperial Nomic Game
27
> 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:18:11 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: An interesting story

> >     I have correctly stated the age of the Brass Monkey's three
> > brothers.
> > They are: <A>, <B>, <C>.

The Brothers are ages 2, 2, and 9.  

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:31:48 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: The three brothers

Sorry for the abrupt answer, I just read ahead to the next message, so here
is my reasoning:

We know that the Fat Lady was not able to solve the problem with only the
first two clues, because, in her pangs of hunger, she would have sang out
her answer.  But with the third clue, she could answer the question. 
Assuming that she has no more information than we do, except that she knows
her age and we do not, the only real information gained by the third clue
is the fact that the the second and third brothers (two eldest) are not
twins.  

The two possibilities if they ARE twins are 1, 6, 6, and 3, 5, 5. 

The product of 3, 5, 5 is 75.  The product of 1, 6, 6 is 36.  

Since 75 is unique as a product of three ages summing to 13, the correct
ages of the brothers must be the only other set whose product is 36.  Thus,
the fat lady had two possible answers after the second clue, and was able
to eliminate one of those answers after the third clue.  The only other
possible set whose product is 36 is 2, 2, and 9.

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:56:37 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: The three brothers

Balsamic Dragon wrote:

> Sorry for the abrupt answer, I just read ahead to the next message, so
> here
> is my reasoning:
> 
[...]

> The only other possible set whose product is 36 is 2, 2, and 9.
> 
We seem to be achieving a consensus here.  Balsamic Dragon publicly
and another Ackanomian privately have given different but equivalent
arguments.  I am convinced that both are correct.  The Brass Monkey's
three brothers' ages are 9, 2, and 2.

Next time I'll have to make the morning puzzle a little more demanding,
not to mention one whose answer I already know.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:16:22 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: expedition log 11/14/97

"Dear fellow expedition members:

I hope that you get this message in time.  When last I contacted Acka, I
was following a strange furry prarie-dog-like person into the Wilds.  I
must report that these prairie dogs are not animals at all, but a primative
culture!  They live, and thus call their home, in the "Underground,"  a
maze of twisty passageways all alike from which I would be hard-pressed to
find my way out of.  I can only hope that Danforth Parrot's unerring sense
of direction will prove better than my own.  The Underground are a race of
creatures who are the natural enemies of the Patchkins.  They have been at
war for many years and are now planning a great strike against the Orange
Menace!  

However, I hesitate to ally ourselves with these strange rodents.  All they
speak of is the glories of conquest and their desire to eat as many
pumpkins as possible.  They have never been oppressed by the Patchkins, or
harmed by them in any way.  Is it truly just to support such a
self-centered cause?  Surely we have higher morals than a bunch of
pumpkin-hungry packrats?  I leave this matter in your capable hands,

Balsamic Dragon

PS, please tie some string (and a rock to wind the string around) to
Danforth's foot so that I can find my way out of this place!

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:17:02 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Suggestion

On Tuesday, the Matress took the following action:

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Bollinger, John C. [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Tuesday, November 11, 1997 12:03 PM
> To:	'Ackanomic List'
> Subject:	Acka: Suggestion
> 
> 
> I suggest that the Matress use its Secret Laboratory to create a Spell
> Book of Chorg.
> 
> I approve this suggestion; the action is taken.
> 
Three days have now passed (plus a few hours), thus the Spell Book of
Chorg has now been created in the Matress' possession.

I suggest that the Matress offer me (ThinMan) its Spell Book of Chorg.

I approve the suggestion, and it happens.

I accept the Matress' offer; the trade is done.

11/14/97 Matress +1 SPell Book of Chorg; Secret Lab
11/14/97 Matress -1 Spell Book of Chorg; trade
11/14/97 ThinMan +1 Spell Book of Chorg; trade

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 15:13:37 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: SBOC

To Whom it May Concern,

An Account of Strange Events

Having signed over all the necessary paperwork, I pulled the Spell Book
of Chorg out of my Matress and turned it over in my hands, examining it
with barely restrained anticipation.  It was leatherbound and heavy, and
closed with a brass latch.  On the cover were inscribed line after line
of indecipherable runes, pregnant, I was certain, with magical power;
on the back was a simple line drawing of what appeared to be an
oversized mouse, dressed in a robe and carrying a mop and bucket.  Odd.

Laying the precious tome on the table, I worked the latch and opened
the book with a grunt -- it took more strength than I expected.  I gazed

with reverence upon the Book's contents: the first page was before me,
ready to reveal its secrets.  Following the pronounciation and required
gesticulation to the best of my ability, I slowly began to read the
page.

At first the runes glowed softly, but as I read the glow slowly gained
intensity.  When I was halfway down the page, the runes were bright
enough to illuminate the whole room.  When I had read three quarters
of the way I began to squint against the brightness, and had to step
back from the growing warmth.  I could use some shades, I thought.
And maybe gloves, too.

Determined to complete what I had begun (and fearful of what might
happen if I didn't), I pressed on against the ever increasing
brightness and rapidly growing heat.  Sentence by sentence, word by
word, syllable by syllable I read.  By the end, the light was near
blinding, and I began to detect a faint odor of smoke.  I uttered the
final word just as page exploded in green and blue flames.  Jumping
back with a small cry, I closed my eyes and shielded my face with my
arms.

My arms protected me ... from nothing.  A moment or two later I
cautiously opened my eyes, hoping against hope that some part of the
Spell Book had survived, that my house was not burning around me, that
I was still alive rather than in the Afterlife.  Through the intense
after-images of the glowing runes I was able to make out the book,
resting on the table, unharmed, closed, and latched.  Of the flames,
of the light, of the heat there was no trace.

The afterimages took some time to fade, and as they did, they seemed to
rearrange -- to take on new shapes and a new configuration.  Somehow, in
some way, I knew I almost understood the strange new pattern; it was the
key to power, power I had not known before and might not again.  As I
write this account, those runes still have not fully disappeared from my
vision.  It's as if some small portion of the Book's power was deposited
in me.  I don't yet know what I will do with this new power, but before
anything else I must discover what I _can_ do with it.  When I set down
my pen I shall begin a period of introspective meditation in search of
the answer.

ThinMan

P.S.: I hereby read the first page of my Spell Book of Chorg.  TM

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 19:45:14 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: expedition log 11/14/97

> PS, please tie some string (and a rock to wind the string around) to
> Danforth's foot so that I can find my way out of this place!

All right.  It looks like /dev/joe and Voting Gnome have the two vending
machines--would you gentlemen quote me your prices on RTWASA?

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Sparks:In Outer Space
Current Book--William Tenn:The Seven Sexes
His elevator goes all the way to the top, but the doors don't open.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 20:58:00 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: expedition log 11/14/97

Alfvaen wrote:
> All right.  It looks like /dev/joe and Voting Gnome have the two vending
> machines--would you gentlemen quote me your prices on RTWASA?

A$6.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 20:03:21 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: expedition log 11/14/97

> Alfvaen wrote:
> > All right.  It looks like /dev/joe and Voting Gnome have the two vending
> > machines--would you gentlemen quote me your prices on RTWASA?

> A$6.

Good enough.  I'll purchase a Rock To Wind A String Around from /dev/joe's
Vending Machine, attach it to Danforth's leg, and hope that Balsamic
Dragon accepts my generous offer.  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--The Velvet Underground:Loaded
Current Book--William Tenn:The Seven Sexes
Jack amazed a few girls by dropping the antique onyx vase!

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 20:02:17 -0800
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: expedition log 11/14/97

Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
> 
> > Alfvaen wrote:
> > > All right.  It looks like /dev/joe and Voting Gnome have the two vending
> > > machines--would you gentlemen quote me your prices on RTWASA?
> 
> > A$6.
> 
> Good enough.  I'll purchase a Rock To Wind A String Around from /dev/joe's
> Vending Machine, attach it to Danforth's leg, and hope that Balsamic
> Dragon accepts my generous offer.  :-)

How thoughtless of you to offer a Rock to Wind a String around without a 
string to wind around the Rock to Wind a String Around!

I am creating a trinket worth 6 A$ called the "String" with the 
description,
"This string has thirty-nine characters."

I am giving Alfvaen the String in the hope that he will forward it on to 
the Expedition.

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 21:34:02 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: expedition log 11/14/97

> How thoughtless of you to offer a Rock to Wind a String around without a 
> string to wind around the Rock to Wind a String Around!

Well, I, um, thought e might have eir own.

> I am creating a trinket worth 6 A$ called the "String" with the 
> description,
> "This string has thirty-nine characters."

> I am giving Alfvaen the String in the hope that he will forward it on to 
> the Expedition.

Thank you.  I offer this to Balsamic Dragon(via Danforth Parrot)as well.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--The Velvet Underground:Loaded
Current Book--William Tenn:The Seven Sexes
A lie for an eye, a truth for a tooth.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #366
*******************************