Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #358
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Thursday, November 6 1997      Volume 02 : Number 358

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 01:22:15 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Org stuff

I disagree with Nicollo that one player organizations are unbalancing,
after all, you can always start your own.  On the other hand, I think they
let those of us who are members of them do an awful lot of things we
probably shouldn't be able to, so I support most of his proposed reforms.

Furthermore, as the sole member of Fort Knocks, I am proposing that Fort
Knocks transfer all A$ in its possesion, I believe it is A$618, to myself,
Vynd.

I approve of this action, it happens.

        - Vynd, slowly crawling back out from underneath his schoolwork

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 08:37:45 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka:  Bye

Alfvaen wrote:

> Triangular numbers are easier.  Unless I am mistaken, the player with
> the
> traingular score which is highest is ThinMan.  So ThinMan gets the
> Pedestal
> of *ping*, the Elwes, Inky Bloater Decoys 5 and 23, and God-like
> status.
> And probably a few Jukkasjarvi fragments.
> 
Woohoo!  Thanks, Fnord!  Although I am indeed sorry to see you go,
you managed to give me a bright side to look at.  :-)

I hereby give the Pedestal of *ping* to mr cwm.

#transfer ThinMan, mr cwm: Pedestal of *ping*: gift to the Scholar

ThinMan
Triangular Scorer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:04:48 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Expedition Log 10/30/97

AHHEMM.

- ----------
> From: Vivian Norwood <[email-masked]>
> To: Ackanomic <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Acka: Expedition Log 10/30/97
> Date: Thursday, October 30, 1997 9:06 AM
> 

Hopefully, my companions will find this and continue the
> journal until I have solved this mystery.
> 
> Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:15:19 -0500 (EST)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Expedition Log 10/30/97

> AHHEMM.

  :-)

  Far, far away, something in the sky is blinking.
  Far, far away, something in the sky is coming closer.
  Right over Red Barn's house, something in the sky is falling very fast.
  There is a huge CRASH!  And the name of my house is changed to "Strange
Inverted Pyramid".
  Near the peak (bottom) of the pyramid, something is whirring.  With a
'click', a rectangular outline appears.  A ramp descends.  But, it doesn't
descend very far, because it's partially embedded in the ground.  The sound of
cursing can be heard from within, and finally a hand reaches through the small
opening and drops a leather-bound book.

  The book is extremely old; the leather is crumbling like a day-old cookie.
To anyone who cares to read it, it will plainly be a journal.  However, most
of the entries will have faded beyond hope of legibility.  

11/6/2097:
  Supplies running low.  After the FRC collapsed, the pumpkin was on us.
We only have two more cylinders of Cool Whip.  If only we could figure out
what it wanted!  Mr. Spork tells us the Analytical Engine is having trouble
with the language.  He says it has some similarities to the sounds made by the
ancient pumpkins of yore.  Our only hope is to take a tight orbital around
Kansas, return to the past, and bring back the Great Pumpkin!
  If only Balsamic Dragon were here.

  Below, in another hand, is scrawled:
  PS.  Could somebody please help with the door?

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<[email-masked]><[email-masked]> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Visit ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/ and find out about text adventures!
Absolute knowledge does not constitute proof.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 13:27:09 -0500 (EST)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

To:   Ackanomians
From: mr cwm, Scholar of *ping*

Today is Thurssday, the 6th of November, and the Machine that Goes *ping*
Has Gone *ping* today.  Since I have been Scholar, the Machine has gone
*ping* 8 times. 

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #358
*******************************