Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #352
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Friday, October 31 1997       Volume 02 : Number 352

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:29:04 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Re: Some Interesting Actions

> This message is actually a composite of a number of messages, separated by
> long rows of hyphens.  Each message happens two infinitesimal amounts
> of time after the one preceding it (if that is possible) :-)

Don't worry, this is normally how such things occur.

> Message 1:
> I hereby announce the creation of a new Organization, the Society for the
> Prevention of Ackanomic Misdemeanours, which may also be referred to by 
> the acronym SPAM.  The aim of this society is to be "tough on crime, tee
> hee".

So far, so good...

> Message 2:
> I, Slakko, hereby transfer A$350 to the Organization SPAM, to enable it to
> carry out its duties.

And this...

> Message 3:
> I, Slakko, hereby suggest that the Organization SPAM should purchase a
> Party Tent, so that it may become a Political Party and use its influence
> to be "tough on crime, tee hee".

> Message 4:
> I, Slakko, hereby accept the suggestion of Slakko that SPAM should
> purchase a Party Tent.

Hmmm.  Still legal, as far as I can tell...

> Message 5:
> I, Slakko, as the only current member of the Political Party SPAM, suggest
> and accept that the method for selection as Party Swinger shall be random
> choice amongst all members of the party whenever the position of Party
> Swinger is vacant.

I wasn't sure about this one, but apparently a single-person party can
still have a Swinger...

> Yours,
> Slakko the Excessive Message Maker who yet somehow does not fall victim to
> snowgod's Disease.

You are, however, dangerously close to Going Postal(see Rule 422)...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Captain Tractor:East of Edson
Current Book--Wild Cards XII:Turn of The Cards
Committing the crime of taking your time

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:43:17 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Big White Gazette, Special Interim Edition

The Big White Gazette
"Wasting Bandwidth Off And On For A Few Months Now"

The BWG has been planning an exclusive scoop for weeks now:  A preview of a
soon-to-be-published manuscript by the Ackanomian Undead variously known as
snowgod, Mr. Nacho, and Mr. Lunatic Fringe(currently controlled as a
Zombie).  However, with some embarrassment the editorial staff must confess
to having misplaced their copy of said manuscript, so perhaps it shall
appear later.  In the meantime, under strict instructions from their editor
to keep the paper from going Belly-Up, the staff of the BWG has prepared
the following tidbits:

Fantasy Billboard Moves

Last week the Fantasy Billboard contest, a key element in the Snail Shell
treasure, seemed to be grinding to a halt.  In fact, it was merely
preparing to resurface in a new format, and at a new URL.  It is now
located at http://fantasy.billboard.com/, and is based entirely around
Microsoft Active Server Pages, which is widely perceived as a step
backwards.  Also, due to some kind of glitch, in the week of transition
the plays of many players seem to have been lost.  However, the game is
continuing, and seemingly thriving.

President Denies Rumours of Cowardice

Recent allegations that President Alfvaen was so scared of the Orange
Menace that e was afraid to leave eir house have been denied by the famed
Ackanomian.  The President states that while e is still uncertain how to
deal with the Menace, as revealed in eir recent posting of the wisdom of
Phoebe, e is far from "afraid" of them, and eir recent spurt of inactivity
has been mostly the result of the necessity of dealing with Extranomic
(though not Internomic)duties.  The interview, conducted by carrier parrot,
was necessarily brief, so the customary inquiries about treasure clues were
met only with a curt "You can count, can't you?"

No Watermelon

Recent reports of watermelon sightings have been proven false.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Three Dead Trolls In A Baggie & Junior Gone Wild:Live At The Hyperbole
Current Book--Wild Cards XII:Turn of The Cards
Bite the bullet and shoot your mouth off.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:25:36 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Some Interesting Actions

While I certainly welcome new Organizations and new Parties, my
antidisestablishmentarianism proposla might just nuke this Organizations.
So I think it might have been better to wait and see it results - or get
two more members.

Niccolo Flychuck

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Duncan Richer wrote:

> This message is actually a composite of a number of messages, separated by
> long rows of hyphens.  Each message happens two infinitesimal amounts
> of time after the one preceding it (if that is possible) :-)
> 
> Message 1:
> I hereby announce the creation of a new Organization, the Society for the
> Prevention of Ackanomic Misdemeanours, which may also be referred to by 
> the acronym SPAM.  The aim of this society is to be "tough on crime, tee
> hee".
> 
> - ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message 2:
> I, Slakko, hereby transfer A$350 to the Organization SPAM, to enable it to
> carry out its duties.
> 
> - ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message 3:
> I, Slakko, hereby suggest that the Organization SPAM should purchase a
> Party Tent, so that it may become a Political Party and use its influence
> to be "tough on crime, tee hee".
> 
> - ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message 4:
> I, Slakko, hereby accept the suggestion of Slakko that SPAM should
> purchase a Party Tent.
> 
> - ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message 5:
> I, Slakko, as the only current member of the Political Party SPAM, suggest
> and accept that the method for selection as Party Swinger shall be random
> choice amongst all members of the party whenever the position of Party
> Swinger is vacant.
> 
> - ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message 6:
> Asthe only member of SPAM, I suggest and accept that SPAM shall have an
> open admission policy.
> 
> Yours,
> Slakko the Excessive Message Maker who yet somehow does not fall victim to
> snowgod's Disease.
> 
> 
> - --
> Duncan C. Richer -- aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother -- Now Really Lost!
> Queens' College  -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory --  Cambridge University
> "Equipment malfunction." "Well, whack it." -- Obscure P&TB Quote
> CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS, CUANZSS, Archimedeans, CUDipSoc, how do I study?
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 22:36:39 -0800
From: Joshua Nave <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Departing observer

It has been some months since I last managed to read an Acka message. 
Law school appears to have gotten the better of me... and so, I wish to
cease being an observer and as such ask to be removed from the Acka
mailing lists.

Long live the Narfalone family.

Narf

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:13:36 -0500 (EST)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

To:   Ackanomians
From: mr cwm, Scholar of *ping*

Today is Friday, the 31th day of October, and the Machine That Goes
*ping* Has Gone *ping* today.  Since I have been Scholar, the Machine has
gone *ping* 2 times.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:25:48 -0500 (EST)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Magic Letter

  I am naming 'n' as the Magic Letter of the Pumpkin.

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<[email-masked]><[email-masked]> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Visit ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/ and find out about text adventures!
Computers are like cats - they demand constant attention.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 22:28:12 -0800
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: "acka: Flora Amanita"

Prhaps this was a refrence to "The Flowrs of Uatmala" by REM?

I took a picture that I'll have to send
People here are friendly and contnt
People here are colorful and bright
The flowrs often bloom at night
 
Amanita is the name
The flowrs cover evrythin
The flowrs cover evrythin
 
There's somthin here I find hard to ignore
There's somthin that I've never seen before
Amanita is the name they cover ovr evrythin
 
The flowrs cover evrythin
They cover ovr evrythin (Amanita is the name)
The flowrs cover evrythin

There's somthin that I've nevr seen before
The flowrs often bloom at night
Amanita is the name they cover over evrythin

- --Brry, Buck, Mills, Stip

Or maybe not.

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 14:12:17 -0500
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: "acka: Flora Amanita"

> 
> Prhaps this was a refrence to "The Flowrs of Uatmala" by REM?
> 
> I took a picture that I'll have to send
> People here are friendly and contnt
> People here are colorful and bright
> The flowrs often bloom at night
>  
> Amanita is the name
> The flowrs cover evrythin
> The flowrs cover evrythin
>  
>
 I would guess you got it with this one.  The actual Amanita is, of course,
a hallucinogenic and poisonous mushroom, not a flower.

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 22:51:34 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: RFC: Silly Stuff and Nonsense

Proposal: Let's have some effects.

Append the following double double quote delimited text to Rule 903:
""If a player has already chewed the gumball on a particular day, and
submits a vote on any proposal, then a Bonus Vote will be created in the
possession of that player.  This Vote will then immediately be used on the
proposal just voted on, with the same vote as the player originally used.
If the Bonus Vote cannot be used on the Proposal voted on, then it is
destroyed instead.""

Yours,
Slakko

Duncan C. Richer -- aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother -- Now Really Lost!
Queens' College  -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory --  Cambridge University
"Equipment malfunction." "Well, whack it." -- Obscure P&TB Quote
CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS, CUANZSS, Archimedeans, CUDipSoc, how do I study?

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #352
*******************************