Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #343
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Wednesday, October 22 1997      Volume 02 : Number 343

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:27:53 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: re acka swinging from the trees

> Karma asks: Do you mean to say that "swing"points may originate from
> someone who is not even involved in partychess? Or are you saying that they
> have been awarded to swingers, then traded to non swinging players? If the
> latter is the case I maintain the good sense of distibuting them among
> "swingers" then traded after. Si non, Je suis un buffon à faire des
> présomptions

According to the Rules, Swingpoints only arise from Party Chess.  But the
Proposal that passed to redistribute them was also part of the Rules for a
brief instant of time, so it provided another way.  And their Tradeability
means that they can find their way into the hands of non-Swingers.

> Karma: of this I had absoloutely no idea and thanks for pointing this out.
> Is this done through the treasury like destroying a trinket for cash, and
> is it a 1:1 ratio point for dollar?

See Rule 1044.  Hmmm.  I don't think I removed the bit about using them to
affect the CrIndex of Otzma Cards, which no longer exists...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Ketelbey:In A Monastery Garden
Current Book--Joel Rosenberg:Hero
Warning: Dates in calendar are closer than they appear.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:55:57 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: One Step Closer To Kansas

The passage of Proposal 2331 has added yet another to the great list of
accepted Proposals by my Evil Twin Malenkai, and, furthermore, brought his
Blue Cross Rank up to 260.  That's enough for a Blue Cross, a Ruby Slipper,
and two Gold Stripes; but he seems to have a Gold Stripe and three Silver
Stripes(as well as the Cross and Slipper), so I hereby award him a Gold
Stripe and take away his Silver Stripes to be recycled.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Ketelbey:In A Monastery Garden
Current Book--Joel Rosenberg:Hero
The callous sophisticates laughed at Judy's tiny head.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 07:42:07 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Oct 13th Bond Cycle Corrections

Here are the bond cycle adjustments due to the neglected "anxious Whamiol"
effect:

Crackfoo's score change was -6, Voting Gnome's was -12, rather than 0 as
was previously reported for both of them.  The basic difference in dividend
amounts, as calculated for their bondholders, is:

- -4 A$ Crackfoo
- -3 A$ /dev/joe
- -1 A$ Niccolo Flychuck
- -1 A$ two-star
- -2 A$ Voting Gnome
- -3 A$ Mr. Lunatic Fringe

Have a nice day!

(By the way, the reason the bond-harfing program was not working was that
it wasn't equipped to deal with the fact that the first entry in the
pointlog for the cycle was in a different month than the first day of the
cycle.  I just added a dummy entry to fool it.)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--The Bolshoi:Away
Current Book--Joel Rosenberg:Hero
"I cn ytpe 300 wrds pre mnieut!!!"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:01:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Portrait Gallery and Hall of Elders

I (finally) have an Ackanomic Portrait Gallery and an Ackanomic Hall of
Elders up.  They are at:
http://www.students.armstrong.edu/~murrayer/acka_pg.html and
http://www.students.armstrong.edu/~murrayer/acka_hoe.html, respectively,
for those of you who keep track of such things.  The Hall of Elders is
pretty much an updated copy of the old one, but the Portrait Gallery was
done from scratch as a learning experience (so if I haven't learned
something quite right, be sure to let me know).

The Portrait Gallery has a lot of empty space on its walls, so would
welcome ... portraits.

- -mr cwm

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:09:09 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka adjectives

"swing"points may originate from
> someone who is not even involved in partychess? Or are you saying that
they
> have been awarded to swingers, then traded to non swinging players?

According to the Rules, Swingpoints only arise from Party Chess.  But the
Proposal that passed to redistribute them was also part of the Rules for a
brief instant of time, 

What an extrodinarily crazy game!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 20:32:46 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka Beautiful!

The Portrait Gallery has a lot of empty space on its walls, so would
welcome ... portraits.
YESH!!
- -mr cwm

Excellent page Mr. CWM! If I want to change my portrait I send it to you?
- - Karma

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 23:12:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2333

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Brian Raiter wrote:

> Results of Proposal 2333
> 
> 10/16 votes: Quorum achieved
> 6/8 YES votes: Proposal accepted

Congratulations Fortunato!

> > 
> > 	2)  The Monolith is initially a three level structure.  Any player may
> > add 	     levels to the Monolith by publicly declaring that they are
> > doing so.
> > 	     No more than two levels may be added per player, per week.  The
> > 	     price of adding a level to the Monolith is A$100 * N, where N is
> > 	     (current number of levels / 3), rounded down.
> > 
> > 	3)  Each level of the Monolith must have a name.  The names of the
> > first 	     three levels of the Monolith are:
> > 		i)   Level One: The Lobby
> > 		ii)  Level Two: The Smoking Lounge
> > 		iii) Level Three: The Trophy Room
> > 
> > 	     {{[The Smoking Lounge, in my opinion, would be a good place to 
> > 	        meet and have pudding for everyone.]}}
> > 
> > 	     The name must be designated by the creator of the level at the
> > point
> > 	     at which it is created.  It is a Duty of the Web-Harfer to keep a
> > list
> > 	     of the name of each level of the Monolith.
> > 

I would like to publicly announce that I am adding a level to the
Monolith.  It's name is:  Monument to Vynd, King of Kings!

                                   - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #343
*******************************