Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #341
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Monday, October 20 1997       Volume 02 : Number 341

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 06:23:48 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: re acka swing pnts.

I think they remain owned by his Undead. btw- where does it say who has
hom many SwingPoints.

Niccolo Flychuck

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Michael James wrote:

> When I had distributed the 50 swing points Ben was still a player in
> Ackanomic, what happens to his ten points?
> 
> - - Karma
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of ackanomic digest V2 #340
> *******************************
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 22:30:30 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: re acka swing pnts.

> > When I had distributed the 50 swing points Ben was still a player in
> > Ackanomic, what happens to his ten points?

> I think they remain owned by his Undead. btw- where does it say who has
> hom many SwingPoints.

I always presumed that was on the Chess-Umpire's page.  :-)  But I guess
there are some Swingpoints owned by Undead on the Undead page, so maybe I
should be keeping track of them as financier.

So...who all were the Swingers when Karma distributed them?  (And didn't
the Proposal say that they would be distributed randomly among all
active players, not evenly among the Swingers?)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Favourite Classics
Current Book--Joel Rosenberg:Heroes
We never speak, we only acquiesce

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:45:02 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: EBS

I am offering ThinMan an Evil Ballot Stuffer as a gift.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:10:06 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: EBS

Malenkai wrote:

> I am offering ThinMan an Evil Ballot Stuffer as a gift.
> 
Why, how generous!  Far be it from me to turn down such a gentlemanly
offer.  That is, I accept.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:19:41 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: What a dream!

It seems like something strange has happened.  Last night I dreamt that
I had gone to the casino.  I'm not a big gambler, but I walked up to
the slots and pulled the big lever.  What do you know!  I hit the
jackpot!  The machine then started to shimmy and shake uncontrollably,
indeed so violently that I started to fear that it might explode.
Wierd.  Anyway, I woke up in my bed, with a bonus vote in my hand.
I don't know where it came from, but it sure is welcome.  Now if I can
just figure out why the house is vibrating....

(I flip the large lever of my Evil Ballot Stuffer.)

ThinMan 

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:06:46 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka  swing points

 These are the current swingers for Party Chess, and I am quite certain
that Niccolo stipulated that they were to be distributed soley (That looks
like its spelled wrong) among the swingers. Which I think makes good sense
too.

Karma HARF     10 Swing points
Red Barn NAP    10 Swing points
Niccolo Flychuck Tarzan's Tree House    10 Swing points
/dev/joe Vulcan    10 Swing points

Ben The Office of Ben    10 Swing points  (No longer a player of Acka or
party chess)

- - Karma

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:20:27 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: REacka trinket

I am creating a trinket called "dandelion" and it is worth A$100 

"dandelion" is a painting depicting a huge dandelion on its canvas boasting
all the artistic talent of a crayon toting pre-school toddler, yet somehow,
in all its childlike simplicity, it inflicts on all onlookers a shroud of
self concious artistic impotence. 

- - Karma

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:10:29 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: acka  swing points

Karma wrote:

>  These are the current swingers for Party Chess, and I am quite
> certain
> that Niccolo stipulated that they were to be distributed soley (That
> looks
> like its spelled wrong) among the swingers. Which I think makes good
> sense
> too.
> 
You are quite wrong, although I didn't care enough to say anything
about it until now.  The proposal in question (2296) specified that the
Swingpoints be randomly distributed among all "active players."  It is
possible that you interpreted that to mean Party Chess players, and
thus mentally replaced "active players" with "Swingers," but that
would have been incorrect.

It does not make particularly good sense, either.  The point of the
proposal as I understand it was that the Swingpoint harfing had gotten
so out of date as to be difficult to recover, thus the proposal offered
a way to (more-or-less) equitably distribute some Swingpoints and
assure that the harfing would become correct.  Swingpoints _are_
tradeable; players other than Swingers have owned them before; and they
are useful in that they can be exchanged for points or some other
entities.  It is therefore not safe to assume that only Swingers owned
Swingpoints.

In addition, simply assigning an equal number of Swingpoints to each
Swinger is not the same as randomly distributing the Swingpoints
among them.  The distribution that was actually assigned is the most
likely distribution, I think, but its actual likelihood is not very
great.  It is far more likely that the distribution would have been
one of the many with some swingers having eleven or even twelve
swingpoints, some with ten, and some with nine or eight.  Performing
an approximation to obeying the rules is not the same as obeying them.

At this point, however, I believe it is all water under the bridge.
It was harfed as Karma described, and the mistakes were not pointed
out within two weeks, so I think the rules specify that the game
state Karma thought we were in is now, in fact, the true game state. 

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:36:59 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Ice

As required by the Rules, I am announcing that Balsamic Dragon is On Ice, as
of midnight on the 18th.  I'm sure e will return soon, of course, but I
thought I'd note the fact.  Also, I still like the "On Ice" picture on the
PE page.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Pink Floyd:Ummagumma
Current Book--Joel Rosenberg:Hero
Just give Alice some pencils and she will stay busy for hours.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 23:28:50 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Potato + Aliens

CnH has found the magic potato.

Alien rolls:

2222
1126
1364

Please let this be the last time this is done :)

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 23:32:04 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: What a dream!

> (I flip the large lever of my Evil Ballot Stuffer.)

Result:

2) The thing will explode in its operator's face, and thus be destroyed, 
but not before bellowing a raft of annoying laughter ridiculing its user
throught the land of Acka.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 23:52:04 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: re acka swinging from the trees

Swingpoints _are_
tradeable; players other than Swingers have owned them before;

Karma asks: Do you mean to say that "swing"points may originate from
someone who is not even involved in partychess? Or are you saying that they
have been awarded to swingers, then traded to non swinging players? If the
latter is the case I maintain the good sense of distibuting them among
"swingers" then traded after. Si non, Je suis un buffon à faire des
présomptions

 and they
are useful in that they can be exchanged for points or some other
entities.  

Karma: of this I had absoloutely no idea and thanks for pointing this out.
Is this done through the treasury like destroying a trinket for cash, and
is it a 1:1 ratio point for dollar?

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #341
*******************************