Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #322
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Wednesday, October 1 1997      Volume 02 : Number 322

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:57:37 -3000 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Phew

I am taking myself off Vacation.

So, after a few days of Hell and a few days of Purgatory(not necessarily in
that order), I(and my wife)are in our new digs in Edmonton.  And my
computer was among the first things to get set up, of course.  :-)  Boxes
still surround me on every side, but hopefully this will eventually change.
Once we get shelves for all the surplus books, not to mention records and
comics.  And tapecases for extra tapes.

Who knows if I'll get any harfing done tonight, but definitely for
tomorrow, I hope.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In The Other Room--Scandal:The Warrior
Current Book--Donald Kingsbury:Courtship Rite
Remember, the dinosaur did not know it had a very small brain.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 23:32:36 -3000 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Misc

I apologize for the bad links on the main web page.  For the "rules by
category" page, it was my bad habit(which I usually catch in time)of
forgetting when to type "muppetlabs" and when to type "breadbox".  So
www.breadbox.com, if it exists, has no idea where to look for its page.
And I really really really should update the trinkets page sometime.
I think I actually haven't managed to upload my copy of it yet(which
doesn't have anything Malenkai's old one doesn't anyway).  :-/

Miscellaneously:

With regard to taking over a Viruses game when one is on Vacation, take a
look at Rule 1250.1, section VI.c.  Thus a player can name a substitute
when going on vacation, and resume playing upon return.  So mr cwm can
send in moves, and Rex Mundi could have for me while I was away.

With regard to returning the money donated to the RERS: the thing is, that
money has _already_ gone into the Treasury, so returning it to the Treasury
will have no effect.  I guess the RERS spends it as fast as it comes in.
(Back when I believed that the RERS' monetary requirements were greater
than the total amount in the Treasury, this seemed to be a Good Thing.)

I believe that my(first)Evil Twin has the right of things.  I am leaving
the Harf party, and requesting permission to join Metamorph.

I did indeed write the Fantasy Billboard treasure map to exclude myself,
something that I tend to put into all of my maps.  As well as a proviso to
keep the conditions of the Map from becoming unsatisfiable.  Anyway, #12 is
definitely a personal best for me(though achieved through a simple strategy
that anybody could hit upon).

Hopefully I will have the time to add some stuff to the Proposal Queue
soon.  Like cutting back on the powers of Secret Laboratories, perhaps, and
also having monthly Treasury Auctions...

I will do the next bond cycle tomorrow; apart from a couple of Proposals,
things seem to have been fairly quiet.  Also, I should note that according
to my calculations my term as President expires on Oct. 4th; I plan on
running again, though.  And salaries don't need to be done until next
Monday.

Anyway, enough.  More tomorrow.

It's kinda nice to be back.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Rush:Nobody's Hero
Current Book--Donald Kingsbury:Courtship Rite
I is for Ida who drowned in the lake, J is for James who took lye, by mistake.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 08:39:31 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2313

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Malenkai wrote:

> > I think the text about results being inconclusive is a tad too ambigous
> > for my taste, but it's consistent with the hearings rule, so it would do.
> 
> The amendment to the hearing rule in this proposal defines inconclusive,
> then any rule that uses hearings can override the default behaviour for
> inconclusive, as the attempted new internomic interface rule does.  Think
> virtual functions :)

Right. Missed that.
> 
> Do you think the definition of "inconclusive" in the proposed amendment to
> the hearing rule is ambiguous?

It's ok.

I do find describng a Hearing as being "in session" a bit odd, though.

Niccolo Flychuck

> 
> Malenkai
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 08:47:15 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka : Financier

I apologize for thsi amiguity. When the Church originally transferred the
items to me, I made a list and sent it to the Church mailing list. Then I
lost that message. If any of the Church members, or the postmaster, still
have list, and will send me a copy, I'll spell ou the details of the
transfer.

Niccolo Flychuck

 On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Bollinger, John C. wrote:

> I'm willing to accept "the items the Church of Odo gave me" as
> sufficient specification, and if I had been the Financier at
> the time then my log would have told me what those were.  I
> do not, however, have access to Alfvaen's financial log, so at
> this point it may be better to let Alfvaen sort out any
> problems.  I would like to recommend to all players hat they
> spell out all entity transfer offers in detail (i.e. with the
> names/types and numbers of all the included entities) so as to
> avoid possible confusion in the future.
> 
> 
> ThinMan
> Acting Financier and acting harfer-of-many-things
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 02:15:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc

> With regard to returning the money donated to the RERS: the thing
> is, that money has _already_ gone into the Treasury, so returning it
> to the Treasury will have no effect.  I guess the RERS spends it as
> fast as it comes in.  (Back when I believed that the RERS' monetary
> requirements were greater than the total amount in the Treasury,
> this seemed to be a Good Thing.)

You are correct. In my hurry to beat Red Barn to the proposal queue, I
didn't think to double-check that. Unfortunately, it looks like that
will cause step I of my proposal to not have the intended effect. Foo.

I hereby retract proposal 2314.

> It's kinda nice to be back.

It's nice to have you back. Good luck with your new place, btw.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 09:35:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc

  Oh, yes, I am donating A$1 to the Flat Earth Preservation Society...

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<[email-masked]><[email-masked]> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Visit ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/ and find out about text adventures!
It's still paranoia, even if they really are out to get you.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:08:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Alfvaen wrote (amongst other things):

>With regard to taking over a Viruses game when one is on Vacation, take a
>look at Rule 1250.1, section VI.c.  Thus a player can name a substitute
>when going on vacation, and resume playing upon return.  So mr cwm can
>send in moves, and Rex Mundi could have for me while I was away.

But I don't think I did that.  I think I followed the procedure under
R1250.16/2(10), namely, withdrawing from the game, and another player
taking over permanently.  I didn't use the R1250.1(VI.c) procedure,
because I didn't think it would be much fun to play if you knew someone
was going to come back and take your position away from you in a few
turns, anyway.

... unless, of course, I only *tried* to use the R1250.16/2(10)
procedure, but failed, in which case R1250.1(VI.c) would kick in by
default ... I might have to spend some time in the archives.  Are they in
the Library?  I go there to see.

- -mr cwm

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:17:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: is not

I believe is not has gone belly up.  It wasn't as much fun as I thought it
would be, and I suspect the reading public won't miss it.

- -mr cwm
 double ex-publisher

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:42:48 -0400
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc

Is Rex Mundi/mr. cwm still in the game?  The stuff with Alfvaen doesn't
matter too much, but I need to know whether or not to remove all of the (W)
pieces or not so that I can post the results of the next round.  I already
have them calculated.

> Date: Wednesday, October 01, 1997 10:08 AM
> 
> On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Alfvaen wrote (amongst other things):
> 
> >With regard to taking over a Viruses game when one is on Vacation, take
a
> >look at Rule 1250.1, section VI.c.  Thus a player can name a substitute
> >when going on vacation, and resume playing upon return.  So mr cwm can
> >send in moves, and Rex Mundi could have for me while I was away.
> 
> But I don't think I did that.  I think I followed the procedure under
> R1250.16/2(10), namely, withdrawing from the game, and another player
> taking over permanently.  I didn't use the R1250.1(VI.c) procedure,
> because I didn't think it would be much fun to play if you knew someone
> was going to come back and take your position away from you in a few
> turns, anyway.
> 
> ... unless, of course, I only *tried* to use the R1250.16/2(10)
> procedure, but failed, in which case R1250.1(VI.c) would kick in by
> default ... I might have to spend some time in the archives.  Are they in
> the Library?  I go there to see.
> 
> -mr cwm
> 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 17:54:25 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Holiday Greetings

Ackazens,
Shana Tova.

Happy New Year.

Uri

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 12:39:27 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc

>   Oh, yes, I am donating A$1 to the Flat Earth Preservation Society...

Wonderful.  Now I'm going to have to make up a whole new web page just
for this.  Or maybe I'll just put you and the RERS on the same page and you
can fight it out.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Rush:The Pass
Current Book--Donald Kingsbury:Courtship Rite
We had some good machines, but they don't work no more

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 12:44:29 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc

> Is Rex Mundi/mr. cwm still in the game?  The stuff with Alfvaen doesn't
> matter too much, but I need to know whether or not to remove all of the (W)
> pieces or not so that I can post the results of the next round.  I already
> have them calculated.

Since I don't believe that mr cwm could legally give his spot to Rex Mundi
except through the means in Rule 1250.1, I think that that was what
happened, and mr cwm took over when he returned from Vacation.  Someone
could take over Guy Fawkes's position through Rule 1250.16, possibly, since
that discusses leaving the game or the Game.

I think that's the way to play it right now.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Rush:Presto
Current Book--Donald Kingsbury:Courtship Rite
"Larger and more mauve."  --Scott Ellis

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:42:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc

> >   Oh, yes, I am donating A$1 to the Flat Earth Preservation Society...
> 
> Wonderful.  Now I'm going to have to make up a whole new web page just
> for this.  Or maybe I'll just put you and the RERS on the same page and you
> can fight it out.

  Bad things come at small prices.  :-)

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<[email-masked]><[email-masked]> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Visit rec.games.video.classic and find out about Pac-Man's contemporaries!
Turn on, or I'll boot you downstairs!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 12:46:54 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Misc 2

Apologies for this; this is what happens when I have to process digest
stuff.  I'm mostly caught up with my harfing; just the bond cycles left to
do, and updating the web pages...  Oh, yeah, and a few Trinket descriptions
left to track down.  But that'll be for tonight.  Anyway:

I shall put "Beware The Forbidden Fruit!" in the Cabinet, though I shall
wait until it is more certain who will be President in the coming weeks to
take any such advice to heart.  Except as necessary when campaigning.

I believe two-star's first Null Gadget has been created, and it's time for
him to auction it off.

The following entities were those transferred from the Church of Odo on the
Wormhole to Niccolo Flychuck on September 4th, and are now being
transferred back:

   580 A$, 10 PFAlfvaen, 8 PC, 3 Prosthetic Foreheads, the Rene, the
   Earth, the Han Solo, and the Nada.

All the players who were placed on Vacation by the latest R257 call are now
On Ice--that's Whiz, fnord, Dread Pirate Roberts, AZTEC GOD, and Ace
Rimmer.

I'm not sure what happened to Darth Vader.  See, I believe that when e
first joined, as Clairence, e became an Active player, so left behind an
Undead; what happens to a player who returns but never becomes Active?  I
think an Undead should still be left behind, and if the Rules don't work
that way now, they should.  Actually, I believe that if e has been, at any
time, an active player, then e becomes an undead.

I also support removing the requirement of having "Acka" in subject lines,
though I do think it is a nice thing to have for visual sorting.

Here's a thought regarding Treasure Maps: there's no way to legislate that
an actual Treasure Map be written when a Treasure is buried, since it need
not be revealed to anyone else until either the Treasure is discovered, or
the Map is passed on to a Custodian.  I admit not having written up Maps
right away for all of my Treasures(though if it comes to a CFCJ, I'll deny
everything...:-)  But is it possible to write up a Treasure Map that is
extensible?  Something like adding a clause to my Fantasy Billboard
treasure saying "If the Fantasy Billboard contest should cease to be run,
Alfvaen shall add another condition to this map"?

Since Robert Sevin's Gaol term happened while I was on hiatus, it never
really got harfed, since I figured he probably got released before I had
the chance to put the Gaol icon on the PE page...

breadbox has pointed out to me that I forgot to credit Vynd with Silliness
for P2309.  Good work at sneaking that phrase in there!

I'm not sure if the three-day period require by R254 passed between
Niccolo Flychuck becoming Non-Voting and becoming Voting(Pending) again.

Malenkai's right; I don't believe that Rule 1313 has sufficient precedence
to allow Undead's houses to be swept away...  I do wish someone had gone on
a two-day Vacation to the land of Og, though.  (Well, I suppose norpan or
most of our R257 On-Icers can do it...)  Unless anyone can point out a
reason why I can't, as unofficial Acting Map-Harfer(who is still waiting
for two-star to take over his duties in this regard)I am keeping track of
all the floating buildings.

Red Barn: So are you saying that on my "Holders of Offices And Unique
Entities" page you would like email addresses there too, or mailto: links?
Maybe you'd be better off doing a search on the PE page...

I saw Niccolo Flychuck and Vynd paying their contempt fines; the others,
/dev/joe, Voting Gnome, and Rex Mundi, get Gaoled for three days as of
sometime yesterday(I'm not sure when, and don't feel like digging through
my email to find out at this precise moment).  I think Hearings would be
good as well.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Rush:Nobody's Hero
Current Book--Donald Kingsbury:Courtship Rite
Her hair spilled out like rootbeer...

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 12:53:32 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Bond Dividends For September 29, 1997

The Tornado, of course, shook things up quite a bit.  PFmr cwms and
PFtwo-stars were particularly good investments; PFVoting Gnomes
particularly bad ones.

Score changes used for bond cycle calculation:
- ----------------------------------------------
Ace Rimmer: -12
Alfvaen: -6
Antimatter: 33
Archie Leach: 96
Atilla the Pun: 0
AZTEC GOD: 20
Balsamic Dragon: -32
Ben: 0
breadbox: -2
Calvin N Hobbes: 14
CarsesraC: 0
Chaos: 0
Crackfoo: -69
Darth Vader: 0
/dev/joe: 10
Dread Pirate Roberts: 10
fnord: 65
Guy Fawkes: -85
ILIOS: 21
Karma: 54
Malenkai: -74
mr cwm: 102
Mr. Lunatic Fringe: 0
Niccolo Flychuck: 8
norpan: -10
Onieros: -21
Red Barn: -44
Rex Mundi: -17
Robert Sevin: 81
SonOfWu: -27
ThinMan: 30
two-star: 110
Voting Gnome: -157
Vynd: -11
Whiz: 22
 
Bond Dividends
- --------------
Ace Rimmer: -6.0  -->  100*-12/2
Alfvaen: -2.17  -->  69*-6/2 + 10*-2/2
Antimatter: 31.35  -->  95*33
AZTEC GOD: 20.0  -->  100*20
Balsamic Dragon: -16.0  -->  100*-32/2
breadbox: -0.82  -->  82*-2/2
Calvin N Hobbes: 14.0  -->  100*14
CarsesraC: 0.0  -->  100*0
Crackfoo: -31.5  -->  30*8 + 30*-69/2 + 30*-157/2
Dread Pirate Roberts: 10.0  -->  100*10
/dev/joe: -29.24  -->  90*10 + 2*-74/2 + 15*-69/2 + 10*30 + 45*-157/2
fnord: 63.57  -->  1*-2/2 + 2*10 + 93*65 + 1*102 + 1*81 + 1*110
Karma: 54.0  -->  100*54
Malenkai: -29.23  -->  79*-74/2
mr cwm: 100.86  -->  2*-2/2 + 1*65 + 94*102 + 5*81 + 1*30
Niccolo Flychuck: 3.675  -->  5*-6/2 + 5*-2/2 + 5*10 + 5*-74/2 + 50*8 + 5*-44/2 + 5*81 + 5*-69/2
norpan: -5.0  -->  100*-10/2
Onieros: -10.5  -->  100*-21/2
Red Barn: -19.8  -->  90*-44/2
Robert Sevin: 69.02  -->  1*65 + 1*-74/2 + 85*81 + 2*-11/2
SonOfWu: -13.5  -->  100*-27/2
ThinMan: 22.85  -->  5*-6/2 + 10*-74/2 + 89*30
two-star: 106.725  -->  5*33 + 1*10 + 99*110 + 5*-157/2
Voting Gnome: -15.7  -->  20*-157/2
Vynd: -5.39  -->  98*-11/2
Whiz: 22.0  -->  100*22
Ackers: 3.24  -->  4*81
Chaos: 8.84  -->  11*-6/2 + 2*10 + 5*65 + 2*-74/2 + 5*102 + 17*8
Mr. Lunatic Fringe: -17.38  -->  1*-74/2 + 3*8 + 50*-69/2
Narf: -1.1  -->  5*-44/2
Odo on the Wormhole: -0.3  -->  10*-6/2
RexBank: -8.5  -->  100*-17/2

#award Ace Rimmer: -6 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Alfvaen: -3 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Antimatter: 32 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award AZTEC GOD: 20 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Balsamic Dragon: -16 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award breadbox: -1 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Calvin N Hobbes: 14 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Crackfoo: -32 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Dread Pirate Roberts: 10 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award /dev/joe: -30 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award fnord: 64 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Karma: 54 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Malenkai: -30 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award mr cwm: 101 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Niccolo Flychuck: 4 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award norpan: -5 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Onieros: -11 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Red Barn: -20 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Robert Sevin: 70 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award SonOfWu: -14 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award ThinMan: 23 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award two-star: 107 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Voting Gnome: -16 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Vynd: -6 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Whiz: 22 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Ackers: 4 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Chaos: 9 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Mr. Lunatic Fringe: -18 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Narf: -2 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award Odo on the Wormhole: -1 A$ : dividend Sep 29
#award RexBank: -9 A$ : dividend Sep 29

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Rush:Nobody's Hero
Current Book--Donald Kingsbury:Courtship Rite
Double, double, toil and trouble, only $1.50 this week at Bud's!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 12:36:16 -0700
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc 2

Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
> 

> I believe two-star's first Null Gadget has been created, and it's time for
> him to auction it off.

yeah, yeah. I was just about to get around to that. A public auction on 
the Null Gadget begins now. Be the first in your kaa to own one of the 
more useless entities I've seen around here. At least it isn't broken.

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:01:40 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc 2

> I saw Niccolo Flychuck and Vynd paying their contempt fines; the others,
> /dev/joe, Voting Gnome, and Rex Mundi, get Gaoled for three days as of
> sometime yesterday(I'm not sure when, and don't feel like digging through
> my email to find out at this precise moment).  I think Hearings would be
> good as well.

I am making an Appeal for Pardon.
Please let me out, Mr. President.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 19:23:18 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc 2

> Here's a thought regarding Treasure Maps: there's no way to legislate that
> an actual Treasure Map be written when a Treasure is buried, since it need
> not be revealed to anyone else until either the Treasure is discovered, or
> the Map is passed on to a Custodian.  I admit not having written up Maps
> right away for all of my Treasures(though if it comes to a CFCJ, I'll deny
> everything...:-)  But is it possible to write up a Treasure Map that is
> extensible?  Something like adding a clause to my Fantasy Billboard
> treasure saying "If the Fantasy Billboard contest should cease to be run,
> Alfvaen shall add another condition to this map"?

What is to stop the CotC from choosing a judge without rolling, or the
Speaker from choosing rather than rolling the Tornado outcome?  The point is
that there are parts of this game that are handled on a trust basis, and
if that is compromised, no sort of legislation will fix it.  Basically we 
trust each other to follow the rules in non-publically knowable situations.
I place treasure maps in that category; you are on your honor to write them
at the time the treasure is buried because that is what the rules require -- 
to do otherwise is against the rules of the nomic.  

I personally have written all my maps before burying the treasures, and have
avoided gimmicks such as "the treasure will be found when I publically
announce it is".  To me, there is a challenge in that -- to write a map that
has the intended effect, prevents the treasure from being found in unintended
ways, and anticipates changes in the game state, or breaks because of changes
to the game state.  To me, that is really cool.  If a map requires the
collection
of some number of entities, and the map is a year old, the entities may no
longer exist.  It would be no fun to simply handwave a change in the map, it
now becomes an additional challenge for the hunter to get the entities back in
the game, for example, or change the game state back so the map will again
work.
That is so cool to me, and to do otherwise would ruin the treasure rule, IMO.

As for your specific question about changing maps that are written as described
in the rule, there is a precedent, and that is my games and contests rewrite
proposal, in which I had {{text}} to amend the map for treasure 101.  Treasure
maps are entities and part of the game state, thus rules can be used to change
their text.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 20:57:33 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: re acka Gaol

/dev/joe, Voting Gnome, and Rex Mundi, are in Gaol  cells numbered six, 6,
and, VI
cell number six description as follows:
John .F. Kennedys portrait splashes over the walls in a avant garde fashion
known only to the cells occupant. It is the most marvelous painting style
ever concieved to man or Acazen alike. While the common criminal sits in
the cell, the ability to reproduce this style is fully fathomed, an
absolute fortune could be made from this painting style, surely, but upon
release the tawdry lawbreaker will recollect nothing of the gift he has
understood.

Cell number 6 description as follows :
This cell is exactly like a log on the inside, yet it's on the inside of
the log. There's a bump on the log with a frog on a hole in the middle of
the sea, but it's on the inside of the bump on the log with a .... It's
mindblowing!

cell number VI description as follows :
This cell is riddled with anti religios artifacts in their original form
from the first Black Sabbath ever celebrated by Mephistopholes at the peak
of his ruling as Crommel of Hades. Unholy water spits out of the toilet
seat anytime a priest has to use the facilities.

Since Alfvaen mentioned the sentence starting yesterday I will just count
two more days from the time of this message. Thank You.

- - Karma (Gaoler) 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 20:04:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc 2

> I'm not sure what happened to Darth Vader.  See, I believe that when
> e first joined, as Clairence, e became an Active player, so left
> behind an Undead; what happens to a player who returns but never
> becomes Active?  I think an Undead should still be left behind, and
> if the Rules don't work that way now, they should.  Actually, I
> believe that if e has been, at any time, an active player, then e
> becomes an undead.

Good question, Alfvaen. Clairence was an active player, and Rule 256
does say:

> 4) If the player was at any time Active or Non-Voting, the procedure
> continues [to create an Undead for em].

I think the only other time this has happened was with Simon Marty
Harriman. I'm not sure, but I believe that he did not get an Undead
when he left the second time, but was removed as pending. I'm not sure
if the relevant rules changed significantly bewteen now and then.

Anyone else want to throw in an opinion, or do we need a CFJ?

> I'm not sure if the three-day period require by R254 passed between
> Niccolo Flychuck becoming Non-Voting and becoming Voting(Pending) again.

Niccolo Flychuck became Non-Voting on the 25th at 5AM, and became
Voting again on the 28th at 8AM, so it succeeded.

> breadbox has pointed out to me that I forgot to credit Vynd with
> Silliness for P2309.  Good work at sneaking that phrase in there!

BTW, I am listed as Silly on the P/E page. This is incorrect; I should
be listed as Foolish instead. (This was for the proposal that created
the Foolish designation.)

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 21:14:12 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc 2

> > I saw Niccolo Flychuck and Vynd paying their contempt fines; the others,
> > /dev/joe, Voting Gnome, and Rex Mundi, get Gaoled for three days as of
> > sometime yesterday(I'm not sure when, and don't feel like digging through
> > my email to find out at this precise moment).  I think Hearings would be
> > good as well.

> I am making an Appeal for Pardon.
> Please let me out, Mr. President.

With the elections coming up, I think it would do too much risk to my
chances to release a member of Vulcan from Gaol.  I could keep you waiting
on eleventerhooks for a couple of days longer, but I'll let you languish in
Cell six(or was that 6? VI?)a little while longer.  Long Live The
Rebellion!

So, this counts as a DENYal, as Rule 711 would so quaintly spell it.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Iron Maiden:Powerslave
Current Book--Donald Kingsbury:Courtship Rite
I browse, you browse, we all browse for eyebrows!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 21:16:43 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: re acka Gaol

> /dev/joe, Voting Gnome, and Rex Mundi, are in Gaol  cells numbered six, 6,
> and, VI

[cell descriptions elided]

Oh, very nice indeed.  I think a round of praise is due our Gaoler for his
descriptive work here.

I think you said something a while back about giving me a free tattoo?
When I have some to think about what it should look like, I'll visit the
Parlour...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Iron Maiden:Powerslave
Current Book--Donald Kingsbury:Courtship Rite
We never bothered to scream when your mask went off

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:17:51 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka misc 2

Anyone else want to throw in an opinion, or do we need a CFJ?

Is it possible to list his undead as Darth Vader rather than clarence? I
think If we're going to have undead with us in the game for the rest of our
natural lives that we could at least have a cool name for them, also with a
little bit of time reference for when we send our hard drives up in a time
capsule. Darth Vader tells you that this message is either twenty years old
or it's the 97 comeback of the Star Wars Trilogy on the populaces mind. If
this don't work now I'll attempt to append the rule governing undead to let
the players choose the coolest (If it's an option) name to walk amongst us.

- - Karma (thinking ahead):)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:33:02 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: re acka prez

I think you said something a while back about giving me a free tattoo?
(Did I really say FREE? Ah, well.)
When I have some to think about what it should look like, I'll visit the
Parlour...
Anytime. I'll try to get a building up to greet your mortorcade in style
when you do happen by.

Also;
I shall return to my home, I think I've been in the museum or the library
for a few months now and I'm getting a little ravenous for some
consumables.
- - Karma

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 23:52:56 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc 2

> Current Album--Iron Maiden:Powerslave

Good taste abounds :)

Malenkai

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #322
*******************************