Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #306
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Tuesday, September 16 1997      Volume 02 : Number 306

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:07:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Web error

I recently discovered an error in the copy of the rules on the web,
namely that Rule 511 ("Nine for Mortal Men Doomed to Die") still had
its 4th paragraph, even though Vulcan removed it as part of their
first action. Fortunately, I don't believe this paragraph's presence
or absence has had any impact on the game state since August 30th
(when it was removed).

It's now fixed, and I apologize for any confusion I might have caused.

Here's the text of the defunct paragraph, just in case:

    If Aliens have failed to capture a rule for three weeks in a row,
    then the sapphire bullet numbers are looked at. A random Majik is
    selected for consideration from among those existing Majiks which
    have sapphire bullet numbers that match rule numbers of existing
    rules. The rule with that number is abducted. The effects of the
    rule abduction will then follow from the rule called "The Sinister
    Alien Abduction Act".

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 08:43:11 -0400
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: expedition to the patch

Here are some preparations that I am making for the purposes of the
expedition.  

I am creating five trinkets of value A$5 each.  Their names are Molly
Parrot, Polly Parrot, Sally Parrot, Milly Parrot, and Danforth Parrot. 
Their description is as follows:

This is a carrier parrot.  It has beautiful plumage and attached to one of
its feet is a small box.  Into this box can be placed small items, such as
messages.  The carrier parrot can fly over enormous distances with neither
food nor water, and has an unerring sense of direction.  The carrier parrot
has a horrible screechy voice, which some say is an inducement to send the
parrot away to others, presumably with a message.  The carrier parrot can
carry any sort of message, but they are very politically minded and it is
not a good idea to have them carry votes or other items of significance to
the rules, because the carrier parrot will eat them. 

{{This is the message that the parrot is carrying.}}

End description.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:38:29 -0700
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Cheez-Whiz

Um. I think bidding for the cheez-whiz is completed. The highest bid I 
found looking back through my mail was niccolo flychuck's bid of 20 A$. 
If I didn't miss anything, he gets the cheez-whiz and 20 A$ is 
transfered from him to the treasury.

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:49:09 -0700
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Necessity's Orphan

I am creating a blueprint for a Null Gadget, delimited by WALLA:

WALLA WALLA

**two-star

I hope *this* one isn't overpowered.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:29:33 -0600
From: "Aaron V. Humphrey" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [none]

This is Alfvaen here...at my new email account at work.  My old one is
still going, but at the moment I can't actually access it...  I'm considering
putting myself on Vacation if I can't get things organized soon.  (I'm loath
to use this account too much, it's behind a proxy server so it's extremely
difficult for me to connect to my normal POP server, and my computer is in
boxes at the moment.)

This leaves Monday's bond calculations undone, I'm afraid, not to mention
tons of other harfing, but I just don't have the access right now.  :-/  If
anyone wants to be Acting whatever if I do have to go on Vacation, let me
know.  (This message is sent to acka-priv, since I'm not subscribed to the
mailing lists right now.  Maybe I should subscribe it to the digests or
something, come in some evening after work...)

- --Alfvaen, taglineless

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:54:23 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe

Guy Fawkes did not report what Phoebe said.
She has been found by Onieron.

Malenkai
Speaker

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 01:25:10 +0100
From: "Gavin Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Newspaper

#transfer RexBank, Rex Mundi: 40 A$

I am paying the 20 A$ to start a newspaper, called The Rex Times.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 01:29:34 +0100
From: "Gavin Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Little Lamb

I am taking possession of the Little Lamb, and paying the 10 A$ for the
privilege.
I am then paying 10 A$ to buy a Wool Sweater, to keep me warm on my trip
across the Wilds to the Patch.
I will sell any member of the CfU a Wool Sweater for 10 A$, if they so
desire. Actually, I'll sell one to anyone that wants. Or even anyone that
doesn't.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 01:40:41 +0100
From: "Gavin Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: The Rex Times, issue 1

This is the first issue of The Rex Times. We at TRT hope to bring you all
the latest news on the Committee for Understanding and its mission of
friendship across the Wilds of Ackanomia to reach the Pumpkin Patch.

To that end, all members of the Committee for Understanding have explicit
permission to publish in TRT.

Rex Mundi,
Editor, TRT.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:58:18 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Little Lamb

>I will sell any member of the CfU a Wool Sweater for 10 A$, if they so
>desire. Actually, I'll sell one to anyone that wants. Or even anyone that
>doesn't.

I don't think you can do this. Wool sweaters are mimsy (who knows why, but
they are).  Actually, now that I think about it, I know why.  If anyone
cares ask.

Exquisite Dead Lunatic

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:04:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Little Lamb

>> I will sell any member of the CfU a Wool Sweater for 10 A$, if they
>> so desire. Actually, I'll sell one to anyone that wants. Or even
>> anyone that doesn't.
> 
> I don't think you can do this. Wool sweaters are mimsy (who knows
> why, but they are).

"Wool sweaters are tradeable, mimsy entities." Mimsy doesn't
automatically mean nontradeable, so I think this is still legal.

> Actually, now that I think about it, I know why.  If anyone cares
> ask.

Why? I honestly don't know, myself.

> Exquisite Dead Lunatic

Are you hanging outside my high-rise apartment again?

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 23:43:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Cleaning House

Well, I've finally gotten around to my Spring Cleaning.  First off, I am
renaming my house, long known as Somewhere Else.  It's new name is The
Faceless State.  I am also leaving my beloved organization, "the Supreme
Court."

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #306
*******************************