Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #292
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Saturday, September 6 1997      Volume 02 : Number 292

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 22:40:37 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 456 (Onieros)

> I am curious about this disregard for game custom.  As I think has been
> stated, game custom is used for those cases where the Rules are ambiguous
> or absent, when a "Strict Interpretation" judge would have to rule
> UNDECIDED.  Think of it, perhaps, as "precedent" rather than game custom,
> since much game custom is delineated by the verdicts of earlier CFJ's.

The rules say when and when not to use game custom.  It can be disregarded
if the rules do not require its use.  The rules in question are 101 and 215.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 23:28:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 456 (Onieros)

On Sat, 6 Sep 1997, Malenkai wrote:

> > I am curious about this disregard for game custom.  As I think has been
> > stated, game custom is used for those cases where the Rules are ambiguous
> > or absent, when a "Strict Interpretation" judge would have to rule
> > UNDECIDED.  Think of it, perhaps, as "precedent" rather than game custom,
> > since much game custom is delineated by the verdicts of earlier CFJ's.
> 
> The rules say when and when not to use game custom.  It can be disregarded
> if the rules do not require its use.  The rules in question are 101 and 215.
> 
> Malenkai
> 

we all realize that no one who is new to the game can possibly know game
custom in the sense of "how things ususally happen.'  however, the
extensive CFj archives are what you might call "official" game custom, and
your judgement should be in accordance with them unless you find that THEY
are not in accordance with the rules.

                                  - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #292
*******************************