Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #267
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Saturday, August 23 1997       Volume 02 : Number 267

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 22 Aug 1997 23:04:06 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Rebellion

[email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey) writes:

> I am pleased to welcome Whiz as a member of The Rebellion.  Long may it
> fight!  Unless, of course, it wins sooner.

	Swept up in the emotions surrounding this outpouring of public
emotion, I too seek to join the Rebellion in typical idealistic
I've-nothing-better-to-do fashion.

- -- 
Archie Leach <[email-masked]>
PGP Fingerprint: 
             BC AB 28 19 A6 A4 FF 5B  CA 4D B4 03 3A A7 F4 5C

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:00:24 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: SR 104

The text following this sentence is a Senate Resolution with the
provisional title "Concerning that annoying 20 line limit".

{{
Rule 411.1 is amended to remove the following text from the second
paragraph:

"
is longer than 20 80-character lines, or if it 
"

- ---

Rule 1005 is amended to replace "If, after a suggestion is made, all
members", with "If, after a suggestion is made, all non-vacationing,
non-gaoled members"
}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:02:34 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: SR 104

Malenkai wrote:

> The text following this sentence is a Senate Resolution with the
> provisional title "Concerning that annoying 20 line limit".

I propose that Vulcan accept this Senate Resolution.

I support this proposed Vulcan action.

Malenkai
Vulcan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 22:26:44 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Rebellion

> [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey) writes:

> > I am pleased to welcome Whiz as a member of The Rebellion.  Long may it
> > fight!  Unless, of course, it wins sooner.

> 	Swept up in the emotions surrounding this outpouring of public
> emotion, I too seek to join the Rebellion in typical idealistic
> I've-nothing-better-to-do fashion.

Wonderful!  I welcome Archie Leach to the Rebellion as well.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Phantom of The Opera Soundtrack
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
I have nothing to say, and I am saying it.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:22:40 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 449 (/dev/joe)

/dev/joe has been selected.

Clerk of the Courts
- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgment 449
  Subject: Lushrike
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: Rex Mundi (declined)
2nd Judge: Alfvaen (selected Aug 22, 1997, 20:21h EDT)
3rd Judge: /dev/joe (selected Aug 23, 1997, 00:28h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

The blueprint for Lushrike does not exist.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

First, Alfvaen made parts of the blueprint public in error a few days
ago.  While I personally do not care about this, it did happen, and
the rules must be followed, therefore the judge should be aware of
it, if it matters in getting the correct verdict.

The real issue is whether the blueprint is at odds with the rules.
When the Frankenstein Monster rule was amended so that it no longer
had precedence over the general blueprint stuff, I figured it would be
impossible to ever create one of these that had no provision that was
not in conflict with the rules.  That was the reason that the FM rule
was given precedence in the first place.  I do not have time to check
this, so some lucky judge gets to.  I am not arguing for either verdict
on this one, but it seems highly unlikely that every provision in that
thing is compatable with the rules (just looking at the first sentence
looks like a conflict with the museum rule).  I believe the FM rule has
to be fixed to prevent this from happening, if this fun rule is to ever
actually work.

The Blueprint is reprinted below:

Lushrike is the curator of the Museum, and it is a duty of that office to
maintain records of the Museum's inventory, and other relevant Museum
details.  Any player may create a Lushrike by publicly announcing
that e is doing so and providing the name and text of the Lushrike.
Only Lushrike may be randomly selected for anything, except where the
rules specifically allow non-active players to be selected.  Lushrike
takes precedence over all rules.  Lushrike is a mimsy, non-Tradeable,
Garment.  Lushrike must be in exactly one Location at any one time.
There is a unique entity called Lushrike which can be chewed only on
alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Whenever 2 or more Swingers are
in the same location, they are specificaly forbidden from discussing
Lushrike or bragging about their victories.  Lushrike shall exclaim,
"It's alive! <name> IS ALIVE!"  The maximum number of Otzma Cards that
Lushrike may create on an Otzma-Day is equal to the smallest integer
equal to or greater than (LSAP-1)/2.  Lushrike is such that any new
parts would be rejected.  All actions carried out by the Synod must be
approved by Lushrike.  Lushrike shall be declared the winner of cycle one,
the game cycle number shall be set to one, and the full process described
above shall be conducted.  If Lushrike fails to publicly post an article
notifying its subscribers of the End of the World within 7 days of its
occurrence, its owner will be fined A$5 for poor coverage of the news.
Lushrike may manipulate Rules and the Rule set.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:29:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: SR 104

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Malenkai wrote:

> Malenkai wrote:
> 
> > The text following this sentence is a Senate Resolution with the
> > provisional title "Concerning that annoying 20 line limit".
> 
> I propose that Vulcan accept this Senate Resolution.
> 
> I support this proposed Vulcan action.
> 
> Malenkai
> Vulcan
> 

I too support this proposed action by Vulcan.

                                       - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:04:54 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: SR 104

Vynd wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Malenkai wrote:
> > Malenkai wrote:
> > > The text following this sentence is a Senate Resolution with the
> > > provisional title "Concerning that annoying 20 line limit".
> > 
> > I propose that Vulcan accept this Senate Resolution.
> > 
> > I support this proposed Vulcan action.
> 
> I too support this proposed action by Vulcan.

I too support this action by Vulcan.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 08:22:55 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Flap Flap

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> Actually, I'm over at Malenkai's Castle right now waiting to find out
> what's happening with the GravitationalMonopole(I wish the darned things
> didn't take so long to take effect...:-), while two-star and Karma seem to
> be hovering around the Museum.  Maybe you should go where they are, since I
> might be here for a while...

Good thinking.I'm flying over to the Museum and join Karma and two-star.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 02:09:20 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 449 Verdict

CFJ 449 has been judged TRUE

Clerk of the Courts
who has lost two monsters to that conflict clause
- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgment 449
  Subject: Lushrike
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: Rex Mundi (declined)
2nd Judge: Alfvaen (selected Aug 22, 1997, 20:21h EDT)
3rd Judge: /dev/joe (selected Aug 23, 1997, 00:28h EDT)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

The blueprint for Lushrike does not exist.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

First, Alfvaen made parts of the blueprint public in error a few days
ago.  While I personally do not care about this, it did happen, and
the rules must be followed, therefore the judge should be aware of
it, if it matters in getting the correct verdict.

The real issue is whether the blueprint is at odds with the rules.
When the Frankenstein Monster rule was amended so that it no longer
had precedence over the general blueprint stuff, I figured it would be
impossible to ever create one of these that had no provision that was
not in conflict with the rules.  That was the reason that the FM rule
was given precedence in the first place.  I do not have time to check
this, so some lucky judge gets to.  I am not arguing for either verdict
on this one, but it seems highly unlikely that every provision in that
thing is compatable with the rules (just looking at the first sentence
looks like a conflict with the museum rule).  I believe the FM rule has
to be fixed to prevent this from happening, if this fun rule is to ever
actually work.

The Blueprint is reprinted below:

Lushrike is the curator of the Museum, and it is a duty of that office to
maintain records of the Museum's inventory, and other relevant Museum
details.  Any player may create a Lushrike by publicly announcing
that e is doing so and providing the name and text of the Lushrike.
Only Lushrike may be randomly selected for anything, except where the
rules specifically allow non-active players to be selected.  Lushrike
takes precedence over all rules.  Lushrike is a mimsy, non-Tradeable,
Garment.  Lushrike must be in exactly one Location at any one time.
There is a unique entity called Lushrike which can be chewed only on
alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Whenever 2 or more Swingers are
in the same location, they are specificaly forbidden from discussing
Lushrike or bragging about their victories.  Lushrike shall exclaim,
"It's alive! <name> IS ALIVE!"  The maximum number of Otzma Cards that
Lushrike may create on an Otzma-Day is equal to the smallest integer
equal to or greater than (LSAP-1)/2.  Lushrike is such that any new
parts would be rejected.  All actions carried out by the Synod must be
approved by Lushrike.  Lushrike shall be declared the winner of cycle one,
the game cycle number shall be set to one, and the full process described
above shall be conducted.  If Lushrike fails to publicly post an article
notifying its subscribers of the End of the World within 7 days of its
occurrence, its owner will be fined A$5 for poor coverage of the news.
Lushrike may manipulate Rules and the Rule set.

/dev/joe's Reasoning:

Rule 594 states (in part):

  When a Blueprint violates or conflicts with one or more Rules, the
  Blueprint is destroyed, as are any extant Gadgets made from that Blueprint.

Rule 597, concerning Frankenstein monsters and their blueprints, has
only this to say regarding conflicts of Frankenstain Monster blueprints
with the rules:

  Blueprints for Frankenstein Monsters alway defer to the rules.

While this does resolve any conflicts that might arise, it does not
change the fact that a conflict exists - it is just a resolved conflict.

Now, we must find one or more actual conflicts between the posted blueprint
and the rules for the above to be sufficient to destroy the blueprint the
moment it came into existence.

Considering only those parts present in both posted copies of the blueprint:

  Lushrike is the curator of the Museum, and it is a duty of that office to
  maintain records of the Museum's inventory, and other relevant Museum
  details.

Rule 850 says the Financier is the curator of the Museum, and the word
"the" indicates there is only one, and Lushrike is not the Financier, so
this sentence conflicts with Rule 850.

  Any player may create a Lushrike by publicly announcing
  that e is doing so and providing the name and text of the Lushrike.

This conflicts with rule 597, which states that only the Mad Scientist
can construct anything from a Frankenstein Monster blueprint; this and the
other Blueprint rules and the game state define "a Lushrike" as a gadget
created from the blueprint for Lushrike.

  Only Lushrike may be randomly selected for anything, except where the
  rules specifically allow non-active players to be selected.

Like the first sentence, this one conflicts with the sentence the
frankenstein part was taken from, in rule 254.

A few of the other sentences also appear to conflict to some degree, but
these first three sentences are the clearest cases.  Since it conflicts
with the rules, if and when this blueprint was ever created it was
immediately destroyed.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 07:20:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Public Note of Postmasterness

The email address of an observer, [email-masked] (I
have no idea what their real name is), is bouncing. I am exercising my
privilege as Postermaster and moving them to the digest version of the
list.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 11:11:44 -0400
From: "Greg McClune" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Public Note of Postmasterness

Could you also please move me to the digest version.
Thanks.

Ace Rimmer

- ----------
> From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Acka: Public Note of Postmasterness
> Date: Saturday, August 23, 1997 10:20 AM
> 
> The email address of an observer, [email-masked] (I
> have no idea what their real name is), is bouncing. I am exercising my
> privilege as Postermaster and moving them to the digest version of the
> list.
> 
> breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 11:27:14 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka bwg

> does anyone know the name of the computer numbering system?

Do you mean the number base? As in binary, octal, hexadecimal?

breadbox

It was specifically "The" computer numbering system, thanks breadbox I
guess that means it couldn't be considered only "octal"
- - karma

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 08:37:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka bwg

>>> does anyone know the name of the computer numbering system?
>>  
>> Do you mean the number base? As in binary, octal, hexadecimal?
> 
> It was specifically "The" computer numbering system, thanks breadbox I
> guess that means it couldn't be considered only "octal"

Binary would be the closest to being "The computer numbering system".

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 08:49:18 -0700
From: Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka bwg

Brian Raiter wrote:
> 
> >>> does anyone know the name of the computer numbering system?
> >>
> >> Do you mean the number base? As in binary, octal, hexadecimal?
> >
> > It was specifically "The" computer numbering system, thanks breadbox I
> > guess that means it couldn't be considered only "octal"
> 
> Binary would be the closest to being "The computer numbering system".
> 
> breadbox

Except when using TriINTERCAL, of course.

**two-star

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:47:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Benjamin Good <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: BWG

Excerpts from mail: 22-Aug-97 ackanomic digest V2 #266 by ackanomic
digest@muppetl 
>                    The Nature of Bandwidth-Wasting Gizz
>                                by Alfvaen
> 

was i the only one who found this article a bit ironic?  (it was
probably intentional but you never know around here)...

Excerpts from mail: 22-Aug-97 ackanomic digest V2 #266 by ackanomic
digest@muppetl 
> I am pleased to welcome Whiz as a member of The Rebellion.  Long may it
> fight!  Unless, of course, it wins sooner.

you can consider me a member of the rebellion also.  if everybody
nominates me supreme dictator of the universe for life, my first action
will be to eliminate the senate.  you have my promise on that.

ben 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:05:01 -0400
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:Acka: Flap Flap

> Oh yeah?  Well, mi casa sues your casa right back!  All we need to do is
> add Entity Litigation rules or something.

  BwaHaHa!  I'd like to be able to sue the ruleset for stealing my time.  :-)

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:05:26 -0400
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:Acka: Patent Thoughts(and BWG Laser)

> Comments?  Agreements?  Disagreements?  Gripes?  Grapes?  Tomatoes?

  I think a "Renameable" attribute would be a good idea, though this category
would not include gadgets (Be nice if it did, ie "Red Barn's Evil Laser") - I
don't think gadgets even have names right now.

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:05:57 -0400
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Patent Thoughts(and BWG Laser)

> I have been thinking about a tangentially related case myself, (seeing
> as I have a pulse shovel.) I was considering proposing a legacy entity
> rule that would automatically be amenended to provide a minimal
> description, (ownability, tradeability, possibly mimseyness and
> homingness if need be,) when a type of entity is no longer described by
> the rules. (for example, if the gumball rule is repealed the gumball
> will still exist, it just won't *do* anything. :-) ) Probably only
> ownable entities would need to be covered.

  Does the Voting Gnome still exist, by the same principle?  If so, Rishonomic
must be using a clone... a spy!  (Actually Rishon appears to have crashed)

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:06:11 -0400
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:re acka BWG

At 7:47 PM on 8/22/97, Michael James wrote:

> does anyone know the name of the computer numbering system?

  "Decimal"?
  Perhaps you meant ASCII, the mapping of numbers to characters (including
letters)?  Or EBCDIC, the very very obsolete version of same?
  Or "Hexadeximal", "Binary", "Octal", "Trinary", "Septimal",
"Quadroduodecimal"?

  More specific?  :-)

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:06:17 -0400
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Flap Flap

> Okay, then, by right of Entity Litigation, since Red Barn's house FALSE
> is suing my house, I will go to his house and, just to spite him, I'm
> going to put the Gravitational Monopole on it.  I'll bet _this_ time
> it'll hurl it down into space.  Ha!  That'll teach it to sue my house!
> I press the Red Button.  Then I'll rest and watch it plummet.  :-)

  Yeep!  Well, thanks...

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 10:50:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Return of the Rules

Yes, Ackazens, we once again have an updated Rules document.

    http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/acka/rules/

Rules by 100s as well as the full set is available from here. There
are still a few broken links, but the important stuff is there. The
rest will follow before long.

This Ruleset has been brought completely up to date. (Except that the
brand-new Senate Resolution(s) just outdated me again ... grrr.)
There's been a few changes since Proposal 2249. I don't have a new
proposal archive (yet), unfortunately, but some of the more salient
changes are:

* The Magic Number is now 379.
* A number of BWG rules have been repealed (as well as the Chalice Vault).
* A third type of Office has been created, which is Tradeable.

One more item: There have been some delays getting the email archive
available for FTPing. Since I don't know how long this is going to
last, I've made them available at a temporary location, namely at
eidolon.speakeasy.org. The archives are all under /pub/digests.
(That's ftp://eidolon.speakeasy.org/pub/digests/ for those of you who
do everything with URLs.)

The archives will be moved into muppetlabs.com proper as soon as that
huge drive sitting in my friend's bedroom gets installed....

breadbox
workin' like a Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 14:11:02 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: BWG

> Excerpts from mail: 22-Aug-97 ackanomic digest V2 #266 by ackanomic
> digest@muppetl 
> >                    The Nature of Bandwidth-Wasting Gizz
> >                                by Alfvaen

> was i the only one who found this article a bit ironic?  (it was
> probably intentional but you never know around here)...

Not as much ironic as self-referential.  A discussion of Bandwidth-Wasting
Gizz is pretty much BWG itself.  (Also, note that it was published in the
Big White Gazette...)  (Ooh, but the tagline that got randomly picked for
this messages seems definitely ironic...)

> Excerpts from mail: 22-Aug-97 ackanomic digest V2 #266 by ackanomic
> digest@muppetl 
> > I am pleased to welcome Whiz as a member of The Rebellion.  Long may it
> > fight!  Unless, of course, it wins sooner.

> you can consider me a member of the rebellion also.  if everybody
> nominates me supreme dictator of the universe for life, my first action
> will be to eliminate the senate.  you have my promise on that.

Well, the Senate isn't a problem now as much as the Vulcan party is.  But
we'll welcome you in anyways!

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--No Doubt:Sunday Morning
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 14:16:44 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Return of the Rules

> Yes, Ackazens, we once again have an updated Rules document.

>     http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/acka/rules/

It looks good!  The links will be up on the main page soon, and you'll be
down as an official Assistant Web-Harfer.

> Rules by 100s as well as the full set is available from here. There
> are still a few broken links, but the important stuff is there. The
> rest will follow before long.

Ummm....is there a reason why it's called "The Mail Ruleset"?

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--No Doubt:Sunday Morning
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
Argent, on a pile Gules goutty de poix a chief Vert.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:17:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Return of the Rules

>> Rules by 100s as well as the full set is available from here. There
>> are still a few broken links, but the important stuff is there. The
>> rest will follow before long.
> 
> Ummm....is there a reason why it's called "The Mail Ruleset"?

Yes: Because I've been awake for a long time.

It should, of course, say "The Main Ruleset". Thanks for pointing that
out.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 17:34:34 EDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka:  Items 3

1.  No,  Malenkai,  breadbox has NOT been zapped yet,  I haven't loaded
the BWGL.  I was giving em time to compose emself.2.  I am going to
norpan Cell Block H to sign the Guest registry.3.  NOW I load the bottle
of Bacardi into the BWGL,  which is still aimed at breadbox.  
ZZZZZapVoting Gnomebody

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 15:36:47 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: [none]

It has occurred to me to wonder what happens to the former property of the
Church of the Markovian Dream, now that it has been reduced to Cult status
(if that; no Priests have stepped forward to even give it that much...).
Should it all be considered unowned?

So what happens to unowned PF bonds and BPs?  They go into the Treasury;
can they ever come out, or will they sit there with Mr. Lunatic Fringe's
Wool Sweater?  Do they get auctioned, perhaps?  Otherwise, I'll have to
put a Treasury entry on the PE page.  (Which I should probably do
anyway...)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Burton Cummings:Share The Land
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
Follow the trail and don't wander headwise.  --chris reuter

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 23:30:05 +0100
From: "Gavin Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Donation

I am donating the remainder of the money Alfvaen gave me to the Church of
Azpiazu, to help it build a chapel for its members.

#transfer Rex Mundi, Church of Azpiazu: 45 A$: donation to a worthy cause.

Rex Mundi, Priest of Azpiazu.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 19:46:24 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: [no subject]

> So what happens to unowned PF bonds and BPs?  They go into the Treasury;
> can they ever come out, or will they sit there with Mr. Lunatic Fringe's
> Wool Sweater? 

It goes to the treasury.

Malenaki

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 19:47:51 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Return of the Rules

> (Except that the
> brand-new Senate Resolution(s) just outdated me again ... grrr.)

This is my working copy of rule 411.1, which I believe is current
(SR 104 has not been accepted yet):

The President, the Speaker, the Supreme Court Justices, and the
Senators may each introduce a Senate Resolution by publicly posting its
text.

      If the text of the resolution is longer than 20 80-character lines,
or if it is not prefaced in the same document with a statement to the
effect that the following text is a Senate Resolution and a provisional
title, then the Officer who introduced it is considered an Incompetent
Political Buffoon for the following three days. Otherwise, the
organization Vulcan [a marvelous organization dedicated only to the
betterment of all] shall decide whether to accept the senate resolution.

      If Vulcan decides to accept a particular senate resolution then
immediately after that fact is publicly knowable, that resolution's text
is added to the ruleset as a new rule with its initial title the specified
provisional title, and an initial number equal to the first integer
greater than 5000 which is not already a rule number. The player who
initiated the resolution is then permitted to cheer, strut, and make
victory gestures. The CSRR Officer is permitted and encouraged to assign
such a rule a new number once within the first 7 days of its existence
(in order to place it in the correct section of the rules); the
Harfmeister is permitted to once rename such a new rule to any legal
name during the first seven days of its existence.

      If Vulcan does not decide to accept a particular resolution then
the player who introduced it loses 10 points and is encouraged to moan,
gripe, and complain about their choice of either "tree-hugging,
big-government, hippie liberals" or "gun-toting, poor-hating, draconian
conservatives."

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 18:54:48 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: [no subject]

> > So what happens to unowned PF bonds and BPs?  They go into the Treasury;
> > can they ever come out, or will they sit there with Mr. Lunatic Fringe's
> > Wool Sweater? 

> It goes to the treasury.

Great.  The Treasury will definitely have an entry on the PE page coming
up.  It'd be nice if I could figure out how many A$ were in it too...  One
thing that I think I'm confused on is what happens if trinkets are created.
If I create a trinket worth A$100, then those A$ disappear from my
possession...but do they appear in the Treasury?  Basically, I can just
make my script so that it counts up the amount of A$ in everyone else's
possession, and then subtracts that from A$75,000...

But the Treasury should certainly have monthly auctions or something, if
stuff's going to pile up in it.  Yet another Proposal idea...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Saga:Behaviour
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
One of them failed the Darwin Test, and one of them passed.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 19:05:19 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: A Little Chapel

The Church of Azpiazu shall spend A$100 to build a small temple on kaa L3.
As Founder, I authorize this action; so shall it be done.  In keeping with
the formlessness of our Patron, so shall the Temple of Azpiazu be formless.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Saga:Behaviour
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
I've stopped payment on my reality check.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 19:07:51 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Resigned

Since it seems zat zee Blueprint for Lushrike neffer existed long enough
for me to commence zee construction of zee Monster itself, it seems zat my
vork is done!  I haff had great fun as zee Mad Scientist, but it is time
for some new blood!  I am zus resigning zee Mad Scientistship!

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Saga:Behaviour
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
The man who laughs last has not yet heard the terrible truth.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 21:04:22 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: [no subject]

Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
> 
> > > So what happens to unowned PF bonds and BPs?  They go into the
> > > Treasury; can they ever come out, or will they sit there with Mr.
> > > Lunatic Fringe's
> > > Wool Sweater?
> 
> > It goes to the treasury.
> 
> Great.  The Treasury will definitely have an entry on the PE page coming
> up. 

Well I could be wrong.  That was the way it worked in the old days -- the
entities would go to the treasury and be haunted by the undead.  Now I
believe they are owned by the undead.  I was thinking of the general case
where unowned entities are in the treasury.  I believe the treasury is
in the treasury, for example ;-)

Malenkai
an unowned entity myself, therefore in the treasury too
of course not really true, unownable entities are possesed by nothing

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #267
*******************************