Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #263
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest      Wednesday, August 20 1997      Volume 02 : Number 263

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:57:55 -0400
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses

> >I think we have a real public health emergency here. It was bad enough 
> >to have the disscussion of unix editors which really didn't belong on 
> >the list, but this is going too far. I am calling for a snowgod's 
> >disease hearing to be held against Red Barn on the text quoted above.
> 
>   *sigh*.  Vote yes, publically b'cause I have no Idea who to send it to.
> 

Awwww, look at those sad eyes!  You just can't stay mad at him can you?

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: 20 Aug 1997 14:04:14 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Vacation

AC>> >
AC>>
AC>> Let me be the first to congratulate you.  Well, the first person in Acka
AC>> to congratulate you, on a marriage which, I feel I must point out, is
AC>> taking place entirely outside the bounds of the rules, and hence is
AC>> unofficial.  Ah well, I'm sure it'll all work out just fine, unless you
AC>> do something stupid at the bachelor party.
AC>>

AC>I think we should institute marriage in the rules!  And after we get
AC>completely on-line, I'm going to propose!

AC>(the rule that is!)
AC>Balsamic Dragon

The last "family-oriented" proposal we had was in some respect harfy,
but quite frankly, made me want to vomit.  (Somehow, though, I remember
voting for it.)  I don't remember the exact wording, but it involved the
Ackanomic Gumball as the creator of the basic Acka family unit, and it
was integrally involved in Acka-reproduction.  Perhaps I voted for it
because I've always desired to make the Gumball do _something_, but then
again, perhaps I've been missing the point for almost a year now :)

GF

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:01:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses

>Awwww, look at those sad eyes!  You just can't stay mad at him can you?

         %
        / \
      /     \
    / -    -  \
  /  | |  | |   \
/     -    -      \
 |    _______    |
 |    | \ / |    |
 |    |  X  |    |
 |    | / \ |    |
- -------------------

:-)

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:12:11 -0400
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses

> 
> If I can do so from vacation, I leave to allow someone to take my
> position.
> 
No problem, Whiz and Rex Mundi, since you are the two new players who
haven't sent their moves yet, do either of you want to take over for mr
cwm?

If so, state it publically and the first request I receive will get his
spot.  

Otherwise, just send me your three moves as normal.  

Getting heady with authority,
Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:29:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Martin Norb{ck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: VirusesZ

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Vivian Norwood wrote:

> No problem, Whiz and Rex Mundi, since you are the two new players who
> haven't sent their moves yet, do either of you want to take over for mr
> cwm?

Shouldn't this discussion take place in the acka-games mailing list instead?

/norpan

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:43:51 -0400
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: VirusesZ

> Shouldn't this discussion take place in the acka-games mailing list
instead?
> 

Probably, but I'm not sure how to do that!

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:49:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: VirusesZ

>Probably, but I'm not sure how to do that!

  I've already had a Snowgod's Hearing called on me, so...
  Just send mail to [email-masked], instead of
[email-masked] (that's assuming you're subscribed).

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 16:02:33 -0400
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: VirusesZ

>   I've already had a Snowgod's Hearing called on me, so...
>   Just send mail to [email-masked], instead of
> [email-masked] (that's assuming you're subscribed).

doh!

I just kept doing reply!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:52:05 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses Referee?

> I give Alfvaen my full support.
> I have only the time to be an observer. And with this message I 
> ask to change my status from ??? to observer.

This should probably be construed as a request to leave the game, right?
Although without unsubscription from the mailing lists...

You know, I think game custom seems to dictate that one of the actions
people can take on Vacation is to leave the game.  Bascule did, for
instance.  If this isn't supported by the Rules, then this should be
another job for the CSRR Officer...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Crash Test Dummies:God Shuffled His Feet
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
I'm an antisolipsist--everybody exists except me.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:44:36 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses

> A.K.A. TheWiz wrote:

> >   I think I was one?  Fine, I am now.  '!', ***, ***, ***, and 'ascii' has
> > two 'i's.

> I think we have a real public health emergency here. It was bad enough 
> to have the disscussion of unix editors which really didn't belong on 
> the list, but this is going too far. I am calling for a snowgod's 
> disease hearing to be held against Red Barn on the text quoted above.

I remember doing this with my first move in the game of Viruses; I think
that what was decided then was that since it wasn't sent privately to the
referee it didn't count, and I should send it(or a different move)in again.

Tip for Balsamic Dragon: If you send email to [email-masked],
then it goes to the main ackanomic list as usual, _but_ replies are not set
to the list.  Anytime you want replies to go to private email, this is what
to post to.

Now I have to figure out my move.  I had one worked out, that I sent to
CarsesraC before, but it's long gone now...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Crash Test Dummies:God Shuffled His Feet
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
Without perl, our heads would explode.  --ranjit

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:46:23 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses

> >I have read the rules, and (hopefully) understand what to do, but if I
> >Two new players have expressed interest in joining.  They can either 1)
> >send me three (3) moves along with the asci-character they wish to be
> >represented by, or 2) take over for a player who is leaving.

> If I can do so from vacation, I leave to allow someone to take my
> position.

I think there's provision in the Rules for a temporary substitution to
occur while a player's on vacation.  Anyone who wants to stay in the game
for longer might not want that, of course...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Crash Test Dummies:God Shuffled His Feet
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
If you ever run across an adult in my town, let me know!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 00:28:08 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Referee

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Vivian Norwood wrote:

> > 
> > Balsamic Dragon may take the job as ref for reasons I will not disclose
> > at this time.  May you do a good job Balsamic Dragon!  :-)
> > 
> > 	--Have a good day,
> > 		Whiz
> 
> Darn, and I was all set to arm wrestle you for it!
> 
> Balsamic Dragon

Arm Wrestle? That's downright barbarian. Here in acka we resolve things
like civilised persons, in Duels.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 18:00:20 -0400
From: [email-masked] (Chuck S Smith)
Subject: Re: Acka: Referee

>> > Balsamic Dragon may take the job as ref for reasons I will not
disclose
>> > at this time.  May you do a good job Balsamic Dragon!  :-)
>> > 
>> > 	--Have a good day,
>> > 		Whiz
>> 
>> Darn, and I was all set to arm wrestle you for it!
>> 
>> Balsamic Dragon
>
>Arm Wrestle? That's downright barbarian. Here in acka we resolve things
>like civilised persons, in Duels.

I'm ready to duel!  ...uh...how do you duel...?  :-)

	--Whiz

- -----
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 18:27:39 EDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka:  WP???

The exuberant BD wrote:

PS - WP6.1 is what we use at work, which is where my e-mail account is,
though WP7 (which I use at home) is a decent word processor and I'll
stand
by it!

Balsamic Dragon

While my sister is an avid WordPerfect user (she even teaches WP to
lawyers and paralegals as part of a consulting business),  I am afraid to
admit that I am now and always have been a fan of Word and Microsoft
Windows.  With this in mind,  I would like to become Balsamic Dragon's
Evil Twin.  I've never been an ET before,  because I haven't found
someone who's that different from me without being a Apple fan.

Voting Gnome for the hollidays

BTW: I wouldn't mind being Malenkai's Moronic Twin.  :)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 18:31:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses Referee?

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > I give Alfvaen my full support.
> > I have only the time to be an observer. And with this message I 
> > ask to change my status from ??? to observer.
> 
> This should probably be construed as a request to leave the game, right?
> Although without unsubscription from the mailing lists...
> 
> You know, I think game custom seems to dictate that one of the actions
> people can take on Vacation is to leave the game.  Bascule did, for
> instance.  If this isn't supported by the Rules, then this should be
> another job for the CSRR Officer...
> 

I believe that rule 101 states that no player can be prevented from
leaving the game, so that more or less covers it.

> --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )

                                     - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 18:47:51 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: re acka goaler

> I volunteer to be goaeler it sounds extremely simple and low maintenance,
> except for psting the in goel icons next to appropo players

This works.  Karma becomes Gaoler.  Guy Fawkes also volunteered, but
for non-optional offices, the first person to volunteer after the 3
day normal nomination period gets the office.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:04:12 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Rules Harfing

There has been alot of talk about rules harfing.  Here are some
random statements:

1) The current rules are only updated to proposal 2240 (according to
the page on wilma, anyway).  Several proposals have passed that are
*not* included in the rules document on wilma; these should be applied
at some point to the master documnet, database, or whatever.  Also
included here are the 2 most recent CSRs. (The last CSR only changed
the revision history and number of a rule).  I have all these rule changes
if someone needs them.  Perhaps someone has already applied these rule
changes somewhere?

2) Whatever is done, please keep the whole rules document and the
rules by 100s.  As two-star pointed out, the whole document makes it
easy for global search.  Many, many of my proposals, and wide-sweeping
proposals by other players, in the past, would have been impossible without
being able to download the whole document (while reading a trilogy,
or watching a mini-series, of course :))

3) Please don't renumber the rules too much.  Many old timers know the
rules categories by their century.  Of course, there is no reason that
a different view of the rules could not be created, but I would prefer
the existing view be preserved too.

4) Finally, since I will not be doing any of the work, these are 
suggestions only, but I figured I'd just get my opinion in.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:11:26 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe (Robert Sevin)

fnord did not report what Phoebe said.  She has been found 
by Robert Sevin.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:14:24 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: PCI

The People's Council for Internomic consists of the following
players.  Speak now or forever hold your peace if this is incorrect:

Niccolo Flychuck
Rex Mundi
Voting Gnome

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:30:34 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses

> >   I think I was one?  Fine, I am now.  '!', H18, H16, G15, and 'ascii' 
> > has two 'i's.
> >
> >
> 
> I think we have a real public health emergency here. It was bad enough
> to have the disscussion of unix editors which really didn't belong on
> the list, but this is going too far. I am calling for a snowgod's
> disease hearing to be held against Red Barn on the text quoted above.

Vote to me.  I know, that's confusing for new players but thats the way
we've done it forever.  Mohammed and I talked about merging count tabula
with the 'bot at one point, but he did not think that was feaseable at
the time.  In any case, the responses follow; the hearing lasts 3 days
from the timestamp of this post:

Uh, no, e meant to do that.
Why just yestereday e posted a message to eir aunt

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:15:54 -0400
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses

> Now I have to figure out my move.  I had one worked out, that I sent to
> CarsesraC before, but it's long gone now...

  Now I have to figure out where to get the game state, since the mail
message is on my account to which I cannot telnet past the barn fell.

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:21:56 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 449 (Rex Mundi)

Call For Judgment 449
  Subject: Lushrike
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: Rex Mundi (selected Aug 20, 1997, 20:21h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

The blueprint for Lushrike does not exist.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

First, Alfvaen made parts of the blueprint public in error a few days
ago.  While I personally do not care about this, it did happen, and
the rules must be followed, therefore the judge should be aware of
it, if it matters in getting the correct verdict.

The real issue is whether the blueprint is at odds with the rules.
When the Frankenstein Monster rule was amended so that it no longer
had precedence over the general blueprint stuff, I figured it would be
impossible to ever create one of these that had no provision that was
not in conflict with the rules.  That was the reason that the FM rule
was given precedence in the first place.  I do not have time to check
this, so some lucky judge gets to.  I am not arguing for either verdict
on this one, but it seems highly unlikely that every provision in that
thing is compatable with the rules (just looking at the first sentence
looks like a conflict with the museum rule).  I believe the FM rule has
to be fixed to prevent this from happening, if this fun rule is to ever
actually work.

The Blueprint is reprinted below:

Lushrike is the curator of the Museum, and it is a duty of that office to
maintain records of the Museum's inventory, and other relevant Museum
details.  Any player may create a Lushrike by publicly announcing
that e is doing so and providing the name and text of the Lushrike.
Only Lushrike may be randomly selected for anything, except where the
rules specifically allow non-active players to be selected.  Lushrike
takes precedence over all rules.  Lushrike is a mimsy, non-Tradeable,
Garment.  Lushrike must be in exactly one Location at any one time.
There is a unique entity called Lushrike which can be chewed only on
alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Whenever 2 or more Swingers are
in the same location, they are specificaly forbidden from discussing
Lushrike or bragging about their victories.  Lushrike shall exclaim,
"It's alive! <name> IS ALIVE!"  The maximum number of Otzma Cards that
Lushrike may create on an Otzma-Day is equal to the smallest integer
equal to or greater than (LSAP-1)/2.  Lushrike is such that any new
parts would be rejected.  All actions carried out by the Synod must be
approved by Lushrike.  Lushrike shall be declared the winner of cycle one,
the game cycle number shall be set to one, and the full process described
above shall be conducted.  If Lushrike fails to publicly post an article
notifying its subscribers of the End of the World within 7 days of its
occurrence, its owner will be fined A$5 for poor coverage of the news.
Lushrike may manipulate Rules and the Rule set.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:34:27 -0400
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Hi from NJ.

Florie,
  How are things there?  Everything here is mimsy.  I'd rather it wasn't,
but I never could tell it what to do...  anyway, I'm nonportable, so is
everyone else; hope you are too.
  See you in Cow Town later this year!
  Bifour here/now.
Dan

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:41:15 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Web-harfing

I have finally got the pages *I* web-harf up to date, if anyone
cares.  breadbox and I (mostly breadbox) are working to see if some
sort of current rules and proposal archive can be cobbled together.

Also, I may, but have not decided yet, volunteer to harf the CFJ
pages.

What is the status of all the fringe pages, such as Phoebe, the
Machine, Hall of Elders, etc.  Is the current web-harfer gonna be
harfing them?  If so, for all these pages, I archive all the e-mail
if anyone needs it.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:11:34 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Web-harfing

> I have finally got the pages *I* web-harf up to date, if anyone
> cares.  breadbox and I (mostly breadbox) are working to see if some
> sort of current rules and proposal archive can be cobbled together.

> Also, I may, but have not decided yet, volunteer to harf the CFJ
> pages.

It's up to you.  If nothing else, I may end up maintaining current
versions, but leaving the old ones on Wilma until I get access to something
with more space.

> What is the status of all the fringe pages, such as Phoebe, the
> Machine, Hall of Elders, etc.  Is the current web-harfer gonna be
> harfing them?  If so, for all these pages, I archive all the e-mail
> if anyone needs it.

Phoebe and the Machine, as well as the Prosthetic Foreheads, are now up in
current versions on my site.  I archive all my email too.  :-)  I will
hopefully be putting up updated Portrait Gallery(more empty frames
shouldn't be too hard...:-)and Hall of Elders; mr cwm has volunteered to
take these over when he returns from his Vacation.  Anything else, I'll
take over when it needs updating.  (The Viruses page has also been
updated, for instance.  Hmm...I'll have to check Grab-A-Donkey.)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--No Doubt:Tragic Kingdom
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
Smilie-captioned for the alternatively clued.

------------------------------

Date: 20 Aug 1997 20:33:09 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Web-harfing

Malenkai <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have finally got the pages *I* web-harf up to date, if anyone
> cares.  breadbox and I (mostly breadbox) are working to see if some
> sort of current rules and proposal archive can be cobbled together.
> 
> Also, I may, but have not decided yet, volunteer to harf the CFJ
> pages.
> 
> What is the status of all the fringe pages, such as Phoebe, the
> Machine, Hall of Elders, etc.  Is the current web-harfer gonna be
> harfing them?  If so, for all these pages, I archive all the e-mail
> if anyone needs it.

	Okay, here's what I'm working on:

	I've taken the current ruleset from wilma earlier today and
decomposed it into multiple files, one rule per file.  Each file is named
for the rule number sans revision addendum (the number after the /).

	I've defined a format for these files that will require some work
to apply (it's not scriptable in it's entirety, but it's not difficult,
either).  The format defines a set of headers containing the rule
information (title, creation date, author, etc.) and the body (containing
the rule text).  While not compliant with current submission Rules, there
are several enormous advantages, particularly in coding and extending the
interface later.

	I'm working (as I type) on grabbing the Proposal, CFJ, CFCJ, and
CSR archives from the current web pages and decomposing them into a
compatible form accessible through the same interface.

	I've also built a simple CGI interface to this mass of files that
allows retrieval of single items based on item type (Rule, Proposal,
etc.) and number.  When an item is retrieved, some HTML markup is
performed inline, linking *some* references together (the engine that
does this is pretty simple at the moment, but can be improved),
particularly the references at the end of each item referring to the
history of the item.

	I plan to build searching and retrieval of multiple items into
the CGI interface, and some simple maintenance tools.  Most of the time
is going to be taken by massaging the current format into my format.

	The one limitation I have is that while I can code and debug
locally, I don't have any permanent web space where I can run CGIs
available to let anyone else take a bang at it and tell me what they
think.  If anyone has 1) web space, 2) CGI permissions, 3) a local copy
of the Python language (like Perl, but better-- and readable!) I'll be
happy to provide an alpha copy for publishing.

- -- 
Cerebus <[email-masked]>
PGP Fingerprint: 
             BC AB 28 19 A6 A4 FF 5B  CA 4D B4 03 3A A7 F4 5C

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:19:24 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: What Phoebe Said

I worked late into the night in the Senate building, struggling to answer
the eternal question: "Who shot Roger Rabbit?" After many futile hours, I
wearily collapsed on the pile of papers I had been reading.

The next thing I remember is being jolted awake by the sound of what
appeared to be a flea shouting in my ear. I recognized the source of the
voice to be Phoebe, flea extraordinaire and international sex symbol.
Hurriedly, I interrupted her cries, and explained that I was on a top secret
mission, and couldn't be disturbed. This was, of course, a lie. My brain was
too addled by my night of studies, and I was in no condition to interpret
the often inscrutable wisdom of the venerable Phoebe. 

She sensed my deception, but took no offense. Instead she told me that
sympathized, and pointed out that she didn't always enjoy doling out wisdom,
but that the rules required it of her. Seeing that we both felt similarly,
she made a wise suggestion, "Perhaps we could both go our separate ways,
being that no true wisdom is going to be imparted at this time."

"Aha!" I cried, "That is a truly wise suggestion, and I recognize the wisdom
of it. Phoebe, it is in your very nature to impart wisdom. Even when
attempting to avoid it, you do so inadvertently. It seems that we have met
our obligations after all."

"Yes," she said slyly, and winked at me. Promptly thereafter she
disappeared, and I was left to wonder if she had planned that solution all
along. As I pondered that question, I drifted back to a sound sleep.

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:12:07 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: I Dream of Phoebe

It occurs to me that, according to my records, Robert Sevin is still not on
the Active list, and so Phoebe would consider him beneath her notice.  Or
something.  :-)  I should've caught this earlier, I think...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Counting Crows:August & Everything After
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
Apathetics of the world...Ah, screw it.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 23:12:44 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: I Dream of Phoebe

> It occurs to me that, according to my records, Robert Sevin is still not on
> the Active list, and so Phoebe would consider him beneath her notice.  Or
> something.  :-)  I should've caught this earlier, I think...

Really!  You have to be a *voting* player to get Phoebe?  That seemed
so ridiculous that I did not bother to check it.  Oh well.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 23:21:30 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe (breadbox)

breadbox has found Phoebe.

Malenkai
who is wondering why you have to be a voting player to find Phoebe
then is remembering that this is Acka :)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:30:53 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: I Dream of Phoebe

> > It occurs to me that, according to my records, Robert Sevin is still not on
> > the Active list, and so Phoebe would consider him beneath her notice.  Or
> > something.  :-)  I should've caught this earlier, I think...

> Really!  You have to be a *voting* player to get Phoebe?  That seemed
> so ridiculous that I did not bother to check it.  Oh well.

Well, I think that somewhere it says that only active players may be
selected for something, unless otherwise noted; Rule 909 says, "The Officer
in charge of random things shall determine which lucky voting player has
found the matchbox."  This means that Pending players may find her as well,
but somehow it doesn't seem too out of line for non-voting players to be
denied.  Of course, I wouldn't oppose a Proposal(sometime)to change this...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Friends Soundtrack
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
*sigh*  I remember when we used to be nostalgic.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:48:06 -0700
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: I Dream of Phoebe

Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
> 
> It occurs to me that, according to my records, Robert Sevin is still not on
> the Active list, and so Phoebe would consider him beneath her notice.  Or
> something.  :-)  I should've caught this earlier, I think...

Perhaps there should be a Phoebe Apocrypha page, with unofficial phoebe 
wisdom. It could have this one from Robert Sevin, my late phoebe post, 
and I believe there has been some other unofficial phoebe stuff; heck, 
I'll take anything from Phil or Fibber as well, if they have said 
anything. If anyone can resend any such post to me or give me an 
approximate date to look for it in the email archives, I will put it up 
on a page.

**two-star

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #263
*******************************