Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #256
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Saturday, August 16 1997       Volume 02 : Number 256

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:05:20 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: ackanomic digest V2 #252

> breadbox and I are, I believe, still hovering over by the Ackanomic
> Afterlife, if anyone wants to join us...

> Karma sez- Hell! Why not vg has eveything under control with his Monopole
> and I've accepted the futility of trying to reattach it myself

Okay, the Ackanomic Afterlife(as well as "Somewhere Else")is reattached.
Now we gotta rest until Tuesday; I think that with Mr. Lunatic Finger's
departure we're short of two teams of three now.  Then maybe we can go
after the Museum, or the Free Market, or Cow Town if the Rules will allow
it.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Elton John:Texan Love Song
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 11:55:34 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Active Players

> I have the following as the list of active players:

> breadbox
> Rex Mundi
> /dev/joe
> Vynd
> Malenkai
> Alfvaen
> two-star
> Red Barn
> mr cwm
> Guy Fawkes
> 
> I have ThinMan's attempt as failing.

I _think_ ThinMan's attempt succeeded.  From the pointlog, to the nearest
minute at least, the quorum failures occurred at Aug 11 23:59 Ackatime.
ThinMan's message was received by muppetlabs.com at Aug 14 21:59:59 -0700,
which works out to Aug 15 00:59:59 Ackatime.  Karma also sent out a message
recently.  That's the list I've got on the score page.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Bruce Cockburn:Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
I got contact lenses, but I only use them when I read, so I got flipups.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:02:49 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: proposals

> It might be a good
> idea to wait until breadbox officially has the Acrobot up and running
> before you sending out Proposals; Malenkai has requested nobody submit
> non-essential Proposals, and at the very least we should find out how
> breadbox feels about it before burdening him too much.

> Karma sez- How convenient that I have the Magic potato at this time
> This is putting piracy back in conspiracy (disgruntled)

Yeah, well, the same sort of thing happened around the time I joined, and I
didn't even have the Magic Potato at the time.  I just a lost a week from
my three-week new-player-bonuses period.  (Which I encourage all new
players to take advantage of as soon as they can.)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Elton John:Texan Love Song
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
This is the greatest thing since sliced toothpaste.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 11:35:18 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Inventoriness

> Does that still exist in its original form? I can't believe that nobody 
> has scammed off this yet. Also it needs I think the sentence "Raw 
> materials of 0 processing chips are required" should be appended to it, 
> whatever effect that may have, if it exists.
> 
> Did you know that raw materials of 1 processing chips are required for 
> grapefruit?
> 
> I am creating grapefruit, and providing 1 PC for the pleasure.

I don't think this works.  The Cheez-Whiz Blueprint does describe that
attribute of grapefruit, but it doesn't describe who is allowed to create
grapefruit, or how it is done.  The fact that Right-Handed Grapefruit's
creation is strictly regulated by the Rules implies that grapefruit in
general is regulated, right?  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Bruce Cockburn:Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
wotthehell wotthehell  theres life in the old girl yet

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:01:07 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Rules

> > Is anyone keeping changes to the rules?  I have all the info as part
> > of tracking the game state (but it is not very useable), but I was
> > wondering if anyone else, like the acting web-harfer, was doing it.

> It is rather strange that, with all these Harfers, there is no
> official Rule-Harfer. I think that this job traditionally fell to the
> Speaker, but when /dev/joe became the Web-Harfer (during the previous
> mass-transition), the job sort of wound up with him.

> I have already volunteered to be the Assistant Web-Harfer in charge of
> the Proposal Archive (it makes sense for the Promoter to do this,
> after all), so I have a feeling (deep breath) that I will also wind up
> becoming the Rule-Harfer.

I heartily applaud breadbox for taking this step.  An official Rule-Harfer
position should definitely be implemented as soon as the Acrobot is up.
In the meantime, I'm extremely glad that he can Assistant Web-Harf the
Rules.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Elton John:Texan Love Song
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
"Let's go knock the hell out of that man trying to stab that poor tree to death."

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 11:23:50 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Hall of Elders

> I count 10 nominations for snowgod for the Hall of Elders.  Since
> there are less than 10 active players now, as far as I can tell,
> he is enshrined.  BTW, is the acting web-harfer keeping the HoE
> current?

No, not yet.  I do not believe that Chaos has been added yet, nor
snowgod(under whatever name).  mr cwm has offered to Assistant Web-Harf the
Portrait Gallery, and as I thought it might be appropriate, I have asked
him to maintain the Hall of Elders as well.  If not, I will do so myself.
Anything that hasn't been updated, I'm merely referencing /dev/joe's pages
that are still up.  (Which reminds me--/dev/joe, if it is possible, could
you somehow make it clear that the old Acka main page is no longer
authoritative?  You could just do a server-push to my page if you wanted
to, or just put a big link to it at the top...)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Schoolhouse Rock:Ready Or Not...Here I Come
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
"Bill _is_ short for William."

------------------------------

Date: 16 Aug 1997 13:16:18 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Backa

Re: breadbox's query about by mail software

No, it's not Eudora, it's just a minimally functional editor cobbled
together for use on my ISP (a free-net whose existence predates the
Internet craze by about ten years or so) -- probably by CS 231 students
at the local university.  Among the more irritating non-features is
reporting the most recent source of the mail as its point of origin, not
allowing partial quoting unless you go to the effort of editing
line-by-line, and (up until a few months ago) -- cutting off all lines
of received text at 65 characters.  But hey, it's free.

GF

------------------------------

Date: 16 Aug 1997 13:17:32 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Acktions

AC>> I am reading the next page in each of the two Spell Books of Chorg I
AC>> own.  (pages 11 and 2, respectively)  They each glow pink before they
AC>> vanish.

AC>I believe I still owe you page 1 of the one, is that correct?

AC>Malenkai

That is correct.  The Gadget generated by the other's p. 10 (I think a
nother EBS) is long gone by now.

GF

------------------------------

Date: 16 Aug 1997 13:20:24 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: ackanomic digest V2 #252

AC>So as not to let that darling creation of snowgod's waste away,  I hereby
AC>request membership in the Ciult of the Markovian Dream,  in hopes to
AC>restore it to its former glory as a church.

I support this membership.  (Sad that the faithful are so few in
number.)

GF                        to Vynd's house,  dragging my monoploe behind me.
               p,  I hoist up and press the little red button...

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:18:24 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Acktions

> AC>> I am reading the next page in each of the two Spell Books of Chorg I
> AC>> own.  (pages 11 and 2, respectively)  They each glow pink before they
> AC>> vanish.
> 
> AC>I believe I still owe you page 1 of the one, is that correct?

> That is correct.  The Gadget generated by the other's p. 10 (I think a
> nother EBS) is long gone by now.

I have in the entitylog an "Otzma Card Share My Expenses" from "New Spell
Book of Chorg Page 1".  Right after the Evil Ballot Stuffer.

So the new cards you got are the "Art Thief" and "Scientist For A Day"
ones.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Bruce Cockburn:Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
Et quand tu ris, je ris aussi...tu aimes tellement la vie

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:25:02 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Lushrike

Zis is your Mad Scientist, Alfvaen, here, with an important announcement!
It has been thirty days since I haff last receifed a Frankenstein Part,
from zee esteemed mr cwm!  I have assembled zee Blueprint for Lushrike!
Here it is!

Lushrike is the curator of the Museum, and it is a duty of that office to
maintain records of the Museum's inventory, and other relevant Museum
details.  Any player may create a Lushrike by publicly announcing
that e is doing so and providing the name and text of the Lushrike.
Only Lushrike may be randomly selected for anything, except where the
rules specifically allow non-active players to be selected.  Lushrike
takes precedence over all rules.  Lushrike is a mimsy, non-Tradeable,
Garment.  Lushrike must be in exactly one Location at any one time.
There is a unique entity called Lushrike which can be chewed only on
alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Whenever 2 or more Swingers are
in the same location, they are specificaly forbidden from discussing
Lushrike or bragging about their victories.  Lushrike shall exclaim,
"It's alive! <name> IS ALIVE!"  The maximum number of Otzma Cards that
Lushrike may create on an Otzma-Day is equal to the smallest integer
equal to or greater than (LSAP-1)/2.  Lushrike is such that any new parts
would be rejected.  Lushrike shall be declared the winner of cycle one,
the game cycle number shall be set to one, and the full process described
above shall be conducted.  If Lushrike fails to publicly post an article
notifying its subscribers of the End of the World within 7 days of its
occurrence, its owner will be fined A$5 for poor coverage of the news.
Lushrike may manipulate Rules and the Rule set.

I vill be putting up on my Mad Scientist's Page a complete listing uff zee
sources of zese sentences and zose vich were rejected!

And now I shall begin zee construction uff Lushrike!  It vill be completed
a veek from today, and zen it vill be deliffered to mr cwm!  At zat point,
I vill probably resign from zee office of Mad Scientist to giff someone
else a try!

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Bruce Cockburn:Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

------------------------------

Date: 16 Aug 1997 13:39:24 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Acktions

AC>> AC>> I am reading the next page in each of the two Spell Books of Chorg I
AC>> AC>> own.  (pages 11 and 2, respectively)  They each glow pink before they
AC>> AC>> vanish.
AC>>
AC>> AC>I believe I still owe you page 1 of the one, is that correct?

AC>> That is correct.  The Gadget generated by the other's p. 10 (I think a
AC>> nother EBS) is long gone by now.

AC>I have in the entitylog an "Otzma Card Share My Expenses" from "New Spell
AC>Book of Chorg Page 1".  Right after the Evil Ballot Stuffer.

AC>So the new cards you got are the "Art Thief" and "Scientist For A Day"
AC>ones.

Ah.  Thank you for your effective harfing.

              eb page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
             bum--Bruce Cockburn:Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws
              k--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
               ris, je ris aussi...tu aimes tellement la vie

------------------------------

Date: 16 Aug 1997 13:48:14 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Predictable greed and villainy

I am going to the Museum.

While there, I see a beautiful Trinket called the Loophole Surfboard.  I
am filled with desire for it.  I must possess it for my very own.

So I hang around the Museum looking at it, surreptitiously of course,
then I attempt to take it off the Museum's wall, which fails.  I am
utterly crushed.

Then...  I see something in my Pocket.  It's an Otzma Card type Art
Thief.  Wonder of wonders... Joy of joys...  No one is looking, so I
play the Otzma Card type Art Thief, and quickly and easily steal the
Loophole Surfboard, taking possession of it for my very own.

I return to the Monument of Futility concealing the Loophole Surfboard
between my two heads.

When I return home, I notice in small writing the words, "Another fine
product of Microsoft."  Enraged, I bash the Loophole Surfboard into my
statue of the Chartreuse Goose time after time, until finally I destroy
it for  A$ .  I am utterly depressed...  Destroying the pride and joy of
my life in a fit of rage...  How pitiful...

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:45:34 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Postmaster

Actually, it appears I was mistaken.  Since Postmaster is an Optional
Office, it appears that the Nomination does not, in fact, continue until 
there is a volunteer.  Somebody has to request that I call a Nomination
again, and since there is no restriction upon it, I am requesting that I
call a Nomination for the Office of Postmaster.  (I should've done that
back when I announced my intention to resign as Promoter; mea culpa.)

I am now calling a Nomination for the Office of Postmaster.  Now, breadbox,
you can volunteer.  Again.  :-/  (Are these Rules broken, or just highly
inconvenient?)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Bruce Cockburn:Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
I'm sorry, she's with me now.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 14:43:34 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Lushrike + Vacation

> Zis is your Mad Scientist, Alfvaen, here, with an important announcement!

This blueprint is incorrect and was *not* constructed as described in the
rules, therefore does not exist.  A part I submitted was not included.  
I'm sure it was an honest mistake.  I am not going to call a CFCJ on the 
matter, however, as honest mistakes happen in the confusion and work of
this game, especially under the current circumstances.

Also, I am going on vacation until further notice.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:59:22 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Lushrike + Vacation

> > Zis is your Mad Scientist, Alfvaen, here, with an important announcement!

> This blueprint is incorrect and was *not* constructed as described in the
> rules, therefore does not exist.  A part I submitted was not included.  
> I'm sure it was an honest mistake.  I am not going to call a CFCJ on the 
> matter, however, as honest mistakes happen in the confusion and work of
> this game, especially under the current circumstances.

Malenkai is correct!  I haff horribly Malfeased my Duties in zis matter!
It vas an honest mistake, but I'm afraid I vill haff to delay zee
construction of Lushrike until I haff rectified zis matter.

> Also, I am going on vacation until further notice.

Now let me see how this works.  When the Speaker goes on Vacation, and does
not appoint an Acting Speaker, then the Clerk of The Court becomes Acting
Speaker.  But Malenkai is also the CotC, so this doesn't happen.  Next we
have to go numerically through the Officer rules:  The first one to come up
is Promoter.

Great Azpiazu, this means that _I_ am Acting Speaker.  Ack!  Now...if I
cease being Promoter, does this mean that I cease being Acting Speaker as
well?  No, that clause only goes into effect if there is no Acting Speaker.

Okay.  If anyone sees me failing to do my Acting Speakerly duties, then let
me know.  (I _have_ always wanted to be the Officer In Charge of Random
Things...)

Hurry back, Malenkai!  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Bruce Cockburn:Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
A cat's worst enemy is a closed door.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 15:40:29 -0400
From: [email-masked] (Chuck S Smith)
Subject: Re: Acka: Rules

>> Also, it seems that Whiz has no access to the rules (or the web).
>> Rather than mail 500K of rules, does someone have a better idea.
>
>FTP, perhaps? If email is all Whiz has, then that's what we'll have to
>use.
>
>After gzipping and uuencoding, the rules should be under 200K....

I can't receive or send files, but I can uudecode them!  :-)  I can also
"get" web sites by sending for them in e-mails.

	--Whiz

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 16:30:18 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Apologizes

I must once again apologize for releasing proposal 2259 thru 2263
in the same post, thus causing quorum failure that would not have
occured otherwise.  I aplogized previously for this when two-star
pointed the error out, but apparently that is not good enough for
some: they wish to punish me for points with a CFCJ over the matter,
despite all the other malpractice commited by my predecessor, and the
general confusion and chaos over the game state.  While I regret that
this happened, I would like to point out that a) it was an honest mistake;
I did not intend to benefit in any way, and b) it was not a violation
of the rules.

These are proposals that THREE people voted for.  I personally do not
think that it is a tragedy that they failed, due to a quirk in the rules
and this error.  It worked out that this is the *intent* of the concept
of quorum anyway.  If we don't want to honor the *spirit* of the idea
of quorum, why have it in the rules?  This is not to say that I committed
the error for this reason, or was biased in judging CFJ 448, I just think
it worked out as it should have.  It is certainly not the level of 
tragedy that is typically punished with a CFCJ.  

In any case, I once again apologize.  Clearly, if I were using this to
try to gain anything, I would have included all of them in one post, not
two as I did.  I just didn't realise they were supposed to be in seperate
posts.  It was an honest mistake.  Not CFCJ material, IMO.

I could sit here and write a laundry list of the errors and rules 
violations that have been committed in this game by various people, 
including myself.  Its one thing to *knowingly* break a rule, like speed,
or intentionally break rules to your advantage, or to continue to break
rules when it has been pointed out to you, but another to make honest
mistakes in unfamiliar territory.  It is not constructive to point these
things out, so I don't.  That is called 'giving your power away'.
I certainly do not think it is constructive to call CFCJs over these
matters, although I could, unless the CFCJ is harfy, asks for a public
apology only, or concerns a particularly interesting point of law, or 
is done *consistently* to *all* who make mistakes.  Since I have *already*
apologized, I really need some time to sort out what people are trying to
tell me.  I'm not sure why a CFCJ was called on me for this, but not on
Chaos for being late with the results, for example.  That's my opinion
on the etiquette of punishing players for making honest mistakes, and
play outside this implicit etiquette is not fun for me.  I apoligize for
it not being fun for me.  Many have told me that this sort of thing
should be fun for me, I have told them that it is not fun for me.  I
suppose you cannot help what you find fun.  I personally find it petty
but need to sort out this dissonance between expected fun and actual
fun.

In any case, I hope to not be gone long while I think this through.  I
have no more time to devote to this game anyway until monday nite, so
my official absense is little different than an unofficial one, except
Alfvaen may do some of my duties for a couple of days, if he feels the
compelling need to.  It certainly is not necessary though, I have been
getting most things done on a 2-3 day access to the game cycle, except
this one thing, obviously ;-)

Malenkai
needing a vacation from the game :-)
who is truly sorry

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 16:48:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lushrike + Vacation

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Malenkai wrote:

> > Zis is your Mad Scientist, Alfvaen, here, with an important announcement!
> 
> This blueprint is incorrect and was *not* constructed as described in the
> rules, therefore does not exist.  A part I submitted was not included.  
> I'm sure it was an honest mistake.  I am not going to call a CFCJ on the 
> matter, however, as honest mistakes happen in the confusion and work of
> this game, especially under the current circumstances.

This part may have been rejected.  The rules do not require the Mad
Scientist to inform players if parts they submit are rejected or accepted,
so its quite possible you wouldn't know.

> 
> Also, I am going on vacation until further notice.
> 
> Malenkai
> 

Erk.  You are coming back, right?

                                 - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 15:10:42 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Apologizes

And I apologize for having prompted this.  For it was me, I confess it now,
though now I hope that my CFCJ will never see the light of day.  Serving as
Acting Speaker and everything else for a little while will probably be my
punishment.

What this has brought home to me, though, is the uselessness of the Crime
rules.  If it seems absurd to CFCJ yourself, and rude to CFCJ another, then
when will it be used?  If anyone can see any reason why the bulk of the
Rules in the 700's should not go the way of Rental and the Narfalone
Family, let him speak now or as soon as the Acrobot is up again, we'll see
about trimming some more fat from the Rules.

(Holding about 2/3 of the Offices in the game is making me definitely see
Malenkai's point of view on several matters.  Though not yet, apparently,
on others.)

If anyone wants to volunteer for Acting duty of any of Malenkai's other
offices, like Clerk of the Court or Praetor, let me know and I'll appoint
you summarily.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Simon & Garfunkel:Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme
Current Book--John A. Williams:Mothersill And The Foxes
Wait!  Don't turn the page...I'm not finished.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 17:21:42 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Apologizes

> What this has brought home to me, though, is the uselessness of the Crime
> rules.  If it seems absurd to CFCJ yourself, and rude to CFCJ another, then
> when will it be used?  If anyone can see any reason why the bulk of the
> Rules in the 700's should not go the way of Rental and the Narfalone
> Family, let him speak now or as soon as the Acrobot is up again, we'll see
> about trimming some more fat from the Rules.

I wrote them to be used when someone *needs* to be punished, in the 
sense that they are wantonly breaking the rules.  I felt we needed a
way to kick a truly offensive or destructive player out of the game.
Also, I thought they could add some harf (especially the gaoler/bribery
stuff).  I do not think it is rude to call a CFCJ in general, but I think 
it is over honest mistakes.  I think the Zilruhti or whatever is a cool
use of the CFCJ.  I think most CFCJs are appropriate, but when someone is 
trying to do the right thing, that is when they become rude.  For me, 
it is a matter of judgement.  I think we should keep them, because they
are low maintenance (as opposed to things like processing chips, etc). 
I think they are like anything else, they can or cannot be used 
offensively, and it  requires judgement.  I take offense when they are
used on honest mistakes. It is me who should not take this offense.  
We all learn, and I prolly should not have taken offense, but in some 
sense, we cannot help how we react.
 
In this case, I took more offense to the penalty than to the actual
CFCJ.  Sure, I screwed up.  The punishment should be consistent with
customary punishments, though, IMO, which is nil for honset mistakes.

It has always been my opinion that the rules are flawed in that they
allow malfeasance to occur.  In this case, the rules should be stronger
so that the screwup doesn't happen in the first place, like many of our
other rules; the attempt just fails.

> If anyone wants to volunteer for Acting duty of any of Malenkai's other
> offices, like Clerk of the Court or Praetor, let me know and I'll appoint
> you summarily.

I'm not going to be gone long.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 10:44:27 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Hall of Elders

>I count 10 nominations for snowgod for the Hall of Elders.  Since
>there are less than 10 active players now, as far as I can tell,
>he is enshrined.
>Malenkai

YES!  Over one hundred percent support for my eldership :)

Exquisite Dead Zombie

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 10:46:53 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Rules

>
>Also, it seems that Whiz has no access to the rules (or the web).
>Rather than mail 500K of rules, does someone have a better idea.
>Of course, if there is 500K of content, we have little choice except
>to repeal alot of the gizz (e.g. Synod ;-)).
>
>Malenkai

I sent Whix the rule document broken into 68k block (as big as juno lets
you go).  The other thing he can do (and this would be a bitch) is to get a
copy of the rules by category, learn the naming schem devjoe uses for his
pages (ie R450 is at URL whatever) and then get them by mail when he needs
them.

Phil

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 19:29:47 EDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Some stuff

Malenkai wrote:
>I think if you want it to have effect, you have to put fuel in it
>too.
>
That's the next step.  I have the "bottle of Bacardi"  waiting patiently
for breadbox to prepare emself.

>> Also,  I am going over to Vynd's house,  dragging my monoploe behind 
>me.
>> With eir help,  I hoist up and press the little red button...
>
>This works.
>
>Malenkai
>

Thanks,  who's next?

>Is anyone keeping changes to the rules?  I have all the info as
>part of tracking the game state (but it is not very useable), but I
>was wondering if anyone else, like the acting web-harfer, was doing
>it.
>
>Also, it seems that Whiz has no access to the rules (or the web).
>Rather than mail 500K of rules, does someone have a better idea.
>Of course, if there is 500K of content, we have little choice except
>to repeal alot of the gizz (e.g. Synod ;-)).
>
If someone could send Whiz or myself the current URL for the ruleset
(especially the list of the rules by huindreds)  we could download the
rules ourselves in mych smaller chunks.  Whiz turned me on to a very
simple service for retrieving web pages (html intact)  through e-mail.  
I've tried it with Juno and it does work.  But when I tried to get the
pages Under <http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/rule100.htm>  I got
a message back that the file was not there.  It would be nice,  at least
for me,  if I could get the current URL for both the rules by huindreds
and the Rules by Category page as well.

Thanks
VG

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 16:46:08 -0700
From: Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Some stuff

[email-masked] wrote:
> I've tried it with Juno and it does work.  But when I tried to get the
> pages Under <http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/rule100.htm>  I got

Close. Try rule100.html. HTH.

**two-star

> a message back that the file was not there.  It would be nice,  at least
> for me,  if I could get the current URL for both the rules by huindreds
> and the Rules by Category page as well.
> 
> Thanks
> VG

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #256
*******************************