Subject: ackanomic digest V2 #244
From: [email-masked] (ackanomic digest)
To: [email-masked]

ackanomic digest       Saturday, August 9 1997       Volume 02 : Number 244

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 13:53:29 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: ree acka W files report

Heh.  Very good.  A few more line breaks would have made it better, but
that's a minor point.

Not that I have to anymore, but..."There are more things in heaven and
earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophy."

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Omar & The Howlers:Bad Seed
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
This sentence in English is difficult to translate into French.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 13:37:59 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: We Have Players!

> Citizens of Ackanomic, stop mourning the loss of Chaos (who still reigns,
> btw) and listen to your registrar!  We have two new players joining us
> tonight.

They should now, or momentarily, be up on the Player/Entity page and Score
page.

> Alfvaen has been selected as mentor to norpan.  I have been selected as
> mentor to Whiz.

And we've been paid.  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--They Might Be Giants:Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
If you are what you eat, then I'm dead meat.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 13:51:43 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Recent Proposals & Quorum RFC

> So, what happens to P2257 - P2275? I think that they should be counted
> as REJECTED, as the rule describing proposal acceptance describes the
> condition for acceptance, leaving rejection as a default. This should
> not however generate score changes, since those are supposed to occur
> when results are reported.

I think this is more a case like that of the Grab-A-Donkey game.  The
proposal votes were sent to the Tabulator(Chaos, not Acrobot), and the
voting periods ended as scheduled; it was just that the results have not
yet been released yet.

I do foresee a bit of quorum failure, though, if people were waiting for
Acrobot to come back online to vote.  I never expected it to, and just sent
my votes to Chaos.  I hope.  :-/

This all presupposes that Chaos did in fact have Tabulator game-state
information to forward.  If he didn't, then I guess that my Evil Twin is
correct.

Speaking of quorum, I have some ideas for how to deal with it a bit more
cleanly, I hope.  Instead of making players non-voting, or putting them on
Vacation(a barbaric practice which I believe died out before I joined),
maybe what should happen is this:  If an active player fails to vote on a
Proposal which fails quorum, then e is given a "black mark" of some kind.
This signifies that e has a week to declare that e is still an active
player; at the end of that week, _then_ e is made non-voting, with all
effects as if e had done so voluntarily(e had eir chance to stay active).

The problem with new players that don't vote seems to be handled adequately
by Pending status.  The only quorum failure I've seen so far was when R106
was abducted(it was almost impossible for anyone to vote on P1976, as I
recall), and the possible one now, through Tabulator delinquency.  There
should be some provisions to deal with players who wander away from the
game after becoming active(though R257 could also deal with that).

This may not deal well if a sufficiently large group of players made
a concerted effort to break quorum by none of them voting(their scores
would go down the tubes, but we can imagine that that wouldn't bother them
much), but neither does the current system; after two days they can still
become active again.  It might require a bit of extra effort to keep track
of the one-week period, but, as always, I'm willing to do that myself.  And
hopefully it shouldn't happen too often.

I'll do a formal RFC of this in a few days, but I would appreciate any
comments now.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Omar & The Howlers:Bad Seed
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
Anarchy? I knew an Archy once! Can I join the revolution?

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 16:46:43 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: ree acka W files report

> Not that I have to anymore, but..."There are more things in heaven and
> earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophy."

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 16:57:14 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Recent Proposals & Quorum RFC

> Speaking of quorum, I have some ideas for how to deal with it a bit more
> cleanly, I hope.  Instead of making players non-voting, or putting them on
> Vacation(a barbaric practice which I believe died out before I joined),
> maybe what should happen is this:

The way to handle it, IMO, is to have 2 types of quorum failure: apathetic
and technical,  and have different remedies depending on which type we
are dealing with.  For every proposal that has failed quorum, it has been
obvious which type has caused the failure -- however, codifing the
distinction may be tricky, and IMO, interesting.  I play nomic to explore
these sorts of things, BTW.

One thing that is really bad about the way we handled quorum failure is
that when proposal X fails quorum, X + 1 generally does not, even if the
same apathy level or technical problem applies to both X and X + 1.  Any
quorum fix should fix that problem, IMO, *especially* in the case of
technical quorum failure.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 17:10:09 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Prez

Alfvaen has been elected president 9-4.

Chaos sent me the proposal results of proposal 2259 thru 2275
before he left.  They are inaccurate, but we have dealt with that
before.  I will release them if I am appointed acting tabulator,
and we can decide if they are admissable.  If someone else is
appointed acting tabulator, I will e-mail them along, and we can see
if another level of indirection is admissable.  I am certainly 
willing to be acting tabulator for a week or so.

However we handle the problem of these proposals, which could be
a substantial problem, my personal preference is to not just handwave
them out of existance; I'd like to see were the rules take us on this,
if possible.  Unfortunately, I am still very tight on time myself.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 17:14:54 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 446 (Malenkai)

Dread Pirate Roberts did not respond.  It has been assigned to 
Malenkai

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 446
  Subject: Actions
Initiator: Alfvaen
    Judge: Dread Pirate Roberts (deadbeat)
2nd Judge: Malenkai (assigned Aug 09, 1997, 19:14h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

The actions attempted by Guy Fawkes on July 31st by a message to
[email-masked](including a transfer of money to GF Mini-storage
and GF Mini-storage's purchase of a Secret Laboratory)did not succeed.

Alfvaen's Reasoning:

I'm still not quite convinced, but breadbox's reasoning for this
(paraphrased, and possibly misconstrued...he may append Bronze Torch
reasoning for himself if he thinks I've missed something important...:-)
is that the Postal Code amendments to add [email-masked] to the
list of public forums had not yet taken effect when Guy Fawkes sent his
message, and that because email was boucing to Chaos(a non-vacationing
player), messages posted there could not be considered to be public
messages.

/dev/joe's announcement of the Postal Code change was at 14:01 Ackatime,
July 29th; Guy Fawkes' attempted actions were performed at 14:44 Ackatime
July 31st, just under one day before the Postal Code changes would have
taken effect.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 17:19:17 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 447 Verdict

CFJ 447 has been judged FALSE.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 447
  Subject: Majik
Initiator: Karma
    Judge: mr cwm (selected Aug 04, 1997, 23:16h EDT)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:

The trinket kite mitt should be considered for majjik

Karma's Reasoning:

Under the rules of majik trinkets you don't have to declare it immediately
It may be declared majikk if it's worth more than 100 A($) by the
archaeologist I asked before And it was debated but never resolved there
fore I would like the archaeologist to determine this

mr cwm's Reasoning:

On July 30, karma posted publically 'I wish to convert my trinket "kite
mitt" into A$.'

A public posting that one is converting a trinket to A$ is all that is
required for such a conversion to take place.  One might argue that karma
was simply stating a wish, and not actually taking the action of making
the conversion, but in the medium in which Acka exists, the realm of
ideas, to wish something (in a public message) is to do it, if it is
possible. ("I wish to go to the library.  I wish to vote for Malenkai.  I
wish to press the big red button."  Do I now need to point out that I
actually do those things?  No.  Or, at least, no substantial number of us
has yet felt that need.)  (And very nearly the last thing we need is to
require all the various Harfers, who spend so much time making this game
possible, to expend their energies sorting out the things we actually do
from the things we only wish to do.)

Thus, the trinket kite mitt was converted to A$ several days before this
CFJ was distributed.  It no longer exists, making the phrase "the trinket
kite mitt" is, itself, false, which causes the entire statement under
consideration to be FALSE.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 17:20:26 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: What's Dangling

> Now, who was next?  I believe it was Rex Mundi's house(yes, I did see your
> message...:-).  I am remove the Monopole from breadbox's house, going to
> Rex Mundi's house, and attaching it there.  With growing confidence in my
> proven skills as AckaPhysicist, I smile reassuringly at the crowd of
> awestruck spectators and press the red button.

This succeeds.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 17:21:02 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  dangling

> I have a Monople?  Cool.  Well, at the rish of moving the universe
> slighhtly up and to the left, and with additional precautions taken  to
> avoid changing the size of the unvirse (think about it, it could happen) I
> go to my house, and attach the Monople.
> 
> Don't worry, I know what I'm doing, because though I'nm not an
> ackaphysicist I once play one on TV.  I pat myself on the back, smile,
> wave, flap my wings and press the button.

This succeeds.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 15:35:44 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Recent Proposals & Quorum RFC

> > Speaking of quorum, I have some ideas for how to deal with it a bit more
> > cleanly, I hope.  Instead of making players non-voting, or putting them on
> > Vacation(a barbaric practice which I believe died out before I joined),
> > maybe what should happen is this:

> The way to handle it, IMO, is to have 2 types of quorum failure: apathetic
> and technical,  and have different remedies depending on which type we
> are dealing with.  For every proposal that has failed quorum, it has been
> obvious which type has caused the failure -- however, codifing the
> distinction may be tricky, and IMO, interesting.  I play nomic to explore
> these sorts of things, BTW.

It'd probably be easiest to codify "technical", and leave "apathetic" as
the default case, which is what it is now.  Actually, if it's due to the
Tabulator's negligence, that's even harder to quantify, but the abduction
of R106 could be expressed as "the time during which it was possible to
vote on the Proposal was less than seven days".  Maybe a Holiday could deal
with the other cases, with a vigilant President.

> One thing that is really bad about the way we handled quorum failure is
> that when proposal X fails quorum, X + 1 generally does not, even if the
> same apathy level or technical problem applies to both X and X + 1.  Any
> quorum fix should fix that problem, IMO, *especially* in the case of
> technical quorum failure.

That was more or less what I was thinking of with "black marks".
(Actually, I decided it would be more Ackanomian to call them "Puppet
Heads" or something...:-)  That way, causing a quorum failure(by not
voting)would not result in one's votes being ignored right away.  Better a
few more proposals failing from lack of quorum than a few passing with
three voters...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Omar & The Howlers:Bad Seed
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
We can't land in Texas--there's no breathable air.  [Godley & Creme]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 17:36:04 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Inventor

1) Reply if you want to run for the office of Inventor.  Please
note that it is a duty of the Inventor to track blueprints.  Previous
Inventors have ignored the work part of the office, but I would ask
that if you do volunteer, that you are willing to do the work too,
or change the rules so that the office is not required to do it.

2) When Chaos left, he was in the process of building a Spell Book of 
Chorg.  Its construction was complete, yet an auction had not been
initiated.  The Undead-Harfer should note this somehow, assuming it
affects the game state (which it may not).

3) When Chaos ceased being Inventor, all of his lonely blueprints were
destroyed.  Plunky Monkey Wrench is the only one that may have been
destroyed; I have no idea if such a gadget existed at the time 
he ceased being Inventor.

Malenkai
Speaker

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 15:52:59 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Prez

> Alfvaen has been elected president 9-4.

I would like to thank all those voted for me, and showed their confidence
in me.  I shall use my Presidential Powers for the good of Ackanomic, and
welcome input from the voting(and non-voting)public about how best to
accomplish this.

> Chaos sent me the proposal results of proposal 2259 thru 2275
> before he left.  They are inaccurate, but we have dealt with that
> before.  I will release them if I am appointed acting tabulator,
> and we can decide if they are admissable.  If someone else is
> appointed acting tabulator, I will e-mail them along, and we can see
> if another level of indirection is admissable.  I am certainly 
> willing to be acting tabulator for a week or so.

Okay.  I am appointing Malenkai Acting Tabulator, since he has evinced
willingness, and is Count Tabula anyway.  breadbox, Techno--any ideas as to
how long it'll take either of you to get Acrobot up and running?

For the other offices:

After /dev/joe resigned the offices of Scorekeeper and Bond-Harfer,
and Chaos announced his intention to resign as Financier, Chaos,
then President, conducted Nominations for Office for all three of
those Offices.  Now, I do not know the complete lists of Nominees for
all of those Offices, but I do know that I myself volunteered.  Thus,
according to Rule 403 clause (vi), I am selecting myself, an eligible
nominee, for the Offices of Scorekeeper, Bond-Harfer, and Financier.
If anyone disputes this, I'll go through the whole Nomination process
again, but I'm just trying to save time here if I can manage it without
breaking the Rules.  (If I am not allowed to appoint myself Financier, I
appoint myself Acting Financier.)

As for the other Offices:

I believe that it is Malenkai's responsibility to announce a Nomination for
the Office of Inventor.  (Though I'm not sure whether it's as Speaker or
Count Tabula that he should do so...:-)

I am not appointing an Acting Map-Harfer(although I become Acting
Map-Harfer by default), and I am announcing a Nomination for the Office of
Map-Harfer.

I am appointing breadbox Acting Postmaster, and I am announcing a
Nomination for the Office of Postmaster.

I am appointing myself Acting Promoter, and I am announcing a Nomination
for the Office of Promoter.  (Malenkai, if Chaos forwarded you any
undistributed Proposals, pass them on to me.)

I have appointed Malenkai Acting Tabulator, and I am announcing a
Nomination for the Office of Tabulator.

I am appointing myself Acting Undead-Harfer, and I am announcing a
Nomination for the Office of Undead-Harfer.

I am not appointing an Acting Web-Harfer(though see Map-Harfer,
above...:-), and I am announcing a Nomination for the Office of Web-Harfer.

Anyone who is interested in holding any of the above positions, email me
(this is not sent to acka-priv, so you might have to actually type in my
email address to reply privately) and tell me, in 500 words or less, why
you think you would make the best candidate to fulfill the requirements
of the Office.  I should warn you that I intend to be Undead-Harfer,
so don't waste your time, but the other offices I do not intend to hold
unless it's absolutely necessary.  (Well, I suppose I _could_ handle
Map-Harfer, but I'm willing to let someone else step forward and take
that one if e wishes.)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Beethoven:Fur Elise
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
An eye for a lie, a tooth for a truth.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 17:53:38 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 444 (Malenkai)

two-star did not deliver a verdict in time (in fact it was about 
20 minutes late).  [Off the record, the verdict was UNDECIDED, so the
lateness is good, because UNDECIDED would prolly lead to INVALID by rule 
219, which is always a shame to get as a verdict :)]

It has been assigned to Malenkai

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 444
  Subject: Voting in Favor
Initiator: Vynd
    Judge: two-star (failed to deliver verdict)
2nd Judge: Malenkai (assigned Aug 09, 1997, 17:53h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

The Senate did not vote in favor of the Senate resolution
provisonaly entitled "Concerning the Senate".

Vynd's Reasoning:

> Pursuant to rule 1001 ("Institutions") I announce the voting results
> of the SR: "Concerning the Senate".  Said SR is ACCEPTED, 1 vote for.
>
> [From section 3: "Results may be announced before the alloted time
> ends, in which case the voting period is over when those results are
> announced."  Note that the announcer is nowhere required to be a
> member of the institution.]
>
> Malenkai

I'd quote the other messages he sent, but I'm not up to the cutting and
pasting.  Essentially, Malenkai exercised his privilige as Speaker to
submit a senate resolution, voted on it as proconsul (since the Senate was
in a 0-0 tie) and then announced the vote as above.

This is mostly correct, everything except the accepted part.  The
Pro-Consul can vote whenever there is a tie, not jsut when all Senators
ahve voted and there is a tie.  It is correct that anyone is allowed to
announce the results of the vote, and thereby end the voting period, even
if the vote has not been truly completed.  However...

Rule 1001 section 2a says:

"...An Institution votes "in favor" of something or "in support of an
action" when a simple majority of it's members vote "in favor" or "in
support."

Rule 411.1 3rd paragraph says:

"If the Senate votes in favor of accepting a resolution then immediately
after the results of the vote are publicly announced..." yadda yadda
yadda.

1 of 5 does not constitue a majority.  Thus the Senate did not vote in
favor of the resolution, and since it's voting period ended without the
Senate voting in favor, it didn't pass.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 15:59:11 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Inventor

> 2) When Chaos left, he was in the process of building a Spell Book of 
> Chorg.  Its construction was complete, yet an auction had not been
> initiated.  The Undead-Harfer should note this somehow, assuming it
> affects the game state (which it may not).

According to Rule 595, announcing auctions for an unowned Gadget is part of
the sequence of tasks that must be performed to create it.  I would contend
that if the Auction is not called by the Scientist(and Chaos cannot,
anymore), then the Gadget has not been created.

> 3) When Chaos ceased being Inventor, all of his lonely blueprints were
> destroyed.  Plunky Monkey Wrench is the only one that may have been
> destroyed; I have no idea if such a gadget existed at the time 
> he ceased being Inventor.

/dev/joe has one, therefore it is not a lonely Blueprint.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Beethoven:Fur Elise
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
I had a brush with Death; later I curled with Delirium.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 17:58:06 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Prez

> I have appointed Malenkai Acting Tabulator, and I am announcing a
> Nomination for the Office of Tabulator.

I am volunteering for Tabulator, and will hold the office until 
someone gets a bot running, or until I have a child, whichever comes
first :)

I am not writing a justification, that's silly.  I am not typing your
e-mail address, this should have been sent to acka-priv :)

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 15:02:25 -0700
From: Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 444 (Malenkai)

I am removing myself from the CFJ Ineligibility list

**two-star

Malenkai wrote:
> 
> two-star did not deliver a verdict in time (in fact it was about
> 20 minutes late).  [Off the record, the verdict was UNDECIDED, so the
> lateness is good, because UNDECIDED would prolly lead to INVALID by rule

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 17:11:12 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Proposals Page

Since somebody might as well do this, I am putting up a temporary Current
Proposals Page.  It is(or will be just as soon as I upload it)at
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/acka/props.html, and, as always,
there will be a link from my main Acka page.

As long as nobody submits The Great Renumbering II, I should have enough
disk space to keep this up until an Acrobot is running.  I'm not sure
if I'll be able to put up a Proposal Archive, though.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Alannah Myles:A-Lan-Nah
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 19:20:33 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2276

> Proposal 2276
> Thinking of Maud you forget everything else.

> Proposal 2277
> Share The Harf

I was hoping that only essential proposals be submitted until
such time as someone gets a bot running, and the general chaos
of the game state is cleaned up (as happened last time).

In any case, I can not tabulate more than about a 1 a day average,
if that, by hand.  If someone else can do more by hand, then volunteer, 
but I hope we can refrain from submitting this unessential stuff until
things are under control, or until we have a super-tabulator on staff.  

I mean, do we really need to make the default case of the Harfmeister
more complex for the rare case of when e leaves the game at all,  much
less *now* while the game state is as it is?

I guess I should have stated this more clearly, but I have very limited
time for the game, but stepped in as tabulator as an emergency measure,
as historically no one ever wants to do it by hand.  I think these 
proposals are in questionable taste under the circumstances, but since
I did not make this clear, I have no real complaint except the expectance
of understanding, which I often misjudge :-)

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 19:32:02 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe (Vynd)

Antimatter did not report what Phoebe said.  Vynd has found her.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 18:11:35 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2276

> > Proposal 2276
> > Thinking of Maud you forget everything else.

> > Proposal 2277
> > Share The Harf

> I was hoping that only essential proposals be submitted until
> such time as someone gets a bot running, and the general chaos
> of the game state is cleaned up (as happened last time).

Fair enough.  The first one was one that I _did_ submit before Chaos
resigned, so I feel that it would be more honest to resubmit it now.
Maybe it's not _essential_, but it's not entirely frivolous either, IMHO.
But the other one...you're right.  I shall retract Proposal 2277 and take
the two-point penalty for my thoughtlessness.

> In any case, I can not tabulate more than about a 1 a day average,
> if that, by hand.  If someone else can do more by hand, then volunteer, 
> but I hope we can refrain from submitting this unessential stuff until
> things are under control, or until we have a super-tabulator on staff.  

Fair enough.  I could declare a Proposal Moratorium, or a Holiday, until
things are on track...

> I guess I should have stated this more clearly, but I have very limited
> time for the game, but stepped in as tabulator as an emergency measure,
> as historically no one ever wants to do it by hand.  I think these 
> proposals are in questionable taste under the circumstances, but since
> I did not make this clear, I have no real complaint except the expectance
> of understanding, which I often misjudge :-)

I hadn't quite understood that you would have such limited time as
Tabulator.  I still haven't managed to get it through my thick skull
that not everyone has as much time as I have(either part-time system
adminstrating as I was before, or unemployed as I am now).

I guess I just miss the stable game state, and want it back _now_.  :-/
Don't mind me, I'm just a bit overeager.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Nik Kershaw:The Riddle
Current Book--Mike Resnick:Alternate Kennedys
Mount Fuji is very old.  Older than very old dirt.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 20:14:35 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2276

> I hadn't quite understood that you would have such limited time as
> Tabulator.  I still haven't managed to get it through my thick skull
> that not everyone has as much time as I have(either part-time system
> adminstrating as I was before, or unemployed as I am now).
> 
> I guess I just miss the stable game state, and want it back _now_.  :-/
> Don't mind me, I'm just a bit overeager.

Don't mind me either :).  I was a bit frustrated at myself for not
stating this up front.  I've been through this before, when we lost our
bot the last time, and *no one* volunteered to be tabulator, and snowgod 
got  stuck with it by default.  He did a great job at the time, but it was
clear to me that it was a strain. 

I certainly do not want to choke the proposal queue.  I would rather
a "stripped down" version of acka until a bot is back on line, or 
someone can tabulate full time.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 20:19:54 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposals 2259 - 2275

I am certain Chaos reported incorrect tallies of some of these
proposals, based on my records of my own voting on the proposals
and how he reported my voting.  Thus it is possible that other errors
occurred as well, indeed likely.

If you voted on any of these proposals, please forward the e-mail
you send to Chaos, with headers, so I can verify the votes and 
the timing of the votes.

I would prefer to do it this way, rather than release them and
have people chime in at random times about inaccuracies.  If someone
feels this is inappropriate, please suggest an alternative way to
untangle these proposals that is lawful.  Game custom does allow
correction of votes, provided it is within the statute of limitations.

Malenkai
Acting Tabulator

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 02:31:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Martin Norb{ck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: proposals?

Since the proposals are handled manually at the time being, I'll rather sleep
for a while until things get going.
Can I say "Hello" to mum?
/norpan
Signature left blank

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 23:29:19 -0400
From: [email-masked] (Chuck S Smith)
Subject: Re: Acka: proposals?

Hey, you're the other new guy, aren't you?  Have this game figured out
yet?  I sure don't!  Of course, I've been so busy...life should cool down
shortly...  :-)

So, what's up?  Where do you live?  What's your fav board game?  Invent
any of your own?  How old are you?

I'm from Harrisburg, PA  USA and I'm 18.

Great to have w/ us,
Chuck (Whiz)  [the other new guy]

- -----
I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

------------------------------

End of ackanomic digest V2 #244
******************************