Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #241
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Friday, August 8 1997        Volume 02 : Number 241

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 08:20:26 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Runemaker

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Malenkai wrote:

> > e-mail me if you wanna run for runemaker.
> 
> No one volunteered (I would have if the rule weren't so
> mind-numbingly complex :-).  IAC, it is an optional office,

Wow. My crystal ball was tuned well. As I stated, I won't oppose an
ammendment to the part I believe you refer to. I can repost my resignation
message if you like. And there are still other ways in which Otzma Cards
can be created.
Niccolo Flychuck

 > so it remains vacant until the procedure to fill vacant 
> optional offices, as described in the office rules,
> is followed.
> 
> Malenkai
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 20:12:40 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CHAOS

> I'm trying to keep an up-to-date Entity-Log; just updating it right now,
> in fact.  I would like a copy of the bot code; odds are that if I do set up
> such a thing I'll rewrite it in Perl like I have everything else, but it'd
> be nice to see if there's some tricks you thought of that I hadn't.  (I've
> been trying to convert /dev/joe's pangram program to Perl, and am finally
> figuring it out; most of the problems rest on differences between Python
> and Perl, unsurprisingly...)
	The entity part of the bot is really pretty much a wreck.  It
was so buggy I had decided to rewrite it a different way before I
decided to quit.
	I haven't read mail for about 5 days.  I will quit when I get
through this batch.  But I'll still be reading mail at this address,
so if anyone has questions about stuff I formerly harfed, I'll take
it.

- -- 
Chaos
Friendly apes shouted at a billion heros.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 20:19:05 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  bot's fate

At least two players have now requested the code of the bot.  If you
have not received some sort of package by tonight you can assume that
I have missed your request (right now it looks like Techno(?) and
breadbox; I'll check it in a sec) and can send me another, privately.

Thanks for all the fun.  Malenkai, if you're on-line, please e-mail me
if there's any problem with me resigning from the game right now.  If
there isn't (other than the YORL game which I feel I must, with GREAT
reluctance, let go) I shall do so tonight.

- -- 
Chaos
formerly Mohammed
my fan is dismantled

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 20:24:03 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  prom & tab

I got mail from admin on August 1 saying he had "fixed something"
which makes me suspect some mail got lost somewhere.  Working on it.

- -- 
jason

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 22:38:03 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  goodbye

As of this message I resign from the game of Ackanomic.

I had planned that I would spend a great deal of time on this message
trying to convey that Ackanomic was a learning experience, a
worthwhile diversion, and generally a heck of a lot of fun.  It was
all that, and more.  But I find that I haven't the time or energy to
give this game and its players the goodbye they deserve.

It's been rich.  It's been good and bad.  It changed me for the
better, even if I spent some time nomicking that should, strictly
speaking, have gone to other pursuits.  I learned some tact-- I think.
(This is a suspicion that has not been verified by an indifferent
observer, but the frequency of Politeness Moons against me dropped off
noticeably.)

I want everyone to know that I'm not leaving because of any fault in
Acka.  I believe Acka is still a fabulous game.  The e-mail volume is
okay, and the people are friendly.  There's nothing else like it
anywhere.  Keep it unique and fun.

Well, I really must go now.  It's been unreal.

So long.

- -- 
Chaos
formerly Mohammed
ex-President, ex-Tabulator, ex-Promoter, ex-Clerk-of-the-Courts,
ex-Inventor, ex-Priest-of-Azpiazu, ex-Swinger
Undead

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:36:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  goodbye

> As of this message I resign from the game of Ackanomic.

I offer my good-byes to Chaos aka Mohammed,
and hereby nominate him for the Hall of Elders.

breadbox

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #241
*******************************