Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #234
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Tuesday, August 5 1997        Volume 02 : Number 234

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 21:27:18 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: I'm Back

I'm back from a sort of involuntarily activated vacation.  Haven't checked
yet, ut I imagine there are at least 92,000 email message waiting to be
downloaded.  Yum.

Oh, while I'm here let me introduce you to Patrick Maloney, our newest
observer.  His email address is [email-masked].  Let's give him a
big Ackanomic welcome.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 23:39:54 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: I'm Back

> I'm back from a sort of involuntarily activated vacation.  Haven't checked
> yet, ut I imagine there are at least 92,000 email message waiting to be
> downloaded.  Yum.

Welcome back.  Want your house reattached, after I've done mine?

> Oh, while I'm here let me introduce you to Patrick Maloney, our newest
> observer.  His email address is [email-masked].  Let's give him a
> big Ackanomic welcome.

Hi, Patrick!  (For a moment there my brain parsed that domain as "Logis of
Tusa"...)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Indigo Girls:Land of Canaan
Current Book--Dan Simmons:The Fall of Hyperion
Bad night to sleep in a eucalyptus tree.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 22:46:29 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: I'm Back 

>
>Hi, Patrick!  (For a moment there my brain parsed that domain as "Logis of
>Tusa"...)
>
>

Scary.  For a moment I though I was the only one!  Wasn't about to admit
that first.  Anyway, yeah, I'd love my house reattached.  Sounds great.
Sounds like fun.  We'll make it a party.  Everyone is invited.  Brink
straws, I'm out.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 08:29:38 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: If you can't beat 'em

Vynd wrote:

> I am requesting membership in the organization, ahem, MIGHTY
> organization,
> known as Vulcan.
> 
I support this action.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:16:38 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka:  not is

> is not is not not is
> 
Absolutely, e.e.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 16:21:50 +0100
From: "Gavin Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: I'm Back

> Sounds like fun.  We'll make it a party.  Everyone is invited.  Brink
> straws, I'm out.
> 
> Mr. Lunatic Fringe
> 
I am going to Mr. Lunatic Fringe's house. Sadly, I am strawless.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 18:10:28 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: re acka prez

I vote Alfvaen for prez
- -Karma

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:51:58 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: I'm Back

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BCA103.7E1C77E0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Phil Ackley [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Monday, August 04, 1997 1:27 AM
To:	[email-masked]
Cc:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Acka: I'm Back

I'm back from a sort of involuntarily activated vacation.  Haven't checked
yet, ut I imagine there are at least 92,000 email message waiting to be
downloaded.  Yum.

Oh, while I'm here let me introduce you to Patrick Maloney, our newest
observer.  His email address is [email-masked].  Let's give him a
big Ackanomic welcome.

WELCOMANOMICY NEIGHBOUR!
- - Karma Flanders

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BCA103.7E1C77E0
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BCA103.7E1C77E0--

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 18:17:39 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: re acka fly like an eagle

I wish to purchace wings, when done I will aid in reattaching houses if I'm too late to help I still wish to buy wings
- - Karma

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 19:16:12 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka:  Vending Machines

Karma:  I will gladly sell you a RTWASA from my vending machine,  for
A$5.

Voting Willy Gnome-man

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 18:11:22 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka:  Vending Machines

>Karma:  I will gladly sell you a RTWASA from my vending machine,  for
>A$5.

So that's...A$2.5 to you and A$2.5 to the Treasury?  I think VM's can only
have even-numbered prices.  But if you're willing to pay the extra A$1
yourself...:-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--REM:Reckoning
Current Book--Lois McMaster Bujold:Shards of Honour
Claviceps lives, bevels baklava.  Lively clavichord lava.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 18:16:42 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: re acka fly like an eagle

>I wish to purchace wings, when done I will aid in reattaching houses if I'm
>too late to help I still wish to buy wings

Hey, there can never be too many people with wings.  We've got a heck of a
lot of dangling buildings here, and the Gravitational Monopole can only be
so many places at once.  (And the risk with large buildings is a wee bit
high.)

Let's see, so that would be me, you, breadbox, (the late)fnord, Mr. Lunatic
Fringe, and Niccolo Flychuck.  Two teams of three, I guess.  You can help
me and breadbox with the Library, if Mr. Lunatic Fringe hasn't come by that
time...

Also, whoever wants to be the next to get Gravitationally Monopoled should
let me know.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--REM:Reckoning
Current Book--Lois McMaster Bujold:Shards of Honour
She criticized my apartment, so I knocked her flat.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:27:37 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: What's Dangling  

I'm flying on over to the library to help the gang reconnect it.  By the
way, does anyone knw which building are dangling, or where I can find a
list?

Mr. Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 21:28:59 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: What's Dangling 

>I'm flying on over to the library to help the gang reconnect it.  By the
>way, does anyone knw which building are dangling, or where I can find a
>list?

With five priests failing to pray, all public buildings and player homes
are dangling.  Except for Tamson House, which just got reattached by the
Gravitational Monopole.

Now, with three of us winged players at the Library, we manage to reattach
it as well.  Then, as invited, I'm going over to breadbox's house to
apply the Gravitational Monopole to it as well.  I mean, hey, it's worked
every time so far, so it's guaranteed to work this time as well!  I push
the red button.

- -
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--Simon & Garfunkel:Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M.
Current Book--Lois McMaster Bujold:Shards of Honour
Gods chase, round vase. What say? What play? Don't know. Nice, though.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 21:40:20 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: What's Dangling 

And I suppose that Cow Town Hotel is not dangling now either, since it's
been abducted by Aliens...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--Simon & Garfunkel:Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M.
Current Book--Lois McMaster Bujold:Shards of Honour
Think locally, act globally.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 19:53:56 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: What's Dangling 

>Now, with three of us winged players at the Library, we manage to reattach
>it as well.  Then, as invited, I'm going over to breadbox's house to
>apply the Gravitational Monopole to it as well.  I mean, hey, it's worked
>every time so far, so it's guaranteed to work this time as well!  I push
>the red button.

I am flying to Cow Town hotel to reattach it.  Wait! There's just a big
smouldering hole there.  What happened?  Hey! When this thing is returned
bythe aliens is it going to be attached?

Now I'm flying over to the Hall of Elders.  I encourage aeveryone to join
me there for a reattachment.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 22:47:00 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: What's Dangling

>I am flying to Cow Town hotel to reattach it.  Wait! There's just a big
>smouldering hole there.  What happened?  Hey! When this thing is returned
>bythe aliens is it going to be attached?

No, I somehow think that it'll still be dangling.  Though feel free to
submit a CFJ.

>Now I'm flying over to the Hall of Elders.  I encourage aeveryone to join
>me there for a reattachment.

Oh, why not.  We can't let Elder Wayne float around in space for the
rest of whatever, can we?

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Song In My Head--Simon & Garfunkel:Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream
Current Book--Lois McMaster Bujold:Shards of Honour
Your email has been returned due to insufficient voltage.

------------------------------

Date: Tue,  5 Aug 1997 00:47:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: Benjamin Good <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka:  officer chaos 

Excerpts from mail: 4-Aug-97 ackanomic digest V1 #4 by ackanomic
digest@muppetl 
> And just what, exactly, is so imperative about resolving the current
> chaos of Officers?  Am I missing something here?  Malenkai is the most
> likely person to get stuck with extra work.  I am not equipped to
> be Promoter or Tabulator, nor will I force those posts on anyone who
> doesn't want them.  Indeed, as I alluded to before, I would not be too
> upset if no new proposals were distributed for a week or so right
> now.  For that reason, too, I have absolutely no desire to _appoint_
> Malenkai or anyone President.  Not to mention the fact that it is no
> fun to get an elective office by appointment.

well, if i read and understood previous digests correctly, it's
imperative to get a president because nobody's in charge of or
responsible for the proposal bot until that happens.  i'd say that's a
good enough reason itself.

ben 

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #234
*******************************